Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] HORROR DEVELOPMENT KIT

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Johns_Art, Jul 18, 2016.

?

Would you like to see more features?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2018.
  1. There are already nice features

37.5%
  2. Yes, i don't like the current features

62.5%
  1. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Hello guys, I'm so excited to show you the new 1.3 update of my "Horror Development Kit", that have a lot of new hot features and much more!

SOME INFOS ABOUT THE ASSET:

• Horror Development Kit is an all-in-one solution to create a perfect and realistic first person horror game with Unity 5.
    • It's a realistic game template that includes all the features needed to build up an horror game.
    • Contains a big quantity of ready prefabs, high quality sounds, scripts, models and much more.

• Recommended and compatible assets:
    Complete Horror Menù
    Digital Input Keypad System
    Lever Puzzle System
    Achievement Creator

• Includes an advanced and easy to understand PDF documentation that covers all you need to start and build you game.

• MAIN FEATURES:

An advanced and custom AAA player system with awesome features:
    • Walking and running
    • Ladders climbing
    • Hiding from enemy
    • Health
    • Stamina
    • Dynamic footsteps
    • Advanced raycast
    • Dynamic crosshair
    • Simple items inventory
    • Peek corners
    • Falling effect and damage
    • Eye zoom focus
    • Object examining
    • Paper Reading System
    • Pause Menu with advanced options included
    • Functional HUD made with uGUI

Ready to use and easy to customize player items:
    • Functional and animated flashlight
    • Flashlight batteries
    • Digital camera with zoom
    • Night mode for digital camera

Ready to use and easy to customize game mechanisms and components:
    • Enemy AI (idle, patrol between waypoints, attack, walking, running and much more)
    • Functional and animated doors and furniture (modes: Open – Locked – Jammer)
    • Key system
    • Harmful and Healing Foods
    • First AID Kit
    • Switchable Lamps and Lights including flickering system
    • Playable Audios (Radios, TVs etc.)
    • Functional Security Cameras System (CCTV)
    • Jumpscare Triggers (mode: Sound – 2D Sprite – 3D Animated or not models)
    • Healing / Damage Triggers (mode: Constant Damage – Damage On Enter – Instant Kill)
    • Camera Broke Trigger (broke the camera when you enter)

And much more:
    • Main Menu
    • Full C# Source Code
    • PDF Documentation
    • Integrations with other assets

• YOUTUBE PLAYLIST:

• ASSET STORE PRODUCT PAGE: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66215
    PRICE: 49.99 USD

• WEBSITE PAGE: http://giovannicartella.weebly.com/horror-development-kit.html
    PRICE: 45 USD

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi Giovanni,

Congratulations on an amazing asset!! One of my top 10 Assets now ;) Cant wait to start my game and also see what you will add in future releases! Thank you for the awesome asset!

3. fahriabdillah

fahriabdillah

4. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Thanks! New update with new features is coming soon!

fahriabdillah and Shodan0101 like this.
  5. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Cant wait to see whats next!! Attack/Melee/Pistol/Shotgun? ;)

6. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Yes, some melee and fire guns system will be surely added ;)

fahriabdillah and Shodan0101 like this.
  7. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

I have such a big smile now!!! Cant wait!! thank you!!! :D

Johns_Art likes this.
  8. thenamesace

thenamesace

Looking at picking this asset up tomorrow one thing I would like to suggest is the ability to take and then view pictures with the camera is that something that you are looking at doing at anytime?

Personally I am not that interested in guns etc as there are loads of assets that do that another feature that would be cool is having an animated hand/arm opening/closing the doors.

The ability to hold of an attack by the AI would be a good touch not attack them like you can do in dying light where the AI grabs you and you button bash to get away.

Anyway keep up the good work and I look forward to playing with this on Friday

9. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Hello, actually I'm working on melee weapons system and upgrading the AI to support them.... infact a new update will be out really soon (next week i think).
    Then, I will work on fire gun system, save/load system and a new inventory system...

