Search Unity

S-Quest: quest/mission builder

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OussamaB, Jan 17, 2014.

1. HelixU4

HelixU4

Dont know if it's a bug or what but the "Return To Quest Giver" checkbox does not work. It auto completes quest even when it is ticked.

EDIT:

Also as a owner of both S-Inventory and the S-Quest system it would be a neat feature to be able to use inventory items as a part of the collect quest.

Say I have a quest to pick 6 apples, but the apples also have an item.cs because it is an item. But also a part of the collection quest.

EDIT2:

Sorry for all the edits.

In the QuestManager where you can specify what sound to play when the player accept quest etc also does not work, it keeps playing the stock sounds.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. OussamaB

OussamaB

Returning to the quest giver is working here. Please check if that option remains enabled in the quest inspector after you start the game because when you link the quest giver to a prefab it keeps getting all the values from the prefab when you start the game. Therefore, you need to apply any changes to the prefab. This also applies to the Quest Manager audio clips problem.

As for picking up S-Inventory items as a S-Quest objective, you can copy the collection script and paste it in the "OnPlayerPickupItem" event in the S-Inventory custom events.

3. HelixU4

HelixU4

I got the Audio clips working. But I still having the issue with the Return to quest giver. Paused in game and checked the quest inspector and the checkbox is checked, but still it auto completes.

EDIT:

I got it working somehow.
    When I complete a quest, I hear the complete quest clip and gain some xp, but the quest log is empty, but when I return to the quest giver I can click finish quest and gain additional xp and I hear the complete quest again.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  4. Rage1789

Rage1789

Hello
    S - quest seem really good, I acquired it yesterday with S - inventory.
    But I really don't understand some little things and my first step are really bad with it:
    I've got trouble to keep attach the "Main player object" in the quest manager script (attached itself on the player game object). I can drag and drop the player, but each time I test the game, the "main player object' desapear and the console says "the variable player of questmanager has not be assigned". And when I come back in the inspector the "Main player object" say "NONE (game object).
    I spend hours try to make my first little quest (as the demo because its work fine), but nothing work in my scene... The "Main player Object" won't stay !
    Could you help me please ?
    (I work with win7 and Unity 5)
    EDIT: I solve this first problem. In fact, I delete the QuestManager script and add a new clear one and the Main player object stay attached.

But there is still no interaction when I left click on the quest giver, nothing happen ! Haaarg...
    I fill all the "Quest" script attached to the quest giver and all the thing said in the tutorial.
    Why ? Why ? why ?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  5. HelixU4

HelixU4

Had the same issue, its because the S-Quest is prefabed and will keep the default settings, you need to hit the "apply" button on the top but the best is to save the prefab you dragged and dropped onto your scene as its own prefab, so you always have the default one as well.

OussamaB likes this.
  6. OussamaB

OussamaB

I will fix that, thanks for reporting this bug.

7. OussamaB

OussamaB

Does the quest giver object has a collider attached to it?

I fixed the "return to quest giver" bug, PM me your e-mail and invoice number and I'll send you the fix which will be available in the next update.

EDIT: The bug fix has been uploaded and will be available in the asset store soon.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  8. Rage1789

Rage1789

It has a mesh collider, my quest giver was a box at first, I've made it simple to start and test.
    when I try to import your "tutorial" NPC in my scene, it work well with my personal quest (so it's not a problem with my Player I guess) but not on my NPC or object I created.
    So then, I tried with a "fuse" NPC I've created, giving him the same attribute than your "Tutorial" NPC of the demo, but he still don't have any interaction with the player... I tried to apply some Quest script on many other things to test and the only one that works well is on the prefab "Ethan" (third person controler) include in Unity 5. With him, no problem...
    I think I miss something and really don't know what.
    Thanks for your patience, I'm new with all of that, and more of that, I'm french so forgive my poor english language.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  9. Rage1789

Rage1789

Thank you for responding. I'll do that.

10. OussamaB

OussamaB

This is really weird, can you take a screenshot of the quest giver inspector?
    Just to check it's not a UI issue, Can you check if the rest of the menus work? When you click on the quest log key, does it show up?

