Search Unity

[RELEASED] Level Building Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by brummer, Jul 21, 2017.

1. brummer

brummer

Hello!

I've spent a lot of time creating levels in my game and i've noticed that building levels in an organic way requires a lot of repeated actions that could easily be replaced by a custom tool.. so i made one!

Here is a video that sums up the main features:

It's mainly aimed at assets that aren't strictly tile-based; it works well with workflows that have a modular, kitbash type of approach.

Asset store: Level Building Tools - Asset Store

Also, feel free to send me feature suggestions to the email address provided on the asset store page.

Brian-Ryer and Bhanshee00 like this.
  2. GaDeMy

GaDeMy

Hi there.
    Honestly, I cant believe that no body is cheering for this. It looks like an amazing, must have for Unity. As a matter of fact, this should come with Unity by default. Also, a 2D implementation for this would be awesome.

Keep it up!

brummer likes this.
  3. neoshaman

neoshaman

I don't need to cheer, I bought it :p

brummer likes this.
  4. brummer

brummer

Thanks! Hopefully people who buy it have suggestions/critique so that i can make it better!

5. JFS265

JFS265

Is there a 2D version or does this version work for 2D assets also?

6. brummer

brummer

It should work on some of the features, but not all. Projection and click-to-place would probably not work due to it using raycasts.

7. brummer

brummer

New minor update 1.2 is out, it has some minor quality of life improvements, and support for 2020+ in the demo scene, along with a documentation file in case the demo scene doesn't work.

troynall likes this.
  8. troynall

troynall

is there an API ? can this be used in realtime/runtime ? example, select base GameObject "Sphere". Then select all the other GameObjects that you want to be "attracted" to the base GameObject. Then select certain depending on ceratin conditions would case that particular "other" gameObejct to fall. The selection could be by tag or individual prefab name.

Can your asset do something like this ?