Search Unity

[RELEASED] ProBuilder 2.0 : Seamless, Intuitive Level Design in Unity. Finally LIVE!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yahodahan, Feb 6, 2013.

1. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Oh, that one is already in there for edges. :)

2. zenGarden

zenGarden

@yahodahan
    It is possible to bring unwrap, this would make unwrapping fast and easy, because we loose too much time placing each face individually.

Also, i don't like to press CTRL and right click to select many faces, the square selection sometimes don't feet with the only faces we want to select.

What about some options , when CTRL + Click down is pressed , if you move the mouse it adds faces selection you come across dragging your mouse ? Somewhat like Silo 2 faces selection ?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  3. yahodahan

yahodahan

Can you explain more about this? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here.

Looks like that works well in Silo, but I think it might confuse users in Unity. Then again, I do like the idea. I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

4. zenGarden

zenGarden

Using Blender you select some faces of your meshe, than press "U" and Blender unwrap the faces as an island in the best possible way :)

yahodahan and sjm-tech like this.
  5. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

+1 unwrap UV feature ...a must have for a complete uv mapping!

yahodahan likes this.
  6. yahodahan

yahodahan

Oh okay! Sure, we have two good options for that, and a third slightly different:

1) Use the "Planar" unwrap if the faces are mostly on the same plane
    2) Use the "Box" unwrap if some/majority of faces have normal directions more than 45 degrees offset
    3) Use the "Auto-Stitch" tool to click from one face to the next, gaining perfect unwrap per-face and stitches where desired, but more time-intensive

None of these are quite the same as a full "auto unwrap", for sure, but they do work very well and we're always looking into upgrading/updating the UV system as PB progresses, no worries :)

John-G, zenGarden and sjm-tech like this.
  7. zenGarden

zenGarden

@yahodahan
    It is possible to bring some option in Probuiler to choose a current default material ?
    For example i select a Wall material as default material, now each wall objects i will create will the wall material because it is the default one.Next i select Floor material as default material , so each objects i will create now will use the floor material.
    This would save lot of of drag and drop materials when there is lot of objects in the scene and we already have the materials ready to use.

yahodahan likes this.
  8. yahodahan

yahodahan

Yep, this already exists, in the Preferences panel! :)

upload_2016-7-29_10-41-8.png

Also, have you tried the Material Palette, which can store unlimited materials and gives the first 10 keyboard shortcuts? :)

upload_2016-7-29_10-41-52.png

zenGarden likes this.
  9. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Just picked up ProCore... good stuff! For a feature request I would love to see the Bevel work in real-time with the slider before committing, that way we're not undoing if it's too little/much.

I would also like to see a bevel rounding feature which would subdivide it along the bevel face, allowing a more rounded bevel that's uses subdivisions.

Anyways fantastic work!

bevel.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    TeagansDad likes this.
  10. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi Adamz- thanks very much!

Agreed on the "Live Bevel Adjust" request- we've chatted about this as well, would be a great addition. Hopefully we'll see it in PB2.X, otherwise, PB3.0 is on the horizon!

hopeful, John-G and docsavage like this.
  11. zenGarden

zenGarden

What could be PB3.0 to justify buying if already got ProBuilder ? Perhaps some overall interface rework with 3D view context menus like Maya ? New modeling tools like curves ? new UV Tools ?

12. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

Hi team.
    excuse me, on unity 5.5 beta probuilder said the following error.
    should i use probuilder on unity 5.4 at present? Thank you.

Assets/ProCore/ProBuilder/Editor/MenuItems/Actions/pb_StripProBuilderScripts.cs(73,20): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.EditorUtility' does not contain a definition for `SetSelectedWireframeHidden'

13. karl_

karl_

This has been fixed and an update will be out by the end of the week. For now I'd recommend sticking to 5.4 (at least until the update is out).

14. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

15. zenGarden

zenGarden

@yahodahan
    Sometimes when i need to select a face , Probuilder select a face of another Probuilder object that is under the first.
    Could we have an object lock feature, to tell Probuilder to work and select only faces on the locked object ?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  16. Selzier

Selzier

A new ProBuilder tutorial for an Arched Doorway and to celebrate 4K subscribers we are giving away a copy of ProBuilder Advanced! Thanks

17. Selzier

Selzier

New tutorial for how to build a 360 degree spiral staircase with ProBuilder! We also have announced our winner for the ProBuilder Giveaway:

cygnusprojects and julianr like this.
  18. snowcult

snowcult

19. yahodahan

yahodahan

@Selzier : awesome, thanks!!

@ShinfoK : sounds like you might have moved or deleted the texture? Try re-installing ProBuilder.

20. snowcult

snowcult

Unfortunately this keeps happening in new projects too, using the latest off the asset store btw. I've found the texture and made a new mat, but have to apply it to each new shape I create. It's not a significant problem, of course, just seems like a strange thing to be happening. Cheers.

21. yahodahan

yahodahan

Interesting, that definitely shouldn't happen. Would you mind creating a post with full details (version of Unity, version of PB, OS, other details you think might help) on our official Support Forum at "www.procore3d.com/forum"? We're moving all support and troubleshooting there, much easier to track and fix any issues that way. Thanks very much!

22. snowcult

snowcult

Sure thing, I'll do it a little later. Cheers!

23. erich202

erich202

Hey guys, is there any way to flatten selected vertices? Basically I want to cut this object in half (not exactly half, I'd like to play around with the height. Selecting the polys and moving them is nice, but I want them to be flat. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
    upload_2016-12-29_23-6-33.png

24. karl_

karl_

Here's one way you could do it.
    flatten.gif

snowcult likes this.
  25. erich202

erich202

Hmm, dang, nice, kind of sad to see how easy that was for you haha. I've been trying to do that and it doesn't flatten the vertices. It also doesn't select vertices on the other side of the object that aren't in view. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? http://imgur.com/a/IaNVn

26. karl_

karl_

Ah okay, I should have clarified. First step is making sure "Select Hidden" in the ProBuilder menu is enabled. That lets you drag select vertices that are hidden behind geometry. Next, the trick to scaling the vertices flat is holding the Control (Command on Mac) key to snap the handle increment. That way you're exactly even on the Y axis when the handle is at the origin.

27. mimminito

mimminito

Any news on a fix for 5.5? Just imported ProBuilder Advanced and im getting errors with shaders.

28. karl_

karl_

Yes, 2.6.7f4 was released fixing these errors.

mimminito likes this.
  29. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

Hi team. In ProbuilderAdvance, I have unused materials in the mesh.
    Is there a way to remove unused materials from the mesh?
    When I changed the material with Mesh Renderer, the material will be restored.

30. karl_

karl_

ProBuilder automatically sets the MeshRenderer materials array, so to remove unused materials all you need to do is make sure they're not applied to any face on your mesh.

31. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

Thank you very much! I try it.

32. ncho

ncho

33. karl_

karl_

Reading through the MegaSplat documentation it looks like there's a mesh conversion process, but it's not clear what exactly it changes about the mesh. All I can see is "MegaSplat requires specific data on each vertex in order to work", but no mention of what that data is.

If you can point me to where the specifications for a MegaSplat compatible mesh are I'd imagine it would be a fairly simple process to get it working since ProBuilder already has to "compile" meshes from it's internal format.

34. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

I just have some general workflow questions-

When creating a 3d level with Probuilder- is it better to have fewer complex probuilder objects? Or more, simpler probuilder objects to make up the level?

I'm having issues with my player passing through probuilder level objects in certain situations- its likely because of the mesh colliders- from what I understand its general practice to replace mesh colliders with compound colliders made of simple colliders- any tips on speeding up that process when using Probuilder? Thank you.

35. karl_

karl_

On the first question - the complicated answer is "it depends," but in a general sense it's usually better to merge geometry into batches.

