Search Unity

[UPDATED] Retro Pixel Dungeons - Pixelart dungeons tileset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Perpetual-Diversion, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

Retro Pixel Dungeons is out now for $9.90! Click here to get to the Asset Store page.
    rpd_banner.png
    Retro Pixel Dungeons is a dungeon(s) tileset with different wall/floor/roof combinations, decoration objects large and small, animated objects, transition tiles and more. Puzzle together your very own dungeon with the many pieces in the tileset, plop down your own characters and monsters (sold separately) and you've got the ingredients for a dungeon crawling game pretty much set!

November 2019: Unity Package updated to use the new Tilemap system. Tileset and Extras updated with better shading and more variety, also with new shadows to match the new shadows tileset (from Retro Pixel Landscapes.) Please note that this asset pack requires the 2D Extras from Unity, freely available here.
    2019screens_1.jpg 2019screens_2.jpg 2019screens_3.jpg 2019screens_4.jpg

The assets that are included in the pack are as follows:
    • 3 different wall sets, with upper, mid, lower, corner tiles, etc.
    • 3 different roof sets
    • 3 different floor sets
    • Transition tiles:
      • Stairs tiles left, mid, right and single tile width x 3
      • Single stair transition tiles (like in classic JRPGs)
      • Darkened wall tiles for creating holes
    • Decoration objects, including:
      • Columns/pillars
      • Statues
      • Mine shaft support tiles
      • Cave opening tiles
      • Several rocks and ore tiles (like copper, gold, etc)
      • Ladder, rope and hook transition tiles and objects
      • Pressure plate
      • Boxes, pots
      • And more!
    • Animated objects, including:
      • Doors (transition to dark/light variations)
      • Treasure chests (plain and ornate)
      • Wall torch
      • Brazier
        • Animated objects have template animator trees, ready for setup in your project.
    • Update 1.1: New objects: Beds, carpet tiles, tables, table decorations, stool.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  2. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

rpd_wip_04.jpg
    Hey everyone! Just bumping this to show another mock-up using the tileset. I've been improving some of the object and tiles palettes to improve the overall look. Statues are now more bronze-looking, pots more clay-ish and floors are overall a bit darker to allow the objects more visual pop, for lack of a better way to put it.

3. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

rpd_wip_05.jpg
    Here's another shot of the mockup, showing off some new sprites! Spider webs, vines and animated torch and brazier have been added to the pack. The tileset is complete, for now, and I'll start preparing the prefabs for use in Unity.
    rpd_wip_06.gif
    Here's how the torch and brazier look! Tiny pixel fires are always tricky to get right, but I think they turned out nice!

4. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

Hey everyone! Prefabs are set up and ready for use. Demo level below will be included in the pack. The second screenshot? Just a quick experiment with lights. Pretty easy to set up, might be included as a bonus in the demo level!
    rpd_wip_08.jpg
    rpd_wip_08b.jpg

5. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

Hey all! Just uploaded the trailer for Retro Pixel Dungeons on YouTube! It shows off most of the tiles and objects included in the pack.

I'll be doing the finishing touches on the pack tomorrow, before uploading it for approval to the Unity Asset Store. I'll be updating the images and information in the first post of the thread as well, to reflect the final look of the pack.

As mentioned in the video's description, the music in the video was made specifically for the trailer. I had a lot of fun doing it and it could actually be played back on SNES hardware.

6. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

aheadonourway.jpg
    I bring some quick and good news! The package has been submitted to the Asset Store and is awaiting approval. I will celebrate by... going dinner shopping! All the key art and screenshots took a little longer than expected, so I'm really hungry now. Anyway, the first post has been updated with deliciously fresh screenshots! Did I mention I was hungry? :D

kakakak likes this.
  7. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

outnow!.jpg
    It's as the picture says, Retro Pixel Dungeons is out now, for $9.90! Click the image above to get to the Asset Store page. :D

8. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

great work!

9. tequyla

tequyla

hello,

is it possible to break pots for example or something other ?

++

10. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

Thanks Lars! :D

Hey tequyla! There's no animation or script for breaking pots included, but I'll chalk it up for ideas for future updates.

11. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

Hey everyone! As you might've noticed from the Asset Store page, the pack's been updated with some new content since release. I thought I'd update the thread to reflect the content in the update.

rpd_screenshots_09.jpg
    Update 1.1: New objects: Beds, carpet tiles, tables, table decorations, stool.

If you have any suggestions for possible future updates, feel free to suggest them in this thread.

12. spelljv

spelljv

I want only the possibility to make rooms with walls at all sides... like the others 2D Dungeon Tilesets.

Is this possible to make?

Thanks!

13. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

Hey! This is not currently possible, as only the walls "facing" the camera, as seen in the screenshots, are in the pack.

14. spelljv

spelljv

Yes.. I know that =) is possible to you guys do this walls and release as an update?

15. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

It's not something that's in the planning ahead, but if enough people would like to see it, I'd probably look into it. :)

16. Perpetual-Diversion

Perpetual-Diversion

socmedimg2019.png
    Update 1.4 is now awaiting approval, the largest update to date!
    Updated to use the new Tilemap system. Tileset and Extras updated with better shading and more variety, also with new shadows to match the new shadows tileset (from Retro Pixel Landscapes.) Please note that this asset pack requires the 2D Extras from Unity, freely available here.