Search Unity

[RELEASED] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. virror

virror

I just downloaded the latest an hour ago, so 2.2.2.
    I removed everything before i got the new version.
    Btw, using the C# version.

This is how it looks:
    butterflies.emissionRate = butterfliesFade;

//Calculates fading in our particles
    snow.emissionRate = minSnowIntensity;

snowMistFog.emissionRate = minSnowFogIntensity;

rain.emissionRate = minRainIntensity;
    rainMist.emissionRate = minHeavyRainMistIntensity;

2. BHS

BHS

It sounds like your script hasn't update correctly. I know this because the variable name for the snow has been updated to currentSnowIntensity.

This is how the snow portion of the script should look: (This is using the 2.2.2 version I just imported from the Asset Store into a new project)
    Code (CSharp):
    2.         //Snow
    3.         #if UNITY_5_3 || UNITY_5_4
    4.         ParticleSystem.EmissionModule snowEmission = snow.emission;
    5.         snowEmission.rate = new ParticleSystem.MinMaxCurve(currentSnowIntensity);
    6.         #else
    7.         snow.emissionRate = currentSnowIntensity;
    8.         #endif

3. virror

virror

Removed the script and reimported and i still get the same thing, strange.
    Did you try to import the one on asset store to make sure the changes is there as well?

4. BHS

BHS

Okay, I know what's going on. Unity should make this clearer.

UniStorm 2.2.2 needs to use at least Unity 5.2.2. If you are using a version older than Unity 5.2.2, you will be downloading the Unity 5.0 version, which is UniStorm 1.8.4.

If you want the newest version of UniStorm, you will need to update to at least Unity 5.2.2. Unity 5.2.2 or higher is required because of the shader changes.

5. Stormy102

Stormy102

He removed a few errors like that but not these. I'm also getting a warning with the editor using SetSceneDirty. Could you fix this too?

6. virror

virror

Im using Unity 5.3.6, so the mystery is still on : p

7. BHS

BHS

Strange, what version does it say at the top of the UniStorm and UniStorm Editor scripts?

The SetSceneDirty was fixed, but I guess it's obsolete again. We will fix it with the next update.

8. virror

virror

//UniStorm Weather System C# Version 2.1.4 @ Copyright
    //Black Horizon Studios

But as i said i have removed and reimported the script many times now : /
    Maybe Unity failed to download the latest for some reason, let me try and remove it from the cash and redownload it.

9. virror

virror

Great, that did it, no more warnings now : D
    Sorry for all the trouble, Unity has some strange asset bugs sometimes : p

10. BHS

BHS

Great to hear!

How exactly did you get it to properly update? We'd like to add this to the UniStorm Wiki for those who may run into this issue too.

11. virror

virror

I just went in to the "AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x" and removed the package and went into the assetstore and redownloaded it.
    Btw, the new lighting looks awesome, a lot less setup needed now, love it!

12. franky_li

franky_li

Hey there,
    I'm new to UniStorm and have a question. How can I route the bird sounds to the audio mixer. I can not find the Audio Source for it?

I found a small bug. If you use the UniStorm GUI to show the temperature, it's always displayed as fahrenheit even it is set to degree in the temperature settings.

13. BHS

BHS

Thanks!

Yes, the new lighting is much better than previous versions of UniStorm. It's nice to hear everyone is liking it.

Hey there!

The Audio Source Component is created on Start so that the Editor doesn't have any other components on it while users are using it.

This is because temperatures need to be regenerated while the Celsius temperature is selected while in the Editor.

We can update the temperature system to recalculate the temperatures when switching between Fahrenheit and Celsius with our next update.

14. robertqiu

robertqiu

Hi guys, so I tried unistorm, it works great. I have one problem though. There is an ugly space between the skybox and the terrain, as you can see in the picture. How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

15. chuckyluv869

chuckyluv869

I've gotten this asset tweaked to my liking... and it's quite tweakable... and I'm loving it. Excellent work.

I've not seen how to have the rain not rain inside buildings or under bridges, etc... I'd appreciate it if you could direct me how to make the rain splash and rain streak particles not happen in those cases. Thanks!

