Search Unity

[RELEASED] FingerGestures - Robust input gestures at your fingertips!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Bugfoot, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Pablopuncho0

Pablopuncho0

Hi all, I just purchased Finger Gestures and have an issue I need help with. I am creating a 2D Project where my user will swipe a 2D sprite consistently to create Force to move a GameObject in a certain direction. Currently I am Raycasting from the Camera to detect if I am hitting the sprite. I want to incorporate Finger Gestures into this and do any with my current script. What would be the best Method to detect the swipe and its speed or velocity, store it in a private var, and move my gameObject across the -X axis based on that value? I want to do this using Finger Gestures. Thanks!

2. Codetastic

Codetastic

Sure looks like there are a lot of customer questions going on in this thread; so I'll do my part and add another one! ;) What I am wondering is if you're planning on adding multi-stroke custom gestures/point clouds, and if so, when do you think such a thing would be done?

On another note would be great if the points were editable/movable after they are drawn rather than having to start the whole stroke over.

[EDIT]
    Just saw on your site's roadmap that you plan on adding multi-stroke support. I guess I'll just have to eagerly await it then!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. outtoplay

outtoplay

Could use a bit of help, as William seems unavailable.

Simple scene where spawned objects (hunters) 'look at' and move toward a target object.
    I'd like to be able to drag from a 'hunter' to another object to change the 'hunter's' target. I can get OnDrag() to recognize my start and ended GesturePhase, just not sure how to get it to recognize the object under the start and the object under the end.

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1413577/Retarget-on-Drag2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  4. Krodil

Krodil

Any ideas why I am getting this?
    Just imported 3.0 after deleting the old files.

5. SteveJ

SteveJ

Just started a new project, added a single Tap Recognizer, and I get the following error (repeated) when I run the project. Are there issues with the current version?

6. Krodil

Krodil

7. Krodil

Krodil

@outtoplay
    hey man,
    I am not quite sure what you mean.
    But here goes.
    What if you assign a restricted gesture(one only used for this particular action) to the target shift?
    like 3tripleTap an object would automatically assign it as target for hunters. This could be made with more finesse ofc. like first tap adresses the hunter and then touch the NEW target...just an idea.
    your idea sounds cool though... any progress?
    -Krodil

8. SteveJ

SteveJ

9. Krodil

Krodil

@SteveJ
    kk, I followed the same tut a while back. No errors at all.

when does the error occur (how far down in the tut)? did you setup fingergestures?
    From the code it looks like you did not assign the script(s) the right places.
    You could post your object hierarchy and the scripts attached to the objects in the scene.

10. SteveJ

SteveJ

Okay... so maybe I missed a step... ;)

11. yanebra

yanebra

I have a questions here.

If I have two gameobjects overlapping, One will be destroyed and instantiate another one at the same position, they both are scripted swipe to right will audio.play(), but when I test it and swipe on the third time, two of them will play the audio, how can i fix it??
    I have tried Destroy the gameobject, but the function cannot be reuse anymore....

scripts below.

var newfab:GameObject[];

function OnEnable(){
    FingerGestures.OnFingerSwipe += FingerGestures_OnFingerSwipe;
    }

function FingerGestures_OnFingerSwipe( fingerIndex : int, startPos : Vector2, direction : FingerGestures.SwipeDirection, velocity : float )
    {
    if (direction == FingerGestures.SwipeDirection.Right){
    audio.Play();
    this.active=false;
    Instantaite(newfab[Random.Range(0,newfab.length)]);
    }
    }

Thx
    Yan

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  12. Team-Beachbum

Team-Beachbum

Hey everyone...

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet?

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FingerHoverEvent].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    FingerEventDetector`1[T].GetEvent (Int32 fingerIndex) (at Assets/Plugins/FingerGestures/Scripts/Base/FingerEventDetector.cs:106)
    FingerEventDetector`1[T].GetEvent (.Finger finger) (at Assets/Plugins/FingerGestures/Scripts/Base/FingerEventDetector.cs:101)
    FingerHoverDetector.ProcessFinger (.Finger finger) (at Assets/Plugins/FingerGestures/Scripts/Finger Event Detectors/FingerHoverDetector.cs:58)
    FingerEventDetector.ProcessFingers () (at Assets/Plugins/FingerGestures/Scripts/Base/FingerEventDetector.cs:156)
    FingerEventDetector.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/FingerGestures/Scripts/Base/FingerEventDetector.cs:144)

A workaround is to load the level again... but that's USUALLY not very practical to get this to work correctly!!

William, can we look forward to a fix for this soon?

Otherwise... how can I initially tap the screen and get back the object I just tapped using Unity Remote and Finger Gestures WITHOUT reloading the application???

Thanks!
    -DC

13. victor-biosphera

victor-biosphera

Hi!

im dont found any instructions to use fingergetures with javascript, only with C,
    How difficult is convert TBOrbit.cs to javascript?

14. victor-biosphera

victor-biosphera

looking on the documents, i fount this:

"The main API scripts are located in the Plugins folder so that they can be accessed from scripts written in UnityScript (javascript) as well."
    http://fingergestures.fatalfrog.com/docs/manual:package_content?s[]=javascript

but i dont understand how... can you write one single script (or a scene) that do it, like a simple tap, please?

15. pretender

pretender

Hi! Can i somehow get older version of finger gestures? new one seems to break my project.
    i didnt have unity package, i used asset store for purchase. can i get a hold of the developer somehow?
    i will provide invoice no,date and email tied to the purchase, thanks!

16. fadzuli

fadzuli

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but how can I setup finger gesture tap gestures so that I won't receive a single tap event the same frame that I receive a double tap event?

