Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[70% OFF!] UniStorm 5.2 - AAA Volumetric Clouds, URP Support, Weather, Sky, Atmospheric Fog, & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jan 27, 2012.

1. BHS

BHS

Actually have been meaning to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

Sphelps likes this.
  2. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Hi BHS
    Loving the 2.06 version with the dynamic snow and can't wait to give the dynamic plants a go shortly.
    However no matter what I try I cannot get the dynamic snow to settle on the terrain, it only builds up on the static objects that I appy the shader to.
    Pointers on what I am doing wrong or is this just not included yet?

Regards,

3. BHS

BHS

The dynamic snow is only for non-terrain objects. We are still working on the snow shader for the terrain.

4. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Cheers. Was worried I had done something or missed a step. The snow works great BTW.
    One point though the dynamic_snow script that is applied to the reference object has a hard coded 32 in there (4 spots) for when the snow melts. I have manually changed it to 0 degrees since I use Celsius but thought you may want to update that based on the temperature scale used.
    Only noticed it when I had to make my temp 32 C or higher for the snow to melt.

5. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

I am using Unistorm with Plygame, and so far everything seems to be working perfectly except for one thing.

I copied the effects (fall leaves, lightning bugs, rain mist, rain, etc) over to my player and positioned them correctly as per the tutorial. When a storm happens, they are happening, but not anywhere near my player. Do I need to delete them from the original Unistorm player after copying them over?

6. BHS

BHS

Yes, we forgot to add support for Celsius support. We will fix this with the next update also.

You need to make sure your new particle effects are properly applied to UniStorm in the Editor.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  7. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

Sorry, what do you mean by "properly applied"?

I copied them from the Unistorm player to my player. The effects work, they are just not attached to my character. They don't move when I move my character. I ws thinking that as they are available twice in the scene, it is the ones on the Unistorm player that are working, not the ones on my player.

Attached Files:

8. BHS

BHS

You need to go to the UniStorm Editor and go to Object Options. There you will find where you can see the rain, snow, and other particles. Apply your copied particle effects to each of the appropriate slots.

The reason your particles are working, but not following your player, is because the effects UniStorm is using are the ones from the UniStorm player and not your player.

9. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

Ah, OK, got it. Thanks!

10. BHS

BHS

You're welcome.

11. MrGky93

MrGky93

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  12. BHS

BHS

The demo we showcased used other artist's assets so we cannot include them with the UniStorm Plant Demo. However, we did include 5 free plants in our UniStorm Plant Demo that our users can use as they like.

The fence and plant models are from the Medieval World Creation Kit here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36555

MrGky93 likes this.
  13. MrGky93

MrGky93

hi
    i use the costum script http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamic_Plant_Growth_System
    but now how to increase the speed of the Dynamic_Plant_Growth_System??
    To become "This plant is fully grown!"

14. BHS

BHS

You would adjust the growth amount for the X, Y, and Z axes, explained in the tutorial.

You can then set your full grown amount for the plant to be fully grown with the max growth amount. Once this amount is reached, your plant will be fully grown.

MrGky93 likes this.
  15. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

Medieval World Creation Kit - 40% off
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36555

On birthday sale! Any chance you plan a mad dash game jam to get the AI example done and uploaded in time to motivate us to buy this asset while on sale? You could even provide just the scene and the scripts on this rushed deadline, and so long as we have both assets imported, when we import your newly created MWCK integration boom done.

16. MrGky93

MrGky93

hi i send you a email @BHS
    Hope you anwser i bought now the Medieval World Creation Kit
    and asking if you can upload the scripts for the Dynamic Plant Growth System that you using for the demo??

17. BHS

BHS

We can't send scenes to you of any paid assets from the asset store, even if you have bought the assets yourself. You would need direct permission from the developer himself.

Creating the scene was simple. Find a fence prefab, make a series of enclosed fences, get the pack's plant prefabs and use these to make a series of planters. You then get the plant growth system and put it on each plant.

The plant growth system is included with the newest update. See our reply above about sending scene files, if that's what you're asking.

18. MrGky93

MrGky93

sry for my bad english
    i say can you upload the script or better the scene or a tut how make the same like the demo , i now its update to date.
    But i want only the scene with scripts in the demo of plant growth system ?
    The demo where you wait for harvest and collect it and sleep for waiting to grow up ??
    Hope you can understand me .