16. virror

virror

I guess you need to raycast up and see if there are anything there, and if there are, just disable those systems.

17. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

This can be avoided by not letting players walk to the edge of the terrain as this allows them to see below the horizon level. This wouldn't technically be possible in real life because there is always land in front of you. You can also adjust the ground color of the skybox to better blend with the horizon.

This can be handled by using an OnTrigger function. When the player enters the OnTrigger for indoors, disable the particle effects. When the player enters the OnTrigger for outdoors, enable the particle effects.

chuckyluv869 likes this.
  18. chuckyluv869

chuckyluv869

"This can be handled by using an OnTrigger function. When the player enters the OnTrigger for indoors, disable the particle effects. When the player enters the OnTrigger for outdoors, enable the particle effects."

Does this mean that the rain splashes and streaks will not be visible when the player is under a shelter or bridge but looking out into the open?

In other words, is there no collision detection for those particles?

19. BHS

BHS

I misread, the Rain Streaks will need to be disabled. The Rain particle effect has collision detection so it shouldn't be raining in a covered area. You may need to adjust your particles to be higher over your player to ensure they are colliding with the roof. You may also need to increase the Collision Quality to High to ensure that particles are not passing through the collision source.

chuckyluv869 likes this.
  20. franky_li

franky_li

Thanks for fast reply.

I created a small script that can be added to the editor to set the routing, spread and spatial blend. If someone is interested.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.Audio;
    4. public class SetAudioGroup : MonoBehaviour {
    5.     AudioSource soundComponent;
    6.     public AudioMixerGroup group;
    7.     [Range(0f, 1f)] public float spatialBlend = .5f;
    8.     [Range(0, 360)] public int spread = 60;
    10.     void Start () {
    11.         Invoke("GetAudioSource", 1);
    12.     }
    14.     void GetAudioSource()
    15.     {
    16.         soundComponent = GetComponent<AudioSource>();
    17.         soundComponent.outputAudioMixerGroup = group;
    18.         soundComponent.spatialBlend = spatialBlend;
    19.         soundComponent.spread = (float)spread;
    20.     }
    21. }

BHS, jrock84 and Stormy102 like this.
  21. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 2.2.3 has been accepted and is now live!

Get it here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2714

UniStorm 2.2.3
    * Fixed an error that occurred when using the create Weather Zone and Climate Zones
    * Updated and improved the Climate Zone system. Precipitation odds can now be adjusted from between 1 and 100 like with the Visual Bar and Sliders using the UniStorm C# Editor.
    * Added 4 preset Climate Zones to the Climate Zone window (Desert, Grassland, Mountain, and Rainforest)
    * Updated Weather Zone system
    * Fixed Stormy Wind Zone values from being set high by default.
    * Renamed the UniStorm desktop MouseLook script so that it won't conflict with the commonly named script MouseLook

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  22. Alex3333

Alex3333

Someone tell me. Did sync the weather (UFPS Multieplayer) . All RPCS are sent and sent. but the weather is not synchronized. Maybe it's some nuances in Unistorm. Help who knows.

23. Stormy102

Stormy102

It's very likely an issue with not syncing weatherForcaster. It must be set on the client

24. Alex3333

Alex3333

I have a question. As you can decrease this parameter . To day was one value . bizh to night decreased. but the night was really at 0 , and then Vice versa. You have it implemented somewhere? Normal skybox will not fit. And so I have at night, all the objects Shine.

Attached Files:

• 555.jpg
      555.jpg
      File size:
      120.4 KB
      Views:
  25. phantomy1

phantomy1

Hey everyone,
    I tried to combine UniStorm Pro with UFPS. It all went well so far, but I am facing two problems now, that I don't know how to solve:

1) When I enter play mode and look at the sun without a weapon in the players hand, all is good. The moment I take the mace out of the pocket the lightshafts of the sun move aside a bit. It starts to look really weird, as if there was a invisible sun next to the real one from which the lightshafts are emitted. What am I doing wrong?

