Search Unity

◉ Custom Gravitations Kit ◉ Take Gravity under control ◉

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Patico, May 19, 2014.

?

What next feature would you like to get first, guys?

1. Supporting of custom gravitations in 2D games

2. Supporting of Third Person Character Controller from Unity's Standart Assets

3. Implementation of FPS ( First Person Controller )

4. Custom gravity for vehicle systems / car physics ( compatibility with such plugins like Realistic Ca

5. Supporting Nav Meshes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I wrote my previous post almost one week ago (just here above), and there is still no answer, and I like very much this asset and would l like very much to buy it and use it, BUT I am afraid and have the fear that if this will not be updated anymore in the future there could be some possible problems with Unity 5 and I would not be able to continue using it.

I would be a pity to loose this great asset

2. Elin42

Elin42

i'm waiting since october for an update.
    Specially for first person control support.
    But for now i have to find my own solution with playmaker. So don't use centric gravity. Just let the player jump and look around and rotate the world to let the player move. But it's not so easy :-(
    Sad to know, that my money was totaly wasted

3. Patico

Patico

Hi, guys!
    During the last months I was on some kind of vocation because of I changed my primary employer, it was hard and very educative time for me, but as result support of my assets became very limited. I really appologise for that.

Now, I glad to say that development process of asset is started again and support as full as was before. Also I would like to share with you current state of project and the roadmap.

First of all, as I've got some new knowledges, I decided to change depelompent process, to make it more quickly, publish updates more often, and make them more stable via testing assets on different platforms (from Unity 4.3.2 to Unity 5).

Today I published new version 1.7 of Custom Ggravitations Kit, wich includes supporting of massive planets (also created with wonderful Planetary Terrian asset). As soon as it will accepted by Assets Strore Team it will available in store for update or purchase (usually it take up to week).

Below you can see the roadmap - list of next features that will implemented in futher versions.
    - Integration with Unity 5, now I can confirm that asset will support Unity 5
    - Implementation of First Person Controller
    - Support of Third Person Character Controller (from Unity's Standart Asset)

The order of features does not mean the order of implementation, you can ask to increase priority of feature you need or ask to add one more. But anyway, now you will know direction of my work and could impact on it.

Mosk likely, next will implemented integration with Unity 5, current version give 5-6 errors in Unity 5, so fixing it should not be difficult and new release will published promptly.

Thanks,
    Paul Patico.

CGK-1.1_2_cropped.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  4. Patico

Patico

Hi again,
    Just one small update - Custom Gravitations Kit will fully compatible with Unity 5. Just made all needed fixes, waiting for review.

5. Patico

Patico

[NEW FEATURE DONE]

Hi again,

Good news - 1.7 update, was aproved, and now available at Asset Store
    In this update was added supporting of really big (massive) planets.

Next feature (compatible with Unity 5) also is ready and waiting for review from AssetStore Team.

CGK-1.1_13_cropped.jpg
    Here we go!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  6. Patico

Patico

[NEW FEATURE DONE]

Updated to 1.8

Fully compatible with Unity 5 now. ;)

7. toto2003

toto2003

awesome update, as we are talking about unity 5 will the new unity car physics will work with it?

8. Patico

Patico

9. Patico

Patico

Hi, everybody!

During the last weeks I had done some usefull stuffs like integration with Unity 5 and adding support of Massive Planets.
    Now, I'm defining tasks for implementing in the next release. And I would like to ask what features are more important and interesting for you?

Here is a list of tasks:
    - Supporting of custom gravitations in 2D games
    - Implementation of FPS ( First Person Controller )
    - Support of Third Person Character Controller (from Unity's Standart Assets)
    - Custom gravity for vehicle systems / car physics ( compatibility with such plugins like Realistic Car Controller or Randomation Vehicle Physics 2.0 )

What would you like to get first, guys? :cool:
    Vote by poll above or write bellow.

10. danreid70

danreid70

Vehicle physics for sure! Tracked (tank) and wheeled vehicles, to keep them "bottom down" and allow for movement when grounded.

And for rotating "space ships" whose orientation could be "upside down" to "bottom side down" at a defined speed when transitioning into a gravity field... So that the flip is gradual when turning from a space ship into a flying vehicle. If that makes sense?

11. Patico

Patico

Ok, that is fine! Denote as task with high priority.
    Anything else, suggestions, ideas? : )

12. SecretStudio

SecretStudio

I bought your kit a long time ago, but I haven't done much with it yet.

