Search Unity

Setting a paper texture effect to 2D sprites

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by erpatton, Mar 2, 2017.

1. erpatton

erpatton

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to shaders, and I'm not entirely sure of what to even search for to know where to start for this.

Basically, I want to have a paper texture and blend my sprites' colors onto it so they look like they're made of paper. I'd also like this texture to "move" when the character does (I guess moving the UV coordinates? I've only done super basic Blender 3D modeling before with shaders, so that's the extent of the terminology I know).

So, say I have this texture image for the paper:

I'd want it to blend into my character's coloring, but only show up where the colors are. On top of that, the paper texture would move to the left or the right as the character moved left or right (so scrolling left or right opposite to the character's movement). I've implemented at least the overlay part in Photoshop to show what I mean:

This would be even better if I could just do a full-screen post processing shader that does this instead.

Is this possible? If so, where should I look to learn how to implement it if there's not already an asset available that would allow for this? (If there is one, I'd love to have a link)

2. Mhmd-Subhi

Mhmd-Subhi

I have tried in the past an effect like that for a cartoon game project, it didn't continue, but this is what I have accomplished then, I think it is not completed but I believe It can benefit you.

Attached Files: