Search Unity

S-Quest: quest/mission builder

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OussamaB, Jan 17, 2014.

1. OussamaB

OussamaB

The 24 hours sale has just ended. Thanks to everyone who bought the asset.

2. Harokel

Harokel

Unfortunately, implementing SQuest in the stable version of my project, I keep going the same problem. At least, I think that occurs because I have three canvas at the scene. I tried to put SQuest and HUDCanvas into the generic Canvas, but I can not find the right settings :-(

3. OussamaB

OussamaB

Try ordering the three canvas by changing the "Sort Order" in the "Canvas" component of each one.

4. Harokel

Harokel

It doesnt work. I tried to change the configuration of the "Render Mode " (Screen Space - Overlay or Camera) but tHe error remains.
    In the "EventSystem " component I configured "First Selected" with S-Quest, but nothing happens :-(

5. OussamaB

OussamaB

Have you tried moving all the elements of two canvas to the third one? Don't move the whole canvas object, only move its child objects. And when you click on a quest giver do you see the quest panel but you can't interact with it or nothing happens at all?

6. Harokel

Harokel

I have configurated like you are suggested me but it doesnt work. Always happens the same. It appears the QuestPanel, only for a second and them disappears.

7. OussamaB

OussamaB

I still don't think I get the problem here. Would it be possible if you record the whole view (including the inspector hierarchay and scene view just like in your latest screenshot) in a video and e-mail it to me? Or I can take a better look through Skype.

8. Harokel

Harokel

I think the better solution is through Skype. Could you take a look sunday night? About 23.00h (GMT+1)?
    I send you a request invitation in Skype few days ago.
    Thank you!!!

9. OussamaB

OussamaB

Works for me.

10. Harokel

Harokel

What happened yesterday?

11. OussamaB

OussamaB

As my website is temporarily down, you can access the documentation here: http://bit.ly/s-questdoc
    I'm currently moving to a new host since this one (Volt Host) just decided to stop their service without warning anyone before.

12. Harokel

Harokel

Hi Soumi!

I have another problem. It only works the first mission. Then, the mission that should start a second quest giver is not working.
    I have the same configuration of the demo scene.

Thanks!

13. OussamaB

OussamaB

If you want a quest to be available when another one is completed. Make sure that they have the same quest code and set the quest order for each quest. If you want these two quests to be available at the same time, just make sure they have different quest codes.

14. Harokel

Harokel

It works with simple models but not with the prefabs that I have already assembled (with many children components).
    I had to completely eliminate my Player because it interfered with S-Quest :-(

Thank you!

15. OussamaB

OussamaB

Is it working now? Because I don't understand how your player prefab interferes with S-Quest. Mind explaining more and maybe we can find a solution?

16. Harokel

Harokel

Only it works with gameObject without children. I do not know who produced the interference. Just I know that with the above error, I have been removing one by one all the elements of the scene and when removed the Player, it worked.

17. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'm not sure if I understood the problem correctly here but is it working fine now?

18. RJJ

RJJ

Contacted you about tying the Quest and Inventory systems together to make the collections quest work, but I figured it out..Very nice asset , thank you very much. I do have a small question on the Inventory , but will ask in the proper forum since it has nothing to do with S-Quest.

19. OussamaB

OussamaB

I haven't received your message. Was it from my website contact page? Because it hasn't been working properly since I moved my web host company but it's working all right. Anyway, glad you fixed the issue yourself.

20. Harokel

Harokel

Me too :S
    There are something in my prefabs that interferes S-Quest. I´m going to create another type of prefabs to learn more about that problem.

21. RJJ

RJJ

Hi, yes..I sent it from your website, but it's fine now.. thank you for responding.

OussamaB likes this.
  22. Harokel

Harokel

For example. I have a collectible item for a quest that works well, but if I add a particle emitter (prefab) as children, the object doesn´t work. But if I add it as a component (particle emitter) it works correctly.
    My problem is that I already have a lots of prefabs :-(

23. OussamaB

OussamaB

So the item that is supposed to be collected in the quest doesn't work when it has any kind of child objects? Or is it related to particle emitter objects only?

24. Harokel

Harokel

Yes, it happens when it has any kind of child objects. No matter whatever.

25. OussamaB

OussamaB

This is weird, I can't reproduce that problem here. Could you import S-Quest into another Unity project then see if this problem still occurs?

26. Harokel

Harokel

I have implemented another project and I have to configure S-Quest. When I do this, I will comment you.

Could there be any particular type of child that would interfere?

27. OussamaB

OussamaB

I don't think so. Let's see of it's related to the prefabs of your own project or not and we can start resolving the problem from there.

28. Harokel

Harokel

Ok, I understand.

I'm already doing tests with prefbas. I have started to mounting a new prefab character (NPC) which have introduced S-Quest and S-Inventory (this is very well, congratulations), and after adding an object reward, I get this error. Can it be related?
    The bug started to fail the description of the second active quest.

29. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'm sorry but I can't see the image, it's too small.

30. Harokel

Harokel

Edit: Incidentally, in the crafting window if I regret having spent a component of the recipe, I can not take her back to the inventory window. Is this the case or is that I have not configured correctly?

Sorry :p

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  31. Fren2y

Fren2y

And i find in ObjectiveBarUI.cs "FindObjectsOfType(typeof(QuestC)) as QuestC[]" in Update not good idea=) . I testing in profiler and this using 50% my project resourses.
    I rewrote this part in their own way and it almost does not load processes and works well in the editor, if necessary, I will write to you on your way to e-mail.
    But after build on Android quest windows don't show.
    I found this window but dont know why on mobile 1920x1080, quest window move outside screen.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  32. OussamaB

OussamaB

I don't get what you exactly mean here. Do you mean that you can't take a crafted object to the inventory panel? If it's that, then there's a "Take" button in the crafting panel that allows to do that. You can't drag the craft result item to the inventory.