17. jerotas

jerotas

I upgraded to the 3.0 version and no matter what I tweaked, I could not get the pinch recognizer to trigger with a single click of my mouse scroll wheel. Now it takes 2 clicks to fire the event. On the old FingerGestures, a single click of the scroll wheel worked. Is there a way to tweak this to work?

18. atmuc

atmuc

does it work for multitouches on windows 8 touch laptops? i mean windows standalone desktop, not windows store applications.

19. _Max_

_Max_

Hi,

Can you make the manual in .pdf format, I wish to print and follow this as a guide.

Also I hope 3.1 will be out of Beta soon, i know this is due?

20. Reshad

Reshad

Hi I am using finger gesture for dragging object. My object has a collider but it doesn't collide with other colliders. So how can I detect collision? Moreover I want to give rigid body force to my object when dragging according to the touch start and touch stop distance. Please tell me also how can i do it? Thank you.

21. Krodil

Krodil

hey Reshad,
    first. Do you know how to work with physics/does it work without FG?
    second. If you use the TbDragToMove etc. you can access the deltaGesture and TotalRotation etc. this you can use as input into your physics.

/best

22. Reshad

Reshad

Krodil, I am using TBDragToMOve to drag my rigid body object. But I can't detect the drag direction by which i can add velocity to my rigid body to that direction. Because i want to add some force to my rigid body in dragging direction after the dragging is complete. And I am not expert in coding. So any help will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

23. Krodil

Krodil

maybe add the delta(from start to end gesture) to velocity in a direction.
    for instance add the distance*some value to the transform.position based on direction.
    The direction is probably something you can find by a vector.
    Did you search the FG forum, might already be answered. Or consult the manual.

24. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Hey I just updated to the newest version of finger gestures and it broke there is no longer a finger swipe event and it seems like some of the prefabs have null data.

FingerGestures.OnFingerSwipe

25. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

I'm having the same problem FingerGestures.OnFingerSwipe. Finger Gesture seems to be abandoned?

26. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

How do we get support for this plugin? I've tried the forum on the dev's website, tried sending him an email... no reply for a week.

Maybe someone here has figured out how to get multiple TB scripts working together for the new v3? For example:
    TBPan and TBPinch Zoom

They seem to conflict with each other. Should we just not use those scripts and build our own?

27. nilton_felicio

nilton_felicio

This is a big problem with vendors and their products within the Asset Store. It is not the first product that I get no support. Likewise there are honest people there are also people who deceive you. I lost some money here now because of this. Finger Gesture was a great product, shame that this abandoned.

28. Nabil_fx

Nabil_fx

I need to draw a path, with the finger. and have a reset button to clear the screen, any help!!!

29. chillypacman

chillypacman

Hi There,

I'm using this plugin but am stuck with something.

I'd like it to automatically approve a gesture without waiting for the mouse to release, so if I draw a circle even with the mouse down it will still register as a valid circle drawn (from the point cloud gesture recognizer).

Any ideas how to do this?

30. SteveJ

SteveJ

I have the following in a Start() function on a script.

Code (csharp):
    2. FingerGestures.Defaults.DoubleTap.MaxDelayBetweenTaps = 1.0f;
    3. FingerGestures.Defaults.DoubleTap.MaxDuration = 1.5f;
    Regardless of what I set the values to though, the behaviour of the double-tap doesn't change - it still requires a very quick double-tap to work.

Am I using this correctly?

31. MS80

MS80

Hi, I am interested in FingerGesture asset in combination with Playmaker!

Is it possible to get the touch dimensions (w,h,r) with FingerGesture? I use win7 and a PQLabs Multitouch device and it offers these parameters....
    I need a solution for a interactive bar where user can place glasses, dishes on the multitouch device, also the user should be able to interact with his fingers... the dimesions of a touch (width, height, radius) input should trigger different states (for finger and object interaction depending on their dimension)!

Thanks in advance

32. pKallv

pKallv

Hi, is it possible to simulate a two finger tap?

33. Banksy

Banksy

Is it just me or are no questions being answered on the official support forum ??
    ( the forum where users paid for the product )

34. _kevinjulian

_kevinjulian

Hello, how to recognize point cloud gestures just when we follow the line, not on the random screen we want?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  35. se7en

se7en

So is this dead? Trying to use it in a Unity 5 project with Javascript because its a previous game that I had working with an older version of FingerGestures. I used to subscribe to the events like this...

FingerGestures.OnFingerEvent += FingerGestures_OnFingerDown;

function FingerGestures_OnFingerDown ( e : FingerEvent)
    {
    // Do Something
    }

It works with the Finger Event but not these...
    • FingerUpDetector.OnFingerUp( FingerUpEvent e )
    • FingerDownDetector.OnFingerDown( FingerDownEvent e )
    • FingerHoverDetector.OnFingerHover( FingerHoverEvent e )
    • FingerMotionDetector.OnFingerMove( FingerMotionEvent e )
    • FingerMotionDetector.OnFingerStationary( FingerMotionEvent e )
    • FingerGestures.OnFingerEvent( FingerEvent e )
    Anyone have an ideas what I am doing wrong? thx : )

36. King_Arsl

King_Arsl

how can i use 2 touches on DragMove i need to detect two different drags by two different figures

37. SteveJ

SteveJ

Has anyone who was using FingerGestures found a really good equivalent replacement? i.e. something that functions in basically the same way?

ibyte and funx like this.
  38. funx

funx

I'd like to know too. I've found "Lean Touch" and "Fingers" on the Asset Store but am yet to figure out how much work is involved in changing my code to work with these.

39. SteveJ

SteveJ

I'm using Easy Touch 5 now. Works very nicely and in a (basically) similar way to FingerGestures in terms of events and responding to events.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3322