Search Unity

Scatty/Jumpy NavMesh Movement Question/s

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by DeathOwesMEaBeer, May 15, 2017.

1. DeathOwesMEaBeer

DeathOwesMEaBeer

Hey guys, hope this makes sense and sorry if you get it alot am new to Unity and Game Design/ Game Programming!

Anyway, I started making a 3D RPG, I have done a few Scripts for Movement, Camera Controlling and "ClickToMove", I have wonderful movement with the Keyboard so long as NavMesh isn't involved, my Click To Move could be improved, i.e to not need a NavMesh, maybe even removed completely - I'm not sure yet! My camera script works perfect again, without a NavMesh. However when I add a NavMesh it all goes tits up, my Character is stuttering, jumping, sleeping and controls become awfully "scatty". I can re-obtain my WASD and Cam scripts to perfection via removing NavMesh and CTM Script, however I'd like to sort this out and keep all the options available.

I can post my code and a video of what I'm talking about if need be? Anyway, was wondering how to go about solving this, I don't know what the actual term is so google has been rather vague, tbh I would be happy with an 'Offical' term to google at this point lol.

2. IvanDonets

IvanDonets

hm, I don't think it is a good idea to add navmeshagent to camera