1. We've introduced thread tags, search within a thread and similar thread search. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've released our first Timeline Experimental Preview, our new tool for creating cutscenes and more! To check it out click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Unity Pro perpetual license customers: your special offer to subscribe is ready! Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 5.5 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out all the fixes for 5.5 in patch releases 1 & 2.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 5.6 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Get prepared for the Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program! Read more about the upcoming program here.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Enter the Microsoft Developer Challenge for a chance to win prizes. Read more about it here.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling on the Unity Asset Store - Earn 70% each sale, non-exclusive!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Nova-Shade

Nova-Shade

Hi , I have a question concerning voucher codes : does it count as a transaction in the "popularity" algorithm of the asset store ? I mean , does giving away a dozen of voucher codes could help your asset to gain in popularity and in visibility ?

2. DawidMoza

DawidMoza

Hi, what do you think of a package of 1145 simply shapes? And what's more important, how much could you pay for it?

3. roryo

roryo

Hi - I'm prepping my editor extension, Archimatix, for submission to the asset store and I noticed in the submission guidelines that:

"Submissions that include .jpgs files will be rejected. Texture files need to be in a lossless compression format such as PNG, TGA, or PSD."

While my sample textures are all png or psd, my editor-only GUI icons and thumbnails are jpgs. Will that work?

4. Martin_H

Martin_H

If they had a script that auto rejects every asset with a jpg in it, imho that would be ridiculous, because it could be part of readme material explaining the use of the asset. If it gets manually checked I would be extremely surprised if they reject it based on that. I'd just submit and see what happens, but if it gives you peace of mind, how long would it take you to just convert those jpgs into pngs? (even though that would be following the letter of the law and ignoring the spirit entirely :D )

roryo likes this.
  5. roryo

roryo

Thankks, @Martin_H. The thumbnails are generated automatically as you save parametric objects to the Archimatix library. I had trouble writing to png format. Also, jpgs are smaller and I would hate to fill up users space if they end up saving or downloading lots of library items. I will take your advice and include a note about it to the readme and cross my fingers!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Martin_H likes this.
  6. Ellenack

Ellenack

Hi !

I wanted to know, as a publisher, is it possible to know if people have added your asset to their wish list ? And who ?

7. Jonny10

Jonny10

Sadly, no :rolleyes:

8. Ellenack

Ellenack

Shame. Thanks for the quick reply ! :)

9. SarfaraazAlladin

SarfaraazAlladin

My first asset just got approved (yay!) and I want to share it on Facebook.However, when I paste the link into the FB text box, the link pop up thing that it generates says 404 not found

Untitled.png

Is this normal for a link fresh off of the approval process? (It has been 2 days). Is there anything I can/ should do about this?

The link works just fine, but with the thumbnail showing up as not found, I don't want to share yet.

UPDATE

I sent an email to asset store support and they confirmed that this is a bug. They said it should be fixed in a few hours :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    kurotatsu likes this.
  10. LegoDomme

LegoDomme

Hello,
    Soon I want to share some textures I made. The pack will include 15 textures like furniture, walls or carpet.
    Is a price of 1$ OK? Will the money be 'changed' into €, if someone purchases it? (I am living in the EU)
    Thanks for any answer. :)