Search Unity

SBP Vehicle Physics 2.0 (New Project)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BloodBTF, Jan 9, 2017.

1. BloodBTF

BloodBTF

bandicam 2017-01-09 23-16-14-200.jpg Many of you have downloaded my free vehicle physics starter kit, the SBP vehicle physics 1.0

Now due to it's popularity, I've decided to come up with a new and improved version of it, simply called the SBP vehicle physics 2.0.

This time, it features tons more features than it's predecessor, and more realistic vehicle behavior,

SUCH AS:

-Burnouts
    -Donuts
    -Realistic E-Brake turns
    -and more!

PLAY THE DEMO HERE: https://spybloodmedia.wordpress.com/web-demos/

Also, this package is 100% user friendly. You don't have to spend 30 minutes alone setting up the wheel colliders. The scripts do all that for you. Plus, With a few clicks in the inspector, you can assign all the colliders, Components, Rigidbody, everything!

Updates will be frequent, as this has been my main project

Cy8Tsq4XEAAFZ_x.jpg

What are you waiting for? Go on and get it here!
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/76896

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  2. CoderPro

CoderPro

The price $40 is too expensive if compare with quality of this asset. Have more physics asset better than this asset. Even you can see, the car physics from Standar Asset of Unity better than this. Not suggess for this !

3. BloodBTF

BloodBTF

sorry to hear about your dislike about this project, I do accept your feedback, but have you tried to play the demo or see any of the demo videos? To actually get a feel of what this asset has to offer.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  4. CoderPro

CoderPro

i did tried your web demo. And nothing special in your asset even Vehicle Physics from Unity Standar Asset or some tutorials from youtube or google...

5. BloodBTF

BloodBTF

Then what might you suggest I do different? Because I did not use the Standard Asset car controller as a template while developing this. What makes other Vehicle physics assets like Edys vehicle physics or RCC stand out more than this?

6. Magic73

Magic73

I don't understand what you mean with "compatible with Edys vehicle physics or RCC". your package is a vehicle physics as the other ones...

7. BloodBTF

BloodBTF

what I mean is, SBPVP 2.0 Can be interrogated with those packages and they can be interrogated with this one. If you happen to own any one of those two, you'll see that this package can work greatly with RCC or EVP. IRDS says it is also compatible with EVP and RCC, as you can see on it's asset store page

8. Magic73

Magic73

So, you may use a vehicle with EVP, one with RCC and one with SBPVP. right?

9. magique

magique

Is this actively being developed?

10. BloodBTF

BloodBTF

Yeah. The last update is nearing 6 months old, but I update when its needed

11. magique

magique

Excellent. I might be doing an arcade style racer and this looks like it would be perfect for that sort of thing. Something along the lines of Need for Speed kind of racing.

BloodBTF likes this.
  12. magique

magique

When running the desktop demo scene there are issues. First, the reference resolution for the UI is such that it doesn't scale properly when run in a fixed resolution mode such as 1280x720. Second, I get a couple errors as follows:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ShowCarStats.Update () (at Assets/SPB Car Physics/Scripts/ShowCarStats.cs:32)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    VehicleCameraControl.Update () (at Assets/SPB Car Physics/Scripts/VehicleCameraControl.cs:59)

[EDIT]
    For the errors it just looks like you threw the demo together and used some bad coding practices by performing FindObject calls in the Update loop. Since a car isn't selected immediately when the scene runs, these calls fail. I have to say that such sloppy coding is not inspiring confidence in your asset.

13. magique

magique

OK, so I wasn't quite right in one case. Basically, your code can be fixed by making the following changes:

In VehicleCameraControl.cs change the code at the top of the Update function to this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (AutoAssignPlayer) {
    2.             //make sure we find a player car and not an AI car.
    3.             GameObject playerObj = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player");
    4.             if (!playerObj) return;
    5.             playerCar = playerObj.GetComponent<Rigidbody>().transform;
    7.         }
    And in ShowCarStats.cs change the code at the top of the Update function to this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (vehicle == null)
    2.         {
    3.             VehicleControlInput vehicleObj = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<VehicleControlInput>();
    4.             if (!vehicleObj) return;
    6.             vehicle = vehicleObj.GetComponent<VehicleControl>();
    7.         }

14. BloodBTF

BloodBTF

Ok. I'll fix these errors today and reupload the project to the store
    (Despite how easily this can be fixed the asset reviewers take a long time to approve a package reupload. So you're gonna have to wait some time until it officially gets updated)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  15. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, "SBP Vehicle Physics 2.0 Web Demo" can't be played, can you fix it?

16. BloodBTF

BloodBTF

Hi. Thanks for reporting the problem, i fixed it and the demo should be playable now
    https://spybloodmedia.wordpress.com/web-demos/

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  17. AussieManGamers

AussieManGamers

how to integrate this kit with RCC? I am Integrating a car and its fronts wheels steerable are checked and I also play with the values of max and min values but no effect on turn.

18. Fibonaccov

Fibonaccov

Wanted to let you know that your Android demo doesn't work (at least on Android 11) - the app doesn't react to any input on the screen so I can see the AI cars and the player car but that's it.