As for this error, I can't see how it's related to adding a reward item for the quest as you stated in one of your replies. Have you made any code modification? I also want to take a look over TeamViewer or Skype because till this point the whole issue is not clear.

33. OussamaB

OussamaB

Hello there, I'd love if you could drop me the code modification in an e-mail. Anything to improve the performance.

Make sure that all the UI panels have center & middle as anchor presets and then choose their starting positions from their correspondent UI scripts.

34. Harokel

Harokel

I can´t do this

The second error.
    I have only changed the strings to translate from English to Spanish.
    Do you want to meet tonight on Skype?

Thanks!

35. OussamaB

OussamaB

You can simply double click on that item to move it back to the inventory panel. Dragging and dropping the item from the crafting window to the inventory will be added in the next update.
    I'm available on Skype from now till 4-5 hours later today. PM me your Skype info.

36. Harokel

Harokel

Ok, perfect! Do you have in mind make some types kinds of recipes? Like to cook, assembly or peltry?

P.D: Tomorrow at 16.00h?

37. OussamaB

OussamaB

Tomorrow at 15.00 would be good.

38. Harokel

Harokel

Ok!

39. Harokel

Harokel

Thank you very much for your help!!!

I will share with us a little video with S-Quest (and S-Inventory) implemented and operational (the error is already solved)
    (Is in Spanish but you can see it with subtitles)

40. OussamaB

OussamaB

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to see what's being created with S-Quest or S-Inventory. Good luck on your project!

41. Harokel

Harokel

Hello Suomi,

I´m trying to create a quest (collection type), in which you have to kill a wolf and bring the skull to the NPC.
    I use "instantiate" to create the skull, but S-Quest seems to not recognize (as a item) this "skull(Clone)" gameobject who has been created.
    Any idea for this problem?

Thank you!

42. Fren2y

Fren2y

Hello again
    You are not willing to respond to e-mails so I'll write here.
    I want to implement a mapping is an active quest(!) - quest received (gray?) - can finish quest (?).
    But I do not understand where QuestC get the job done and that it can deliver. now so
    if (!QuestActive)
    {
    can get quest (!)
    }
    else if (QuestActive)
    {
    quest received (gray?)
    }
    else if (QuestFinished) // why push off to see that the quest can be taken
    {

}
    else
    {
    don't have any quests
    }

sorry for bad english.

43. OussamaB

OussamaB

Sorry for the very late reply. I was really busy this week with school-related stuff.
    After you instantiate the item to collect, you should add the "CollectableItem" script which will allow S-Quest to identify the object as an item to be collected in quests. Then input the item name exactly like in the quest objective. Here's an example:

Code (csharp):
    2. GameObject Skull = Instantiate(SkullPrefab, SKULL_OBJ_POSITION, SKULL_OBJ_ROTATION) as GameObject;
    3. Skull.AddComponent(typeof(CollectionItem)) as CollectionItem;
    4. Skull.GetComponent<CollectionItem>().Name = "Skull";

44. OussamaB

OussamaB

Sorry for the late reply as well. I was really busy this week with school-related stuff.

Here's how you can detect the quest states inside the "QuestC" script.

Code (csharp):
    2. //This code must be in the "QuestC" script:
    3. if (QuestActive)
    4. {
    5.     //This quest is currently active for the player.
    6.     if(ReturningToGiver == true)
    7.     {
    8.         //This means that the quest is active, the player has finished all the objectives but needs to go back to the quest giver.
    9.     }
    10. }
    11. else if (QuestFinished)
    12. {
    13.    //This means that the quest is finished.
    14. }
    15. else
    16. {
    17.     //Quest is not active nor finished.
    18.     if(IsAvailable == true)
    19.     {
    20.        // Quest is available to take.
    21.     }
    22.     else
    23.     {
    24.        //Quest is not available.
    25.     }
    26. }

45. Harokel

Harokel

Don't worry. Everyone is always very busy :p

Where should I introduce this kind of code? If I do it in the script where the skull is generated, it gives me an error related to "as". (error CS0201: Only assignment, call, increment, decrement, and new object expressions can be used as a statement).
    The item have attached the "CollectionItem" script.

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  46. OussamaB

OussamaB

I guess you put the code when the enemy is dead and you want to drop the skull object. To fix the error, just use this instead:
    Code (csharp):
    2. Skull.AddComponent<CollectionItem>();
    3. Skull.GetComponent<CollectionItem>().Name = "Skull";
    Does the skull prefab have the "CollectionItem" script by default? If yes then you can remove this line "Skull.AddComponent<CollectionItem>();".

47. Harokel

Harokel

Yes, the Skull has the "CollectionItem" script. But neither works :-(

48. OussamaB

OussamaB

Is it throwing the same error? Also check that the item to collect is called "Skull" in that quest.

49. uuv

uuv

Hi!
    I tried contacting you through your websites contact form but just read that it isn't working properly..!

I'm facing a problem with multiple quests being in the scene at the same time. Even though I have every quest with a different code, if I add more than 1 quest to the scene to different quest givers, when I walk next to a quest giver and press Q to open the quest panel, I don't get the quest from the NPC I'm standing next to.

Instead I'm getting the quest

It seems that if the quests have the same order, it causes problems.

How

50. OussamaB

OussamaB

Which quest are you getting instead of the one that the NPC has?