2) We had this a couple of times before: The sun and moonlight is looking weird so we have to put the sunlight object into the lightsource slot in the scene lighting window. But when I close Unity and start it up again the lighting window says: None. Every time. Why?? Is there a way to persist that? I have the same problem when I'm building the game sometimes. What can I do?

Thanks for your help in advance ;-)

26. Killersan

Killersan

There is a bug. If You set static time and static weather and set the start time hour to something like 6 a.m. then if You hit play colors won't be set properly You need to change the time a bit to unistorm set them up correctly.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  27. BHS

BHS

UniStorm doesn't currently control the reflection intensity. However, with our update we are submitting tomorrow, you will be able to control it for each time of day. We will be posting the release notes here soon.

Hey there!

What version of UniStorm are you using?

1) I'm not entirely sure. A screenshot of your issue would help us visualize what's going on. From our tests, UniStorm doesn't have any issues with UFPS. We use it for most of our demo videos. Are you using Auto Player Setup to setup your UFPS player with UniStorm?

2) The Sun not being kept in the Sun Object slot sounds like a Unity issue. It happens when your UniStorm system is still connected as a prefab. This is why we added a way to instantiate UniStorm without being connected to a prefab. This can be found by going to Window>UniStorm>Create Weather System. If you need to keep the UniStorm system you have in your scene, have the UniStormPrefab_C_Basic selected and go to GameObject>Break Prefab Instance. This should solve you issue with the Sun being disconnected from the Environment Lighting options.

Hey there!

This has been fixed with the update we will be submitting tomorrow. Thanks for letting us know about it.

28. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

We've been working on a new update that will add some requested features, some much needed editor changes, and a few fixes.

We will be submitting update 2.2.4 tomorrow. We will also be submitting this update for the UniStorm Mobile product on the Asset Store. If there's something we've missed, or something you'd like added, just let us know here on the forums. The JS and Mobile version of the new update is coming soon.

UniStorm 2.2.4 Release Notes
    Features

* Added Ambient Source Control that allows you to use Sky, Gradient, or Color for UniStorm's ambient source
    * Added options to adjust the colors with the new ambient source types
    * Added Reflection Intensity control to the UniStorm Editor for each time of day
    * Added a new options tab called Lighting Options (replaced Color Options)
    * Added a new options tab called Cloud Options (replaced GUI Options)

Changes
    * Moved GUI Options under the Object Options
    * Cloud Options now contain all cloud related options and settings
    * Lighting Options now contain all lighting related settings
    * Moved Cloud Colors under Cloud Options
    * Moved Sun Shaft and Sun Colors under Sun Options
    * Moved Fog Colors under Fog Options
    * Moved Star settings under Atmosphere Options
    * Changed the names Atmosphere colors to Sunshaft colors

Fixes
    * Fixed variable name issue with JS versions of UniStorm
    * Fixed an issue with calculating UniStorm's colors on Start while Time Stopped is enabled. Color calculations will now work properly while using Time Stopped.

Lighting Options 2.png

Cloud Options.png

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Stormy102 likes this.
  29. Alex3333

Alex3333

Add features in your Shader that are on the screenshot. We really needed in the game. Thought they could change, but you will succeed much faster and better.Especially the ability to add cubemap(HDR)

Attached Files:

30. Alex3333

Alex3333

And very happy. lately you started though for a little bit , but to add various additions to the system !!!

31. phantomy1

phantomy1

Ok, as requested: The first screenshot shows properly set lightshafts when not having the mace equiped.
    The second shows that the lightsource the shafts are coming from must be slightly off. The shafts are coming from a point a bit more right and up and not directly from the sun.

The other tip by breaking the prefab solved the problem with assigning the sun object to the light source in the lighting window. Thanks!

Attached Files:

32. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

I'm not entirely sure what you're requesting. UniStorm uses a procedural skybox with physically based shading. The performance is good enough to run on mobile devices.

Hey there!

Strange, we haven't encountered this before. Did you use the Auto Player Setup for setting up your UFPS player? The system should automatically break the prefab connection. If you set it up manually, make sure that the UFPS player isn't connected to a prefab just like you did with the UniStorm system.

We will look into this to see if we can recreate what's going on. Are you using the newest version of UniStorn?