11. Quanny

Quanny

Found something unusual, and i was able to replicate it (this is not related to what is going on in previous posts)

When there is multiple quests on a single quest giver, and lets say there is reward XP both the first and second quests, it gives the XP, however it doesnt show it in the quest UI

Same thing goes when lets say you have 2 quest givers, the first one takes you to the second one, when you go to complete the "go to next quest giver" quest at the second quest giver, it shows the reward inventory ITEM that is for the following quest at that quest giver.

Upon further digging, i think the problem lies somewhere in QuestUIManager, i did some digging with debug tests and ActiveQuest is not showing the correct active quest at that time.

Hope this helps :)

12. Quanny

Quanny

So after some deep sifting through the code, i found out that the issue is that because of multiple QuestC's, all the reward info (Text and Item) bleed through from every single QuestC causing ActiveQuest.Item to be updated by every single QuestC no matter if IsAvailable was true or not

I implemented a fix for it, what i did was i created a second variable to contain Item as a buffer in QuestC, then made it so that when it was setting IsAvailable to true, i got it to copy the original Item variable to the buffer variable, otherwise the buffer variable was null if it was false. I then referenced the buffer variable in QuestUIManager, along with some other custom code to include my custom inventory system.

This fixed the Item bleed through but still didnt fix the showing of experience text, what was going on there was in QuestUIManager, there is a function called SetQuestReward(), near the end is a simple "else" i updated it to an "else if" and to check for if RewardPlayer was false, and if QuestFinished was false, basically duplicated the previous if statement but checked for false on RewardPlayer.

Hope this is helpful, great product :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    twobob likes this.
  13. Rage1789

Rage1789

upload_2015-4-12_11-59-29.png
    The quest show up as I add the mesh collider of the quest giver (the cat). That's fine. But nothing still happen when I want to click to accept the quest.

14. Rage1789

Rage1789

upload_2015-4-12_12-18-9.png
    upload_2015-4-12_12-18-45.png
    Anything wrong with my buttons ? they all can't be press...
    No highlight too when I pass over the "accept quest" button or any others
    And what's wrong with the S-Inventory ? I never use it and still have 999+ error in the console...

15. OussamaB

OussamaB

I've asked you to add a collider to the quest giver object but you've said it didn't work in your last reply, mind to tell me what were you doing wrong please? So I can make it easier to solve future users' problems.

If the button isn't highlighted when you pass the mouse over it, then there's something blocking it. Do you have another Canvas in your scene? If it's the S-Inventory one, you can merge them together by moving all the UI objects from one to another.
    For the S-Inventory error, make sure you have assigned the Player game object to the Inventory Manager. Because the Item Group gets your player's position info from the Inventory Manager script.

16. OussamaB

OussamaB

Thank you a lot for this detailed explanation of the bug, this is really helpful. The fix will be available as soon as possible.

17. Rage1789

Rage1789

If fact with my players in third person view (fuse perso), it didn't work. When I put the quest UI and the Quest manager on a standart fisrt person view, it work. That's why even with the collider with the fuse player, nothing happen. When I remade a new test scene with first person view, it work.

I have only one Canvas in the scene, and for simplify things I delete s-inventory. I'll import it back later when I'll be able to make a quest. Nothing change and the quest panel didn't respond to any click...

Attached Files:

18. Quanny

Quanny

The reason you are having issues is because your missing a collider, it is required for any/all clickable mouse events. From all your screenshots, none of your quest givers have one.

collider.png

OussamaB likes this.
  19. OussamaB

OussamaB

Create a new button and see if it works so I can know the source of the buttons not responding. Also, can you dag and drop UI panels?

20. Rage1789

Rage1789

I'll try to create new button to see if it's work but for now, the UI panels are not movable ingame, it's like they just appear but are not clickable or movable... Maybe I lose one component ?

21. Rage1789

Rage1789

Thanks for your answer. You're right, I added mesh colider to the cat (just a test) and the quest appear, but the UI still not clickable. I'll try add a colider to the panel too to test.

22. OussamaB

OussamaB

Adding a collider to the panel won't make it work. There's something blocking the canvas. I just want to make sure of that by checking if a new button that you've created works or not.

23. OussamaB

OussamaB

I have added a new custom event that is called every time the player completes an objective. This event will allow you to get the quest code, quest order, objective ID and whether it's the last objective in that quest or not (using a bool). This feature, along with few others, will be available in the next update.

