Search Unity

RATED ★★★★★ Project Scan - analyze your ENTIRE project and find potential performance improvements!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by elmar1028, Jun 22, 2017.

1. elmar1028

elmar1028

After 9 months of development, I am proud to present you my latest asset, Project Scan.

What is it?

Project Scan is an Editor Extension that allows developers and artists to scan their entire project to find potential performance improvements, a brief explanation and how to improve it!

It scans various assets like Audio Clips, Textures, 3D Meshes, Scripts and even your current Scene contents to find common performance errors.

Project Scan is extremely customizable and you can filter out specific files, GameObjects, and directories!

Check out Project Scan in action!

Project Scan comes with lots of Filtering options. Have a look at this quick video!

Project Scan's Bottleneck Scanner can easily help you see which GameObjects/Assets require your attention. Added support for filtering GameObjects by scene.

That's right, Project Scan scans not only currently active scene, but also all your currently loaded scenes!

Feel free to ask any questions! :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  2. bradbecker

bradbecker

Cool project. I'm having an issue where it appears excluded folders are still being scanned and having results.

3. elmar1028

elmar1028

Hi @bradbecker

Thank you for letting me know about the excluded folders problem. I am working on a fix at the moment.

I am aware of the User Guide link is broken on the Asset Store page (it will be fixed soon). Could you please point out which link on my website is broken?

Thanks again,

Elmar

4. bradbecker

bradbecker

Thanks, Elmar. The links all seem to be working now.

5. elmar1028

elmar1028

6. bradbecker

bradbecker

any luck on the excluded folders issue?

7. elmar1028

elmar1028

Hi @bradbecker,
    Apologies for lack of response.
    The issue has been fixed and is now being tested in case anything goes amiss.
    Would you be interested in checking the new version?
    Elmar

8. bradbecker

bradbecker

sure, PM me a link--thanks!

9. elmar1028

elmar1028

Changelog
    “Project Scan” folder now resides in the root folder of the project (formerly “Assets/Plugins/”). It is advised to remove an older version before importing a new one!

General
    • Added support for Unity 2017.3
    Bottleneck Scanner
    • Fixed a bug where ignored directories wouldn’t be ignored during scanning process
    • Unsupported file types are now handled to avoid InvalidCastException errors
    User Interface
    • Result cards now have animated transitions when being folded/expanded
    • Foldout area is now covers the whole width of a card, making it easier to fold/expand them

10. elmar1028

elmar1028

11. Cogniad

Cogniad

Will this asset work with the most recent update: 2019.2?

12. elmar1028

elmar1028

Hi @Cogniad

There is a warning about usage of an obsolete method (which will be fixed in the next update), but it compiles and works as intended.

Kind Regards,

Elmar

13. elmar1028

elmar1028

14. Edy

Edy

Does Project Scan finds missing components in Scenes, Prefabs, and Scriptable Objects?

Every time I'm playing a scene and do a hot script reload, a huge list of "missing reference" errors is shown:
    "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!"

I know I have old scenes and prefabs in my project that contain references to removed scripts, but this project have a lot of scenes, prefabs and scriptable objects. I'd rather not have to review each one of them!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  15. elmar1028

elmar1028

Hi Edy,

At the moment, Project Scan does not locate missing references.

I have added this feature into the backlog, I think it would benefit a lot from it.

Elmar

Edy likes this.