Search Unity

[RELEASED] Sci-Fi Arsenal

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Archanor, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Archanor

Archanor

01.png sci-fi arsenal 2019-04-05 19-20-56-46.png sci-fi arsenal 2019-04-05 19-21-00-99.png sci-fi arsenal 2019-04-05 19-21-52-03.png sci-fi arsenal 2019-04-05 19-22-18-09.png

Sci-Fi Arsenal is a bundle of 580 stylized particle effects. The asset includes missiles, explosions, muzzleflashes, shields and several other particle effects.

Asset Store | WebGL Demo

✅ 2D & 3D
    ✅ Standard & URP Support

Common Problems

Invisible Particles (URP)

URP Pink Materials
    Invisible Particles (Standard)
    Unable to download latest version
    If you have other unlisted issues, please see my official support page!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    freeze426, cabled_mess, larku and 2 others like this.
  2. ZJP

ZJP

Just tried the demo. Really good. Waiting for the Store. :cool:

Archanor likes this.
  3. ZJP

ZJP

Archanor likes this.
  4. Archanor

Archanor

@ZJP Yes, finally! You beat me to it! :D

Edit: There were some problems with the WebGL demo because of size limitation, but I've applied a temporary fix.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  5. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

hello friend is to put these projectile to be used as bullet in UFPS
    I'm making a scifi game and would like to use these prefabs

6. Archanor

Archanor

@Pauloxande If UFPS also uses particle systems for muzzleflashes and projectiles, I don't think there should be any problems using them. There should be quite a few textures in the pack to play around with if UFPS only uses "tracer" shots. Either way, I may have to do some more research on this.

7. mzg

mzg

Can You post android .apk file with demo scene (with fps counter included)?

8. Archanor

Archanor

@mzg Yep, will work on that!

9. TempleClause

TempleClause

Hey there,

I bought your Sci-Fi Arsenal.
    It's awesome!
    But I do have one issue. I'm unable to scale the prefab "BlueFireMuzzleFlash".
    I tried both manual scaling of the particle systems and the the with the Kunai Editor.

Can you help me out?

Thanks!

10. Archanor

Archanor

@mzg It's not very well optimized at the moment, but here's the APK.

@TempleClause I've checked it out, and this effect isn't the easiest to scale, but I can explain how I managed to scale it up.

First off, the sub-particles "BigFlash" and "FlashLinger" you shouldn't have to worry about changing much (maybe only the length scale under the Renderer tab).

The thing that messes up is that the "BlueFireMuzzleFlash" system is that the Lenght Scale under the Renderer tab is not scaled up as the size is increased, so it just gets kinda fat. Secondly, the Radius under the Shape tab is not scaled, so the flames don't always line up correctly.

So in steps, do this with the BlueFireMuzzleFlash:
    1. Scale it up to a size that fits
    2. Increase Lenght Scale under Renderer tab
    3. Change Radius under Shape to make it line up better

Unfortunately not everything is as easy to scale even with the added Scaling Mode, but I might look into re-doing the muzzleflashes to see if they can be made more easily scalable.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  11. ahmed_decoy

ahmed_decoy

Hey @Archanor ,

I really like this Asset, great collection of FX.

One major requirement we have to use this asset is the ability to change colors of the FX, particularly the projectiles. I noticed all the FX use colored textured, so parameterizing the colors is understandably not trivial.

I was wondering if you have any plans to enhance this asset so colors can be customized through the inspector?

If that's too much of an ask, maybe you can point me in the direction to manipulating the texture pngs themselves. Not sure if your willing to provide the base png or technique used to produce the texture colors for each projectile, but I'm more than willing to just manipulate the texture png to the color of my choice also.

Thanks!

12. Archanor

Archanor

@BrothaMan There should be some plain greyscale "modular" textures in the textures folder that you can color any way you like by editing the particle systems. It seems I forgot to make a few of them modular in the progress though, those will be included in the next patch. I could zip and send them right away if you need them fast.

I suppose having a grey set of prefabs could come in handy in situations like this, and I'll consider including them for the next patch also.

If you also want the source PSD files, let me know.

hopeful likes this.
  13. Archanor

Archanor

@BrothaMan There are a few grey, modular textures in the project, but I forgot to make one for each texture. These will be added in the next patch, and I can send them to you if you need them fast.

I'll also consider making some modular prefabs so that they are ready to be colored for the next version, but I'm not sure when this will be. Seeing as I'm still getting some good feedback, I don't want to rush a patch unless there are any problems.

If you'd like a look at the PSD files for the textures, I can send those as well.

14. ahmed_decoy

ahmed_decoy

Thanks!

Yup I noticed the modular ones, and I figured you had the idea in mind and were in progress of going in that direction.

If you can send the Zip and PSD files that would be amazing!

