Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mistermind, Dec 17, 2013.

1. bamncan

bamncan

Yes, I believe the Injustice type is what might be available in 1.7 based on the release notes. I haven't experimented with anything btw.

In terms of a DOA stage transition, you technically could trigger the animations and camera movements off such a trigger box. Theoretically though, since I haven't had the experience to muck around with 1.7.

2. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Same here... I am waiting for the latest release and getting my models rigged for the game... and for animated transitions, I would have to use the cinematic tools to pull this off... I could animate the transitions in my 3d app with the movement camera, or use Cinema Director to keep all of this within Unity

3. mayhemandeggs

mayhemandeggs

Does this work with 2D skeleton-based animations from Spine2D or Spriter?

4. Mistermind

Mistermind

Alright guys, I'm beginning to release UFE 1.7 in all markets. Here is the official release post:

http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=583

Few free to use that topic regarding any question you might have about the update.

It takes a few weeks to get every version to 1.7, so make sure you guys keep an eye on that topic as packages are approved/uploaded.

Make sure to also visit our change log. Documentation is already fully updated with the new features. Just follow the links.

5. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys... I am having trouble looking at your forum so I can ask a question, so I will ask it here... I am doing my level design for my game and I want to know what things I should look out for. Such as do my levels have to be completely flat, or can I have things like small steps. What about the set up of the ground plane? I read somewhere that it has to be 0,0,0 in world space... what if I build a multilevel arena? Such as the fight starts inside, and I can spill it to the outside...

Any answers to this will be great

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. rjcook1985

rjcook1985

I've been out of the loop for over a year now, so pardon my absence on the topics.. but was UFE2D ever going to become a thing?

7. kokakee

kokakee

Yeah i want to know too. At least make puppet2d pluggin easier to work with

8. gecko

gecko

has anyone tried using UFE with quadrupeds? I've got it in mind for an animal-fighting minigame, but I don't know if it's adaptable to that.

9. akash_langhani

akash_langhani

Hi Guys, I have a serious issue my game is working on UFE 1.6V, but now i want to update it on V1.7.1 only for P2P mode but when i update it from asset store it override every thing that i have made in custom style GUI,Script,GamePlay every thing, so how to update my project without any change to get only new feature of UFE 1.7V.

10. Bombatit

Bombatit

I'm really interested in your awesome UFE and I have only 1 questions, I'm a lil confuse about "Fight groups" in Story Mode, does that mean the player can fight with more than 1 one opponent at the same time (1 vs 2)? Cos that'll be awesome! Or does "fight groups" mean you still fight with only 1 opponent (1 vs 1), you have to beat one to get to another next one in the group?

11. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I just got my hands on UFE and I want to add it to my current project... problem is, I import it to my project and it breaks one of my plugins that I do use for my project. How do I add UFE to my current project without it breaking stuff? I'm on Unity 5.3.4

12. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

@MMind Hey dude, figured I would ask you. If I'm creating a new stage for my game, will I need a config file for each one? This isn't explained and I'm fumbling in the dark.
    I'm planning on having different levels and different spawn points based on proxy collider I've placed in my levels as markers. Is this possible or do I have to physically place the start point in my 3d app? Sorry for all the questions but I don't see an option for custom spawn points... this would be useful for stages that change elevation.

Thanks a bunch.

13. akash_langhani

akash_langhani

I got issue in P2P connection when i create game on one device and put same ip address on other device it shows connecting status and then nothing happens can you give me any toturiols or guide me how to check P2P on real device for android. Please.

14. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

have you connected both devices through wifi direct or have mad sure both devices are on same wifi network...?

15. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys... I am using cInput and I am using the inputmanager for setting up Xbox 360/One controllers for my game (downloaded an inputmanager.asset for the controller) but there is no button 0 unless UFE is just referencing a name in the input manager.

Is there a quick way to set this up?

16. mqiydaar

mqiydaar

So, I'm working on one of my games, and I've tried finding ways to convert a Legacy animation into a Mecanim one. Even with video tutorials and Unity based FAQs where they have "solutions," there was no way for me to make any conversion. The one move in particular to which I'm referencing is the Shoryuken animation. How can I convert that animation into one which a Mecanim character can use?

