Search Unity

[Released] Morph Character System (MCS) - Male and Female

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by berk-maketafi, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Just FYI the UVs are not compatible between our 1.0 figure and our 1.6 figure.

2. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Can you give me more details so I can help you out? Is this a content issue? What asset specifically, is the alpha injection mask loaded on that piece of clothing? Do you have any screenshots you can send me?

3. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

What lod setting do you have set currently? What happens if you set this to 0, hit play, then back to 1, then hit play. Does that fix the issue?

4. hopeful

hopeful

Understood. It's just that these are businesses here, and some people have production deadlines coming up, and maybe they can use the older version. ;)

5. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Send me a PM with your email please.

6. EDarkness

EDarkness

There's nothing special going on. I just added the clothes to the character like normal and the skin bleeds through the clothes. I haven't changed anything about the models except the material for a different design (one of the included ones). I don't think there's a texture in the injection mask script, but there isn't for any of the clothing pieces. If there's something that's supposed to be there, then I'll need to know what that is. I don't have any screens, but it's no different than any other screen I've posted from my game with poke-through.

7. Desoro

Desoro

There a few different public functions within the M3D Character Manager script that seem to pertain to changing content packs at runtime, however, none seem to cleanly add/remove content packs at runtime like can be done via the Inspector. Can you show me the intended script line to do this?

This is the result of my trial and error:

Code (CSharp):
    2. using MORPH3D;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class ArmorManager : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     [SerializeField] ContentPack[] packs;
    9.     public void AddArmor(int index)
    10.     {
    11.         M3DCharacterManager manager = GetComponentInChildren<M3DCharacterManager>();
    13.         manager.AddContentPack(packs[index]);
    14.     }
    16.     public void RemoveArmor(int index)
    17.     {
    18.         M3DCharacterManager manager = GetComponentInChildren<M3DCharacterManager>();
    20.         manager.RemoveContentPack(packs[index]);
    21.     }
    22. }
    But it doesn't seem to be the intended way, I have to manual reconstruct each pack in the "packs" array.

8. elvirais

elvirais

Yup, that's the problem.

9. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I just pulled these from an internal project and had an artist clean up some issues with them. They are very similar to what we released with the original Shadow Man and Voodoo Queen. The content team is going to find the original makeup for Shadow man and get that in.

FYI: these are preliminary and may not be the final alternate textures we ship later.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi5u41H4gStRmtIeElEZVF0dVk

Please let me know if you have any problems with them.

alternates.jpg

elvirais and XCO like this.
  10. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Any content that is missing an Alpha Mask in the "CIClothing" component should be reported so we can fix it. Generally only things on the head may omit masks or specific clothing (probably transparent clothing).

Here's how you can check.

Drag the clothing prefab onto the scene (or look at a clothing already attached to a figure). Find the CIclothing script, it's usually the 1st child of a clothing item. Look at the "Alpha Mask" slots; in most cases you'll only care about the BODY masks. There should be a black and white texture there. If it's missing, open up the project folder for the content, it will usually be in a folder like: Assets/MORPH3D/Content/{COLLECTION_NAME}/{ITEM_NAME}. Inside that folder you should see a AlphaInjection folder. Open that folder up and you should see a few black and white textures inside. Find the appropriately matching texture that will look something like "...{ITEM_NAME}...Body_LOD0-occlusion.png" drag that texture into the Alpha Mask: BODY slot. If you dragged this into the scene save the prefab now, if not, go to the figure's editor and find the clothing in the list and hide/show it to force alpha injection to resync.

If you want to fix it the best way, you can open up the .mon file that sits next to the prefab/fbx find the alpha_masks list in the JSON object and insert the texture in there and also insert an entry in the alpha_masks_key. For this I'd recommend looking at a piece of clothing that is correct.

That said, any clothing that doesn't already have these setup correctly should be fixed by us, if they are not let us know the specific content by opening a ticket so they can be permanently fixed.

If the alpha textures are not included in the item's AlphaInjection folder please let us know as well.

If all of these items do have the textures in the CIclothing but are still not working (even after toggling an item by hiding/showing it again) please let me know with more details and any additional log information that might exist, so that I can reproduce the issue and fix it in code.

Also note that in order for the alpha system to work, you must use one of our skin shaders (or add an appropriate clip/dscard/etc in your own shader that matches the same sampler as ours).

11. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

This is ridiculous. I am FUMING! I actually turned off notices for this thread because it gives me agida. Normally I'd just walk away, the money spent is money in the toilet. I won't spend another dime with these con artists, that goes without saying.

Morph3D actually drove me back to Adobe Fuse, and now that I know a little more about the nuts and bolts of figure creation I have a new appreciation of what Fuse can do, potentially combined with assets like SKINN and MOUNT POINTS.

With Fuse there's a conscious effort to provide real world people, including body scans of different ethnicities. If you don't like those you can make figures any color you want because the texture creator is built-in…. I can accept that Morph3D lives in a world where people are batfroggerbilpuppymonkeybabyvampires but never Black or Asian – well, no, I actually I'm feeling pretty damn judgy about that but whatever, you be you and I'll be somewhere else.

G.jpg

I dumped this product 6 months ago. I didn't even post when I lost money on 3rd-party support products Morph3D had yanked from the store, but this actually makes me mad enough to come back here and post. You are the WORST Morph3D. I am actually glad you drove me to a better product that gives me more control and isn't trying to bleed me for every nickel and dime while giving back LESS and LESS…. Adobe Fuse is FREE, and no creepy restrictions or trying to get me to make sales for them. More important, I'm getting better results.

neoshaman, Kaen_SG and hopeful like this.
  12. N0R7H

N0R7H

Short note from my side about those skin textures:
    I strongly believe that different skin colors should be part of the male and female base packages.
    The best would be if the skin could just be tinted in the way you want, with presets for the common colors.

But to why I am actually here right now:
    @jjanzer_morph
    I asked a while back (over a month ago, in fact) if there is any way on how one could use the deprecated Minotaur and Reptile characters with the new MCS release, or if there will be a 1.6 version of those characters at some point.
    Since your company started pushing new content to the asset store I assume that you have a bit more time now and would like to know about the situation with those two characters.
    Is a 1.6 version coming or do you have a workaround to use them together with 1.6? If so: When can we expect something?
    Also, can you give us an estimate on when the 1.6.x documentation will be ready, or did I just miss the release of that?

hopeful likes this.
  13. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I agree with you about including these in the base package, and in fact that is what our company is planning to do as well. We will ship them out as soon as we can. Tinting in our tool or on the shader would be nice, but it's something that you can still do offline in a program like Photoshop if desired so it hasn't been as big of a priority since there is a workaround. There are some tradeoffs for us to think about before we add features (cost of dev, cost of support, runtime performance, etc).

I looked at the alternate figures and it will be a bit of work to get these updated for 1.6. Right now the only workaround is to just use them as non-mcs style content or use them with 1.0 projects, not ideal but those are the only options until we get them updated. There are still some discussions ongoing about the future of those assets. I'll try to loop everyone back in once something final has been decided.

Documentation has started, I anticipate it being released in the next few weeks.

14. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Sorry about all the frustration you've been having and I'm glad you've found another tool that works for you. I'd love to say that we could get all of the ethnicities updated as quickly as possible but we have a lot of work to do for them to look great before we ship them. These projects are in the pipeline and they are moving forward, I'll let everyone know when they are near release.

XCO likes this.
  15. BitGamey

BitGamey

Here's something weird. If you take the standard 3D Male and drop him onto the standard Unity Third Person Controller, everything works ok...until you change the avatar to the one for 3D Male.

Once I change the avatar and run the character around (even on a standard Unity cube), he keeps trying to go into crouch mode and then straightening up again. It's a very strange issue, which I'm still reviewing, but as soon as I remove the avatar in the inspector (going back to the default), the issue disappears.

I tried this in a new project with Unity 5.5, MCS Male 1.6 and the standard Unity Ethan with 3rd Person Controller. I removed the transition in the animator controller from Grounded to Crouch and he stopped animating badly, but i could still see the checkbox for crouch checking and unchecking itself frantically, so the issue was still there.

16. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

WHAT ETHNICITIES? DON'T EVEN QUOTE MY POST WITH YOUR PATHOLOGICAL BULLCRAP!

There are NO ETHNICITIES, there NEVER WERE. You are a JOKE! I KNOW you did not grow up believing humans come in one color. Let me guess YOUR FROG TEXTURE WAS UPDATED, RIGHT...? YOUR ALIEN FUR BEAR TEXTURE WAS UPDATED, RIGHT...?

