Search Unity

[RELEASED] LipSync Pro and Eye Controller - Lipsyncing and Facial Animation Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rtyper, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Fluffy-Tails

Fluffy-Tails

Thank you for your help trasher :3

I believe I did read about the author of this asset is working on providing LipSync without the need for an audio file?
    Correct me if I am wrong about this.

The good news is that we are currently working on base models and it will take some time, so finding support from an asset to do what we are achieving is beneficial while we get to know our base meshes and the technical considerations we have to make to accommodate what we are looking for.

Currently, I believe support for Mega-Fiers and non-audio sources would be a huge benefit for us.

There is no doubt we intend to use LipSync Pro for LipSync, that much is obvious because it is so awesome.
    However, we also want to dive right into making our artwork come alive when its ready instead of hunting for solutions, which is why I am looking for one.

At this point, I would enjoy getting a response from the author as well for clarity.

2. Rtyper

Rtyper

@Janet Merai Sorry for the late reply! I think @trasher258 is right, LipSync Pro probably isn't the right package for that. It doesn't do any manual mesh deformation on its own, it controls blend shapes and bones based on animations usually (but not necessarily) synced to audio.

3. MatanBN

MatanBN

Hi we found a little bug that happend, when we enlarge the clip editor while we are zoomed in, unity crashes

4. Rtyper

Rtyper

Thanks, I hadn't come across that before. I'm putting the fix for it into the next patch.

In the meantime, go into LipSyncClipSetup.cs and find this line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. waveform = AudioUtility.GetWaveForm(clip, 0, (int)(fileLength * (position.width / (viewportEnd - viewportStart))), (position.height - waveformHeight) - 18);
    then replace it with this one:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. waveform = AudioUtility.GetWaveForm(clip, 0, (int)Mathf.Clamp(fileLength * (position.width / (viewportEnd - viewportStart)), 0, maxWaveformWidth), (position.height - waveformHeight) - 18);
    That will stop the waveform preview from going over the limit set in the clip editor settings page and crashing.

5. nahie

nahie

I can't seem to download the Flux extensions. It says server 500 error?

6. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

I am trying to implement a custom blend system.
    I have already sent you an email and I am waiting for an answer.
    I am trying to make a custom 2d sprite system with more than 1 sprite when going from one pose to another.
    But I get some weird SetBlendableValue logs.
    It should increment one mouth phoneme and then decrements it and go to the other one right?
    It doesn't do that, it increments 3 phonemes at the same time???

7. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

I see a lot of our blog posts lost due to the unsuccessful attempt of forums redesign.

8. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

I'm using MakeHuman to make characters at the moment, and using a plugin to import the mhx2 into blender to get the blend shapes to work. His is then exported to fbx.

I have a problem when I use both the base mesh, and teeth as an optional mesh. Instead of appending the blend shapes from the teeth mesh to the list of blend shapes, it adds this to id 0 (brow_mid_down_left). Moving the teeth also moves the left eyebrow. Looks kinda funky :p

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  9. Rtyper

Rtyper

LipSync Pro 1.2 is now done! The update has been submitted to the asset store and will be available soon. In the meantime, you can get the update from the LipSync website now.
    Here's the change list for this release:

Features
    - AutoSync Language Models can now contain their own phoneme mapper, which will be used instead of the default.
    - (Unity 5.3 +) New tool for creating a mesh with blend shapes from several normal meshes.
    - Improvements to how Blend Systems work:
    - Different components on the same object can now use different Blend Systems.
    - Blend System selection, command buttons etc are now standardised.
    - Unused Blend Systems now remove themselves immediately - no more phantom components.
    - Blend Systems can now inform BlendSystemUsers when the list of reported blendables has changed.
    - Added ResetEmotion method to LipSync for blending back to neutral after setting a custom emotion.
    - Clip Editor Keyboard Shortcuts are now fully re-bindable from the settings page.
    - Clip Editor toolbar can be customised from external scripts for use in extensions.
    - Clip Editor now supports rect selection of markers.
    - SpriteManager components now display a message when not used by any SpriteBlendSystem.

