Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MrG

MrG

Seems I'd switched videos...look at 2:52 of this one, as well as the last frame at the end. I think the head needs be kept lower and the back arched up to focus on whatever the horse is reacting too / attacking.

Watch horses fight here.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. wood333

wood333

I was only trying to add to what you said, not disagree, and I was posting for @Malbers to read. When I highlight the section of your post the forum automatically makes it a reply to you. :)

MrG and Malbers like this.
  3. evilangel89

evilangel89

Hey Malbers, is it safe to assume the with V3 the Invector integration will also be upgraded ? I bought HAP v2 solely for the purpose of integration with this controller as it doesn't have any horse related stuff . It would be amazing to make the melee options work in there.

4. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! the integrations will be upgraded and
    Yes!... that is the goal... make the rider combat feature compatible with ootii, opsive and invector systems.. that's why is the hardest part , but I'm pretty confident that I can do it :)

evilangel89 and HellPatrol like this.
  5. evilangel89

evilangel89

Thank you so much for putting effort into these integrations. Honestly they're nice to haves but it's great to see the developer passionate about it.

Malbers likes this.
  6. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

What is the minimum Unity version you will be supporting?

7. Malbers

Malbers

I'm working on 5.4.2, but I'm thinking to upgrade to 5.5.1

what Unity do you need?

8. virror

virror

Just want to chime in and say that this asset is awesome : )
    I dont really use any of the scripts and stuff but the horses and animations are very nice : )

I have not looked at how you handle animation in your example scenes, but doing movement with a 2d blendtree might help clean things up a bit? Something like this:

Malbers likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Yes I Know!!
    That is already taking care of in the new version!;)
    Cheers!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  10. virror

virror

11. blogsabout

blogsabout

Absolutely awesome Mablers!

A quick question - the "saddle change" that can be done in the UI - does it swap the also the Horse?
    I intent to include some kind of "customization" feature (using Adventure Creator - where the user will have the items given in the inventory - these will be the saddles) and can change the saddle.
    I would "hate" to have a whole horse including the saddle for each different saddle - but I'm uncertain if you only change saddle, because you also want the skinning to work correctly.
    Can you enlighten me?:)
    Can't wait for the eye blinking!

Cheers,

12. virror

virror

The saddle and armor are different meshes from the actual horse.

13. blogsabout

blogsabout

So it would be possible to "swap" saddle etc real time without changing the whole horse along?
    In the animset ui settings there is a button to swap and I'm basically trying to see how I can make a similar thing.

14. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Unity 5.5.0 ... but Unity 5.5.1 should be fine.

Malbers likes this.
  15. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Unity 5.5.0 but Unity 5.5.1 will be fine.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

When can we expect the 3.0 release of Horse Animset Pro?

17. Malbers

Malbers

Hi, I plan to release it in june...
    working on the final integrations :)

Deleted User likes this.
  18. virror

virror

I have a request for this package, would it be possible to add some saddlebags to the horse? : p

19. hopeful

hopeful

You might check out the Horse for Heroes pack from Mr. Necturus. (There is, BTW, a slightly upgraded version of this pack for a slightly upgraded price.)

IIRC, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the horses are compatible (but I may have that wrong).

Malbers likes this.
  20. virror

virror

But i like this pack : D

21. wood333

wood333

From Horses for Heroes:
    H4H notes.JPG
    Mr. N. did not say why in his release notes.

22. Malbers

Malbers

Yes was deleted because the standard assets that horse Animset pro required,
    but it will be back up again when v3 is released, (No more Standard Assets)

Teila, wood333 and hopeful like this.
  23. omarzonex

omarzonex

unity 5.5.2.f1
    unity 5.5.3.p2

24. Malbers

Malbers

Guys good news , the integration with HorseAnimset Pro v3 is almost complete.
    You will be able to use Invector melee weapons, (Bow is not available yet on invector TCP)
    This time both Invector Controller and Rider Controller work seamless. (Available for no inventory and inventory system)
    (Also the Invector HUD is linked too ;))

Thanks V team for the public UnityEvents!!! they make things so much easier!!

Pistol will be ready soon for the Shooter Template. (Pistol only, Rifle,shotgun, and sniper won't be included yet)

julianr and inoj like this.
  25. stvster

stvster

Looking good! Eagerly awaiting Update. Thanx for this Fine asset.

Malbers likes this.
  26. jrackley

jrackley

Will you also be able to use weapons with ootii while on the horses by any chance?

27. Malbers

Malbers

that's the goal, I already made it posible with invector..
    with Opsive I will wait until TCP2 and UFPS2 are available late this year, Justin told me to wait so I don't waist time.

28. Teila

Teila

Totally re-writing this after talking to Justin. :)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Malbers likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

I mean the Ride system is available, with the carriage feature and the poly art animal mounts , not the Combat while riding.. that is postponed .

30. Malbers

Malbers

I just read Justins posts .... Im starting this week the ooti's integration, but I talk to justin to see if we can manage the Melee, Bow and Pistol weapons in this current version of TCP

Teila likes this.
  31. Teila

Teila

That would be great! :) Thank you.

