Search Unity

[Updated] 2D Online Platformer Tutorial

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kurtav, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Kurtav

Kurtav

Description of the document theme :
    How to add multiplayer to single player (on the example of 2D Platformer package (Unity Essentials)) by using a specified pattern of rules. (Four rules)

PC Build

link package : http://u3d.as/KtT

List of features:

I remade the weapons system. Now it is separated from the player. When taking a weapons crate, weapons behaviour scripts are dynamically added and deleted on the player, when there is no more ammo. It is very simple to add new weapons.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Kurtav

Kurtav

update - 1.1
    Added weapon: shotgun

Fixes :
    - In the new version of the unity(5.6.0f3) fixed bug – “Incomplete mesh data in Sprite. Please reimport or recreate the Sprite.” Because of it the player's sprite was not displayed.
    - Fixed duck,bus,cab animation(Background object)
    - Scripts CubeLerp and NetworkPlayer combined into one network script
    - Fixed bug - While pressing Fire1 in FixedUpdate() sometimes returns a Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1") == false
    - The radius of the explosion has decreased by half

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  3. Kurtav

Kurtav

update - 1.2
    - Added weapon: launcher
    :)

Fixes :
    - Fixed bug - If you shoot at the edge of the platform or by player, then the missile ammunition(rocket) was called twice OnTriggerEnter2D()
    - Fixed double death animation and double death sound of the player

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  4. Kurtav

Kurtav

- Added weapon: revolver
    Fixes :
    - Fixed the lag in the movement of weapons when the animation of the recoil of the weapon occurred and the state animations changed from sit to the idle and vice versa
    - When both players die and simultaneously fall into the river there is a red error of the PUN – “Ev Destroy Failed”
    - The sound of playing a shot from the weapon was broken if the ammunition was immediately destroyed after the spawn(bazooka)

5. Kurtav

Kurtav

- Added - Example of network player customization

6. Cruz510

Cruz510

can you add mobile support?

7. Kurtav

Kurtav

what do you mean?
    mobile management in this project? (fire button in the scene, joystick)
    please describe in detail the request

8. Kurtav

Kurtav

- Added weapon: machine gun
    - Divided scenes: Game and PlayerEditor(Example of network player customization)
    - Fixed : The player sometimes took two weapons instead of one

9. giosto

giosto

yeah,
    that will be good to make mobile controllers

10. GeorgePttn

GeorgePttn

I think the should leave the position at the remaining (winning) player when you restart a stage, or at least make a warning about restarting the scene
    Well, I guess it would be nice to add the boundaries of the game (points) and room for connections

11. Kurtav

Kurtav

sorry that for a long time did not answer. I was busy with other thoughts in my head and then completely forgot to answer. sorry again)
    For questions on my packages, it's better to ask in the mail. (aleksandronto@gmail.com)
    I answer more actively there.

mobile management is in another my package
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/63730

I can not in all packages do mobile management. I want them to be distinguished by unique content from each other. Sales are small ))

If you find it difficult to programmatically make a joystick, look here - here is an example of a joystick - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32351 (example 2d scene(build settings - switch platform - android))

12. Kurtav

Kurtav

such important details are needed for the release of the game, but not for the example of developing the simplest game for 5$)
    I do not have such great enthusiasm for expanding, improving this development (I'm not paid for it). Sorry . Sales of this package are very small.