Fixes
    - Fixed stack overflow from recursive GUI rendering when inspecting multiple components using pose editors.
    - Fixed detection of differences in emotions between characters and project settings. New ones are now always correctly added and missing ones are marked as such.
    - Fixed bug where old LipSyncData files without a set length would cause ArrayOutOfBounds exceptions in the inspector.
    - Fixed Pose Extractor Wizard's dependency on being used from a LipSync component.
    - Fixed playing LipSync clips with a delay when the clip does not contain audio.
    - Fixed NullReference on the reset delegate when first adding a LipSync component.
    - Eye Controller's keepEyesClosed bool now functions correctly with PoseBased mode.
    - Added warning to prevent errors when trying to export outside the assets folder.

Changes
    - Merged all Unity versions into single package using preprocessor directives. No more re-downloading when changing Unity versions!
    - Added sorting options to the Extensions window.
    - Added dummy "BonesOnly" Blend System as a convenience for bone rigs where you don't need any blend system features.
    - Gestures animator layer is now additive by default.
    - Removed unused 'using' declarations in scripts.

I'm afraid not, the blendshape blend system expects all meshes to have the same set of blendshapes on them. I'll look into this for the next patch though - see if there's a simple way to allow a different blendshape to be picked for each mesh.

10. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

This looks interesting! Can you expand on this item (or link me to a post or page with more details)? I'm wondering if this is something similar to what I've done before in Maya LT, but in an automated fashion in the Unity editor. I will be thrilled, if that's the case. :)

11. Rtyper

Rtyper

Sure! It's actually a feature I was planning from about a year ago, but Unity's Mesh API didn't support it back then. It's an editor window that lets you take a base mesh and a number of other meshes and save out a new mesh with all the secondary meshes as blend shapes.

LipSync Blendshape Baker.png
    The mesh it saves works pretty much exactly like any other (but only in Unity, as it's a .Asset file). There are a few limitations from how the API works, so all the meshes have to have the same number of vertices, normals and tangents for it to work, and all the vertices have to be in the same order, otherwise it'll go kinda crazy when blending between them!

wetcircuit and chiapet1021 like this.
  12. chiapet1021

chiapet1021

@Rtyper this is awesome! I'm not an artist, so I was only paying my Maya LT subscription for this purpose. Being able to do it via LipSync Pro will be so much easier/cheaper/better. Thank you!

13. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

Excellent. I'll see if I can fix this on my side in the meantime. Haven't really worked with blendshapes before.

14. Btok365

Btok365

So... I got a problem, I'm actually using SLATE extension and using the 'Speech' functionality, so that actually works, but Emotion doesn't do anything at all, and also in Lipsync Clip Editor the emotions made in using the option 'Create Pose form AnimationClip' doesn't work (only those made with 'Bone Transform')... the problem is that there isn't a error message in console. So, I don't really know if I'm actually doing something wrong with the setting of Lipsync. Do you have any documentation about SLATE extesion setting or Cinema Director (I can't do that it works)

15. Rtyper

Rtyper

LipSync Pro 1.2 and 1.201 (minor patch) have just gone live in the Asset Store!
    Release notes for 1.2 are a couple of posts up, here's 1.201:

- Improved Clip Editor toolbar customisation: delegate now includes reference to the editor.
    - Fixed emotion marker blend in/outs displaying the wrong colour when highlighted.
    - Fixed realtime preview to update when settings on the target character change.

The Slate integration was actually created by Paradox Notion, so I'm not 100% familiar with how it all works, but what I can say for sure is that there shouldn't be any difference between poses made by hand and those made using create pose from animation clip. I'll have a look into this myself, but in the meantime I'd recommend downloading the latest version of LipSync Pro from the asset store, and making sure you've got the newest Slate integration from here: http://slate.paradoxnotion.com/downloads/

16. Btok365

Btok365

I've got this error message when mixing emotions in the Clip Editor, the character stops speaking (not always) and the emotions doesn't start.

Code (CSharp):
    1. KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    2. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,RogoDigital.Lipsync.EmotionShape].get_Item (System.String key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)
    3. RogoDigital.Lipsync.LipSync.ProcessData () (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/Components/LipSync.cs:952)
    4. LipSyncClipSetup.UpdatePreview (Single time) (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/Editor/LipSyncClipSetup.cs:2568)
    5. LipSyncClipSetup.OnModalGUI () (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/Editor/LipSyncClipSetup.cs:704)
    6. RogoDigital.ModalParent.OnGUI () (at Assets/Rogo Digital/Shared/Editor/ModalParent.cs:22)
    7. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    I'll wait for reply about you can find testing Slate extension.