32. Salja

Salja

Hey i will buy the Horse Animset Pro asset but a friend tell me only ootii Orbit Camera is supportet but i use the ootii camera Controller asset you plan to Support the ootii camera Controller too ?

33. Malbers

Malbers

Salja likes this.
  34. Salja

Salja

yeah already see it 5 mins ago thank you cant wait of a release thank you :D

Malbers likes this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

Great News Guys

ALL 3 Official Integrations are done!

Opsive TCP (Combat while riding will be included after release)
    Invector (Melee and Pistol)
    Ootii (Melee and Bow)

and with this news I will be finishing the first cycle of integrations to release HAP v3.. since Ootii's packages where the last ones on the list..

This time I won't include the integrations inside the package, I will provide an external link so everytime another publisher updates their assets it will be easy for me to update the integration too, outside the Review times of the UAS.

Finally HAPv3 is ready to go!

Next integrations in line:
    1. Character Controller GP & Combat Framework
    2. Survival Pack
    3. Realistic FPS Prefab
    4. UFPS (this one can go up ...)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    opsive, wood333, Olander and 7 others like this.
  36. Salja

Salja

When will you release the update?

37. Malbers

Malbers

Its already on Pending Review!!

R.png

julianr and Salja like this.
  38. Salja

Salja

Nice cant wait but i have wait 26 days of the spell motion pack i hope this will be faster :)

Malbers likes this.
  39. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Did you mention the what your upgrade price would be for this? I believe there was a discussion but I do not recall if you stated an upgrade price.

40. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

wood333, TeagansDad and Malbers like this.
  41. Malbers

Malbers

:D:D:D

the Upgrade Price will be 15$ for everyone who was HAP2

Official Price of HAP3 will be 60$

Lets Hope the Review Time be less than 2 weeks

magique likes this.
  42. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Is the wagons been added in latest version?
    Also have you thought about the reins for the horse and player? or what would be the best approach?

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

the horse already has Reins, I use cloth to simulate the rope effect, but for better performance you can disable the cloth component, on the horse and Mane.

Yes.. the Wagon system is added on the latest version, I still need to figure out how to have reins on the wagons, but that I will be adding after the release ;)

44. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Thanks for the clarification.

Malbers likes this.
  45. Jaimi

Jaimi

$15 is a great price for the upgrade, especially with everything new that is being added. Thanks for supporting your work and keeping the updates coming!

TeagansDad and Malbers like this.
  46. Olander

Olander

Hi Malbers. Bought this some time ago and have been waiting on this update. I use my own custom camera and motion controller so never needed your integrations....but this is an awesome horse/mount system.

$15 is a steal for this type of upgrade. Good to support devs who actually do care.

Malbers, TeagansDad and hopeful like this.
  47. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks @Olander for your support!

This time integrations are easier than ever...

so your custom character should integrate very smoothly with the new system. :D
    this week I'm preparing all the tutorials and the documentation for the HAPv3 and the integrations

48. TonanBora

TonanBora

Hello Malbers,
    After importing the Integration package for the Opsive's Third Person Controller and pressing play, I am viciously attacked by a mob of errors:

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.GameObject,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Component]].TryGetValue (UnityEngine.GameObject key, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:588)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.SharedManager.InitializeSharedFields (UnityEngine.GameObject targetGameObject, System.Object targetObject) (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Utility/SharedManager.cs:51)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.Abilities.Ability.Start () (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:92)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.CameraController.Rotate () (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Camera/CameraController.cs:362)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.CameraController.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Camera/CameraController.cs:298)

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Object,System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Delegate]].TryGetValue (System.Object key, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2& value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:588)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.EventHandler.GetDelegate (System.Object obj, System.String eventName) (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Utility/EventHandler.cs:122)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.EventHandler.ExecuteEvent[Sprite] (System.Object obj, System.String eventName, UnityEngine.Sprite arg1) (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Utility/EventHandler.cs:320)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.Abilities.Ability.UpdateAbility () (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:138)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.RigidbodyCharacterController.Move (Single horizontalMovement, Single forwardMovement, Quaternion lookRotation) (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Character/RigidbodyCharacterController.cs:378)
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.ControllerHandler.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Character/ControllerHandler.cs:287)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Opsive.ThirdPersonController.CameraHandler.Update () (at Assets/Third Person Controller/Scripts/Camera/CameraHandler.cs:84)

And the game pauses. When I unpause, I cannot move Dom around, although I can use abilities (which allows me to hop over to the horse, and ride it, so that works! lol).

49. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there @TonanBora Thanks for purchasing HAP, I already uploaded a week ago the update for HAP3 when all those problems are solved (the upgrade is paid but it comes with a lot of fixed and tons of new features so be patience) I we get lucky we can be approved later this week.

50. stvster

stvster

Hi Malbers,Thanx for creating this Fine asset(HAP).Eagerly awaiting the HAP3 update.WELL DONE!!

Malbers likes this.