Search Unity

[RELEASED] Minibuffer Console

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by shanecelis, Aug 20, 2017.

1. shanecelis

shanecelis

I first posted about this project as a work in progress over a year ago. It has come a long way since, and I'm proud to announce that Minibuffer Console has been released onto the asset store! Here's a short video of it in action along with its blurb and feature list. If those whet your appetite, the documentation is quite comprehensive. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Minibuffer is a developer console for Unity. It is designed to help developers and testers exercise their game in the multitude of ways that making a game requires. It does this by allowing one to define interactive commands, variables, and key bindings for use at runtime. An input prompt—that is, a minibuffer—offers tab completion, history, groups, and annotations. Tab completion with type coercion and lookup avoids tedious string handling and returns the objects of interest. Interrogate Minibuffer at runtime to show its available commands, variables, and key bindings. Minibuffer delivers a consistent, discoverable, and extensible UI for developers and testers that is easy to integrate.

Core Features
    • Write and run commands
    • Input prompt
      • Tab completion
      • History
      • Type coercion and lookup
    • Bind keys to commands
    • Get and set variables
    • One window
      • Multiple buffers
    Auxiliary Features
    Documentation
    For more information please see Minibuffer's documentation.