17. Rtyper

Rtyper

It looks like there's an emotion you're using in the clip that hasn't been added to the character. This error should go away after just closing the clip editor, selecting the character so the LipSync component's editor shows up in the inspector and then re-opening the clip editor. It probably shouldn't cause an error like that though, I'll make this a bit friendlier in the next update.

18. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Woah! I was about to buy Maya LT, since I was having such a difficult time with this in Blender….
    You just saved me $240/yr!!! :cool:

This could probably be a stand alone asset. I have been keeping my eye out for such a tool.

19. Mastaroth

Mastaroth

I'm getting this error on lite, could you help me?
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RogoDigital.AudioUtility.GetWaveForm (UnityEngine.AudioClip clip, Int32 channel, Single width, Single height)
    LipSyncClipSetup.LoadFile (System.String path)
    LipSyncClipSetup.ShowWindow (System.String loadPath, Boolean newWindow, System.String oldFileName, System.String oldLastLoad, Int32 oldMarkerTab, Single oldSeekPosition)
    LipSyncClipSetup.ShowWindow (System.String loadPath, Boolean newWindow)
    LipSyncDataEditor.OnProjectWindowItem (System.String itemGUID, Rect itemRect) (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/Editor/LipSyncDataEditor.cs:251)
    UnityEditor.ObjectListArea+LocalGroup.DrawItem (Rect position, UnityEditor.FilterResult filterItem, UnityEditor.BuiltinResource builtinResource, Boolean isFolderBrowsing) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ObjectListLocalGroup.cs:843)
    UnityEditor.ObjectListArea+LocalGroup.DrawInternal (Int32 beginIndex, Int32 endIndex, Single yOffset) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ObjectListLocalGroup.cs:190)
    UnityEditor.ObjectListArea+Group.Draw (Single yOffset, Vector2 scrollPos) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ObjectListGroup.cs:144)
    UnityEditor.ObjectListArea.HandleListArea () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ObjectListArea.cs:1370)
    UnityEditor.ObjectListArea.OnGUI (Rect position, Int32 keyboardControlID) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ObjectListArea.cs:565)
    UnityEditor.ProjectBrowser.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ProjectBrowser.cs:1744)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    RogoDigital.AudioUtility.GetWaveForm (UnityEngine.AudioClip clip, Int32 channel, Single width, Single height)
    LipSyncClipSetup.Update ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:187)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:180)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:245)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:217)

20. Rtyper

Rtyper

Thanks! Maya's tool for this probably works a little better though :p It's mostly just a simple GUI for the functionality in Unity's inbuilt Mesh API, so it can be a bit finicky!

I'm guessing you're using 5.3.6? There's an update coming later this month to fix that Unity version. Otherwise if you've got access to Unity 5.4 as well, you could download it in that and then copy the files into your other project, which should fix it.

21. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

ok, LOL :p I will try it before I burn my Autodesk acct…
    But from the description this is exactly the tool I needed so I will report back.;)

**edit** hrmmm. Looks like you are right. My meshes did not build… :rolleyes: Ahh well.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  22. Faikus

Faikus

Thanks for this great asset! Is it possible to save the emotion intensity (e.g. happy 50%) in the xml?

23. Rtyper

Rtyper

Aw, that's a shame! I'll see if there's anything I can do to improve the tool, but unfortunately it's most likely just how Unity's API is built.

Sorry Faikus, it's not right now, that was a bit of an oversight! I'll add that to the XML exporter and send you the patch.

wetcircuit likes this.
  24. Faikus

Faikus

Thanks! I'm actually creating the xml myself and would need the setting to be read from the xml by Salsa at runtime.

25. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

I'm now using the plugin Manuel Bastionilab for Blender to create the basis for my characters. The Blend shapes for these models are easier to use with LipSync Pro, so it's working pretty well now. Just some tweaking of the different phonemes left. It does seem like AutoSync is creating inserting too many phonemes, which makes the mouth transition a bit too quickly at times. Is this something I should just tweak manually afterwards, or is there some way to prevent it?