17. CesarNascimento

CesarNascimento

Does the author still gives support to it? I'm considering buying it, but I'm scared of doing it then having no way of contacting the author for support.

18. MarcusWatson

MarcusWatson

While there's a forum here, UFE has its own forums: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/index.php - if you're looking to gauge support, feedback and activity it's worth looking at both. Upcoming features of various complexity are listed here: http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures

Mistermind likes this.
  19. SuperRobot5

SuperRobot5

HI there. Can you use any character models in UFE? for example, ones which you can buy from the Unity3d Asset store.. or are there special requirements for the models, ones which allow for more animations?

20. bamncan

bamncan

All that's required is that the character mesh has a rig to it. Where you get that character and its rig from is up to you. It's also preferred if it's a Mecanim ready character.

21. TalhaDX

TalhaDX

How to add my own character in it? Where is the documentation?

22. umair_hassan

umair_hassan

Hey, when i tried to check which function has been called in "AlternativeCharacterSelectionScreen" Menu by clicking on a player texture. I can't able to find which function is actually called. secondly I wan't to change UI into NGUI. what are the key steps I should follow up?

Attached Files:

23. Flux-Game-Studio

Flux-Game-Studio

Hello!

Link to the original thread on UFE Forum: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4329

We are facing problems related to triggers when multiple controllers (XONE or X360) are connected. We've made the triggers work on our game, but not without this issue (they work fine with just one controller).

To exemplify better the problem, when we connect ONE controller before opening the game, and then connect the second, they work correctly. But, when we connect BOTH before or after the game has started, the triggers only count as pressed when the other controller presses a trigger together. This seems to be a Windows/Unity issue, but, as I'll explain later, we've made it work OUTSIDE UFE.

We've done a wide research on the subject and discovered lots of developers with the same or almost the same issue, some with possible solutions and most of them, without any.

We've tried using cInput, with the native support of UFE, but it didn't solve anything. We've made some tests with InControl and ReWired with success outside UFE, but when we test with UFE, the controllers get scrambled (yet, the hot plugging works flawlessly).

Anyone has any idea how to work this out?

Thanks!

24. Mistermind

Mistermind

UFE 1.8 is now available!

Change Log: http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog

I've already sent all the updated packages to Unity. They should be approved throughout the following week. If I'm not mistaken Unity sends an alert to all customers when a package is updated, but just in case you can also keep an eye on the official release thread for my updates:
    http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=898

Few free to use that topic regarding any question you might have about the update.

Documentation is already fully updated with the new features. Just follow the links under the change log.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    KRGraphics likes this.
  25. Flux-Game-Studio

Flux-Game-Studio

Thanks, I'll see if this help.

26. JovanD

JovanD

Hello, im wondering is it possible to switch characters mid match at runtime?
    Some thing like tag-team match?

27. Killbix

Killbix

Mistermind and MrEsquire like this.
  28. CesarNascimento

CesarNascimento

Is there any way I can get into contact with one of the developers?

29. Mistermind

Mistermind

For frequently asked questions feel free to visit the official UFE Forums. If you can't find an answer you can also send me or one of the moderators a private message.

For more information about support check out our User Karma FAQ.

30. Mistermind

Mistermind

UFE 1.8.1 is now available in all versions and platforms. Update includes minor fixes, some forum suggestions and Control Freak 2.0 support.

Change Log: http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

Can you please collaborate with me to help me
    create wrestling moves for my game ?

32. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys... I don't know if anyone is using GI with UFE game, but if you run your game with your level prefabs and you realise your lighting is gone. Unity doesn't save Lightmaps with Prefabs anymore so it will make things very difficult to light your game...

So I hope you guys will consider an alternate method to build levels for your game...

33. XCO

XCO

Hello MMind,

Im building my own engine right now, and I was wondering if I buy the 65 $ version of your UFI can I just use the animations for my Fighting Game ? And May I ask does it come with the animations seen in this video ?

