Search Unity

[Released] Lowpoly Style Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chassets, May 9, 2017.

1. chassets

chassets

Hey guys!

Check out my lowpoly series, currently available is the desert environment, woodland environment, the arctic tundra environment, a forest, a tropical island and a asia themed environment. I am open to suggestions for other landscapes, something tropical, vulcanic or alien?

[Asset Store Links]

[Cliffy Coast Pack - NEW]
    LPS_C__0097_screen_3840x2160_2020-04-05_21-50-14.png
    http://u3d.as/1PLy

[Asia Pack]

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/landscapes/lowpoly-style-asia-pack-137062

[Forest Pack]

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/98307

Build your own forest levels and landscapes with this asset pack! A massive demoscene is also included. The pack contains a lot of assets: lots of Plants, Rocks, Mountains, Trees, Mushrooms, Camps, Flowers, Torches, Bridges, Particle Effects und much more.
    The demo level has three different areas: the hidden forest with waterfall and lake, the cave and the ravine at the top.
    Performance: Everything shares one material and one texture, so everything can be batched together to save draw calls. That applies also to all other Lowpoly Style packs - you can even mix them together!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Novack and DevMember like this.
  2. chassets

chassets

[Alpine Woodland Pack]
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/87894
    Requires Unity 5.0.0 or higher.

Build your own Mountain or Woodland levels and landscapes with this asset pack! A demoscene is also included. The pack contains a lot of assets: Plants, Rocks, Mountains, Trees, Buildings, Camps & Tents, Walls, Particle Effects und much more.

Performance: Everything shares one material and one texture, so everything can be batched together.

Here are some Screenshots for the Woodland pack:

a9659fb8-f3f3-4a4d-8214-4890e59c16a5_orig_0003_Background.jpg a9659fb8-f3f3-4a4d-8214-4890e59c16a5_orig_0002_3642d29d-b26d-4c05-9a80-f6b4c0e708e5_orig.jpg a9659fb8-f3f3-4a4d-8214-4890e59c16a5_orig_0001_b3fb1198-4257-43bf-a0d8-13468c219903_orig.jpg a9659fb8-f3f3-4a4d-8214-4890e59c16a5_orig_0000_00edc28b-1622-4cd2-b752-3231990e236f_orig.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    DevMember and Arkade like this.
  3. chassets

chassets

[Desert Pack]
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/83190
    Requires Unity 5.0.4 or higher.

Build your own Desert or WildWest levels and landscapes with this asset pack! The demoscene (see screenshots or video) is also included. The pack contains a lot of assets: Plants, Rocks, Mountains, Sand Dunes, Buildings, Camps & Tents, Walls / Pallisades, Particle Effects and much more.

Performance: Everything shares one material and one texture, so everything can be batched together.

Here are some screenshots from the desert pack:

1.png 2.png 3.png 11.png 12.png

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Not_Sure likes this.
  4. chassets

chassets

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Not_Sure likes this.
  5. Arkade

Arkade

Desert looks nice but I'll be keeping my eye peeled for these two :)

6. chassets

chassets

Thanks, woodland pack should be available in a couple of days. I hope I can finish the tundra pack in the next 2 or 3 weeks =)

7. chassets

chassets

FYI: Had to resubmit the Woodlands environment again, hope it doesn't take to long until it is available.

8. chassets

chassets

Good news, the alpine woodland pack is now available, see the link in the top post :)

Apparently resubmitting is way faster in terms of review duration.

Arkade likes this.
  9. Arkade

Arkade

Looks lovely. Great that they all share a texture too. I'm fascinated how you did that *and* managed to get little details (e.g. silver birch trunk triangles)? Is that 3 extra vertices or a triangle in texture map and some really careful UV tweaking?

10. chassets

chassets

There are a few vertices/uvs for this which are mapped to another gradient on the texture, as you suspected with the birch trees :)

11. chassets

chassets

Here's a very early preview of the colder environment. Keep in mind this is super WIP though ;-)
    early preview.PNG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  12. Pecek

Pecek

This is really beautiful, I love the subtle gradients.

13. chassets

chassets

Thank you very much!

I made good progress on the snowy environment, I'll post a couple of screens soon.

Btw. thanks a ton to everyone who purchased the packs so far, the woodland pack skyrocketed to the most popular asset in the "Landscape" category super fast, I hope you guys enjoy the assets!

14. chassets

chassets

Some progress, this is getting a bit bigger than I expected :D

Hope you will like it, here's another WIP screen. Unbenannt.PNG

15. chassets

chassets

New WIP-Image: Added a few market stands and carts to populate the village.
    Unbenannt.png

16. chassets

chassets

Winter pack is ready for release soon! Just a couple of things left. Also, there will be updates with bonus models for desert & woodland packs in the near future. upload_2017-5-30_11-17-45.png

17. chassets

chassets

18. chassets

chassets

FYI: Winter package has been submitted, hopefully it won't take to long.