The random blinking is looking good, but the random looking isn't working. The plugin only makes everything in (eyes, teeth etc.) a single model, so I have to use blend shapes to control eye movement. When I check Random Looking, hit PoseBased, configure the blend shapes and hit play, the eyes don't move

Any tips?

26. Rtyper

Rtyper

At the moment, no - you'll need to tweak this. Phoneme detection is a pretty inaccurate field in general, so results from AutoSync can vary wildly. I am working on a higher quality mode for version 1.3 though, which ends up looking a lot better, but can take considerably longer to process.

I'd guess the blendshape values are being overridden by something. Sometimes models get exported with animation tracks for blend shapes even when there isn't any actual animation on them. Try disabling the Animator component on your character and see if it's still not working.

27. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

Excellent. It's not usually a problem. I think I've only had to remove a phoneme once so far.

Didn't think of that. I'll check it out.

28. gamegirl1984

gamegirl1984

I have a strange bug. I have a bit of silent on this one audio clip, but yet auto sync addes a bunch of phonemes... so now his mouth is moving but yet he isn't talking. Please help.

29. Atrixx

Atrixx

Also having this issue with clips longer than 30 seconds

30. jsth

jsth

When i open the Clip Editor and add an Audio Clip I get a Object reference not set to and instance of an object error.

Im running:
    Unity 5.4.1
    LicSync Lite 1.1 from the Asset Store

LipSyncClipSetup.Update ()
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:187)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:180)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:245)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:222)

31. Rtyper

Rtyper

Is your clip longer than 30 seconds, @gamegirl1984? If so, I've just fixed the problem both of you were having. If you can send an email to contact@rogodigital.com with your invoice number, I'll send you the link to the patch that fixes it. Obviously, it'll also be in 1.3 when that comes out next month.

LipSync Lite isn't currently compatible with 5.3.6 and higher. This'll be fixed soon bringing it up-to-date with LipSync Pro.

32. Rtyper

Rtyper

Quick update:
    A new blend system for using PolyMorpher in place of blend shapes is now available from the Extensions window - thanks a lot @kalagaan for the help!

kalagaan likes this.
  33. Btok365

Btok365

It's me (again) I tried using Blendshapes system (I always had used bones transforms). With shapes I have this bug.
    When I use either phonemes in Lipsync Pro or blinking in EyeController, it happens that only the firts blendshape I add and modify its values works, I mean... any other blendshape I add after the first will not actully modify the mesh and when I delete the shapes after the bug had started I cannot used the phoneme panel to add anything else (blendshapes, bones transforms or animations clips)

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. RogoDigital.Lipsync.BlendshapeBlendSystem.SetBlendableValue (Int32 blendable, Single value) (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/BlendSystems/BlendshapeBlendSystem.cs:55)
    3. EyeControllerEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/Editor/EyeControllerEditor.cs:465)
    4. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1235)
    5. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
    Also, when I use the Classic options of Blinking in Eyecontroller (blendshapes)... well, the characters doen't blink when I click Play, and this next bug happens cyclically.

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. RogoDigital.Lipsync.BlendshapeBlendSystem.SetBlendableValue (Int32 blendable, Single value) (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/BlendSystems/BlendshapeBlendSystem.cs:55)
    3. RogoDigital.EyeController.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync/Components/EyeController.cs:259)

I haven't had any other issue with Bone Transforms... It only happened that I want to used blendshapes :):rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  34. Rtyper

Rtyper

Have you got an empty item in the "Optional Other Meshes" list? It looks like there's at least one item in the list, but one or more of them is null. I'll make this fail a bit more gracefully in 1.3!

35. Rtyper

Rtyper

Update time!

LipSync Pro 1.3 is nearly finished! I'll include the change list at the end as usual (bear in mind, it might change slightly before the final version), but first here's a quick preview of the new Emotion Mixer feature:

Secondly, we're launching two new programmes: LipSync Betas, and Powered by LipSync:

With LipSync Betas, you can get new versions of LipSync Pro before they're released in the Asset Store or on the site. In return for feedback on new features, usability or bugs, you'll get the chance to receive new Rogo Digital products, tools and games for free! More info on this coming soon - you'll have the chance to sign up on the website in a few days' time.