Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys!. Hopefully this week HAP3 should be out!.. (3 Week ago I uploaded it to the store)

Meanwhile here are the brand new tutorials for HAP3+Invector (Sorry for my Spanglish ;))

Ootii and Opsive are next!!

2. Salja

Salja

Ootii have wait 1 Month :D i dont think this week but i hope :D

3. Malbers

Malbers

hahah true... lets hope by some kind of luck we get publish by friday

4. Teila

Teila

Much longer for Opsive. :(

5. Malbers

Malbers

No worries @Teila Im making progress with the Riding Combat system with opsive,
    The riding system is done and works amazing!! so you can work with that meanwhile ;),
    and because integrations are separated from the package I will be posting the Riding Combat with opsive as soon as I have it ready on my integration Drive Folder.

6. Teila

Teila

Thanks. It is really the wagon part that we need so hope that is coming with the next update.

7. Malbers

Malbers

then you're in luck!!

the wagon feature is part of the riding system, not the combat system , and yes! it works like a charm with Opsive :D

Olander and Teila like this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

New integration video for HAP 3 and Opsive TCP... enjoy!!!! (HAP 3 ... 3 weeks on pending review :()
    Still working on the combat while riding integration ;)

Teila likes this.
  9. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Hope they release it soon.

Malbers and Teila like this.
  10. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I am not sure, will you also support the ootii character controller?
    Hope for it.

Malbers likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!!!, Making the tutorials right now ;)

Olander likes this.
  12. Olander

Olander

Some really tough work here to do all this co-exist operation. And these change a lot...especially ootii's. So Not an easy task to simply undertake.....very much appreciated. Even though I will not need it....many will. Huge thanks on behalf of others.

Malbers likes this.
  13. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks @Olander for your kind words!, yes ... one of the long tasks for this update were the integrations... is really hard to make something that works with everybody and without the need to modify the core of any of the asset, mine or theirs.. so I really appreciate the acknowledge of these heavy tasks :D

14. Malbers

Malbers

More tutorials ;)

15. Nihilus0

Nihilus0

um...4 weeks? It seems to take too long, Have you seen this before?
    I was so excited, but now I am exhausted. But, I have hope to come out soon.

I don't have such things as 'Opsive' and 'Invector'.
    So, is it possible to use all functions in vanilla state in 'HAP3'?
    Or does it require dependent assets such as 'Opsive' and 'Invector'?

ps. I am not fluent in English.

16. Malbers

Malbers

I had an email last friday about the HAP3 to remove an internal unitypackage inside the asset.. which I did immediately, and send it back again

so that's a good sign, that means it will be out this week .

Practically all Integrations are the same, they follow the same process..
    the only difference is on the Link Script. which connects the rider script with the custom controller.. and do things like disable the input, connect the weapons and inventory with the rider system, etc..

Vanilla state? what's that?

Teila and TeagansDad like this.
  17. neoshaman

neoshaman

Vanilla state = out of the box, ie in the base asset

18. Malbers

Malbers

You will need to make some connections in order to integrate HAP with your controller.
    But using the unity event I made you can do it, and sometimes without having to write a line of code.
    for example. the sample scene uses the 3rd person controller from the standard assets for the rider , and just connecting values with the unity events I provide on the rider script... you can make that controller compatible with HAP3.
    upload_2017-7-12_15-18-57.png
    The important things to know when using HAP3 is that , when the rider is mounted you cannot move or control your character, because the horse takes the control. (and you don't want the character to run above the horse)
    So listening to this events you can know when the mount/ dismount is happening and do something about it .

Weblox and neoshaman like this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

20. stvster

stvster

Got It! Like It!! THANX!!!

21. cyeninas

cyeninas

Maybe it's a compatibility issue with the newest Unity version but I'm getting these errors when I import HAP3 into 2017.1.0f3

Attached Files:

22. ahn2150

ahn2150

Malbers likes this.
  23. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Malbers likes this.
  24. blogsabout

blogsabout

Purchased this awesome pack while it was 2.1b, absolutely amazing asset.
    Do you have plans on Eye Blinking in a near future?

I'm trying to to only go with the "low pol" version of the horse, since I use it for mobile.
    When I tweak the LOD and set it LOD 1 to 100%, it still uses the high res hair and mesh when close up.
    What's the workaround to use only the low res version? (both in terms of horse, hair and mount)

Malbers likes this.
  25. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Get tis error in 2017.1.0f3 :

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Editor/Rider3rdPersonEditor.cs(6,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Director' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine.Experimental'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

26. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there guys.. looking it right now!

27. Malbers

Malbers

you can just simply remove the LOD Group component and hide or delete the High res meshes.
    upload_2017-7-13_8-50-58.png

Attached Files:

blogsabout likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

Did you import it into an empty project... because the error I got was the one of the RiderEditor..
    With is solve simply removing that line of code:
    upload_2017-7-13_9-10-3.png

the other errors I believe are from the modified and simplified standard assets I included on the package, so if you already have some Standard assets in your project it could get some conflict files.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  29. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I also just comment the line out.

But how can i use the weagon with the two horses.
    If i try to mount i always wistle and the other horse is comming to me.

Then i saw that when i am mounted the horse go to sleep and i hope i can switch that off somewhere.
    Also then the horse is moving while slepping and i am mounted maybe also when it is sleeping alone. Hope that that can be fixed also later.

Other then that i love this asset.
    Thank you for making this.

