Search Unity

Services Tab Won't Load

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CoopOwnz, Mar 12, 2017.

1. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

Services is not loading today at all. I've seen some other posts about the issue and the only solution was to delete the Browser folder in Unity AppData. This did not resolve the issue. Running Win10 64. Unity 5.5.2f1

2. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

Submitted a bug report on this. Really need to get this resolved so I can release this update before vacation... no one ??

Other projects are able to load Services just not this specific project

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  3. Rachzella

Rachzella

Do you tried to refresh the page, and are you connected to wi-fi do you have the latest version of unity?

4. Rachzella

Rachzella

You can go to the dashboard at the Unity website to check the status

5. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

We had an issue on MacOS Sierra where the Services windows were blank. The workaround there was to undock the tab, could you try that and see if it works (as a quick solution just in case this takes time to investigate)?

6. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

I'm using Windows. Not on Wifi. Other projects will load the Services but not this one.

I tried the undock tab solution when I saw the original thread about it and it's not helpful.

It just says Loading... in the center and the project has many errors since it utilizes the Services like Ads and Analytics making it unusuable.

And yes I have the latest version of Unity.

7. Rachzella

Rachzella

Copy the Path: C:User/Documents/Your_Project_Name/ and place it in the new directory Back-Up Unity make a new unity project Check if the Service tab is working delete THAT PROJECTS files ALL and place your backup path in that project it have to work now

8. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

Before doing that there is something interesting that I noticed. I closed the Services tab altogether and have no way to reopen it in that specific project. The method to reopen it is typically go to Windows->Services but that does not appear as shown in the first picture attached. Also, clicking the Cloud button does not do anything. So now that I've closed the services tab I have no way to make it appear again.

When I look in a different project the Windows drop down has a ton more options. I am able to close and open the Services tab and it works perfectly. The picture of the Windows drop down on the working project is attached as well.

Starting a new project the services load fine. Perhaps this will give some more insight into the bug? UnityPic1.png UnityPic2.png

9. Rachzella

Rachzella

I had the same as you a month ago, what I did is Close unity Restart your windows reopen project and when I did that I found that tab back

10. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

That did not work... I would really like a method to fix this without copying everything into a new project. I'm not sure that's a good idea or how to safely do that. I would also like some reassurance that this is being looked into by the Unity team. Thanks for your help so far @TheMinionBeastDev

11. Rachzella

Rachzella

Maybe this will help you without copying files, Go to window >> Layouts >> Reset to factory, close unity and reopen it you might see the service tab now, @CoopOwnz thanks for thanking me :)

12. Jonathan-FourFats

Jonathan-FourFats

13. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Could you give me the report nr? I'll check with whoever is working on this.

14. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

15. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

This did not work. This is starting to become a big issue since I have critical bugs to fix on the current release of this project. If there is any type of workaround that someone can provide me on the Unity team I really need to get this going @SaraCecilia

16. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

Still nothing from the Unity team. Still nothing I've tried resolves this. I guess I have to attempt to copy everything from this project to a new one?

17. larku

larku

Also having this issue with 5.5.2p4, my "Window" menu in Unity now looks like the image above posted by CoopOwnz

Any workarounds so I can work with services?

I closed the services window since it was only showing "Loading..." and never loaded, now I can no longer open it.

18. larku

larku

This is a critical bug for me right now, I'm unable to even run my project due to:

Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/script/PurchasingCheck.cs(3,0): error CS1029: #error: '"Unity IAP plugin is installed, but Unity IAP is not enabled. Please enable Unity IAP in the Services window."'

SaraCecilia - Can we get some urgency on this please? It's a 100% show stopper right now.

19. larku

larku

Hey all,

I just closed Unity, deleted the Library folder, opened Unity and let it reimport and viola services work again and the Window menu is back to normal.

20. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

I just tried this and still nothing. I also can no longer bring up the Services tab at all. This has stopped my project for over 2 weeks. Are you sure that was all you did to fix it?

21. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

I've tried reinstalling Unity.. no help. I guess I will submit another bug report.

Edit: New bug report submitted in much more detail

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  22. larku

larku

I rebooted my machine, started Unity, no better. Closed Unity, deleted the Library folder, reopened Unity and all was normal again.

I'm using 5.5.2p4 (the latest patch release).

I made no other changes.

23. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

Got the latest patch release and that fixed it! Wow finally, thanks @larku

I did not see anything in the patch release about fixing an issue like that but I must have missed it.

Unity team can close the two bug reports linked in this thread I'm not sure how to do that.

larku likes this.
  24. Rachzella

Rachzella

If you have this problem In the future again! Please sign out unity and sing in again

25. Rachzella

Rachzella

Sign in and out on unity

26. larku

larku

That didn't work for me - tried many times.

Closing Unity, deleting the Library folder and reopening Unity was the only thing that fixed it for myself.

27. Galatia410

Galatia410

Ive had this error a few times now and it doesnt seam to be unity, for me its the github plugin for unity. delete it, close unity, restart and all should be well :)

***Edit***
    ... or not i had to reinstall github plugin, then create a new game, enable IAP, copy the unity purchasing from that game to my actual game then all worked great

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  28. igorimp

igorimp

I posted this to a different thread, but repeating it here in case someone doesn't find the other...

Just to weigh in, just had the same problem and nothing noted here helped, until I tried a solution on another thread for something seemingly unrelated and it worked.

I moved the project's "Plugins" folder (in Assets) outside the project, started Unity then closed it. Then I moved back the Plugins folder and started again and everything started acting normally.

I'm 99% sure the problem started because I had Unity project open when I sent my computer into sleep mode, this caused some sort of mix up in some local files somewhere. When I returned to it, the Services tab set everything to OFF. Instead of activating the options (not sure if this would have changed my future or not), I tried restarting and then the services tab wouldn't load (stuck at "loading"). After an hour of search and attempted fixes, at one point I closed the Services tab, but found the option to show it again wasn't visible (it should have been under Window menu). Exploring this problem led me to the solution above (plugin options missing from the Window menu = Plugin folder).