When you dont understand me hope this help you

can you upload the
    Custom scripts that you are using to make game like in the video??
    The Medieval World Creation Kit is boughting and only waiting for the custom for making games like the video :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    jonfinlay likes this.
  19. BHS

BHS

Okay, gotcha.

The resting/sleeping system was made with an older version of UniStorm. We were planning on including this with UniStorm 2.1 after we have updated it. We can send the resting/sleeping system to you when it's finished though.

MrGky93 likes this.
  20. MrGky93

MrGky93

only the resting and sleeping ´system are old but with the grow system and collect and eating whats about this ??
    I only need the ui / collecting and plant seeds hope this ok ??

21. BHS

BHS

Look at the custom events part of the plant system tutorial on our wiki site. You can see that we have already written a script that allows you to have an event happen when the player is within range and clicks the plant when it's fully grown.

Follow the tutorial here:
    http://unistorm-weather-system.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamic_Plant_Growth_System#Custom_Events_and_Scripts

When you click the plant when it's fully grown, have it add seeds, or whatever else, to your player.

22. MrGky93

MrGky93

yes i saw it but the code for the demo you dont uploading it ??

23. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

That's simply not true.

Many assets do this, it's called integration, or 3rd party support.

2 examples:
    http://www.opsive.com/assets/BehaviorDesigner/samples.php
    http://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue-system-extras/

They are not including the models and stuff, all they do is include the scene which holds reference to the models. If you opened the scene without the models it would be a bunch of null references. But if you open the scene with the dependent asset imported first then Unity would find the references and hook it up.

It's what the above/below 2 examples and many others do for popular packages, your very asset is even listed in these so I really don't know what you are talking about.

Dialogue System for Unity
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11672
    Integration:
    • Components for drop-in integration into existing frameworks
    • 2D Action RPG Starter Kit
    • Action-RPG Starter Kit
    • Adventure Creator
    • ICode (AI for Mecanim)
    • Animator Timeline Editor
    • Behavior Designer
    • Cinema Director
    • Core GameKit
    • FaceFX
    • GameFlow
    • Game Logger
    • HUD Waypoint
    • KGFMapSystem
    • Makinom
    • Master Audio
    • NJG MiniMap
    • NLua
    • ORK Framework
    • PlayMaker
    • plyGame
    • Realistic FPS Prefab
    • Rogo LipSync
    • RPG Kit 3.0
    • RT-Voice
    • SALSA with RandomEyes
    • S-Inventory
    • TextMesh Pro
    • Third Person Controller
    • UFPS
    • UniStorm
    • uSequencer

Behavior Designer
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/15277
    Third Party Integrations:
    - 2D Toolkit
    - A* Pathfinding Project (Movement Pack)
    - Adventure Creator
    - Anti-Cheat Toolkit
    - Apex Path (Movement Pack)
    - Blox
    - Camera Path Animator
    - Chronos
    - Cinema Director
    - Control Freak
    - Core GameKit
    - Curvy
    - Dialogue System
    - DOTween
    - Final IK
    - Glow Effect
    - ICode
    - Inventory Pro
    - LeanTween
    - Love/Hate
    - Master Audio
    - Motion Controller
    - NavMesh 2D (Movement Pack)
    - NGUI
    - Particle Playground
    - PlayMaker
    - PolyNav (Movement Pack)
    - Pool Boss
    - PoolManager
    - Realistic FPS Prefab
    - Rewired
    - SECTR
    - Simple Waypoint System
    - Third Person Controller
    - Trigger Event Pro
    - uFrame MVVM
    - Ultimate FPS (UFPS)
    - Uni2D
    - UniStorm
    - uScript
    - uSequencer
    - Vectrosity

MrGky93 likes this.
  24. BHS

BHS

Wasn't aware that Unity could create scenes that reference objects that aren't there. We will look into it and see if we can get a demo scene of our farm demo.

thenamesace and MrGky93 like this.
  25. shwa

shwa

What upcoming version will have the demos that work in Unity 4?