Specifically does it come with the launcher in this video, I mean I want them all lol but I really need to know if it comes with these animations/Launcher, and if I buy it, if its OK to use it with MY own Created fighting engine ?

TY very much my man :)

34. BurningHeroG

BurningHeroG

Hello all,

I would just like to know if UFE will work with purely 2D animations. I am trying to make a 2D fighter and I am using Smooth Moves for animation. I see where there is no coding necessary but I also using Playmaker for my scripting. Could UFE work with these assets and if not, would they work with other 2D animation assets and visual scripting in the asset store?

Thanks

35. Loki-Atreides

Loki-Atreides

Proelium [Sci-Fi] Fighting Game

XCO likes this.
  36. Loki-Atreides

Loki-Atreides

37. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

Can this asset be used with 2D bone animation? Also, can I use it with multi-level arenas (such as Smash) or in a platform game? eg. Castlevania Symphony of the Night (platform game with fighting moves to cast spells).

[EDIT: I found this link on integrating with 2D Unity's Platformer Demo though there is limited instruction on how to achieve this.]

Thanks for your time. I'm really hoping I don't need to code fighting and combo abilities from scratch!
    I already have platform navigation but expanding it to include local avoidance of fireballs and attacks as well as a combo system and fuzzy AI will be very time-consuming. I was hoping that for the platform game I could turn the fighting stuff on and off for each character when within a certain distance from the viewable area or when engaged by the pc.

If required I can restrict fights to flat box rooms but I'm really hoping I don't have to.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  38. Nihil688

Nihil688

Hello, I've been checking your asset and have a few questions:
    - is there a particular way to tackle accurate move problems, such as in throws, if you have a small character and a big one where will the grab take place
    - we want our animations to be shared across our characters, is there a way to assign which attacks should be run in runtime or does everything has to be pre-worked on the editor? Also does that affect the fuzzy logic AI?
    - Ive seen that you support mecanim humanoid animations in order to share animations across different rigs, is there a limitation with your system? Also I saw that you aren't really using mecanim for your states, does your system have it's own and how does animation blend work on that?

39. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Can I place the fighter in a 3d scene?

40. radiantboy

radiantboy

Pretty cool package, but I have some issues with the animation. For some reason non of the legacy animations that ship with this work on any of my legacy characters. Is there something special about them? Cant figure out why they dont work, unless it has some sort of specific bone mapping in mind? But I have literally tried like 30 models, including mixamo ones, none seem to animate. Thoughts?

41. mrbrownie

mrbrownie

@MMind hey man, have you checked Fantasy Strike? It looks like it might be using your engine. Not sure, but I thought it be a good inclusion to the UFE3D portfolio since it's getting a lot of attention.

KRGraphics and Mistermind like this.
  42. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys and @MMind, it has been a while since I have been working with UFE and the forum is kinda dead, but is ANYONE here using Enlighten in their games? I have had ZERO LUCK with getting this to work and I am at my breaking point. I am also very upset that no one has managed to get this working. You can't use GI on prefabs unless you use a script, and real time GI is USELESS here. So, any solutions? I don't want to use the flat, fake lighting that I keep seeing in nearly all of the games made with UFE.

Sorry for the rant, but being unable to use GI with this asset, and lighting is EXTREMELY important, this is ridiculous!

43. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

There is a problem in official UFE forum, some written posts not visible, can someone confirm it....?

44. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I not been following for some time but what happened with mobile controls support? Asset not needed anymore as I still got the one pulled from the store?

45. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

46. M_Abubakar

M_Abubakar

Hi, i want to add a button.
    On pressing my player just run forward and came back for a specific distance.
    So please guide me what should i do??

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

I don't have any experience with this kit so this may be a silly question, but can you not just use light probes to provide baked light to the prefabs?

48. yumianhuli1

yumianhuli1

Does your P2P addon only support LAN?Thank U!

49. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

yes, LAN for pc & same wifi network and wifi derict for mobile.

50. M_Abubakar

M_Abubakar

hi. just want to add new button and perform a new action in ufe kit what i do?
    anyone please tell me what i do? @MMind