Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Run (WIP) fps horror

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Goregaming, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Kranox21

Kranox21

We currently got three people working on this at the moment. We are working hard, and we are excited to release this game to you guys hopefully in the future.

2. Goregaming

Goregaming

Thank you very much for your support.

3. nikay

nikay

Hey guys,

really like the idea of the game, but there are some things that confuse me (hope this may help you :p):

- Ok, so there will be situations, the user has to run away from something, but on the other hand you want to implement weapons. In my opinion, the possibility to kill the "thing" that wants to kill YOU takes some of the thrill of the game, no matter how many jumpscares/monsters/etc there are. Example: the game "Outlast"...yes, stunning graphics, some shocking moments, frightening situations and so on...but if you know that there are monsters that won't one-hit you to death, you are simply not afraid anymore (That's at least what i felt when playing this game). Don't give the player to much freedom...when he can run/kill/hide and so, how will you accomlish to make your game really frightening? Just a suggestion, because I personaly get bored of many horror games after a couple of hours playing them. IDEA: The player starts without a weapon, find one later in the game and loses it permanently later on through a jumpscare or something like that! :p

- I personaly don't like the title "Run". It is kind of misleading. Furthermore, from sales view, I don't think a word like "Run" is a good title when it comes to advertising (especially on the internet). Don't be offended, but if I would see a game with the title "Run" I would never ever buy it just because it delivers nothing to me (nothing story related or catchy)

Please take this as advices, it is my personal point of view. Check out my idea, even if there is not much to see right now and tell me what you think about it :p

4. Goregaming

Goregaming

Sir, I agree. "Run" is not a very good title,but it does link to the story because, in the story you escape your fate by running. I see your point though. The game still is in early development. All the improvments you suggested will be taken on board, thanks.

5. Theunitycritic

Theunitycritic

This does seem to interest me. I have a few questions . When will you release a beta version, is this game going to be commercial or free?. The story is very original. I can't wait to here about this project

6. Kranox21

Kranox21

@Theunitycritic This will be a free game, we have no plans for beta version yet still a very early development. Thank you for your interest in "Run" hope you stick around for our updates.

Have a nice day :)

7. Goregaming

Goregaming

Actually we are still deciding weather the game will be commercial or not,Follow Goregaming on twitter if you wish to keep in touch ( @Goregaming123)

8. nikos667

nikos667

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  9. Goregaming

Goregaming

Well done.

10. Ethaninja

Ethaninja

On that note, you would probably be best leaving out a story for the time being. OR, get someone to write up a Narrative Treatment to make it fit in. Nothing can seem more jarring to people (even subconsciously) than a story that was just sort of... written out on the spot, if you know what I mean ;) Have a look at Christoph Vogler's Hero's Journey, and the 3-Act-Structure. Every great story needs some form of structure ;)

And if you look at ANY famous movie or video game story, you will see the familiarity especially with the two aforementioned titles.

11. Goregaming

Goregaming

Hello There,

The story was solidified, we are staying with the current story. No need to worry. Thanks for the heads up your input and interest is very much appreciated.

12. pk_Holzbaum

pk_Holzbaum

Even without being a modeller, you should be able to see what is wrong with this model. A little hint: the drawers ;)

13. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

A lot of wasted space, I think you guys need to make the draws taller so they can fit more clothes in.

14. nikos667

nikos667

Every wrong model will be improved in future updates don't worry!

15. nikos667

nikos667

$bed_03 copy.jpg
    $bed_03 copy.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Kranox21

Kranox21

Here is a little sneak peek part of our new level we been working on.

$Bedroom.jpg

$Parlor.jpg

$Tea_Room.jpg

Please keep in mind that the models are still a work in progress, and our modeler is doing a great job. We are working hard and excited to show you more content in the future.

Have a nice day :)

17. Kranox21

Kranox21

We are going to have a new small video update very soon. In the mean time while we wait I've made some concept arts for some of the areas of the mansion to just give an idea for the levels we might be working on.

View attachment 82142

$3rd floor hallway.jpg

$Foyer (Consept).jpg

Any feedback good or bad about the concepts be appreciated, I could use some advice :)

Have a nice day

18. Ethaninja

Ethaninja

I am not quite sure what is happening in a lot of the level concept drawings. I can't tell what's a floor and what are walls?
    The hallways ummm...
    But, lot of potential, good to see things happening and progress being made. Progress is progress right?

19. Goregaming

Goregaming

20. KineticIons

KineticIons

These concepts would benefit from some traditional foundation knowledge and understanding. Put effort in the focus on perspective and visual communication. The set's designs will improve in feasibility and quality with good fundamental skills. Nice visual idea perception, conveying mood and narrative in the use of gestural drawings to articulate a story, nice. Keep at it guys, the project is coming along great. Also Michael, if you need any assistance with designs for environments, props, creatures or characters, let me know man. My services are no longer required for Martania and I am okay with toggling genres as a concept artist. Best wishes mate.

21. KineticIons

KineticIons

I really like the attic concept you did. I like the psychological nuance of ritualism and sacrifice that is suggested with the noose and the circle below it. As I said before, practice the foundation basics such as perspective, composition and visual communication. Drawing from life is a good practice, but the trick is to understand what you are drawing and learn how it works. Derive the compositions of how things are put together to understand how to reproduce them in 3 dimensional space. Keep practicing and work daily if you can. Knowledge skill and experience are the criteria for being successful as an artist. Experiential mileage will take you there if you keep at it.