Search Unity

[RELEASED] VR Panorama - render 360 stereo videos

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by olix4242, Jun 25, 2015.

?

What would you like to see added in a future version of VR Panorama?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2016.
  1. Audio Capture Support

40.4%
  2. Side By Side Stereo rendering

28.8%
  3. Automatic 360 panorama metatagging for Youtube H.264 Video Export

30.8%
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello,

i have 2 issues with the VR-Panorama-Renderer.

First, i get strange Results (see attached picture).

The Moon rendered not correctly. I played with the Environment-Distance-Value, but not helped.

Second is the ambisonic-Audio-Capture. The Result i get is half long (scene 10 seconds, wave-data 5 seconds) but pitched up. The Audio is set to Quad.

I use Unity 5.6.03

What can i do?

Attached Files:

2. olix4242

olix4242

In this case, a solution was found in private messaging. Mail problem was that a camera wasn't scaled correctly. For audio, it was a problem of output configuration. Solved.

3. TheFlyvio

TheFlyvio

Hi OliVR

I am capturing a still panorama in a scene where I have a quad with a Uchromakey image from a webcam, and this quad appears black in the snapshot - all the screen is being captured BUT that quad.
    The images represent a printscreen before the capture and the capture itself (reduced so it could be uploaded)

Any ideas?
    Capturar.PNG img51408636357577758932126Screenshot-reduced.jpg

4. olix4242

olix4242

Hi,
    I dont have a Uchroma key pack, so I can't try it out. This could probably happen for two reasons:
    -I cann assume that Uchroma key with live webcam doesn't work correctly with Unity Timescale? This means that some of the scripts break webcamera or video support. This is a less probable case, and you can check if this is your case by switching VRPanorama to RT mode. If it works in RT mode, then go to a second possible case.

-Uchroma uses some type of compositing (overlying) with adittional cameras, and scripts that have to know what camera gets rendered in unity (does it have a field where to specify a rendering camera?)and for some reason doesn't get all cameras in a scene? In this case, without using Uchroma it's impossible to give you a solution and you should contact a developer of that plugin to give you a solution for supporting multiple cameras.

-Third possibility: you are using a webcamera/videoplayer script that is attached to a camera. As VRPanorama internaly duplicates a main camera and then renders from multiple cameras, it is possible that you and up with many scripts that call a same webcam/video and this breaks things (restarts with black image). You should move a webcam/video script out of a camera hierarchy so that it starts at the scene start and doesnt reinitialize when you do a capture.
    Hope this helps,
    Oliver

5. TheFlyvio

TheFlyvio

Hello OliVR

Your third possibility was the solution: uchormakey was in the same camera as the VRPAnorama.

Thanks

olix4242 likes this.
  6. GamerPET

GamerPET

Hello guys!
    I havn't used VR Panorama since 1 year ago... I'm super happy that it still improved!
    I'm playing a bit with it and on my first try I see it like this. What's wrong? My camera has no effects.

Thank You!!

7. liero116

liero116

I have an issue while using the Timeline editor built into Unity 2017. When playing the scene without capturing, my animations look fine, but when doing a video capture, animations are off considerably. The feet shuffle around, extra parts within the rig leave the body completely, and other odd glitches here and there happen. Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

EDIT: Actually it happens with or without using the Unity Timeline thing. I just disabled it to make sure.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Good Mornig,

i have a litte issue with the ambisonic.
    After capture i get a ambisonic-wave but it doesnt works like expected.
    The Sound doesnt move with the head.
    The Spatial-Blend of the Audio-Source is set to 3D.
    Operation-System and Unity-Audio ist set to Quad.

I use a Gear VR and Unity 5.6.1

9. olix4242

olix4242

How do you animate your camera? It is probably that you have some scripts that modify camera transform - and this leads to incorrect camera orientations. In cases when using scripts to move or rotate camera, you should create a empty gameobjcet, animate that object, and attach a camera to it as a child object. VR Panorama duplicates camera and all scripts attached to it, so it probably duplicates also a cameera transformation script.