My objective is to update this asset a lot of time, because I want to create something perfect for developers, that should be seen as a unique solution to create an awesome horror game!

thenamesace likes this.
  10. thenamesace

thenamesace

Looking forward to seeing how you develop this kit just brought it ...Now to play :)

11. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

You'll surely like new incoming update 1.4 !! :)
    It will be finished in 2-3 weeks and will be online after some few days later (it depends by Asset Store team)

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    thenamesace likes this.
  12. thenamesace

thenamesace

Well I must say this asset is great so far easy to work with and good documentation

I love the hiding system the AI needs a turn animation as it just looks weird the way they move when patrolling the waypoints.

Maybe have them wait and idle at each waypoint then turn and move to the next one , just an idea but I am sure you know this anyway

I see you have a full body model on the player but it's not enabled when you look down (seeing your legs etc) I see that if you do enable it and pick up a flashlight you have 4 arms because you use a separate arms model for the weapons

Are you going to incorporate the full body model and lose the first person arms?

I think this would be a better way to go especially for adding in extra animations like pick up/open door etc

Anyway loving it so far and this is stuff I can do myself just asking as it will save me time if you were planning on doing these things maybe get a trello up we can follow so we know what updates you have planned

Great asset

13. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

There will be some improvements on the AI side, and also about the body model (from the next update the legs are visible).

thenamesace likes this.
  14. thenamesace

thenamesace

Just thought I would drop by and see how 1.4 was coming along trying to hold off doing to much to the template as I know you said 1.4 would not be too far away

15. reocwolf

reocwolf

Holy crap! I've been holding up from buying this asset since 1st release 'cause some other devs just abandon their projects but this one has come a long way in just a few months. @Active-Studio-Games this looks awesome! Will definitely support you when I have the chance. Probably after the weapons are added. Cheers! Also try to talk to Tim from Ootii. Check to see if you can integrate the Motion Controller with this. Specially for the AI too look more natural. Also Quest System Pro and LOS Pro from DevDog would be a great addition.

Johns_Art likes this.
  16. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Hello! Thanks! I'll try to create new integrations of course :)

reocwolf likes this.
  17. reocwolf

reocwolf

Any updates on 1.4?

18. Hitch42

Hitch42

Do you have a comprehensive list of upcoming features in 1.4? I'm interested in this asset, but there are several other similar ones and I'm curious as to what will set this one apart from them.

Also, you may want to put a link to this forum on your store page and direct people to it. A lot of people seem to be using the review system to request features and ask questions.

19. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

thenamesace and Shodan0101 like this.
  20. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

The suspense is killing me!! Machete is looking awesome!! X_X

Johns_Art likes this.
  21. reocwolf

reocwolf

Just watched this little video here and bought the asset. Only request is to make the ammo stackable in the inventory.

@Active-Studio-Games EDIT: Also some other minor things. The battery icon would be better if only visible when equipping the camera or flashlight. That way there's less stuff in the screen. The Night Mode icon should be grayed out when night mode is not active or symbolize that it is off somehow.

Other useful things would be; when inspecting consumable items giving an option to "Use" it directly instead of having to take it and then use from the inventory. Also in the inventory a faster way to use items. For example I guess "left click" would be what you use now to show the info, but it would be great if also you could use "right click" to fast use the item and maybe middle mouse to equip it if equipable. That way there no need to move so much up and down in the inventory.

Also for the AI. IDK if this is a good idea. But maybe spawning a target object in the location the character is when shooting for the AI to come to. Maybe having a small framework where we can set up the radius and longevity of this spawned target object. Also make it so that it doesn't spawn every time you shoot but only once per set distance of each other. Example: I shoot the glock several times but it only spawns one target object that I set up to be detected by AI within a certain radius. That means that all active AIs within that radius will come towards that object. I also set up the object to prevent further spawning of target objects within a certain radius. Meaning that I would have to move out of the set radius to be able to perhaps trick the AI to come to a new location. That prevents it from spawning a lot of unnecessary objects.