Can things be set so the plant growth is animated quickly.
    eg. i plant a corn seed, and say, over a 20 second time span, i can watch the plant slowly grow taller, to full height?

is this based on straightforward xyz scaling?

or, can it be tweaked so a plant's growth stages are more realistic?
    e.g. a sprout grows to certain height, then a different model is auto swapped in, to look more like later stage plant, leaves come out, etc.

thanks!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  26. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi, this looks like a lot of what I am looking for in a weather system. I am also looking for a way for snow to be on my trees. Does the dynamic snow work with plants and trees, namely Speedtree trees? I have a bunch of evergreen trees and am looking for a way to put snow on them, like what you would see at a ski resort. I know for trees that lose their leaves in winter it is easy enough to put a snow shader on the branches, but for evergreen trees they still have their needles of course, but you need a shader that works well with trees. Will this work in that way? In short, I need a way to give my speedtree evergreens a nice crown of snow that looks good, even better if it can accumulate on the trees in real time.

27. BHS

BHS

Growing is done by scaling. However, if you had an animation, you could alter the system so that it plays an animation instead.

Growing can be adjusted per axis. So, if you wanted it to look more realistic you could have it grow on the Y axis 2 or 3 times faster than growing on the X or Y axis.

Anything like having leaves or branches grow would have to be done by the user. It's not impossible, we just made a basic example demonstrating how it can be done. You are free to alter the system as you'd like. If your plant had individual branch models, these could be scaled to grow instead. There's a lot of flexibility.

As of right now the snow shader works with non-terrain objects as well as non-transparent objects. So, if your trees use the terrain system, you would have to find a work around. We plan on adding support for terrain objects within the next update or so. SpeedTree uses their own custom shader. We will check to see if it's possible to extend the shader to something like SpeedTree.

28. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Thanks, that would be great.

29. Cubic_Creo

Cubic_Creo

Is it possible to dynamically adjust the up direction of the sky? Our game puts players on a large spherical planet. As they travel around the planet, I need the ability to adjust lat/lon and keep the sky above the player (instead of below the player, e.g. as the player reaches the South pole).

How many shader keywords are defined by UniStorm?

Here are some screenshots that illustrate the up direction problem I'm trying to avoid. I want it to look like the North Pole photo, no matter where I am on the planet. I'm worried that the sky orientation might stay fixed with the Y axis always being up.

(the sky shown in these screenshots is generated by another asset that I'm considering replacing with UniStorm)

sky1.jpg sky2.jpg sky3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  30. vampir26

vampir26

Hi

I have same issue like david. My clouds are dark and I have no chance to correct it.

In the videos, UniStorm looks good... but I never seen a "normal sky" in my Unity Project.

Hope somebody can help.

31. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

I 2nd speed tree support. Also will make you stand out from the other systems.

32. BHS

BHS

It's hard to say because most weather systems are designed to work on a non-spherical terrain. This is also due to the fact that most shader are calculated using real-world position for things like fading clouds and horizons. Not to say that it can't be done, we just need more info about exactly what you're doing so we can test something out for you.

Yes, this was because of the fog changes with Unity 5.2+ (that Unity neglected to mention). We just fixed the cloud shaders today and the clouds are properly receiving fog again. We will be submitting an update soon. If you need the shader sooner, send us a message with your invoice number and we will send you the updated shader.

We will vertainly look into it to see what we can do.

33. BHS

BHS

NewUniStormDemo1.png
    NewUniStormDemo2A.png
    (Above: Grassland Climate)​

Climate Generation:
    We will be posting a couple new demo videos tomorrow demonstrating UniStorm's powerful new Climate Generator. We will demonstrate several types of environments (created with Gaia) including Grasslands (above), Desert, Mountainous, and Rainforest all dynamically generated using UniStorm's Climate Generator.

UniStorm's Climate Generator makes it easy to generate a realistic climate to suit your terrain/environment's needs. It works by generating realistic climates based off of real-world data. This includes Precipitation, realistic Seasonal Temperatures with seasonal averages generation, weather odds (deserts have less rain and rainforests have more), starting weather, starting season, and much more. This will all be generated according to realistic real-world data according to the specific Climate, but will be different every time. This is all done with the click of a button and UniStorm does the rest.

There are 5 Climates to choose from Random, Rainforest, Desert, Mountainous, and Grasslands (with more to come).

