Search Unity

[RELEASED] First Person RPG Complete Source Code - DEMO AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by neler93, Jun 30, 2017.

1. neler93

neler93

What is First Person RPG Complete Source Code?
    First Person RPG Complete Source Code is a pack with complete source code and artwork together with every script and media from my cancelled game The Fallen Chronicler. I worked on the game for two years, but in lack of free and spare time I needed to put the game on hold until finally bringing decision to stop working on it at all. With a huge amount of work that was put into this project, it would be a shame to just drop it into trash bin - so I decided to release a complete source code with every audio and artwork originally done by me.

What can we expect from this asset?
    Best thing is to see for yourself.

You can try our DEMO here
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0htf4gaa6n2ndmr/DEMO.rar?dl=0

You can buy the asset from AssetStore
    http://u3d.as/T2q

There are numerous features (since this is a complete game):​
    • A unique graphic style - stylized 2D sprites mixed with 3D environment​
    • Custom Character Creation with dozen races and options to customize your character​
    • Player leveling system with attributes and skill that advance with your every action. Your play style dictates what character you play​
    • Inventory system with item type tabs together with weighted system based on your character​
    • Player equipment system with light/heavy armor/clothing and sword/axe/mace/bow melee/ranged weapons.
    • NPC A.I. with daily and nightly routines (many available options from guarding a single point to wandering the world over day and sleeping in their own assigned houses over night)
    • An Interiors system where every building can be entered by player and NPCs
    • A custom Quest System that gives you ability to create awesome adventures for your players
    • NPC Dialog system in spirit of old RPG gems (Morrowind etc)
    • Crafting system with pick able ingredients - like plant that you can use to create potions
    • A input system by mouse/keyboard and total support for Dualshock 4
    • A complete time of day system with day/night cycle, custom dynamic weather system and advancement calendar
    • A mounting system with horses that you can buy and stable for faster traveling over the world
    • A readable in game system for books
    • Buyable building and properties that player can buy for a custom price and name it their home
    • Inns with rentable rooms for player to sleep (while sleeping in bed, time speed increases)
    • Music Player that will play music based on situation in which player is (Explore music will play while exploring, Battle while in combat etc.)
    • Custom tracks from original game for you to use
    • Complete artwork from original game four your project
    • NEW FEATURE AS OF 1.4v: Save/Load game
    Project comes with complete documentation that will teach you how to add new npcs/items/quests etc.

SHOWCASE IMAGES (Images depict scenes that are not part of the asset - but can be recreated fully)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    neoshaman likes this.
  2. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thats awesome! Can I change the 2d chars with 3d models?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  3. neler93

neler93

Currently as it is, npcs are coded to be represented like 2d sprites with every layer representing one part of npc (body, hair, facial hair, equipment etc) It would not be hard to swap them with 3d models but some work must be done on scripting and skinning other parts of the body so it would work ad intended.

pushingpandas likes this.
  4. neler93

neler93

Bump.

5. neler93

neler93

So, the project has been approved by Asset Store and is now available for purchase! Starting price of the project will be 35 USD!

You can buy it from here:
    http://u3d.as/T2q

Khermit and TheMessyCoder like this.
  6. neler93

neler93

DEMO scene has been updated to showcase every single feature that this asset contains. In this demo you can find various scenes showcasing the AI, Combat, Equipment and Inventory, Dialogue and other various things. Check it for yourself!

Also, update has been uploaded and awaiting approval that is bringing many fixes and those new demos with total comments about every component of the package.

7. thenamesace

thenamesace

I am looking at picking this up it looks really good in the video you have a cutscene on a boat at the start is that included as well as the menu ? I am away from computer at the moment so can't try the demo out?

Also what are your planned updates for this ? Or would you say it's complete as it is?

8. neler93

neler93

When submiting the project to AssetStore I removed all the scenes I made for my game. System for cutscenes is still in the project, but must be set up. I am currently awaiting approval for the first update where I made scripts more readable and examples where you can see how to set up NPCs, AI, Rentable Inns, Combat and Equipement etc. I am planning in next update to add a complete optional framework for Main Menu -> Loading Screne -> Playable Scene.

thenamesace likes this.
  9. thenamesace

thenamesace

Have you addressed how to set up cut scenes in the docs yet? Or is it easy enough to work out?

