Search Unity

Setting Compiler Options

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by DarkOmega, Feb 18, 2010.

1. DarkOmega

DarkOmega

Hello, I'm new to Unity, so maybe you guys could help me get some issues off of the ground. This is all C#.

In order to use an existing library I have, I believe I need to modify compiler settings to accomplish two goals:

-Enabling use of unsafe. At the points where my code uses 'unsafe,' I get the error "Unsafe code requires the 'unsafe' command line option to be specified."

-Enabling use of System.Linq. Is there a way to do this, or is this not supported? "The type or namespace name 'Linq' does not exist in the namespace 'System'.

I have tried modifying compile_any.pl, based on what I read elsewhere in the forums. In particular, in the region
    # Run the csharp compiler

I added '-unsafe' and '-langversion:linq' to @base_args.

This did nothing. I later got rid of the file compile_any.pl altogether (or rather, renamed it to compile_any2.pl) and it still doesnt make a difference, it compiles just as it used to.

I have indeed modified and re-saved the files to make sure they are compiling, and it appears that they are. So maybe I'm modifying the wrong file?

The one I have was found in, with my directory structure:
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\MonoCompiler.framework\compile_any.pl

If it matters, Unity 2.6.1f3, Pro.

Thanks!

2. Mat

Mat

3. pfiguero

pfiguero

4. Baste

Baste

six and a half year too late to the party, but I'm sure two posters that last visited the forum in 2011 appreciates the help.

5. TaleOf4Gamers

TaleOf4Gamers

Better late then never.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