19. qndat

qndat

these assets are really amazing, may I ask when will the winter scene published? I am a new user, when I open the scene, it looks dark how to get the effect like you showed on the web? they are bright and lively. is the environment need to bake?
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/304133781076162578/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  20. chassets

chassets

Hi! Glad you like it!

The reason for this is the following: Unity does not allow me to upload image effects to the asset store (due to potential version incompatibility issues).

There is a readme with instructions included that shows my exact settings from the screenshots - should be located in the root folder, it's a PDF. You should be able to get it to look the same as in the screenshots in a few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is apparently the only way.

The winter environment has been submitted a couple of days ago, Unity Asset Store staff usually need two weeks to review the packs, so hopefully next week - but that's just guessing :D

If you require further assistance, you can reach me easily via my publisher mail.

Thanks!

PS: From now on the packs will feature the new Post Processing Stack from Unity, so in the future you can use the post processing profile that is included in the packs. The winter pack will already have such a profile included, that should make it even easier to get the same look in a few moments.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  21. chassets

chassets

22. chassets

chassets

23. Arkade

Arkade

Winter scene looks lovely as always. Two questions/requests:

1. Does it include versions without snow? (I use Snowify asset to make my own destructible snow so can't have it fixed).
    2. Any chance you plan modern style props? (Rather than the fantasy theme (castle, old buildings, etc))
    Thx

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  24. chassets

chassets

Thanks!

Some of them have a snow free version, but most of them have the snow on the mesh - I'll think about seperating it, so users could disable enable it or make a script to change seasons.

The medieval theme is just a personal preference, maybe I could do a small modern town scene next, thanks for the input! I'll put it on my list, if you or anybody else has ideas for new packs, just shoot :) They are a lot of fun to create and I'll absolutely want do do a couple more of these.

Arkade likes this.
  25. Exeneva

Exeneva

If I buy the mega pack and you make a volcanic pack later, will it be included?

I was actually curious in a sci-fi TRON-like low poly pack :eek:

26. JonBanana

JonBanana

Wonderful assets ! I think i ll buy too :)

Just a question,

Does the winter theme include the mountains ?

27. chassets

chassets

Probably, although I think that the 3 main themes (desert - hot, forest - normal climate, winter - cold) are a good pack as they are right now for most games. Sci-fi also sounds like a cool direction for one of the next packs, hope I have more time to do something new soon!

Glad you like 'em! Sure, everything is included that you can see on the screenshots. They are from the demoscenes, that are also included.

28. colemanation

colemanation

Hey,

The packs looks amazing just want to know if you used unity terrains and if so do you include the grass, desert and snow textures in the pack.

29. chassets

chassets

No, I did not use unity terrain. Everything you see is included, there is also only one texture for everything (snow, grass, desert environments combined!).

I never really liked the unity terrain, also I do not think that you can achieve the low-poly hardened edge style with it. For the winter environment for example, I just used a few modular, reusable meshes to model the landscape the way I wanted. The scenes are all included, so you can check out how I did it.

30. MOAI_

MOAI_

I was looking at the meshes in the alpine woodland terrain and saw something called the qubic rock, except I couldn't see any of them in the screenshots or the playable demo so id like to know what their purpose is before I decide on getting this :p

31. chassets

chassets

Actually, you can see them in all of the screenshots :) I used them for some of the mountains and the cliffs and some other rock formations. They are modeled in a way so that they look different from each side, which makes them very reusable.

32. chassets

chassets

Also I'd like to encourage buyers to rate / review the assets, and I'd like to offer a small "thank you" in form of a unity asset. Email or PM me in this case :)

33. tr1stan

tr1stan

Hi holzay, for those house in your asset, are they enterable?

34. chassets

chassets

Hello Tristan!
    At the moment, the wooden houses have interiour and can be entered.

Best regards

35. chassets

chassets

The next pack is pretty much done, I'll post a few screenshots soon.

And because a lot of people requested something more futuristic: the pack after that will be a sci-fi sience outpost on a hostile planet, stay tuned!

Exeneva likes this.
  36. chassets

chassets

as promised, a preview of the upcoming stuff, hope you like it! Forest_0005_screenshot_08-20_23-33-18.jpg

DevMember likes this.
  37. chassets

chassets

38. DevMember

DevMember

Speechless,
    I like that very much. Everything is matching good with each other.
    Wonderful atmosphere and design. Good work soldier xD
    Keep it up ;--)

39. chassets

chassets

Thank you very much! Glad you like it.
    I'll keep it up - already working on the next one :D

DevMember likes this.
  40. IvyKun

IvyKun

Looks good!

