Search Unity

[Released] IOS Deploy

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 25, 2014.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

This plugin allows you add additional params to the Xcode project on unity building phase.

Online Documentation | Purchase on Asset Store

Plugins Supports:
    • Frameworks
    • Compiler Flags
    • Linker Flags
    For example if you have IOS plugin with requires some flags or frameworks to be added in compiled IOS project, or you did your own plugin for your game, no need to add it manually every time. IOS Deploy plugin will do this for you on Unity building phase.

To specify additional Frameworks or Flags. Open Plugin settings window
    Window → IOS Deploy

And fill out the flags or frameworks you want to add to your Xcode project.

That's it I hope this plugin will help to save your time :)
    Cheers!

bjornrun likes this.
  2. kaz2057

kaz2057

Hi Lacost,

I'd like to know if it would be possible modify info.plist usign this tool.

With vuforia 3.0.9 there is a little bug and I need modofy info.plist to fix it each time I rebuild new project.

Thanks

fffMalzbier likes this.
  3. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well it's pretty good feature request, I guess I will ad this to the next version

4. kaz2057

kaz2057

any ETA for next release with pinfo list feature?
    Thanks

5. kaz2057

kaz2057

News about info.plist?

6. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

My developer is letting me down a bit, but it should be ready Jan 15.

7. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @kaz2057, happy to tell that new version with Plist support is available on Asset Store :)

8. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

Is it possible to add external library , like Millenial Media ?

Thanks

9. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

currently, no, only XCode default libs. But I pretty sure you can just put it to the Plugins/IOS folder and you good.

JungsangE and ababab5 like this.
  10. FunGamer

FunGamer

I am enjoying this great asset. Is there a way to add compiler flags for only specific files? I need to add compiler flags -fno-objc-arc to about 8 files, so not all files in the Xcode project. What is the best way to do this? (My project has a mix of ARC and non-ARC assets acquired in the asset store)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  11. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I will treat as feature request, and will add for the future updates.
    So far we are fixing minor issues connected with the Unity 5.

Cheers!

12. gravyleaves

gravyleaves

So with this i'm able to set any .plist settings so I don't have to manually update them for each build?

For example I need to set the URL types for a custom url scheme each time I build for the app store.

There are other things I'd love to see this utility do:

I have to add InfoPlist.strings to each Xcode project to account for different localized app names. I also have to add all the languages my app supports every time I make a new build.

Can you also have this framework set or increment the build number?

Thanks!

13. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yes you can do this :)

This is good feature request actually

I Thought this can me made from Unity actually.

14. BenoitFreslon

BenoitFreslon

Hello Stan,

I purchased the iOS Native, I see the iOS Deploy plugin with this lib but I can't use it.
    Is it possible to use iOS Deplay in the iOS Native plugin?

EDIT: I just saw the ISDSettingsResource ;)

15. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well, actually this is separate products :) So far IOS Deploy shipped with the IOS native but without editor settings.

16. noamgat

noamgat

Will it be possible to add build phases with this script?
    For example, I would like to streamline the fabric XCode integration which requires adding a "run script" build phase.
    I don't see a way to do it currently...

17. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

There is no such feature in the plugin currently.

18. fgarmo

fgarmo

It would be a good idea to include Array object type int the plist. For example, if I want to include Localizations Array I have to repeat typing each localization in every new build.

Also a new great feature would be to ad in the frameworks the possibility for choosing the flag 'Optional' for some of them.

Regards

19. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks for the suggestion, I will take this into account.
    Cheers!

20. Simon_says

Simon_says

Can you update asset to work fine with Xcode 7? If I add libraries as .tbd they aren't added to Xcode.

