Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

About:
    Developing a 3rd Person Controller is really hard and takes too much time, so we developed a Template that you can set up any rigged humanoid model in less then 10 seconds and focus on making your game!

We could have released this template months ago, but we took our time to develop and polish, because we care about how it works and how it feels to play, to make sure the locomotion system looks stable and solid. We got inspiration at the locomotion of games like Dark Souls, The Witcher, Resident Evil, MGS and others.

With this Locomotion template, you can focus on make any type of 3rd Person Game, Shooter, RPG, Action-Adventure, Survival Horror your call, your game.

Features:

* basic features are already included on the melee template
    ** basic and melee features are already included on the shooter template

Shooter Template:
    (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/84583)

Melee Combat Template
    (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44227)

Basic Locomotion Template
    (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/59332)

Basic Locomotion LITE FREE:
    (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/82048)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    jbb1979, nail_safin, PIGame and 10 others like this.
  2. macodys

macodys

So excited about this.
    Are you going to put a webplayer demo?

jbb1979 and Invector like this.
  3. DanielKW

DanielKW

Nice! are you keeping the shooting mechanics from the 3rd person shooter demo you showed on the last thread?

BTW, what price are you planning on charging?

Speaking strictly for myself I would love if it was in the sweet spot of around 70-90$ as that seems fair for hobbyists.

jbb1979, NerdyGamer1 and Invector like this.
  4. Invector

Invector

Hell yes it will be a webplayer, exe and apk TOMORROW for you guys to try out ;)

What you saw on that thread is really old stuff, we have now a awesome Shooter Framework on developing with some really cool features that will be sold as Shooter Template Add-on.

And about the price, I can say that you will be happy to know when we announce in a few days :p

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    jbb1979 likes this.
  5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Is it easy to ad more animations or features like swimming, diving, grab, push, pull and such things?

jbb1979 likes this.
  6. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

This looks FANTASTIC!

Really looking forward to it.

Any chance of adding some other animations?
    Wall jumps?
    Ladders?
    Ropes?
    Swimming?
    Sliding down a slope?

jbb1979 likes this.
  7. zenGarden

zenGarden

Can the character climb hang on some hight cliff and move on sides with the hands just hangging ?

jbb1979 likes this.
  8. Invector

Invector

Since you guys ask similar questions, I will answer for all ;)

I really want to put more action animations, but we are only two programmers who sucks hard on animation lol, We had to hire a freelancer to do this animations. But of course as the package sell, we want to put more animations in the future.

But the main idea is for you guys add your own animations, we provide the basic locomotion and from here you can make any kind 3rd Person Game, adding your own exclusive features and make your game more unique.

To add new animations it is really not that difficult, you just need to have basic Animator knowledge.
    For example: to add Swimming over the surface, it is really simple, just add the animations on a Blend Tree, and call the State when the character is in the water.
    Now, to make stuff like wall jump I really need to have the animations to test, but it's certainly a possible thing to do. :)

jbb1979 likes this.
  9. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I want to use my own animations but i am not a coder so my questions is not can i make more animations wich i can.
    I want to know if it is easy to add more features that help me to use my own animations for my character?

jbb1979, Mister-D and Not_Sure like this.
  10. Invector

Invector

RandAlThor as I said above, you need to have a basic knowledge of Animator (Mecanim) and depends on the case, after all, you are adding a new function at the controller, it could be simple or complex.

I will give you a very simple example, adding a melee combat animation
    1- Put your melee animation in the Action state of the animator controller and assign with a bool
    2- At the Controller script (handles all the input) you will change this bool to true, in order to trigger your animation
    3- At the AnimatorControl script(handles all animations) you will check if that animation has completed, and change the bool to false.

The ideia of this template is for you to have a base to work your own game.
    If you are not sure if this template is for you, wait till I record a video tutorial of how to add a new action in the controller;)

11. zenGarden

zenGarden

Sure, we just expect some more moves for a good tps ; like cover or hanging on a wall for example and some basic attacks like close range and long range.

jbb1979 and Invector like this.
  12. Invector

Invector

Here you go guys, please keep in mind that this is the first public version, if you experience any trouble, please send us a PM or a email at inv3ctor@gmail.com :)

[DESKTOP BUILD]
    [MOBILE APK]

Do you guys know if dropbox or google drive is still able do run the Webplayer?

jbb1979 and macodys like this.
  13. Invector

Invector

jbb1979 and macodys like this.
  14. ZJP

ZJP

Nice. Bookmarked.
    One word about the price? :D

jbb1979 likes this.
  15. Invector

Invector

We want to make a very affordable price for everyone, so we will be shipping this first release for only $ 59.99 ;)
    *This price may change on future updates.

jbb1979 and ZJP like this.
  16. Invector

Invector

And here is the tutorial I promised you guys, I will show you the process to add any animation in this template, and again I say, you must have a basic understanding of how the Animator works.

Basically, the process is:
    - At the Motor script, create a variable to control the animation
    - At the AnimationControl script, tell what variable controls what animation
    - At the Controller script, run the method to trigger the animation.

17. Teo

Teo

Looks nice, are you planing to release this soon or ? Free or paid? Just asking...

18. DanielKW

DanielKW

Check his post above, he tells you the price.

19. Invector

Invector

First post updated!

20. Invector

Invector

21. f1chris

f1chris

There's an aiming mechanism included but nothing else relating shooting, right ?

22. Invector

Invector

We are working on a Shooter Framework that we will release as Add-on in the future. :)

23. macodys

macodys

Is there a way to make the character walk backwards rather than turning around?

24. f1chris

f1chris

Ok. Any ETA on that one ?

