Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Resonant Blade - AI WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MethodByMadness, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MethodByMadness

MethodByMadness

Taking time to get AI moving forward. Wearing so many hats at once. Ermagard :).

If anyone has articles about AI for games like this I always enjoy reading new material.

If you haven't followed us on twitter we'd love to see you over there: https://twitter.com/MethodByMadness

Peace.

2. MethodByMadness

MethodByMadness

NOOOOOOO!!!!

Rin-Dev likes this.
  3. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

That last video made me legitimately laugh out loud. Also I just wanted to say I really like the design of the player. I have a very unnatural love for cloaks.

4. MethodByMadness

MethodByMadness

Yeah I was checking to see how it would be if I made him go berserk attacking you and this is what happened. The animator and I were on a call and were dying laughing. I had to share.

Rin-Dev likes this.
  5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I've not set up a side scrolling controller ever before, but to me all the movements in the first video posted look a bit floaty. I was going to say all the movement except the regular walk and turn, but even those look floaty.

I can't give definitive suggestions on how to fix. Possibly reduce the keyframes of all the animations, or speed them up. I.E. If the walking animation is 30 animation frames, consider reducing to 20 or maybe even 15.
    Lighting and models look nice and clean.

6. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

I thought it kinda fit the character

7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Maybe :)
    Not saying floaty is bad of course, some games are developed with a float type controller in mind, but probably will need to be tested with players/testers who aren't front loaded with questions about the 'controls' of the character.

Rin-Dev likes this.
  8. StormHerald

StormHerald

RIght off the bat I would say this is a game I would play for hours if it had enough content. love the art style too. will definitely come back to check on this!

I think there's not much to criticize about the AI simply because we don't know what it's supposed to be yet. but as of now, it seems to be alright.

I would agree, but it depends on the game itself. the animations (with a bit of polishing) in the first video would suffice if the game was a bit fast paced and hack and slash-y type. but if it were to be more like the souls series where each movement must be well though of I would say that it needs to be a bit heavier and maybe even slower.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  9. MethodByMadness

MethodByMadness

Hey folks, I hadn't checked this in a bit, loving the feedback. I'll direct the animator to check the comments here so he can weigh in on the concerns, I'd never necessarily noticed a "floatiness" but I think I know what you mean and I can see what you're getting at.

@theANMATOR2b you followed us on Twitter yeah? The name looks the same as one I noticed there, if so, thanks a bunch.

@StormHerald The first game is a scaled back version of our long term plans. The long term vision is for a story and content driven experience but it's a huge endeavor for a 3 man crew, so first of all we're doing an arena experience which is all about chaotic action. We're aiming for features that give it a great feeling again and again with a good progression scheme which makes each play through feel meaningful. Trying to create that exciting drive to do better the next go around.

Anyway, mainly just wanted to say thanks for checking out our work and bothering to give us your thoughts, we love hearing from people so you guys are great. Cheers.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  10. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Duplicate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.