21. RobertO280

RobertO280

Hey Stan, I have an Problem with iOS Deploy

I have Ultimate Mobile. In Editor say Deploy please purchase a Copy.
    Ok - i have buy in asset Store iOS Deploy - Download and Import.

iOS Deploy say please purchase a Copy. i am Confused

22. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

23. NINPO

NINPO

How can I combine IOSDeploy MobileSocialPlugin and AndroidNative ?
    Why there is so many incompatibilities between your's plugin ? Everytime i want to update. I just got a big headeach.

If i install IOSDeploy First and MobileSocialPlugin after. IOSDeploy ask me to buy the plugin.... and i can't use it.
    If i install MobileSocialPlugin first and IOSDeploy Unity give me error on PluginsInstalationUtil and SA_EditorTool

Why i need to buy and install IOSDeploy to be able to add Social.Framwork and MessageUI.Framework for postprocessing build on IOS ?

You're plugin can be great but sometimes is really a shame.

24. darkinyourass

darkinyourass

I'm sorry that you left such a negative impression of our plugin. Contact me via email - support@stansassets.com and I will send you a working package with these plugins.

25. DeepShader

DeepShader

How can I added languages so that the Camera-Picker will show the buttons in the language of the device and not only in english? (own Ultimate Mobile + iOS Deploy)

26. DeepShader

DeepShader

No help? :(

27. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Well, it's not up to IOS Deploy actually.
    Here is the thing, in our plugin were are using UIImagePickerController. Which seems doesn't have ability to set the controls language. It will be always presented with the phone language.
    If you want to present it with the another language, you can only develop your own control, and then connect it to your Unity project as the plugin.

28. DeepShader

DeepShader

No that's wrong. It always displays English, NOT the language the device is set to - that's my problem :p

29. DeepShader

DeepShader

Why I get big errors when import iOS Deploy after Ultimate Mobile?

30. jGate99

jGate99

@lacost
    I just purchased iOS Deploy, however i got stuck due to these 3 major issues.

First, it has made Unity slower, looks like its compling/regenerating something in background and so making unity slow as i keep seeing the busy indicator on its inspector.

Second issue is how can i add a custom framework like GoogleAdsFramework ? Because all i see in your plugin is fixed number of frameworks to be added. Cant add a custom one.

Third issue is, how can i add for example? Screenshot attached using iOS Deploy.
    • Add $(PROJECT_DIR) in the search path in your build's settings.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.40.03 AM.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  31. AlexRay

AlexRay

Already fixed!

32. AlexRay

AlexRay

1. I don't think, that this slow performance is related to iOS Deploy plugin itself. Of course, there is a Unity Inspector window, but no hard-breaking operations take time in the background. The one and only time when iOS Deploy takes time is Unity post-process build time. All the frameworks/libs/dependencies are added during build post-process. That's the behaviour of iOS Deploy.

2. The guide how to add frameworks into your XCode project you can find here.

3. Unfortunately, it's not supported with iOS Deploy plugin. You can contact our support team directly and request this feature. Most likely library search paths editing will be added in future, but the more precise information you will get while communicating with our support engineer. Please, go for it and you will get great support in a short time.

33. jGate99

jGate99

When i open iOS Deploy Edit Settings from Window Panel, inside Editor and its Inpsector/tab opens, it keep reloading/refreshing thus making Unity (Edit Mode) slow.

So its definately IOS Deploy issue.

Alex, i dont want to manually copy and paste custom frameworks. I bought IOS Deploy to do that for me. So here is my question (with some updated problem). How can i add a Folder as a Framework inside XCode Project using IOS Deploy so i dont have to do that proccess again.

Please check following link, Step 4 (bullet 3),
    I want to do that step automated using iOS Deploy
    https://support.vungle.com/hc/en-us/articles/208073977

34. AlexRay

AlexRay

When you open up the iOS Deploy Inspector window, the editor scripts will track all the required dependencies. That's all.
    This process will keep 1-2 seconds on the start time and should not disturb you anymore. All the other tasks will keep your time during post-process.