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Archanor likes this.
  15. genocidalvirus

genocidalvirus

Hey,
    I am not using a mouse to cast the projectile, but I changed it to a target instead.
    I get a nullreferenceexpection error.
    "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ProjectileScript.OnCollisionEnter () (at Assets/SciFiArsenal/InteractiveDemo/Scripts/ProjectileScript.cs:37)"

I don't use the button script, I customized the fireprojectile script by just removing the mouse information.. I attached the projectile script and the fireprojectile script.

Hopefully you can help.

Attached Files:

16. genocidalvirus

genocidalvirus

Nevermind I figured it out, one of my object colliders was to small.

17. Hilbert

Hilbert

I have a question regarding the implementation of the projectiles: Will their trails bend if I make them fly in a curved path, or are the trails rigidly aligned with the projectiles' orientation?

18. Archanor

Archanor

Projectiles uses the default trail renderers, so they will curve. You can also set the length and how smooth the curve will be in-game.

19. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

This. Is. AMAZING.

And it's just BEGGING to be made into an arena shooter.

I call dibs! Everyone else back off! Lol!

Saw your other packs too! A lot of overlap, but they are all just fantastic! Truly great work, and the fact you will be including the gray versions for coloring will be awesome!

20. JD_Designer

JD_Designer

Great Asset! One question: I really love the "Ultimate Nova" effects, however I need to rotate 90 on the X axis. Possible? Thanks! These are super useful.

Archanor likes this.
  21. Archanor

Archanor

Thank you! The "Arsenal" series may be a bit similar in terms of content, but the idea is to create them in different styles to fit a variety of games. It's been a while since I did any content updates, but I really want to do a couple of new effects for this pack, as well as including the gray/modular versions.

@JD_Designer , I will look into that and update this post.

KaletheQuick and JD_Designer like this.
  22. Archanor

Archanor

They should be able to be rotated without problems in 5.3.0, but I'm having trouble doing so in 5.3.4p6. Some of the effects use the new Separate Axes (for rotations etc.) feature added in 5.3. But there's a bug with particle systems not rotating correctly, or even spinning in random directions in versions later than 5.3.0. From what I heard, it should be fixed in 5.4.

23. JD_Designer

JD_Designer

Thanks for the response Archanor!

Hmmm... I downloaded 5.3.0 and I'm still having issues rotating the effect. I should be using the transform on the top level of the hierarchy, no? Is there any chance that you could send me a version of "Ultimate Nova" (blue) that's been rotated 90 on the X axis? I'd really like to use it if possible but I can't move my project to 5.4 beta at this time. Again, nice work and thank you!

24. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

It is all wonderful! I love them all but I only had enough for one pack.

Here it is, a new creation;

And today's work. Net multiplayer is in there, not shown though.

So yeah, I would very much appreciate gray variants of the effects. Any easy way to colorize them would be great. I'm thinking any player or team would be one color.

Archanor likes this.
  25. Archanor

Archanor

@KaletheQuick Very cool to see it in action! :) Will get on to updating it soon™

KaletheQuick likes this.
  26. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

More progress.

Archanor likes this.
  27. sid999_2015

sid999_2015

I'm looking at buying the Sci-Fi Arsenal asset and I was wondering are there any plans to add power-up boxes similar to those found the the Hyperbit Arsenal asset?

Also, I notice from previous questions that the colours of each effect can be changed by altering a base image. Is this correct and is it possible to do this for all effects?

Thanks

28. Archanor

Archanor

I did not plan to have powerup boxes like in Hyperbit, but I'll consider the idea.

The update for colorable effects has been long overdue. I'm working on this pack again now, and the modular textures will soon be available for 5.3.4 and up. I might just add in a few extra effects as well.

29. ZJP

ZJP

Hi,

Have you planned to use the Trail System of Unity 5.5.x?

30. Archanor

Archanor

It looks very interesting, but I probably won't take use of it until it's out of beta. I will look into upgrading this pack then.

ZJP likes this.
  31. Archanor

Archanor

I've uploaded v1.1 of Sci-Fi Arsenal to the Asset Store, so hopefully it should be live sometime this week!

Sci-Fi Arsenal v1.1

- Added Modular textures & prefabs
    - Added 5 Jet Engine FX
    - Added 5 Small Laser Projectile FX
    - Updated Sphere Projectile
    - Updated Laser Projectile
    - Fixed effect rotation issues which happens in some versions
    - Removed Kunai Scaler
    - Other small modifications

(Warning: Slightly big gifs)

New jet engine FX - A more realistic version of a jet flame

Small Laser - It's smaller and shorter than the original laser type, and has no trail effect

Laser Spheres - Reduced the long glowy trail, made the explosion less random

Modular particles - Here with a healthy mixture of colours. I believe I just changed the Start Colors here.