Climate Zones:
    While climate generation for a whole terrain is great, some of you have requested having controllable factors for specific areas of your terrain. This is why we are also creating a new system called Climate Zones. It will work by using trigger areas to switch climates. When your players hit these Climate Zones, it changes UniStorm's climate. So, if your terrain has a mountain section, and you'd like the climate to be Mountainous, you would simple generate a Mountainous Climate Zone for your mountains and place the zone over your mountains. When your player exits, or enters a new Climate Zone, UniStorm can then switch to it. Multiple Climate Zones can be used throughout your terrain allowing.

Advanced UniStorm Interface:
    The exact UI you see in the above screenshot will be included with UniStorm 2.1. This allows you to see UniStorm's components such as Date, Time, Weather, Temperature, Season, and Moon Phase. This of course is completely optional and will simply be an additional demo that's included.

Improved Weather and Effects:
    We have gone through and fine tuned all weather effects, fading in and out algorithms, and even tweaked the cloud shaders all to allow for better looking weather. Precipitation weather types' clouds have also been tweaked to allow for greatly improved fading in and out.

Improved Sun and God Rays:
    We have redone the way UniStorm's sun is done allowing for greatly improved looking sun and god rays.

Suggestions:
    If you have a suggestion for a climate or feature, please post them here.

UniStorm 2.1 ETA:
    Keep an eye out for our posts tomorrow for new demo videos. We plan on submitting UniStorm 2.1 sometime next week.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  34. vampir26

vampir26

I send you an e-mail with order number. Thanks!

35. BHS

BHS

The updated shader has been sent.

36. BHS

BHS

In addition to the updates and new features we have posted above, UniStorm 2.1's clouds are now affected by God Rays.

NewUniStormDemo3.png

37. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Good stuff, I like what I see--Climate Zones most especially.

38. BHS

BHS

Yes, we're also looking forward to demonstrating this.

39. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

For some reason I feel like I mentioned this or saw it mentioned here, but I'm not seeing a reference to it any time recently.

Anyway, when I'm importing JUST the desktop version of 2.0.6.0, and I add UniStorm to my scene, there are a couple of problems. The first is I get an "UnassignedReferenceException" error, for both mistFog and moonLight variables. The error claims that they out to be assigned in the inspector, but I have no idea where I would do that in the inspector. The only moonlight option I see is "MoonLight" (NOT "moonLight"), and it's already filled in. And I don't have any idea where mistFog would go.

The second can be seen in a few images here.
    Unity 2015-11-07 00-02-13-50.png
    This is a zoomed-out image of my terrain. That selected object is UniStormPrefab_C_Basic. Examining the object, it would appear the spheres have something to do with sound, and have nothing to do with the skybox. I must ask: where exactly IS the skybox? When I run the game, I get something like this:

Unity 2015-11-07 00-17-51-37.png
    And when I jump off of my map I get this:
    Unity 2015-11-07 00-29-21-22.png
    In addition to the strange skybox, you may notice the perpetual sunlight there. If I rotate in a 360 degree circle, that brightness is visible at any rotation point, with the appropriate angle upwards (if that makes sense).

Just to be absolutely clear, this is with a straight-from-the-import UniStormPrefab_C_Basic, with absolutely nothing changed. And I've gone into Lighting and confirmed that ProceduralSky and Sun_Moon are the two relevant choices at the top. I have my own player object, and I've tried with both on and with just mine, but neither worked. In addition, I tried with just the prefab's version, but I'm not sure if it was working or not because I have a bunch of UI stuff attached to my player object and not the prefab's, that hindered my view.

Going back to the first image, you notice that the two lights are not aligned with the game world at all: they're quite low. In fact, a direct import puts the gameObject's position at (0, -592, 0). However, shifting it up to the "plane" of the terrain doesn't change what is seen at all--the "skybox" or lack thereof is unchanged.

Do you have any idea what might be my issue here? Apologies for the long post, but I have no idea what this issue could be, and it's preventing me from using this great asset properly.

I also just tried starting with a heavy rain weather to see what would happen. The sound of rain began, and my makeshift water amount variable moved up rapidly, clearly showing that the weather was occurring, but nothing of the sort was visible. It was the same sky as before. This leads me to believe the skybox isn't being shown for some incomprehensible reason.