As you are asking for suggestions, how about adding an anti-grav/hovercar, or perhaps testing your kit with the asset linked below? Or maybe a 'marble-roll' game mechanic.

I'm going to try it with Unity5 and Planetary Terrain right now.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11912

13. Patico

Patico

Hi,
    no, I had not test it with SciFi Race KIT yet. It looks slightly different, I think.

14. Blackghost

Blackghost

Hello Patico. Some time ago ive asked if you were going to implement physics volumes, similar to the unreal engine. This feature would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a wonderful asset!

15. Patico

Patico

Hi, Blackghost, thank you!
    I remember it - first attempt shown that this is not so easy to make it quickly, but I like this idea and add it to feature requests list again.

16. sirio21

sirio21

Hi i wanna know if Custom Gravitations Pack can help me.

I need to create in a 3d world several cylinders one side other, and player need to run over cylinders (over the top) to the right in a 2d perspective, so z axis is not involved. When player reach to last cylinder player would be turn around and continue running over the down side to the left. Camera for this sample is not moved. When another cylinder circuit is close (into attract orbit), player can jump and it is attracted to another cylinder group (so player it need to be rotate to face to a new ground. (all this is a sample of what i need).
    Basically is a 2D issue but with meshes (3D) objects and colliders instead of sprites.
    It could help me Custom Gravitations Pack?
    If don't understand something just tell me, i speak spanish.
    Thanks!

17. Patico

Patico

Well, it looks like this is not the best case for CGK, or I can't to imagin it in proiper way.

18. Patico

Patico

I've just updated the poll.
    Added a feature 'supporting Nav Meshes', seems could be ineresting for someone : )

19. startleworks

startleworks

Any updates on Custom gravity for vehicle systems / car physics ?

20. Patico

Patico

Hi Saru, I send you an email.

It looks like vehicle system is most popular.
    Will do it : )

21. hendrikk1

hendrikk1

Hi Patico,
    Can you add a simple AI follow for the next release ?

Patico likes this.
  22. Patico

Patico

Oh yes of course, it's good idea and I considered it. As I see that - it should not be "another one AI" - it should be compatible with existing solution, first of all - Unity's Standard Asset. So yes, AI follow will be

23. Patico

Patico

Hi guys,
    Hurry up! Don't miss the chance to get your feature.
    There are only some hours left till the end of the poll.

24. Patico

Patico

Ok guys, by results of poll, next feature will be integration with vehicle systems in custom gravitations kit. Probably this release will include supportig of 2D physics.

25. Patico

Patico

Limited support till 13th of June

Hi guys, I going to travel during next two weeks, and can not make any development/ fixes till come back.

26. quarzwar

quarzwar

Love it. Love everything about it.
    A question though;
    I couldn't really figure out, is the kit compatible with uFPS?

Sincerely,
    CoBon

27. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Hi this looks fantastic I was wondering though if it is just using the third person charector or if it is in both 1st and 3rd person and if you could drive vehicles around the planets using thispackage? I am pretty new to using Unity so don't know really what it can or can't do

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  28. Patico

Patico

Full support mode ON

Hi everybody, I've come back and ready to give full support to anyone.

29. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK I bought your program yesterday

Patico likes this.
  30. Patico

Patico

Cool!
    If you have any ideas, propositions or questions email me : )

31. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK Patico

32. MIK3K

MIK3K

Haven't touched this since release and saw the nice update. Just wanted to say thanks! Making vehicles and AI/NPCs affected by the custom gravity would be very nice. Otherwise, the asset looks great and very fun to play with in Unity.

Edit - Just found the custom gravitation website and looks great.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  33. Patico

Patico

New release is coming
    In the coming release 1.9 added new feature that allows to change gravitational force depending on distance to object. I think the video below explains this case better.

34. imtrobin

imtrobin

Does Navmesh work for AI characters?

35. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Good news that this has been update and kept active, as I think that this is an awesome and amazing idea, I like it very much, but the website is still not working and there is no demo web player available, only videos, is it going to be any new website or a demo uploaded to anywhere soon?

I still have not bought it because I do not understand how do you move the player

I have seen that is put in description and screenshots that you have to use Special character controller with a Camera controller

So how does this special character controller work?