33. BHS

BHS

Sonnenspeer likes this.
  34. clickmatch

clickmatch

I'd noticed before I added mountains that I'd had the moon about 10-15 degrees off from where it's reflection was. Not sure if this is the same issue. I'm still on 2.2.3 I think.

35. BHS

BHS

Was this on the Desktop or Mobile version? The Desktop version's moon is now created on Start and should be perfectly aligned. The Mobile version will be updated to the 2.2.4 version with our next update.

36. Alex3333

Alex3333

I mean, the script must be on the player(client)??

37. clickmatch

clickmatch

It was Desktop, but it was a couple weeks back. I'd have to mess around a bit to see if it's still an issue

38. phantomy1

phantomy1

I use the version 2.2.3 because the store doesn't let me update. No auto setup was used because the C# one wasn't working back then.

Is there any way to configure the colors for the rain streaks, drops, splashes, mist and stormy clouds for a night setting? Normally my nights are setup to be more or less black. The only light is the moon. But when I have a full storm with rain thunder going on the clouds, the rain and the mist and stuff is looking totally weird because they are light gray ;-) I there a night light setting that I did not see?

39. ADRIANO3D

ADRIANO3D

I see many people with problem set unet will try to help.
    (I'm from Brazil and used the google translator)

first rain, snow, falling leaves, and all types of particles in unistorm must all be viewed only on the local client.

each customer will have their particles and each customer will only see your particles.
    it is important to avoid lag in the game too.

in the real world no one see a drop of rain falling at the same time then we realized that the rain should not be synchronized but the main object which in our case would be the time.

then obeservamos. GetUniStormComponents_C the script:

public class GetUniStormComponents_C: NetworkBehaviour
    {
    #region fields
    public GameObject unistorm;
    public GameObject unistormCamera;
    public ParticleSystem rain;
    public ParticleSystem snow;
    public ParticleSystem lightningBugs;
    public ParticleSystem Rainmist;
    public ParticleSystem snowDust;
    public GameObject rainStreaks;
    public ParticleSystem windyLeaves;
    public GameObject lightningBolt1;
    public ParticleSystem rainSplash;
    Transform public lightningPosition;
    #endregion

public GameObject Rain;
    public GameObject Snow;
    public GameObject LinghtningBus;
    public GameObject RainM;
    public GameObject SnowDus;
    public GameObject rainst;
    public GameObject WindyL;
    public GameObject LightPositi;

void Start () {

if (! isLocalPlayer) {

Rain.SetActive (false);
    Snow.SetActive (false);
    LinghtningBus.SetActive (false);
    RainM.SetActive (false);
    SnowDus.SetActive (false);
    RainSt.SetActive (false);
    WindyL.SetActive (false);
    LightPositi.SetActive (false);

}

}

public override void OnStartLocalPlayer ()
    {

if (isLocalPlayer) {

unistorm = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag ( "UniStorm");
    unistorm.GetComponent <UniStormWeatherSystem_C> () .enabled = true;

unistormCamera = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag ( "MainCamera");

if (! ReferenceEquals (unistorm, null)) {
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C [] = weathers unistorm.GetComponentsInChildren <UniStormWeatherSystem_C> ();
    UniStormWeatherSystem_C weather weathers = [0];

if (! ReferenceEquals (weather, null)) {
    weather.rain = rain;
    weather.snow = snow;
    weather.butterflies = lightningBugs;
    weather.rainMist = Rainmist;
    weather.rainSplashes = rainSplash;
    weather.lightningSpawn = lightningPosition;
    weather.snowMistFog = snowDust;
    weather.mistFog = rainStreaks;
    weather.windyLeaves = windyLeaves;
    weather.lightningBolt1 = lightningBolt1;
    weather.cameraObject = unistormCamera;
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs the script should look like this:

islocalplayer place in UniStormWeatherSystem_C.cs object convert the script to NetworkBehaviour.