40. BHS

BHS

You need to import both UniStorm Desktop and Mobile. For some reason when we packaged he system it divided the components between the two folders. We will have a fix for it with our next release, but until then, you will need to have both folders imported.

41. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Okay, I couldn't remember if that had yet been fixed. That seems to have solved the issue with the full "object" or wireframe sphere-ish object not appearing...but the in-game skybox itself still isn't showing up, as evidenced by the heavy rain again not appearing (in addition to the same strange bloom effect of my second image above), and those two variables are still not being assigned apparently. Unsure what it could be.

42. ZombieAnomaly

ZombieAnomaly

Hey great work so far! Absolutely LOVE the asset, I just have a slight problem o.o

I have fog enabled in my game, and when I first start the game everything looks and works great. The global fog script is enabled with the correct settings and everything. After the first day is up, around midnight the fog settings change for some unknown reason. It's like VISUALLY the fog changes but all of the settings are the same. The only way to get the fog back to normal is to completely ramp up all the fields in the global fog script with the density being 10 just to see the fog again. Any idea why this is happening?

I also have static weather enabled

Edit: I went through the Unistorm system code and just commented out any place that rendered the fog aside from the start. This fixed the issue :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  43. karmacomp

karmacomp

Does Unistorm work with the 3rd person Asset (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44227), which requires THEIR camera and what not from a clean start, otherwise tons of errors happen. We are dependent on this script for our game, but need clouds and storms.

Will Unistorm conflict with this asset? How about Realistic Water? PlyGame? Other particle assets like Elementals, FX Mega Pack, Particle Playground, etc? Ngui?

Those are most of the 3rd party assets I am using for my game.

Does this work with Unity 5.x.x? That is what I am using.

Will you guys be able to help me with errors if I encounter any?

Before I buy this, I just want to make sure it will work.

Mike

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  44. BHS

BHS

If you are missing any required components, UniStorm will error. It should display an error log message telling you what you're missing. If not, just double check your UniStorm editor to see if there are any object missing in the objects options.

If you need to, send us a package file. We will find out what's going on. It's usually something that the user forgot to assign when their transferring effects over for their player.

45. BHS

BHS

We have not tested that camera system ourselves, but there isn't any reason why it shouldn't work. You would just need to extend your far clipping plane to see the sky system. The alternative is that you can always add another camera that just renders the sky system.

Any particle system will work, as long as they're the same type as the default UniStorm types (legacy and shuriken). We have had users use playmaker with UniStorm as well as realistic water.

UniStorm fully supports Unity 5+.

We are always happy to help with any issues our UniStorm customers have. We have even rewritten scripts or custom scripts to help out our customers. We are available here on the forums or via email.

We also have an entire wiki site dedicated to UniStorm that has tutorials, code references, example scripts, and more.

If you have anymore questions, we'd be happy to answer them.

46. shwa

shwa

Plant simulation on unity 4 or unity 4 Pro.

Hi BHS,

When will unistorm plant simulation work with unity 4/or 4 pro?
    i thought a version was coming out last week that would do this.

thanks!

47. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Well hmm. It works now when I use your prefab "player" character, but not with mine. I wonder why.

Oh well. Problem mostly solved I guess.

48. BHS

BHS

If you are creating your own particle effects, or you are copying the "player" ones, you need to make sure they are assigned to the particle effects part of the UniStorm editor. Snow goes in the snow slot, rain in the rain slot, etc.

49. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I think I'm just going to use the UniStorm "player" and move my script over. I did notice that when I didn't use the UniStorm player, I had to assign all of those particle effects, though it wasn't difficult.

Unity changed the FPS controls though, so I'll have to switch that out from UniStorm's default as well (the new controller has a "run" and a "crouch" mode). The new one actually has the "mouselook" component as a sub-component of the FPS controller rather than its own separate component (which presents problems for me, but that's development for you I suppose).

50. shwa

shwa

Had previously downloaded unistorm 1.8.3 for Unity 4.

Now, Using Unity 5.0.1 f1: Authoring:

Hit Unistorm download in the asset store:

The new downloaded unistorm version is 1.8.4, not 2.06.

How do i force the asset store to download 2.0.6?

thanks,

shwa