This looks very promising

Rajmahal likes this.
  10. neler93

neler93

I am currently working on a better cutscenes system. Every cutscene will be played from players first-person perspective and by using simple animations with Mecanim. It will come with update 1.2 together with some other major updates to the system.

thenamesace likes this.
  11. thenamesace

thenamesace

ok sounds good I have took the plunge and just brought it :)

neler93 likes this.
  12. thenamesace

thenamesace

Enjoying playing around with this so far !

one problem I seem to have is I can mount the horse in the demo but cant unmount any ideas?

13. neler93

neler93

I am glad that you find it entertaining. I just tried demo on my pc, but it is working fine. I have not idea why it is behaving like that. There is new version 1.1 that is awaiting approval, it feature improved player interactions and should be able to fix that error. I hope it will go live soon.

14. thenamesace

thenamesace

Enjoying playing around with this so far !

one problem I seem to have is I can mount the horse in the demo but cant unmount any ideas?
    I think its because I am using the latest unity I will try it on 5.5.0 although everything else works well

15. neler93

neler93

Ah, that is the reason, most probably.

thenamesace likes this.
  16. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

Hi
    The game is very similar to the games of the TES series, which I really like
    Will there be a pumping system in the future as in the Oblivion or skyrim series?
    Will there be guilds in both TES series where you need to perform quests and rise in ranks?
    Will there be a further kraft system?

17. neler93

neler93

Hey there Bogdan1995,

Yeah, the package is inspired with Elder Scrolls series but has its own flavor but it differs from it on so many levels. There will be a simple guild system with ranks that will make you friends/enemies with certain factions, but the gameplay itself together with quests is at your disposal to do with it whatever you want in what ever direction you are aiming with it . Currently there is alchemy crafting system together with cooking, but in one of next updates I will add blacksmithing with a more complex and nicely done system where you need to literally heat the blank, hammer it, put it in the water trough and so on to make a sword.
    I am also currently working on a better cinematic system in the spirit of Skyrim live cinematics, where player is part of the cinematic and where you can make anything do whatever you want (eg npcs talk to each other, or fight each other etc).

I do not understand the "pumping system" you mention? What is it?

18. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

Sorry for my english
    I mean a level system like in morrowind, oblivion, that is, if you hit with a sword then you improve possession of a sword or when you jump athletics.
    I forgot to worry, will there be a system of hacking in the future, and a system of stealing?

19. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

In my opinion, your source code is quite interesting, he was very interested in me

20. neler93

neler93

Ah, yeah. There is skill based leveling system. Every action you do, hit someone with a sword, jump/run, talk to npcs etc will increase skill that is used by that interaction. When 3 skills have been increase you gain one level - though you can change how much skills need to be leveled before you can level up your character.

There is system of ownership for items and interiors. If item is belonging to some npc your crosshair will turn read to inform you that you are committing a crime. If someone sees you you gain crime score and automatically joins bandit faction. Every npc belonging to bandit faction will become friendly, while opposite faction, guards, will become hostile.

21. neler93

neler93

New version 1.1 has been approved on the Asset Store and now i available for download. It brings example scenes for every feature in the pack with explanation on how to use them. It also bring fixes for warning in some version of Unity and other various fixes.

You can get the First Person RPG Complete Project here: http://u3d.as/T2q

22. erichey

erichey

I'm definitely interested in the package! Looks very cool! :)

Any chance it will go on sale any time soon?

Also, is there UNET multiplayer support?

23. neler93

neler93

Well, I submitted the asset for a sale, but its on the Asset Store staff to manage sales.
    Sadly no, the asset has been written for single-player only. It would take a lot, A LOT, of work to implement multiplayer in its current state.

24. erichey

erichey

Okay. Is there a demo available for mac?

25. neler93

neler93

No, demo is available only for Windows.

26. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

Good morning. i saw your asset and i have bought it. I just want you to know that i hope you will continue support for this asset and dont just give up on it like most asset publishers. :) Look forward to working with you.

27. neler93

neler93

Thank you for your purchase! I am currently working on fixing a few bugs and adding new in-game cinematic system and will upload it in a week, or two. I will not stop supporting this asset. ;)

28. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

do you have a website set up for a support forum and bugs and stuff or is unity forums all we get?

How do I get it like the demo you have in the video?