I guess we'll have to chip in another $60 or so !?

25. jcarrick

jcarrick

26. Invector

Invector

Nope, it will be way less then 60 bucks so don't worry, and we want to take our time to develop the best asset we can do, so let's see how it goes with the Locomotion pack first.

@jcarrick Thanks for your support man!
    We have been looking for some motion capture system, but it's really expensive right now

jcarrick likes this.
  27. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

I bought a "perception neuron" motion capture suit about 2 months ago, my order is back ordered due to a problem with a shortage of the 3rd party censors they use. Would love to use it myself lol but I'm looking at a November ship date.

Invector and jcarrick like this.
  28. Invector

Invector

29. Invector

Invector

This Perception Neuron looks really cool =o
    let us know if is worth +$1000 when you get it :)

UnleadedGames likes this.
  30. f1chris

f1chris

You're in Pending review since August 23rd? I don't know how long it takes for Unity to approve it. Maybe it's just normal delay.

31. Invector

Invector

Yeah, when we submit our other package MasterCube, took more than 1 month to approve o_O

32. f1chris

f1chris

Oh wow !! They're worst than Apple. My apps never took so long with Apple. But I've heard updates are lot faster.

Good luck to have it approved soon :)

Invector likes this.
  33. Invector

Invector

Working on some issues of compatibility of Unity 5.2!
    I removed the Demo links because the Ragdoll are not working correctly, it will be online again very soon

34. Invector

Invector

Webplayer and .exe Demo back online!

35. jdraper3

jdraper3

I am really looking forward to this controller - I hope that they approve it soon.

Invector likes this.
  36. Mihai77

Mihai77

Hi Invector,
    Any additional info's regarding "Shooter Framework" add-on

Invector likes this.
  37. Invector

Invector

Yeah, it's taking more time then we expected, I send a email today.

We have a pretty good prototype right now, with a IK system, to position and rotate the hands and elbows for each weapon in real time, so you don't have to make new aiming animations for each character.

But we want to know how it's going to be with the Locomotion Template, user's feedback and see if need's to make any updates... if everything runs smoothly we will work hard on make the Shooter Framework the best it can be :)

38. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

This Controller looks pretty good.
    What about using characters which already have animations? Like the "Necromancer" character from Many Worlds in the asset store.
    I suppose your script will then overwrite the animations and use your animations for all characters?

39. Zeko_Aliraqi2012

Zeko_Aliraqi2012

When will be this first release (date) ?
    So excited about this. totally worth it !

Invector likes this.
  40. Invector

Invector

We are using Humanoid characters, so you can easily replace to your animations with no problem

The package is ready, but the Asset Store is taking a long time to approve...
    I don't have much to do, except wait =/

41. Guideborn

Guideborn

This looks really cool! Will you ever have any support for a lock-on targeting, like Zelda: Ocarina of Time? Where the character circles the enemy that is locked on? Along with a reticle system? Thanks!

42. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Thx Invector for the response.
    Really looking forward to see this Asset in the Store.
    A fast combat System as an update would be great since you already worked on moving animation crouching etc.
    And what about jumping? Right now I see that the char does not jump. Will there be a outcommented line or a way to add jump?

43. Invector

Invector

I was just experimenting this lock-on system, still need some tweeks but it's almost working, maybe i'll put on the next update :)

I did a video tutorial showing the process to add new animations, it is on the first post and I add the jump feature, but we will add this and more actions in the package with time

Xander-Davis and Guideborn like this.
  44. Guideborn

Guideborn

45. Invector

Invector

The Asset Store just approved the package guys, v1.0 it's Published :D

[ASSET STORE]

jdraper3 likes this.
  46. blackbird

blackbird

any chance to get shooting and a pick up system :(

47. Invector

Invector

Hey @blackbird I remember you man haha
    You was one of the first users that comment on my prototype, and even send me animations for test (many thanks btw lol)

Yes dude, it will have a Shooter addon in the future, but first we need to see how the basics stuff is working for people.
    We could release that first Shooter project months ago, but we decide to do the basics first and make sure that it is working nicely, and then implement other features. I think it's the best thing to do, instead of promising a high number of features and rush the development, then publish something that 'kind of work' and disappoint people.

Don't worry, the day is coming :p

blackbird likes this.
  48. BigAppear

BigAppear

Hello Invector !

I'd really enjoy if you implement hand-to-hand addon (like your Shooter framework).

Even for you, I recommend you to think about it : there are a lot of framework offering Shooter, but no one use hand-to-hand properly (too Shooter orientated), and there is a big needing on this in the Asset Store.
    By a framework, I mean, addon including things like attacking with 1H, 2H, blocking, a charge, combos... Things like that. I know it's animation-turned, but it would be worth the money I think so. :)

Regards,

BigAppear

49. tmmandk

tmmandk

Hope You Are Not Another Stiffix Clone LOL . Hello @blackbird
    Its Better Than TPSA POOOOOOOP LOL

Hope You Dont let us down cause i wanna buy it but i will have to save for it You know cause i wasted my money on stiffixs Crap

BTW I like That iDea BigAppear It well be better wit multiplayer Cover . AI . Health ............ More Parkour

If You Need Animations Contact Mee At Skype : DproBoy
    Or Pm
    Good luck with sales and Project

50. Invector

Invector

Thank you BigAppear, we already test a simple combo system and we have some ideias for a more complex combo system that you can change to sword, punchs, basically any hand weapon. But like i said, one step at the time hehe

Hey @tmmandk I intend to keep my updates and give people one feature at a time
    Let's talk on Skype, I have been looking for a Animation guy and maybe we can work something out :)

blackbird likes this.