Search Unity

Roles are cool, but...

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Malicjusz, May 9, 2017.

1. Malicjusz

Malicjusz

We need roles to work as excluders instead of requirement. For example, I'm interested in both educator and programmer jobs, but I'm not interested in artist jobs. I'd just want to exclude all artist roles instead of clicking on interesting roles one-by-one. It also looks like that jobs untagged with a role get filtered out if you choose one, which pretty much means all jobs are filtered out.

Also, we need a filter field with payment type, as in tasks, with the option to exclude rev share rev share.

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Malicjusz,

Thanks for the feedback on roles. Our intention was not to make it harder to find jobs - so we'll try to iterate quickly on your feedback to make it as easy as possible to find what you're looking for.

We don't officially support rev share as an option when creating a task. We'll look into it so that we can exclude it.

Thanks for using Connect and keep the feedback coming!

3. Malicjusz

Malicjusz

Thank you for your reply!

Just a small clarification, because I'm not sure I made myself clear - I'd like to be able to filter by payment options on all types of jobs, not only tasks. I'd see them as hourly, fixed price, rev-share/partnership It's just that I sometimes find myself reading through a lenghty job post only to read at the end, that they can't pay and offer rev share. I'm not interested in those offers. Even worse, I once applied for a job I didn't notice was rev-share paid...