Because is said that Third person controller is a future feature, so is not included as far as I know

And what about enemies? How they move and act with this custom gravity?

Thanks for any help

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  36. hendrikk1

hendrikk1

Hi, Patico
    Your plugin is very powerful, thanks for your great works. Now we make a game with spherical world and the zombies out there. And my question is when the updates come again ?
    I'm waiting for the NavMesh support, honestly.

Thank You.

37. banzai777

banzai777

Thank you, Patico, for continuing to support this great asset you've made! It's been working great for me. I really wish that I could use Unity's first person rigibody character controller with the Custom Gravitations Toolkit, though.

One thing about the 3rd person controller: Can it be made to move side to side (strafe) with the left & right keys (A & D) instead of turning the character the characters with those keys? The mouselook is used for rotating so having those keys for rotating as well is redundant. Can this be easily implemented?

Thank you!

38. Patico

Patico

Hi hendrikk1, just now latest and freshest update was approved and gone online. To be honest - it was very small feature, but during this iteration, I also spent some time for automation process of building and testing asset. It will allow me to complete features quicker and more qualitatively. So don't worry, updates are moving in groove.

What about NavMesh - Unity can generate only "flat" and horizontally oriented navigation meshes, that is not very good for such cases as spherical worlds and planets. As result, I have two ways now - implement own algorithm of NaveMesh generation for curved surfaces, or use one of existing pathfinding solutions and integrate my asset with it. First way looks a bit difficult for implementation and could take a long time, now I rather lean to the second one.

39. Patico

Patico

[NEW FEATURE DONE]

Updated to 1.9

Added option (Curve Editor) for changing power of gravity depending on distance to object for Centric Gravitational Fields.
    With this feature you can control gravity at diffetent locations of gravatational field.

40. Patico

Patico

Yes, first person controller planned to release.
    Strafe sounds good, I will add it too.

41. banzai777

banzai777

Thanks, Patico! 3rd person controller: It would be nice to have mouselook for revolving camera around the player too, instead of turning the player. It could allow for aiming up and down.

Thank you!

Patico likes this.
  42. Patico

Patico

Ok, chalk it up :)

43. hendrikk1

hendrikk1

Ok, thank you so much for your great works Patico :)

Patico likes this.
  44. Patico

Patico

Thanks a lot.
    I think also about making some demo scenes/games with a public available source code (except asset's code). It will good for demonstrating possibilities and example of usage, or can be used for learning purpose.

45. Patico

Patico

Hi everybody, here is small video about 3rd person camera improvements that will included in ver. 1.10

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  46. Patico

Patico

Version 1.10 sent to review
    Includes refactored 3rd person camera with vertical rotations and revolving camera around the player (optional)

47. banzai777

banzai777

I'm looking forward to this. Thanks, Patico!

48. Patico

Patico

This update currecntry on review and will available during 5 business days or sooner. I will post here as soon as it will accepted.

49. danreid70

danreid70

Still taking requests? :) Is it possible to apply a torque to the objects affected by gravity to align the y axis "down" so that say an object like a ship or planetary vehicle (in fact even a character) entering the gravity sphere would "land on its feet" no matter it's alignment when entering the sphere? If based on mass and stronger based on the distance (that you just added - very cool by the way, I can see many cool uses for changing gravity based on distance!), it would make for some very slick vehicle dynamics.

Instead of snapping the y-axis-down, small objects (say a character with mass of 1) would torque quicker, and a large ship (say a large space ship, with a mass of 100) would take longer to "align" to a "bottom-down" orientation. And surface vehicles would slowly align themselves (or more quickly if smaller mass) after an unfortunate collision or jump flipped it over onto its "topside"... I'd add something like this myself, but of course much cleaner if it was automated "out-of-the-box" in your awesome gravitational engine... :)

I can foresee some very cool dynamics as objects enter the gravity sphere and begin to align, and then just automagically align when traveling the surfaces of large planetoids... Fast moving ground vehicles jumping over ramps, landing on their wheels or tracks, or self-righting themselves when they flip... Flying Ships lining up with horizon, with a "down" orientation, levelly flying outwards beyond gravitational pull and without gravity getting that "zero gravity, no down in space" feel again...

Very cool and slick asset, by the way! Already loving how it works! I still have to update to latest version as I haven't had a chance yet (summer keeps me away from sitting at computer, but cold weather will bring me back soon enough... Lol)

50. Patico

Patico