10. olix4242

olix4242

Are you using mixamo rigs? I had similar issue with some characters rigged in mixamo - but I can't remember exactly how I solved them. As far as I remember, a solution was something non related to VRPanorama... something like setting animation culling in animator component to Always Animate. Right now I'm away from a pc where I have that scene - I can look into it when I get that scene and let you know. If Always animate works, let me know.

11. olix4242

olix4242

Last timewhen I checked 360 player on GearVR (default one) didn't support ambisonics. Ambisonics format in VR Panorama is the one to be used with Youtube. But right now, it seems that a new player supports it - but it probably doesn't recognize it. Right now I can't check it out as I don't have gear with me. You can look here and see if commands for FFMPEG can solve your issue?
    https://samsungvr.com/portal/content/content_specs

12. GamerPET

GamerPET

Hey Oli,

good find! This is the first time I was animating the camera like this so this is why this problem arrised.
    I was animating the camera using Curvy. I have a spline made with Curvy & I'm animating the camera using the "Spline Controller" script.

I did as you said. Made a GameObject with that Controller... and made the camera a child of that GameObject. Everything is fine now!

Thank You!

13. vjyourself

vjyourself

So I wrote a week ago, about ure plugin repetadly freezing my computer at still image capture ( video capture is totally fine) No reaction so far at all, meanwhile you keen on answering many other people wrote after me... really pure support, I'm disappointed with ur attitude. ... Anyway here is a screenshot how ur plugin flooding my console with warnings, non-stop, even after stopping the game ... this is an other problem happening in the same time upload_2017-7-18_20-30-52.png

14. olix4242

olix4242

Sorry about that. Somehow I've missed your message (as it was a last message on a page and I have received one notification on new messages - while there were actually two messages. It wasn't an intentional ignoring ;)

I have no idea what this could be. Does this happen even in a fresh empty project or with a specific project? I see that you are using 2017, so I'm not exluding that 2017 introduced some bugs. I will check and see what happens.

15. vjyourself

vjyourself

Thanks for your answer
    Ahh I understand now, why you didn't reply, sorry for saying u have a pure support !

It happened before 2017 version too, I just installed it yesterday, hoped it solve the problem, but this warnings coming in the same way, as I mentioned only in Still Capture mode. I thought it is maybe connected to the freeze issue ...

Thanks,
    A.

16. vjyourself

vjyourself

And an other important thing:
    it happening only with the latest version of your plugin !
    ( where u introduced the VR tracking flag)

In an other project of mine I have the previous version, and with that ( same Unity / same Machine ) the Still Capture works 100% fine ( no warnings / no freeze ).

17. olix4242

olix4242

I have checked, and from here it works fine - I'm unable to replicate this problem. So any specific info on your project would help.
    As for spam error - I was able to reproduce it and I will update VRPaanorama ASAP.
    In a meantime, you can change this few lines of code (around line number 1367) in VRCapture.cs file:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         void OnGUI()
    2.         {
    3.             GUI.DrawTexture(new Rect(0.0f, 0.0f, 300.0f, 300.0f), rt, ScaleMode.ScaleToFit, false, 0);
    4.         }
    to:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         void OnGUI()
    2.         {
    3.            if (rt !=null)
    4.             GUI.DrawTexture(new Rect(0.0f, 0.0f, 300.0f, 300.0f), rt, ScaleMode.ScaleToFit, false, 0);
    5.         }
    this should stop a spam issue.

khaled24 likes this.
  18. olix4242

olix4242

Ok, this could help.. at least I could have an idea where to look. But I'm still unable to produce this - itcould probably be due to some hardware configurations. Are you using any VR Devices?

19. vjyourself

vjyourself

Yes I use HTC Vive, but disabled it for the time of the capture.

My first thought was, maybe the spamming added up, because the freeze never happened at the first capture, but after I did more ... and the capture after a while just became really slow ... and then the computer never responded anymore...
    ( that time I was editing the scene, and was not checking the console / I just realize later, that the spamming happening)

Thanks for your help,
    A.

20. liero116

liero116

Not using mixamo actually. I've even tried always animate and it didn't really resolve the issue. I could work with the shuffling feet to a degree, but the extra parts moving around are pretty distracting. For example, the eyes are separate objects and they completely leave the head to a very noticeable degree.