One quick question, does it require any light to see the real shape of things (like edges in rocks or the shape/curve of the leaves)? Or it will look good with an unlit shader?

I plan on using it in a mobile game and I'm used to work with mobile/unlit or mobile/diffusse shaders or similar. With no light in the scene.

41. chassets

chassets

You still see the facets/polys with the mobile / diffuse, even when you do not use a light due to the ambient from either skybox or a gradient in lighting settings. When using a unlit shader, the hard edges are not painted in the texture (wouldn't really be possible, since everything shares the same texture for performance and batching), so this would look pretty flat I guess.Haven't used it with mobiles since I mostly do PC / VR stuff, but a few people already did as I know from mails. But as always, the best results would be achieved with a directional light for the sun (and maybe baking the scene) like in the screenshots above.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  42. VarelaByakko

VarelaByakko

I like your environment. I bought the Mega Pack. I think you forgot to put the camera in Artic Tundra Demo.

I have a few question

Could you make a Post-Processing Profile for Alpine Woodlands and Desert? I tried to make like the screenshot
    What software did you make these environtment? Blender, 3ds Max or other?
    I can't wait your next low poly projects but I have a question about the forest and futurist.
    Will they be in the mega pack?

43. chassets

chassets

Hi!

Check out the readme on the woodlands and desert packs, there are the post processing settings included. I'll put it on my list though, so it is easier (the post processing is basically the same for all 3 packs, just the color correction is a bit different).

I create everything in maya, max or other suites, depending on which PC I work. I don't have decided yet if they will be in the mega pack. I think the price of the megapack is really competitive as it is right now, and I dont want to change its price by adding more packs. Also I think the 3 climate zones are a good match for this pack. Maybe there'll be a sci fi megapack - but als always I will include the option to upgrade to the megapacks at the same price of the megapack, so it is fair for everyone no matter when you purchase.

44. chassets

chassets

45. VarelaByakko

VarelaByakko

Thank for your answer and congratulation for your forest pack!

Yes, I read the readme but it has more info for Legacy Cinematic Image Effects than Post Processing Stack (PPS). And obvious look a bit different in color and some value is different too.

For example,
    Bloom has the default value like Radius of 2 and Intensity of 0.7 in Legacy while the other is 4 and 0.5.

Vignette has Intensity of 0.949 and smoothness of 0.519 in Legacy while the other, I put 0.316 and 0.173 due the range in Legacy is [0,3] and PPS is [0,1]. I clicked on Motion Blur in PPS because Vignette doesn't have Blur.

Anti-Aliasing, it doesn't have Subpixel method but I left default and look better.

Eye Adaptation, is not the same in Legacy.

Tonemapping, there is not Photographic but I chose Filmic (ACES), post exposure (EV) in 1.59.

Color Grading, the circle color is not the same in Legacy.

By the way, the TundraPostProcessingProfile is not configured.

Have you think to make a low poly island like it has a beach and a volcano?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  46. chassets

chassets

Thanks for posting your values, I'll already put creating a post processing profile on my list. Once I can get a bit of a break from my job, I'll do it. What do you mean by "TundraPostProcessingProfile is not configured"? Does it not have the right values? Looks ok to me.
    Back when I created the first packs, there was no Post Processing Stack avaiable, that is the reason why it is that way in the older packs.

Yes, a tropical seychelles-like island would be nice, thank you for the idea. Wish I had more free time to create all that :D

47. VarelaByakko

VarelaByakko

About the TundraPostProcessingProfile, this doesn't have the right values. It's in default value .

I'll wait for your next update. Thank!

48. chassets

chassets

Thanks for reporting it, but it looks ok for when I open it up. Might I ask which unity version this occurs and which post processing stack version you are using?

49. VarelaByakko

VarelaByakko

Unity 2017.1.1 and Post Processing Stack 1.04.
    I uploaded a image to see that TundraPostProcessingProfile has unchecked and deafult value.

Attached Files:

50. IvyKun

IvyKun

I saw you did that for the desert too, but not for the Alpine Woodland. Could you do it? Having just the BASE_TERRAIN as the terrain/floor makes it really difficult to change and customize.

I want to make my own environments using the prefabs, I will do it with the artic and desert environment but I would love to be able to do it with the Alpine woodland as well. I guess just having a plane as floor and a couple of hills (like in artic/desert) will be enough.

How is it done in the Low poly style forest? If is like in artic/desert I will just buy that and use it with some alpine woodland prefabs.

Thanks!