Quanny likes this.
  24. OussamaB

OussamaB

I have decided to create a conversation system for S-Quest where you will be able to have conversations with the quest givers at the beginning of the quest, between completing objectives and at the end. Or simply, have conversations with NPCs without assigning quests. Any suggestions/ideas for the conversation feature?

25. kvnchua

kvnchua

does this quest system uses the event system that is new to unity 4.6?

26. OussamaB

OussamaB

Event system? If you mean the one that works with the 4.6 UI, then yes.

kvnchua likes this.
  27. Quanny

Quanny

As requested, here's an update on the game i am working on (Heroes of Northwood)
    (Using a heavily modified version of S-Quest)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    OussamaB likes this.
  28. OussamaB

OussamaB

This is looking awesome. Mind telling me what has been modified so that I can maybe add/modify it in future updates?

29. Quanny

Quanny

Converted it so its using NGUI instead of the internal Unity GUI system, and adapted quest icon notification markers, so that you can tell if there is a quest available, or got a quest and not done, or completed quest on each character, mostly

30. OussamaB

OussamaB

The quest notification markers seems like a good thing to add, thank you.

SAOTA likes this.
  31. Quanny

Quanny

Your welcome :)

OussamaB likes this.
  32. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'm currently working on the next update which will allow you to continue progressing in active quests when switching scenes. Only item collection and elimination objectives can be achieved in scenes except the one where the quest giver is. As for the other objective types and going back to the quest giver when the quest has been completed, the player won't be able to complete them unless he's in the scene that includes the quest giver. You will not have to configure it anything for this feature.

33. OussamaB

OussamaB

Just finished working on the new feature that will allow you to continue quests even if the quest giver isn't in the scene. I'm handing the update to a S-Quest user so that we can make sure everything is working.
    The update will be available in the asset store pretty soon.

34. OussamaB

OussamaB

I've been working on improving the UI, here's how it will look in the next update:

Quanny likes this.
  35. OussamaB

OussamaB

36. OussamaB

OussamaB

S-Quest version 1.08 is now available on the asset store, changes:

- Multi-scene quest progress support (You can continue progressing in active quests even when the quest giver is not in the scene).
    - New UI design.

37. Harokel

Harokel

Hello Suomi!
    First of all, sorry for my bad english :S
    I've been three times the implementation of squest and I get a rare bug. When I click on a npc, A appears the window of the mission (log panel) just one second and then disappears. not remain open. Do you know that the problem?
    Thank You!

38. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'm not sure about this one. Does this happen in the demo scene or in your one of your project's scenes? And have you modified anything in the asset?

39. Harokel

Harokel

In one of my project's scenes. I havent changed anything. I followed all instructions of your website. I use Unity versión 5.

40. OussamaB

OussamaB

So in the demo scene, this problem doesn't occur?

41. Harokel

Harokel

Yes, this problem doesnt occur in the demo scene.

42. OussamaB

OussamaB

So there might be an issue in the way you set it up in your own scene. When you click on a quest giver, does both the quest panel and quest log open then the quest log disappears? Or does the quest log only appears and disappears quickly? Also make sure that the quest log panel isn't a child object of the quest panel.

And can I see at your projects scene over Skype or Teamviewer? It's hard for me to determine the reason of this problem without taking a look.

43. Harokel

Harokel

The quest log appear and disappear quickly.
    The quest log panel isn't a child of The quest panel.
    But due to your suggestion I realized that the generic canvas Of mi own interface was placed inside de SQuest canvas.

Thank you ver y much for your help and Kindness XDDDD

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  44. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'll PM you my Skype ID.

EDIT: Oh okay, glad you fixed the problem!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  45. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Hi, is the source code available when you buy the asset?

46. OussamaB

OussamaB

Of course it is.

47. sirwesner

sirwesner

Will this work in a 2d game?

48. OussamaB

OussamaB

Yes, it works with both 2D and 3D.

49. sirwesner

sirwesner

Thanks for the quick reply, Im going to buy it now and check it out!

50. OussamaB

OussamaB

Don't hesitate to contact me for any questions or suggestions!