21. olix4242

olix4242

You can try this one: open VRCapture.cs script, and change line 593 from:
    "void LateUpdate()"
    to
    "void OnPreRender()"

this should fix it. I'm not sure if it will break something else, but I hope it wont.
    Let me know.

22. olix4242

olix4242

It could be a problem with a garbage collector. I will look into solving this by changing some scripts.

23. liero116

liero116

Doing this instantly crashes Unity when the render starts.

24. danielchang

danielchang

Does this work if the target platform is Android and daydream?

25. olix4242

olix4242

Ok, then revert to old line. I think that I managed to understand why this happens. When you have multiple objects in a character hierarchy, check that all objects have a same Root Bone. If they don't have a same root bone, they will interpolate differently. I don't know why this happens, it's probably a some sort of scripting order inside unity that produces this bug.

26. olix4242

olix4242

Do you mean if it runs in Editor while target platform is Android, or in a builded application? In first case yes, it works. In second case - it wasn't tested and It isn't recommended. VR Panorama requires GPU performance and VRAM amount that is far greater than the one available on mobile GPU.

27. DevFernandoEstrada

DevFernandoEstrada

Hi, I have some issue with a couple of videos running with videoplayer component, if I set it FullHD the videos are fast, but in 4K they playing way too fast, how can I syncronice the speed of the videos with the resulting 360 video?

28. olix4242

olix4242

You can find a solution (with a script) that I posted here on forum few posts above. Sorry that I can't find it for you right now, but I'm writing from a phone :( I can look later when I come back to my PC.

29. olix4242

olix4242

It's a 5-th post on a page 17.

30. liero116

liero116

Wow perfect. That was it!

Thanks!

olix4242 likes this.
  31. Nemexyx-Lockheart

Nemexyx-Lockheart

imp.PNG img00082.jpg img00082.jpg imp.PNG

i got this problem my scene render but not show nothing of the scene

32. olix4242

olix4242

Hi,
    I would really need some more info, as I don't understand what is a problem - starting from a Unity version, hardware, what it should render, settings and/or anything else that would help me understand it...

33. ertanturan

ertanturan

Hello ! ,

I want to buy this asset but before buy it just want to learn something about it. I bought 3 another VR Capture asset but none of these assets worked with global fog and Volumetric light. Also , I rotated my skybox but in these assets I cant see my skybox as I rotated . Can you just try that with any kind of volumetric light and return back to me ?

Some information would be appreciated.

PC

NVIDIA 1070 GTX
    8GB VRAM

16 GB RAM
    3.6 GHZ CPU

34. olix4242

olix4242

H, I can confirm that it works with volumetric lights, one that I'm using and I have tested more is Hx Volumetric Lighting, Fog Volume and Kronnects Volumetric fog and Mist. Here is one test made with HX solution.

As for fog, it will work with a unity standard effects fog that should be used for deferred. Be aware that you have to set it as image effect, set your camera to deferred rendering, and set distance calculation to spherical (I can't recall how it was named but it had spherical in it's option).
    Only solution for some king of volumetric fog (but this one is false volumetric) that isn't fully supported is Tenkoku. This is because it's made so that it isn't able to work with multiple cameras - and because of this, some effects like fog and scattering simply can't work correctly).

35. GamerPET

GamerPET

olix4242 likes this.
  36. andyRogerKats

andyRogerKats

I am trying to send a 360 stream to youtube with VR Panorama. Has anyone tried this yet? I set the Capture Mode to "VR Panorama RT" then wasn't sure where to go from there...

37. olix4242

olix4242

Hi Andy,
    Best and fastest approach is this one:
    -Use RT module to render unwrapped panorama to your screen.
    -Set a resolution of VRPanorama to your desired stream resolution.
    -Build your project and run it fullscreen at a stream resolution.
    -Download OBS (open broadcast software). It is free and is quite powerfull. https://obsproject.com/
    -set OBS to strem your desktop and configure it for your Youtube or Facebook server.
    -set your youtube (on facebook) stream on youtube (or facebook). Be sure to enable 360 option in a stream options.
    - connect OBS to server and start your streaming.
    Thise are a main things to do, let me know if there is anything else,
    also, please let me know how it goes.

