Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Closed] Restore Purchases on iOS not bringing up login dialog

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by User340, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User340

User340

Is anyone else noticing that when restoring purchases that the prompt for username/password does not come up anymore? Is this new to iOS 10? Are we supposed to create our own dialog?

2. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

I haven't noticed. To be honest I haven't tried that feature for a while. But I would definitely say that you should not create your own dialog! Where would you feed the username and password to anyway? :p

Is it possible that you have logged in within the last 15 minutes and so iTunes just let's you continue without prompting for a password?

3. User340

User340

I meant a dialog that simply says "Restore success" or "Restore failed". Because right now you press Restore Purchases and nothing happens. Apple doesn't show any confirmation popups or anything which seems to tell me that we need to show something.

Even if I did log in within the last 15 minutes, there still should be at least a confirmation dialog. Right now the button feels dead, like it's not doing anything.

4. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Oh, sorry, i misunderstood. Yeah, I don't believe there ever was a popup on completing the restoration process. At least I don't remember one. If you feel like your app needs it then yes maybe you should. Have you looked in the apple guidelines to see if they mention anything about if you should or shouldn't? If there is no mention of it then I guess it's completely up to you and what you think is best for your app.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  5. User340

User340

Historically, there was always a popup brought up by apple which had users enter their username and password. Now it seems things have changed in the recent months.

6. fazhom

fazhom

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem:

- I bought my full game, no pb (sign in, confirm payment, all good)
    - uninstall/re-install, restore, no popup (just a little message I coded to make sure process was completed) but purchase was correctly restored, so, no pb here either. I think I was still signed in to itunes store so it makes sense that I had no popup

Then...
    - change game version because of update
    - install
    - restore: my message appears, but, since I'm not signed in to itunes store, no purchases are actually detected
    - If I click buy, I have the sign in popup
    - once I sign in via this popup, I can restore

The thing is: hitting the restore purchase button should bring the sign in to itunes store popup but it doesn't. Is ther a way to force the popup or something?

7. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@_Daniel_, @fazhom

Yeah, that is not expected behavior.

On Which version of iOS are you seeing this behavior?

Which version of Unity and the IAP plugin are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.