Search Unity

Audio Scripting Question [UNRESOLVED]: Player triggered recording of in-game audio

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by alyxwarner, Apr 13, 2017.

1. alyxwarner

alyxwarner

Hey All,

I'm working on a game and the central mechanic involves recording in-game sounds. Essentially, the player needs to be able to hit a button and record exactly what they hear in the environment around them. I'd like to find a way to then store those recordings so that I can create a system that allows the player to play them back (I can figure out the playback system on my own as that's far less complicated, but I DEFINITELY need help figuring out how to save and store the recordings). Perhaps there is a way to record and then write to a specific file type?

I'm not completely new to programming (been making my own simple scripts), but I don't REALLY know what I'm doing yet. With that said, I did some research on other forum threads and it seems like the script in the thread below might be useful. I'm just not familiar with a lot of the syntax.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/recording-in-game-sound-and-saving-on-android-devices.251653/

Does anyone know of any tutorials or have any suggestions that might help me figure out how to write the script(s) I'll need? Obviously, this is a tall order so whatever direction y'all can point me in would be super appreciated.

Let me know if you need any other information to help me out with this request.

Cheers,

Alyx

2. rorywalsh

rorywalsh