38. DeiniolOwen

DeiniolOwen

I am using this to capture Equidistant Mono images with a transparent background so they are saved as a png.

For some reason there seems to be boxes on all png images, any idea what this is?

png image:
    Room.png

jpg image:
    Room.jpg

If the images are saved as a jpg the black boxes aren't there but I need the transparency of a png image.

Any help is appreciated :)

39. GamerPET

GamerPET

I had this same problem when I was doing my article but I didn't had time to analyse it. So it might be a bug?

40. olix4242

olix4242

Hi,
    This was discusswd many timwa here in this thread (you can find my post that explains a difference between premultiplied alpha and straight alpha).
    This behaviour is expected and correct. Those lineas will appear only in image viewer or webpage. But this is a way to save correctly this file if you want to edit it qith professional video software).
    Also, if you render a video from that file, you will see that lines disappear. The same will happen if you import your png image into Unity, the simply won't be there.

41. DeiniolOwen

DeiniolOwen

After taking the image back in to unity i see the black lines turn transparent, although I don't particularly want those black lines to become transparent as it cuts in to the image.

Does this mean it is not possible to take images with alpha to then display on the web without these black lines?

42. indierocktopus

indierocktopus

What is the camera scale supposed to be? I just opened up the VRPanoramaDemoScene (No changes, and hit render)
    And I'm getting the stitch seams . . .

img00025.jpg

43. olix4242

olix4242

This happens in a default scene? Strange. It looks like something changed a FOV of your camera. Do you have any HMD device attached to your PC? It could be possible that Oculus or Vive drivers mess with a FOV. Check if you have option Disable VR tracking set to ON. Try do turn off your VR device or any VR support in your project.
    What is your unity version?

44. olix4242

olix4242

In your case I don't see what would you like to be transparent?

45. DeiniolOwen

DeiniolOwen

The images I uploaded aren't the best example of what I want to achieve, decided to upload them to clearly show the lines, below is an actual image I wish to use:

Worktop.png

As you can see it shows kitchen worktop with a transparent background, the idea is to then use this image directly in a web application without having to edit the image in another software first which is why I would like the images without the lines.

46. Peter705411

Peter705411

VR Panorama render stereo panorama
    Whether it is "http://elevr.com/cg-vr-1/" in the
    In the "Off-Axis" render method

47. indierocktopus

indierocktopus

Okay, I Pulled out Any of the other VR SDK stuff from the Unity Player Settings
    (Edit > Project Settings > Player :: Other Settings Tab: Virtual Reality Supported Checkbox)

Here's the new render: so it looks like those other SDKs can really mess up the camera parameters: Good to know

I'm on Unity 5.6.1f1

Attached Files:

olix4242 likes this.
  48. olix4242

olix4242

Hi Peter,
    This article is somewhat wrong. Not completely, buylt there are some missunderstundings. Off axis rendering is something that can be done, and there is one 360 panorama renderer (free) on assetstore that does this. This is actually scanline rendering, you have to render mostly vertical lines and rotate camera.. and repeat this 360 or 4000 times. Problem with this approach is that it is from 10 to 100 times slower than what VR panorama does. Problem is that this way also doesnt support most image effects. Problem is that it introduces spatial distortion.. problem os that there is no any technoque that can make good up or down section renderings for close object. In mine, you will get some sort of a mess, in anothers, you eill get stereoscopic mess (a sort of space warp and curvature). Also, you get a high eye strain (its absolutely incorrect what article says). Stereoscopic panoramas aren't correct and there is no perfect way of doing them. Most imlortant thing is to understand what can be done and what shouldnt be done. Probably that is why also many 360 stereo videos try to mask those areas (up and down)

49. olix4242

olix4242

Good to know. I will try to iverride this thing in some way. But it is hard while keeping compatibility with previous versions as VR implementation is constantly changing (and I was keeping updating it by finding hacks). I think that time has come to set a minimum requirement unity 5.6.

50. FS9606

FS9606

I tried to follow your instructions for the Oculus Rift camera, but it does not work.
    Should it be setup for the center eye? What is a basic setup, for Oculus Rift, to create a 360 video for youtube, please?