Search Unity

Scripts Recompile After Build

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by emrys90, Jul 22, 2017.

1. emrys90

emrys90

After doing a standalone build, Unity's busy icon shows in the bottom right like it does when its compiling scripts. It seems to rewrite the build output logs so I cannot get info from the build process, such as which assets are being used. Does anyone have any thoughts on what can be causing this? I assume it's something in my project, but not sure what.

Harinezumi likes this.
  2. Harinezumi

Harinezumi

I also noticed this (and it has been like this at least since Unity 5.2): after making a build Unity recompiles the whole codebase, which overwrites build logs. At first I thought this makes no sense, but I've just realized that Standalone mode and Editor mode are different builds, so the Editor has to recompile to be able to continue running Editor scripts, etc. This is not an optimal solution though, I would separate the intermediate files from different compilation types so that they don't get overwritten. Anyway, I don't think we can do anything about this, this seems like something internal to how Unity does things.

3. emrys90

emrys90

Ah okay, that makes sense. Do you know if there's any other way to get the build log then?