Search Unity

[Request] VR Environments

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ferrisuk, Mar 23, 2017.

1. ferrisuk

ferrisuk

Hi guys, new unity user / poster here, so let me know if this is posted in the wrong section or anything!

I won't ramble too much but basically I'm studying a music technology course at university and for my final project have embarked upon creating a VR experience (for Samsung's GearVR) with totally immersive 3D Audio. I plan to integrate Unity and Wwise to achieve this, and am currently in the process of learning both pieces of software. My main concern is not having the skillset within Unity to create a convincing simulation, and while my project will focus on the sound, the visual side is obviously something that will aid the experience. My tutor has suggested asking around on the community for anyone who may have any VR environments laying around, or anyone who is able to create one in a fairly short space of time. When I talk about environments, I'm referring to actual real world environments. For example, I planned to create a rainforest space, a seaside space and maybe a restaurant or some other interesting sounding space.

Obviously this sounds a bit like a charity case, but my tutor and I decided it would be best to see if anyone is up for a bit of fun in the Unity forums before going ahead and spending a lot of time stressing to learn Unity in about 6 weeks lol

Cheers!

2. Selzier

Selzier