// Time keeping variables
    Syncvar in all up in [SyncVar] public int weatherForecaster = 0;

// Sun angle control
    Syncvar at all until the [SyncVar] commandPromptActive private bool = false;

weatherCommandPrompt void ()
    {
    if (isServer) {

all programming in here
    }
    }

I made a friend here from Brazil that has unistorm and wanted to put my project with unistorm and works very well

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/windshield-wiper.397491/#post-2649298

40. BHS

BHS

UniStorm 2.2.3, you will need to update to at least Unity 5.2.2. If you have done this and it still isn't working, there is an Asset Store bug that doesn't properly clear the cache. For a fix, see our solution here: http://unistorm-weather-system.wiki..._in_my_project_still_hasn.27t_update_properly

You can adjust the color and brightness by adjusting the particle's material color. We can add an option to have this adjusted for each time of day with our next update.

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

41. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

UniStorm 2.2.4 and UniStorm Mobile 2.2.4 have been accepted and are now live!

Note: This update affects the C# versions for UniStorm for both assets. The JS and Mobile version of the new update will be coming with our next update sometime this week.

UniStorm 2.2.4 Release Notes
    Features

* Added Ambient Source Control that allows you to use Sky, Gradient, or Color for UniStorm's ambient source
    * Added options to adjust the colors with the new ambient source types
    * Added Reflection Intensity control to the UniStorm Editor for each time of day
    * Added a new options tab called Lighting Options (replaced Color Options)
    * Added a new options tab called Cloud Options (replaced GUI Options)

Changes
    * Moved GUI Options under the Object Options
    * Cloud Options now contain all cloud related options and settings
    * Lighting Options now contain all lighting related settings
    * Moved Cloud Colors under Cloud Options
    * Moved Sun Shaft and Sun Colors under Sun Options
    * Moved Fog Colors under Fog Options
    * Moved Star settings under Atmosphere Options
    * Changed the names Atmosphere colors to Sunshaft colors

Fixes
    * Fixed variable name issue with JS versions of UniStorm
    * Fixed an issue with calculating UniStorm's colors on Start while Time Stopped is enabled. Color calculations will now work properly while using Time Stopped.

Lighting Options 2.png
    Cloud Options.png

Tinjaw and Sonnenspeer like this.
  42. phantomy1

phantomy1

Being able to adjust those settings for each time of day would be fantastic. Since I would like to have different settings for daylight and for night. That is not only necessary for the particles but also for the clouds. Time of day controls for clouds and particles would be awesome.

43. BHS

BHS

By clouds, you mean the storm clouds, correct? Non-precipitation cloud's color can already be adjusted for each time of day. This can be found under Cloud Options. With 2.2.5, we are adding support for storm cloud control for each time of day, as well as the particle color control as we have already mentioned. This will allow users with darker nights to better blend the particles with the their dark scenes.

44. phantomy1

phantomy1

Yes, I mean the storm clouds. Already adjusted the non-stormy clouds as they are already exposed ;-)

This will be awesome! Really looking forward to this. Thanks for hearing me ;-)

45. pixxelbob

pixxelbob

Hi I've finally got around to upgrading from 2.1.x
    Is only the desktop version done? The reason I ask is that the Mobile version system & editor scripts are missing loads of the new improvements. I'm particularly after the weather fade in modifiers for rain and snow which I proposed.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

// Edit

I have spent some time today breaking apart the desktop system 2.2.4 stripping out all the desktop features, replacing the lighting, particle effects, textures and shaders with the mobile versions. It works perfect. Good performance. Wonderful update, really great editor changes. Thanks, I look forward to seeing the official mobile version when it's ready.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  46. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

47. kilju

kilju

have u put ur lightsaft script to your weaponcamera?
    is it possible that u have difrent fov in your mace and that's why safts are in diffrent spot?

-Toni

48. BHS

BHS

We have had two customers post their scripts for implementing UniStorm with UNET. They can be found on these two posts.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/un...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-83#post-2773021

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/un...storm-mobile-free.121021/page-84#post-2785944

49. DecayGame

DecayGame

Hey I need some help I have trying to fix this for a while now. So when I play my scene my first person hand model texture says ( Instance) On it and then it's grey and it looks weird because it's really grey any idea how to fix this? thanks =)

50. kilju

kilju