Also will you be updating to unity 2017?

29. neler93

neler93

Well, there is no website for now, but I am looking into setting one up. Demo that is shown is not part of the package, it says so in the video description. It is for demonstration purposes only.

Currently as things are, I will not port it to Unity 2017 just yet.

30. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

I understand. I will get more into it when I get home. Thanks...also a discord chat wouldn't be too much to ask for would it?

31. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

i get this error when i go to prepare my scene

This scene can not be prepeared.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PrepareSceneForStart:OnGUI() (at Assets/FPRPG Source Code/Editor/TheFallenChronicler Editor/PrepareSceneForStart.cs:38)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

32. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

and this when i try to do mass grass placement

You have chosen a detail index which is higher than the number of detail prototypes in your detail libary. Indices starts at 0
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    GrassCreator:OnWizardCreate() (at Assets/FPRPG Source Code/Editor/GrassCreator.cs:29)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

33. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

you know you give no real documentation of how to set things up. how to get the UI to work, how to setup the main menu or how to get it to go to the character creation scene from the main menu. i keep getting errors such as its missing a game object
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '') is missing!

that is when i play the character creation scene.

there are alot of details missing. like how to get the UI to show up on a new scene. or any of that stuff...i know how to use unity however i dont even know how to put this puzzle together for me to even start. im just looking for the outside pieces of the puzzle. once you help me get it started then i am sure that the inside of the puzzle will be better to fit.

34. neler93

neler93

This is not a kit. This is a source code of a cancelled game put together with various examples on various mechanics. In almost every scene you can see how Player, UI and Game Manager works. It gives you numerous things to use in your projects, or use everything as a base for your game. I am preparing more addition to the docs about many things that this package contains - but in truth there are so many things you get with this that it is very hard to document them all in a short period of time.

I sent you a pm about all those NULLs you are getting.

35. Daftsins

Daftsins

I would suggest adding one playable scene from your game... It would make it a lot easier, if you'd see everything working together in one scene... Or at least add a scene with everything setup. like a prefab for a new scene, because if you just add those prefabs like shown in the documantation, you still have to assign a lot of things and this would make it a lot easier :) It would show how the cities work, how the quests and cutscenes are setup in real scenerio.

36. neler93

neler93

There a is new update 1.2 waiting for approval and it comes with a new in game cinematic system and various fixes. That update took more of my time than I intended, but for the next update 1.3 I will add a funcional mini-game scene with all features together. I am alo looking to add a save/load game system with it as well, if everything go as intended. It will take some time, probably a month or two, but I hope that it will be worth it. :)

LoDx likes this.
  37. Daftsins

Daftsins

And wouldn't it be easier to just edit some scene from the canceled game, so you don't have to spend so much time? It would probably catch peoples attention more, if they knew, that there is a working demo scene with everything...

38. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Saw this in a Unity group I'm in on Skype, and the asset flippers are already hyped about you releasing the full demo scene from the preview so they can toss it up on various markets. I suggest you continue with your mini-game scene that you mentioned above; having all functionality on display in a single room even, should be fine. You're providing an asset template 35 dollars, not a beta game for 35 dollars. I'm currently polishing my FPS solution for release on the asset store, and being in that group has helped me really fine-tune what I plan to release. I want my tool to encourage people to learn and grow as developers in the process of using it, and hopefully they can become skilled developers some day.

I hope you can find the sweet-spot and provide enough for developers to have a nice solution, and not provide too much as to facilitate the ongoing "Asset Flipping" trend; which I've only known to devalue products from the asset store. Good luck! I'll be watching your progress as I'm a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls and this reminds me of Arena and Daggerfall a lot. I look forward to seeing what comes of this and what developers are able to do with it.

39. neler93

neler93

TE
    Thank you, for showing interest in my package. It is very difficult wraping all the features I added (from full FirstaPerson controller to little bits like dynamic window lights etc etc) and putting it online as a beginner friendly package. I did my best, though there are some things that I will fix/modify to make them user friendly.
    I will make the scene using my old scenes from the game, but the main reason was copyright. I hold rights to my world and lore, and it would be a real hard working removing all the little references from the world about it. That is why I decided to do a complete mini level demo that I will upload with the next 1.3 update.

40. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

How does the new cinematic feature work? Can you update your documentation regarding that? And I hope that save and load is coming soon :) Thank you!!!

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Is it possible to use 3d characters instead of 2d pixel?

42. neler93

neler93

I am currently on vacation till late august. When I get back home, I will add cinematics section to documentation and will also begin making video tutorials.
    Curently, as it is, 3d characters are not suported, but they can be replaced easily by someone who knows his way with c# and mecanim.

Khermit and pushingpandas like this.
  43. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

enjoy your vacation

neler93 likes this.
  44. Khermit

Khermit

Hi !
    I bought your asset, an awesome asset IMO. It's perfect for what I have planned . Really, I love the weather system, the skills system, weapon animations, the different AI's, and the different type of quest. It's really impressive, and you have my all respect. You supply a complete game system.

I have juste one question : I would like to change your conversation system (topics) with a Obsidian's system (like Baldur's Gate, arcanum and so on). Is it simple to change it and keep the compatibility with your quest system ? Your topic's system is very massive, and i'm little lost with all your programmation.

Enjoy your vacation, you did a great job.

Some bugs :
    -With Unity 5.6, we have memory leak when we use inventory or Menu. I don't know why... and it's specific to version 5.6.
    -In Unity 5.5, NPC, don't attack the player, with a bug report "Null reference" in the script NPC AI Navmesh, line 228. Change "target.GetComponent<NPCAiNavmesh>().target" to "target.GetComponent<NPCAiNavmesh>()" and it's work.

PS: Sorry for my english.

emperor12321 likes this.
  45. ZomBJ

ZomBJ

Hey, hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Love the package. But I am currently having an issue where mouse clicks only seem to work in the UI, not in game. I can't attack, I can't rotate the map, etc. But equipping and navigating the menus is no problem. I also noticed it happens in the demo as well (standalone outside of Unity). I don't think it's my mouse, it's just a standard USB mouse. I am using 5.6 and I noticed it was built on 5.5. Anyways, I am not sure what's up and would appreciate some help when you get a chance. Thanks!

46. neler93

neler93

Hey there Khermit!
    Тhe asset has been made using Unity version 5.5.0f3 to be exact and I have not yet delved into porting it into newer versions of Unity so I can not tell you nothing about the memory leak. Someone also reported to me that leak but I can not do anything at the moment because I am still working on new things and fixes for version on Unity 5.5.0f3.
    I am not able to reproduce errer with NPC attacking the player. Are you sure you are using newer version 1.2?

Thank you for showing support by buying the package, ZomBJ!

As I said earlier, package has been built for Unity 5.5.0f3 and will work best when used with that version. It should not drop any error that is package related, only user related. (user not using package as he should etc) Is the standalone you are mentioning the one from the forums that I uploaded or your own build?

Khermit likes this.
  47. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

hello. I am trying to get the time of day/month/year onto my main canvas so that it can be seen at all times. i see you have it in the world map but when i duplicate it and place it into my main canvas where the health bar and compass and such is then it doesnt ever change the time. why is that? where is it calling the time from?

i have other questions too and will post them as i go. i am trying to test things out one at a time right now...

thanks

using unity 5.5.0f3

48. ShadLandProjects

ShadLandProjects

Any support?

49. neler93

neler93

Forgive me for not answering you earlier, I somehow have not seen your post.

You can access current time of day, day, month and year settings in the script TodClock.cs that is by default on my example scenes attached to [GameManager] gameObject. UI element that is shown when world map is open is placed in the CurrentTime variable of that script. By using it as a example, you can also place your UI elements and assign them in the same manner as CurrentTime variable.

50. AnthonyMyers

AnthonyMyers

Hey I just want to say this is a great asset!! it reminded me of ( parappa the rapper meets mine craft ) and I'm very happy with my purchase the demo was great and ran with no problems my son loved it and that was good enough for me plus the price is very good (hes a big mine craft fan) but the enemy ai throws up NullReferancException if(target.GetComponet<NPCAiNavmssh>().target == player)error just want to let you know and if there was a fix? and thanks agin for the great asset I'm finding it very insightfully

I noticed that on your reviews you spoke to a customer about having the right released version of unity I'm using unity 2017 if its not compatible can you let me know so i can get the version that is and I've tried to reach your email repeatably but it states that its invalid.

Hope this finds you well -Tony-