You have NO ethnic products. You HAD TWO dark skins hidden in racist exotic fantasy "bad guys", but THEN YOU FORGOT TO UPDATE THEM and you have NOTHING. Your company is a flaming trash pit. REFUND MY MONEY YOU SCAM ARTISTS!

neoshaman likes this.
  17. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

18. XCO

XCO

I do think that with the power of MORPH 3D and a bit of Photoshoping one can achieve many different types of races. :)

19. hopeful

hopeful

Actually, the Reptilian and Minotaur models were pulled from the UAS, so ... they're not making as many accomplishments in that area as you might think. ;)

wetcircuit likes this.
  20. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you contact customer support for a refund I'll make sure your refund goes through. If you want you can PM me directly and I'll handle it for you personally.

Artaani and Kaen_SG like this.
  21. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Try setting the following values:

In the capsule collider on the figure set the y to 1, height 2, radius 0.25 (or whatever you feel is appropriate)

In the Third Person Character component, set the Ground Check Distance to a value that exceeds the hip height, eg: 1.5 or something like that.

22. swansonator

swansonator

Normally I'd be the first one to evangelize Adobe since I've spent the last 10 years earning a living primarily using their software. However let me describe the difference between big corporations and "little" guys like Morph. Adobe has so many irons in the fire that a pet project like Fuse can be scrapped without notice. You can proceed with them all you want but just remember that all it takes is an executive to decide to change direction just a little bit and suddenly Fuse disappears. Doesn't matter how many millions they sink into the software, they don't depend on it to survive. Also have you ever tried complaining about anything specific let alone general? Ever see that problem get fixed within a few weeks or maybe a few days? Morph may not have deep pockets but they do have a dedicated team, they may not have all the fixes at their fingertips but they at least are dedicated to fixing all of it in the long haul. It's kinda like dating: you can learn to be patient, spend a bit of your own money, communicate your needs, appreciate their commitment and look at the big picture, or you can just "dump them" for a wealthy alternative, who doesn't care what you need or think, gives you everything on a silver platter and makes life brainlessly easy, but can leave you at a moment's notice for the next thing that catches their eye. And if you still think Fuse is the bees knees then I'll add that no one thinks their characters look half as good as Morph characters.

23. magique

magique

They can also start charging a fee at any time. It's only free while they continue to develop the Adobe version. At some point it's going to be a part of their subscription model and you'll have to pay. No idea when that'll happen, but I'm sure it will.

24. hopeful

hopeful

I would have much preferred it if Morph3D had worked out. Adobe is not my cup of tea, but unfortunately, now that the EULA has changed, Morph3D isn't either.

Kaen_SG and wetcircuit like this.
  25. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Nice list of strawmen there but of course compared to the reality of Morph3D it's a fantasy. MAYBE Adobe will be mean to us (but they haven't been, actually they made it free. I don't even pay for CC, but if they decide to make it a paid service again I'll consider it). MAYBE Adobe will be cruel monsters one day (yeah ok, gods sometimes step on ants, I guess). But then you have Morph3D that hasn't EVER worked since day one, and LIED about the release date of the took kit, said it would be available "tomorrow" (it's on video, I posted it in this thread) turned out a YEAR whut WHUT? LOOOL. This thread is a joke, your defense is a fantasy. Why are you even bothering? Stolkholm Syndrome? How much money did you lose?

The skills I learn using Fuse stay with me. I can adapt to ANY base figure. And the sculpts are my own (forever, no strings attached).... With MCS you are dialing some morphs and re-using the 1 texture??? LOL ok. The money I invested in MCS is gone forever and I still don't have the product I paid for. I mean the clothes are nice when they don't have holes. I'm sure your customers will enjoying buying them.

So your argument is: a product that works fine and is currently free vs a product that never worked with insane licensing restrictions bordering on a fraudulent business scam? GOSH, LET ME THINK ABOUT THAT. HMMMMMMMM. and some more HMMMMMMMMMM. just for laughs I'll think one more time HMMMMMMMM.

Nope, gonna have to go with the product that actually works over the trainwreck that doesn't. That really wasn't much of a challenge. Maybe YOU should think about it?