For the hiding spots I guess make it so that if an AI is looking at it, it becomes inactive and you cant hide there.

Overall this is already an awesome asset. I would just love to see some stuff like that. Keep it up.

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Johns_Art likes this.
  22. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Is there mobile/mobile controls support?

23. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

24. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Johns_Art likes this.
  25. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

26. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

27. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Johns_Art likes this.
  28. jrackley

jrackley

Just bought this asset and so far really liking it! Wanted to ask though if the new inventory will be available in the next update, and or will there be stackable item slots for the inventory instead of each bullet taking a whole slot?

29. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Yes, there will be this feature in update 1.5 :)

30. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

31. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

32. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Shodan0101 likes this.
  33. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

34. Ravl

Ravl

@John_Art tested 1.4b with 2017.3 and the Player prefab is broken. I sent you several emails. Can you please have a look over them?

Shodan0101 likes this.
  35. Neviah

Neviah

Was the asset removed?

36. reocwolf

reocwolf

Neviah likes this.
  37. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Yes HDK has been removed from asset store staff for fake copyright infringements ... This year asset store is giving only good notices ahah...

No problem, i am going to restore the asset asap, but they way, you can buy it from my website while i restore it from asset store.

Thanks for the patience

Shodan0101 likes this.
  38. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

When does 1.5 coming out? I know its stalled, by when do you expect release?

WHHoog, uni7y and Shodan0101 like this.
  39. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

40. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi ;) update coming soon? I see in my asset window its deprecated? Lies all Lies... ;) Cant wait for the update!

Johns_Art, WHHoog and uni7y like this.
  41. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi John, I would like to download and install v1.3 so long and test while you are busy with v1.4 as its been a really long wait so far. I cant find it in the links you shared - 1st post and also its not in my asset browser. Hope you are still "Alive and kicking" ;) Thx for the hard work!

42. uni7y

uni7y

any news on the 1.5 update?

43. uni7y

uni7y

anyone here bought the (pre) 1.5 version already?

44. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

NO it's not available yet... maybe in august..

45. uni7y

uni7y

yes there is a pre-release I know because I bought it :)

46. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

from what i know th
    sorry but i dont understand ..are you saying you bought the hdk and you downlaoded the 1.5 beta yet??

47. uni7y

uni7y

yep, I bought the pre-release on the website and got the 1.5 beta to play with

48. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

strange i contacted the author ..sincei purchased originally it on his website but after he sent me key to redeem from the store but now the store version is gone so i want to downlaod new version but dont know how..

49. uni7y

uni7y

Just contact him via the form on his website, I guess he will give you a download link then.

50. Johns_Art

Johns_Art

Hello to all!
    I've an announcement: the development of the update 1.5 is in a good state. Actually all is done and polished, but there is only one last thing to add... the save/load system. This is the most complex system that must be added to complete this asset and make it the best horror fps kit ever!

I know that a lot of you are waiting this update for months and months, but just a little more of patience, we are near to the end of the development process!! :)

Some videos will come this next month (early august) to show you the actual state of the asset and new features added!
    Now I just ask you patience, and please, don't send me every day emails or comments on YouTube just saying: "where is update?" "when update 1.5" "project dead?" "please i need update" etc. etc. I will just ignore you, i won't be rude but spamming will not make the development easier for me, will just stress me...

Maybe I will release the actual status as "Horror Development Kit - v1.5 Beta", to give you all the possibility to play around with new stuff and to "study it" so when the save/load system will be published you will be ready for the development of your games!

So, thank you all for the support given, also if 60% of people using my asset just pirated it downloading from forums etc. (when the new update will be published, we will start again with Youtube, Steam and more, copyright claims as already done with previous versions, so good luck ;)).

With love,
    John's Art - www.johnsartdev.com

Shodan0101 and uni7y like this.