More modular particles - Uncolored particle on the left (yes, they're all mostly white) vs. another colored effect

32. Archanor

Archanor

Just a heads up! v1.1 is now available!

33. 8Eye

8Eye

These particles are really good and im thinking of buying them.

The only thing is, i'm afraid it won't work on my game because its 2d and uses 32x32 sprites.

Can you confirm that this work on a really small scale sprite based game? I mean.. can i scale them to what ever size i want without too much effort?

34. Archanor

Archanor

Hmmm. I'm a bit unsure how it will look in small scales like that, the "gravity" of particles don't always scale great if you scale it up or down too much.

Using it for 2D usually works fine.

Scaling can sometimes take some work to get right, but if you come across any problems, send me an e-mail.

35. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

Archanor likes this.
  36. Archanor

Archanor

@KaletheQuick Very cool! Not sure how I didn't see this post until now, but may give it a test!

Sci-Fi Arsenal v1.2 (Pre-patch notes)

The biggest change is that the base folder hierarchy has been updated for future stability and better compatability with other assets. One of the changes is that some scripts and other files are put in a "shared" folder which are shared between my other asset packs. So there should hopefully be no more duplicate script problems which there have been complaints about.

- Asset now has 253 prefabs!
    - Added new Sparkler missile & impact
    - Overhauled and improved visuals for all missiles and impacts
    - Most effects are now easier to scale with Transform as Scaling Mode is changed to Hierarchy for child particles
    - Several minor changes to most effects
    - Rocket impacts are now more directional
    - Removed some duplicate materials
    - Removed some unused files
    - Replaced old rotation script
    - Replaced old light script

I hope to bring in some laser beams in v1.3! Is there anything else you'd like to see? Improvements? Additions?

Also don't forget to take a look at newly released Pixel Arsenal !

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  37. Archanor

Archanor

Sci-Fi Arsenal v1.3 is out
    with new effects!

- 30 new prefabs total
    - 5 New flamethrower effects
    - 5 New fireball projectile & impacts
    - 5 New bullet projectile & impacts
    - 5 New fire effects
    - New fire spritesheets
    - Laser projectile has added volume
    - Laser bolt projectile has added volume
    - Shockwave impact has added volume

KaletheQuick likes this.
  38. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

Excellent!

Do these effects work with 5.5? If so, will you be making more effects using the new 5.5 features?

39. Archanor

Archanor

Hey, I haven't tried, but I don't think it should be a problem. There's always the possiblity of something breaking in between updates.

I might work on some new effects eventually, perhaps some beam/ray effects similar to the ones in Magic Arsenal and Pixel Arsenal. Let me know if you think something is missing!

KaletheQuick likes this.
  40. Archanor

Archanor

A new update was released yesterday! The asset will also be discounted for 24 hours between March 20, 3pm CET - March 21, 3pm CET.

v1.4

- 53 new prefabs
    - Optimized and retouched several effects
    - Added Beams
    - Added new missile explosion
    - Added new color for fire effects
    - Added 6 new muzzleflashes

Effects now share more materials than before to save video memory. About 13 textures are no longer used. (Most are still available in the project)

KaletheQuick likes this.
  41. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, this package looks good! Are they using Unity particle system?

Archanor likes this.
  42. Archanor

Archanor

Hey, thanks, that is correct :)

43. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

Well I wanted to buy it but so far the asset store has been down the whole time. Tried since 7am my time down and still down 7 hours later but it has now gone well past normal working day in US so guessing store won't be back before the roll over to next asset at 11pm (my time). Unity well and truly shafted you on this as no warning and still no announcement anywhere why store is down. Hope they can at least extend the sale one extra day but based on past issues doubt it.

44. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, they're going to have to re-run this sale. I bet very few people were able to take advantage of it.

45. zhuchun

zhuchun

I want to purchase this but asset store has been down. o_O
    Are they upgrading anything or it's just me?

46. hopeful

hopeful

The asset store has been down about 13-14 hours for me at this point, and I think we all got affected about the same time.

47. zhuchun

zhuchun

I purchase it finally, had been rejected a few times though.

48. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, the store came back up not long after I posted above. ;)

They should still re-run Archanor's sale, I think.

49. Archanor

Archanor

@hopeful @zhuchun @Tortyfoo Hey guys, the downtime was indeed pretty frustrating. It was far from a 24h sale, and I had expected a bit more from this sale. It's really unfortunate.

I wouldn't mind if it was re-run, but I have some doubts that will happen.. I may just ask them if I can do a personal discount on it for another day or so, but under normal circumstances I'm not allowed to change the price in 2 months after the sale ends.

50. hopeful

hopeful

The main thing you'd be missing on a personal sale is the exposure of being featured on the main page of the store. That's significant.

chris-nolet likes this.