On the colliders, you can select all your ProBuilder objects and select "Box Collider" in the pb_Entity inspector to set them all to box collisions. This of course won't be exactly matching your geometry, but it is a better start than where you're at currently.

imaginationrabbit likes this.
  36. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

Thx for the reply- as far as the colliders go- it would be an amazing feature if Probuilder could create a box collider around a selected poly- that would make manually creating primitive colliders for level geo so much easier- I've bought/tried 4 different assets this week that auto add colliders in one way or another but none of them can do the job-

37. c15leis

c15leis

Hi guys, I am sorry if I am offtopic but is Chamfer implemented yet?

38. karl_

karl_

@c15leis Yes, a simple Chamfer action is now available.

39. ncho

ncho

The developer of MegaSplat should have contacted you regarding this, just wondering if there is any update on the integration, not sure if it is ProBuilder or MegaSplat that has to be adapted.

40. karl_

karl_

It'd be changes on our end to make that work. I'm still considering the best approach to take - be it hard-coding a "MegaSplat Compatible" checkbox on each object or adding support for compile hooks to ProBuilder and making the modifications there. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Either way, we're still working on content to ship with next update and I believe MegaSplat support will be included in that.

41. zenGarden

zenGarden

It looks like we can only keep UV constant if we move one face only, if we select two faces and move them, the UV no more keeps constant on the neightbour faces.

This is the same issue with the cube that have been Bevel, moving one face up, only the sides keep UV constant while the center gets UV Streched.

Could this be improved ?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  42. karl_

karl_

This is an area that we're looking to improve soon, but at the moment the easiest method of UV-ing in my opinion is to just wait until your mesh is approximately finished and then Box Project it. For structures like this that are likely to be using a tiling texture that method works pretty well. You could also try out using Texture Groups, though that feature only works well on faces that are coplanar.

43. Dunkelheit

Dunkelheit

It is possible to change dynamically the texture to simulate animation like in old-school Dooms levels acid and water floor?

44. karl_

karl_

Yes - you could either do that with a shader or by swapping out the face material (or even just the texture) in script.

45. zenGarden

zenGarden

Before summer :D ?

46. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

Have a general workflow question-

How would you recommend handling structures that are seen from the inside as well as the outside? Right now I'm duplicating the object, flipping the normals and scaling it up slightly- it seems to work well- just wondering if there is a preferred way? Thanks.

47. gecko

gecko

I'm still learning ProBuilder, so hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question: I've made a mesh and I want it to blend into another mesh that it's sitting on. I *think* that the way to do this is with vertex color, painting alpha onto the edges of the mesh. But:

1) I'm painting on the mesh with the ProBuilder (Advanced) vertex color painting tool, and the mesh is not changing color under the brush. I've tried selecting various colors, and also alpha, no difference. I've tried selecting the Standard Vertex Shader and Diffuse Vertex Shader on the material, no difference.

2) Once I get that working...is this the way to accomplish what I want to do? If so...what would be the next step?

thanks much for any tips,
    Dave

vertex.jpg

48. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

You need to pick a shader that uses alpha for transparency. By the names I doubt that either of those do.

yahodahan likes this.
  49. gecko

gecko

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense for getting actual transparency from the vertext painting.... but the Tip on that Vertex Painting says that these shaders I tried should show the painted vertex colors on the mesh, but I don't see any colors, so I'm not even sure if I'm successfully painting on the mesh....

50. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hmm, scaling up will give you off-grid vertices, which would drive me crazy, but is technically just fine :D
    That's a perfectly fine solution, another option would be to build the outer geometry separately, since that is generally less detailed.

1) The mesh should change colors when painted...that is odd. This may be a technical issue/bug, could I bother you to post in our official Support Forum at "www.procore3d.com/forum" with full version info/etc? That's much easier for us to track, thanks very much!

2) I think a better option would be using a single mesh, and blending with something like Polybrush: procore3d.com/polybrush

There are no bad questions! :D Hope that helps!