30. Malbers

Malbers

this slot right here:store the last animal you mounted..
    upload_2017-7-13_10-16-58.png
    if you clean this slot. the horse will not follow you anymore.

to avoid the horse goes to sleep you can set the Go To Sleep parameter to 0;
    upload_2017-7-13_10-21-28.png

Im preparing a Deep Tutorial on how everything works with HAP, for the rider and the animals, meanwhile you can check the documentation here: https://goo.gl/attsYU

Weblox likes this.
  31. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Thank you for the fast suport.

Malbers likes this.
  32. cyeninas

cyeninas

Yeah, it seems like this is the case. These errors pop up when I have the Characters standard asset imported. Is the only solution to delete the Characters folder?

33. Malbers

Malbers

upload_2017-7-13_11-53-45.png
    these are the Standard Assets I use on the demo scenes, so I believe removing in your project the character folder should work.

34. cyeninas

cyeninas

Seems like more than just the Character folder messes with it, as removing that fixed most of the errors but then I was getting
    Code (csharp):
    1. Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/RiderFPC.cs(3,25): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SA' does not exist in the namespace `MalbersAnimations'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Not sure what caused that so I wound up just starting from scratch with my project, importing HAP3 first so I could see if anything I did broke it.

And then starting from scratch I figured out that the CrossPlatformInput Standard Asset is actually a requirement, but everything seems to be working OK now.

Thanks for your help!

Malbers likes this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

if the CrossPlatfomInput is getting you errors and is not being use or it has been removed then is because you need to remove it from the player settings:
    upload_2017-7-13_14-44-22.png

36. blogsabout

blogsabout

Thank you Mal.
    That makes a lot of sense!

Is there a list of all the new features in 3.0?

37. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!!
    Here they Are:

Also check the documentation: (I need to finish it but the 90% of the horse new stuff is there ;) )
    https://goo.gl/attsYU

hopeful likes this.
  38. LudiKha

LudiKha

Hi Malbers,

Great work on the update!

On the Google Drive folder I don't see the Invector integration folder listed anywhere?

Malbers likes this.
  39. cyeninas

cyeninas

Hm, shows up for me. Does this link work for you?

LudiKha and Malbers like this.
  40. Malbers

Malbers

it works for me too ;)

LudiKha likes this.
  41. LudiKha

LudiKha

Cheers, it is showing now!

Malbers likes this.
  42. ArloR

ArloR

Love your products. I currently have Horse Pro, Deer and Fox. Super cool viewing models and animations in VR! The controllers work very well. I am a non programming Unity noob. I would like to populate an environment using your low poly animals. Hope the community here might have some suggestions for AI that would work well for wandering herd predator pray wildlife. I have been playing around with ICE creature control but finding it a bit daunting. Emerald looks a little less complicated but seems to lack video tutorials. Would like to hear of any options others might recommend? If Malbers or others are familiar with AI that would work well and post a video tutorial using these low poly assets that would be sweet.

Malbers and Weblox like this.
  43. Teila

Teila

Try watching Tonanbora's videos on ICE before you give up..since you already own it and it is worth a try. His youtube channel is the same name. :)

TeagansDad, llJIMBOBll and ArloR like this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

I just talk to Pit and I own now ICE creature control YAY so when I finish the remaining 4 animals I will start playing around with his asset and the animals and make integrations tutorials too ;)

SirTwistedStorm, TeagansDad and ArloR like this.
  45. ArloR

ArloR

Malbors

Wow!
    Thanks!

46. ArloR

ArloR

Teila

Thanks for the advice. I have been slowly following along on the basic ICE video by Tonabora.

Teila likes this.
  47. Teila

Teila

I wish he could do more but I am keeping him far too busy. :) Glad his videos are useful to you.

48. SemaphoreStudios

SemaphoreStudios

Hello Malbers,

I have both Invector Melee and HAP 3 (both latest versions from asset store) in the project (using Unity 5.6.1 P2). But when I add the invector link I get these compile errors:

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integration/Invector/Basic/InvectorHAPLink.cs(61,21): error CS1061: Type `vThirdPersonCamera' does not contain a definition for `UpdateLockOn' and no extension method `UpdateLockOn' of type `vThirdPersonCamera' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integration/Invector/Melee/InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(57,56): error CS1061: Type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' does not contain a definition for `strafeWhileLockOn' and no extension method `strafeWhileLockOn' of type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integration/Invector/Melee/InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(94,32): error CS1061: Type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' does not contain a definition for `strafeWhileLockOn' and no extension method `strafeWhileLockOn' of type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integration/Invector/Melee/InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(117,32): error CS1061: Type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' does not contain a definition for `strafeWhileLockOn' and no extension method `strafeWhileLockOn' of type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integration/Invector/Melee/InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(118,21): error CS1061: Type `vThirdPersonCamera' does not contain a definition for `UpdateLockOn' and no extension method `UpdateLockOn' of type `vThirdPersonCamera' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integration/Invector/Melee/InvectorHAPLinkMelee.cs(306,36): error CS1061: Type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' does not contain a definition for `lockOnInput' and no extension method `lockOnInput' of type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

What can I do to fix that?

49. Aceego

Aceego

Hi Malber,
    Are you planing a integration for ork framework? Thx for your awesome work, by the way. Germany gives you 10 from 10 points ;)

Malbers likes this.
  50. Salja

Salja

is the ootii tutorial done ? and when i add your Animation Controller to ootii what about the spell Motion pack can i add back to the animtion Controller ?