The situation according to Google Mobile Ads framework is following. As you know, this framework is NOT included in iOS Deploy and NOT included in iOS Native plugin as well. Previously, this framework was included in the plugin package.
    But we got a lot of complaints according to this scenario because the framework size is quite big.
    Even more, you can use a lot of iOS Native plugin features, but not use Google AdMob at all.
    So, we made a decision to remove Google Mobile Ads framework from the plugin package by default.
    If you want to use Google AdMob Ads, you have to download this framework on your desktop and add it manually.
    That's the main reason of all the scenario I described.

35. jGate99

jGate99

36. AlexRay

AlexRay

Put your compiled library (.a) file and necessary headers inside of ProjectName/Assets/Plugins/iOS or copy the source code of your library there (.mm, .h, .m, etc.). I mean, the iOS Deploy is not required for such kind of tasks. It's just work of Unity build process itself.
    With the GoogleMobileAds.framework the situation is the same. If you will add this framework to your Assets/Plugins/iOS folder, it will be included into XCode project and you will not be required to add it every time you make a build.

37. jGate99

jGate99

@AlexRay
    Understood.

Another request, How can i add custom properties via iOS Deploy.

Attached Files:

38. AlexRay

AlexRay

I am not 100% sure about this feature. Please, contact our support team and ask about it.
    You will get the information about the iOS Deploy full features set and request any kind of new functionality.

39. SquareZhao

SquareZhao

Can I use iOS Deploy to include .bunlde files into XCode project? I have a framework with a Resources subfolder in it, which contains several .bundle files, they are not included into XCode project even if I add the framework manually.

40. AlexRay

AlexRay

Currently, there is no option to add bundles with iOS Deploy plugin.
    The only one option is to add the bundle manually into the XCode project.
    That's not the iOS Deploy limitation, but the limitation of iOS platform post process build.

If any options will become available in future, the iOS Deploy will be updated just in time.
    Thank you!

41. andymakesthings

andymakesthings

Is there a way to add embedded binaries using this asset? Thank you

42. masterton

masterton

Hi Alex, on Unity 2017.x iOS Deploy is updating the required frameworks and libraries every frame so that 1-2 second delay is effectively locking up Unity. Perhaps this didn't happen on Unity 5? Either way I've added a bool flag that checks Frameworks and Libraries at start up. Then if you want to update again I added a refresh button.

In ISD_SettingsEditor.cs add these variables at the top.

private static bool refreshFoundedFrameworks = true;
    private static List<string> foundedFrameworks;
    private static bool refreshLibrary = true;
    private static List<string> foundedLibraries;

Then replace...

List<string> foundedFrameworks = ISD_FrameworkHandler.GetImportedFrameworks ();
    if (foundedFrameworks.Count > 0) {

with...

if( GUILayout.Button("Refresh Embedded Frameworks", GUILayout.Height(20) ) )
    refreshFoundedFrameworks = true;

if (refreshFoundedFrameworks)
    {
    refreshFoundedFrameworks = false;
    foundedFrameworks = ISD_FrameworkHandler.GetImportedFrameworks();
    }

if(foundedFrameworks != null )
    {
    if (foundedFrameworks.Count > 0)

Same thing with the libraries. Replace this...

List<string> foundedLibraries = ISD_FrameworkHandler.GetImportedLibraries ();
    if (foundedLibraries.Count > 0) {

with...

if (GUILayout.Button("Refresh Included Libraries", GUILayout.Height(20)))
    refreshLibrary = true;

if (refreshLibrary)
    {
    refreshLibrary = false;
    foundedLibraries = ISD_FrameworkHandler.GetImportedLibraries();
    }

if (foundedLibraries != null)
    {
    if (foundedLibraries.Count > 0)

43. jGate99

jGate99

How can we use it to "Code Sign on Copy" under embeded frameworks? Please advise

44. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey @jGate99 not sure what you mean. Can you please give me the XCode setting screenshot which you want to be able to set from the Unity editor?
    Thanks.