Oh, and since you tried to insult my work, let's see your MCS figures? We'll hold a little contest and hear what everyone says about your MCS content vs my Fuse content, ehh? Beauty Contest, Bro? Naturally we'll use *original* content, so when you get that whole issue worked out with MCS, pay them whatever they demand (did they ever say a price?) and they allow you to use their figure as more than a showroom dummy for their store, come talk to me.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    neoshaman and Kaen_SG like this.
  26. GeekCats

GeekCats

@jjanzer_morph

I asked 2 times for support, and still no solution. I bought the personal trainer, because the white material. This material was avaliable in 1.0, but now is missing. I really need this, please can you put in Google Drive? Or release a new update? In asset store you show this material, so, they must be available!

Personal Trainer.jpg

27. N0R7H

N0R7H

Seriously, you have to calm down for a minute.
    Jesse already told you to contact their customer support for a full refund. He even offered you to make sure you get the refund if you PM him. What else do you want?

I am not happy about some parts of the EULA as well, but you are taking all this way too personally...

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Razzle_Dazzle3D and IanAtMorph3D like this.
  28. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

Artist Tools users, we've pushed out version 1.0.2 of Artist Tools. Download here.

Release notes:
    Patches:
    • Material assignments were not persistent, this has been corrected
    • Double Sided shader was not being used when assets were imported into a Unity project, corrected
    • Blender generated .fbxs with transforms now import correctly, this should fix overlap mask generation
    • Metallic map textures now display correctly
    • Corrects auto-skinning issue that causes an item to not be saved

Features:
    • Adds additional information to mesh inspector panel

29. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

I just PM'd you a link with the mats, sorry that the materials were missing. I'll make sure the main asset gets these back in ASAP.

GeekCats likes this.
  30. Ranter1337

Ranter1337

Is there a way to create custom props for the system? For instance, i have a sword i want to attach to the morph3d character, but i do not know how to set up the props. More tutorials for this kind of stuff would be super helpful.

31. EDarkness

EDarkness

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, adding the black and white mask to the pants didn't work. Nothing has changed and skin still pokes through the clothes. This is especially evident when the character is moving. I started off with using the Morph3D basicSkin shader and the Morph3D 2-sided shader for the clothes. This didn't work. I tried different shader configurations without any luck either. To be honest, this hasn't worked since I first downloaded Morph3D years ago and nothing you guys have suggested has worked, either. I think finding a practical solution would be better at this point.

32. XCO

XCO

May I ask, if we buy a character from a 3D store like Turbo Squid and we have royalty free rights to do as we please and alter that character can we use that characters cloths. I mean can we take there models and use it with the artist tool to put that characters cloths in our game ?

Or is this a question I should ask the person whos model im interested in using ?

33. Relouse8

Relouse8

Hello, I downloaded Unity 5.6 and remarked error with content packs. When I make character smaller, cloth doesn't fit for him. I tried a lot of clothes, but nothing don't working. How can I fix it? IMG_20042017_090210_0.png

34. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

Hi, I realized the slider in your script was controlling the LOD and i set it back to 1 and it was OK again in game, I think it was also the same LOD in the editor, but didn't realize?

But I have a new issue, Since Instantiating my Player Prefab the Skin texture is Magenta ie missing, there are 3 messages. My already in scene instance is fine. Hope this is an easy one to resolve.

I appreciate your help, thanks

M3D_No_Skin.JPG

35. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

If you examine the .mon file that sits next to the .fbx/.prefab of a prop you can use that as a guide. There isn't any current docs/tutorials on this at the moment though. Currently I'd suggest simply attaching the item directly to a bone until we redesign the prop system (which will then be integrated into Artist Tools).

36. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

There are a few other options we looked at and have prototyped but we haven't released them yet. In the mean time is there a way you could send me a project that reproduces this issue in the smallest case so I can fix it for you?

37. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

Can you tell me what asset that is and if you have any output in your console log can you copy and paste that here?

38. jjanzer_tafi

jjanzer_tafi

The easiest way to fix that is to replace the prefab and/or re-import the figure fbx. An alternate way that ma fix it involves adding back the materials to the mesh's material slots in the body lods in the scene graph, but I believe after doing so you'd also need to call something like: charMan.alphaInjection.ForceCurrentMaterialsIntoOriginals(); to flush out the old references to the materials.

39. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

Holly,

jjanzer has offered you a full refund on your purchases so long as you contact us via a customer support ticket or a PM to one of the Morph representatives in this thread. Although this directly violates our refund policy, I would be more than willing to honor this request if you were to follow up with one of us.

Here is the link to open a ticket with us: https://morph3dhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

To send a private message, go into your Unity account, navigate to your inbox, select "Start a New Conversation", and enter in any Morph 3D affiliated user name at the top of the inbox.

If you have any further grievances to air, you may take them up with myself, jjanzer_morph, or Moprh_JN through a personal message.

EDIT: I have included the quote requesting a refund for further clarification

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  40. EDarkness

EDarkness

My project is huge, so there really isn't a way to simulate exactly what it's going without loading up the project as a whole. Of course, the issue may be my computer since it's a Mac and a Mac Mini. There could be any number of things going on. I made a build of my game for Windows and I'm going to see what this looks like there. I know that the Mac version (at least running on my machine) isn't working like it should.

41. Wtyson

Wtyson

Have an issue with the artist tools transforms not being rotated correctly when importing a fbx model from blender im using the most recent version of the artist tools. and this is not a mew mesh either i was just altering the lower harness of the waste lands package to get rid of the guns that are in the holsters. so im using all the same rotations and positions as the original model had.any way to fix this so its not rotated 90 degrees in the artist tools. i have tested this with multiples of the already premade morph3d stuff and every time i export anything from blender the rotation is off by 90 degrees and lays on the floor behind the model facing up. is there a way to fix this?

42. IanAtMorph3D

IanAtMorph3D

Follow this link to our presentation that covers using blender with Artist Tools. Also, make sure you're using the latest version of AT 1.0.2.

43. Whippets

Whippets

I can see a lot of flaming and anger, but can I ask objectively if the base male and female will come with a range of ethnic skins; preferably scans, but will accept hand painted if that's all that can be done. Diversity is very much lacking at the moment. I would also ask if a good range of scanned skins will be available in a separate pack (as we don't want a dozen identical people from any given race running round). I don't believe scans are difficult or expensive to make for a company selling a custom character solution.

Kaen_SG likes this.
  44. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

I apologize for any potential redundancy if Janzer has already addressed your issue in a previous post or a PM - if you open a ticket with us concerning this, I could supply you with the 1.0 versions of any MCS product that you've purchased if this will better assist you in your current project.

45. Razzle_Dazzle3D

Razzle_Dazzle3D

We agree with you, diversity and representation are essential. As Janzer noted in an earlier post, we do plan on shipping a range of ethnic skins with the base figure as soon as we are able. If you'd like, I can PM you individually as soon as we have an update on this matter?

For the time being, you're more than welcome to download and test these skins that Janzer put together to get an idea of what to expect in the near future regarding this:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi5u41H4gStRmtIeElEZVF0dVk

Whippets likes this.
  46. Whippets

Whippets

Thanks, that's great news. You can PM me anytime that's cool. I'll have a look at the test skins too, ty.

Razzle_Dazzle3D likes this.
  47. retired

retired

Hello, I am having an issue with changing skins/materials. When I apply zombie/fur/reptile skin to the morph 3d character and save my prefab, the skin eventually reverts back to the default caucasian skin. To reproduce, create a prefab from M3DMale, change the materials to the Lizard skin, apply the changes to the prefab, drag it into your library, delete the prefab from the scene, drag the prefab back into the scene, hit apply to update/save it, delete it, drag back into scene, it reverts back to caucasian skin. Basically updating the prefab with a different skin, reverts it to default. Any idea what causes this thank you.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    BitGamey likes this.
  48. ZenMicro

ZenMicro

charMan.alphaInjection.ForceCurrentMaterialsIntoOriginals(); Where do i access this from?

I readded the LOD0 materials as suggested but i do not know where to call the ForceCurrentMaterialsIntoOriginals from. what is charMan? Should there be a button in one of your scripts to reset this?

49. Rarceth

Rarceth

Hi, im having a major issue with the M3D Male pack, (havent tested with female). Had it working in 5.5, but going to 5.6 made it turn out like this (see attached pic). Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

• t2.PNG
      t2.PNG
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  50. N0R7H

N0R7H

Yep, MCS is not ready for 5.6 yet.
    Maybe @jjanzer_morph can provide an estimate on when this will be ready?
    Because I would like to know when it will be ready, too!