Search Unity

Unity UI [SOLVED] Scrollview problem

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by ChrisIsAwesome, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ChrisIsAwesome

ChrisIsAwesome

So I have the scrollview set up properly and it is working, just not the way I want. What it does is it moves the content down with the scrollbar. What I want however, is for the content to move up, like how scrolling works on the internet. I don't understand why Unity changed the scroll direction to opposite of the way it's always been done, but how can I change the scroll direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-- Chris

2. mikael_juhala

mikael_juhala

I created a scrollview and for me, when the vertical scrollbar moves down the content moves up. So when the scrollbar is all the way down, I see the bottom of the content.

Try creating a new scene and simply do Right-click (in Hierarchy) > UI > Scroll View and compare your implementation to that. I would guess the issue is simply something being a child of the wrong object.

ChrisIsAwesome likes this.
  3. methos5k

methos5k

4. ChrisIsAwesome

ChrisIsAwesome

Thanks for the help! I did that and found it to work, so I just copied it from the test scene to my current scene and it worked. I ended up with the same setup I had before, but this time it works. All I figure is I changed something the first time that messed it up.

That doesn't change the scroll direction, it changes the way the scroller in the scrollbar is moved, but the way the content moves remains the same.

-- Chris

5. methos5k

methos5k

Ah okay.. Glad ya got it working, anyways =)

ChrisIsAwesome likes this.