Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan

Hi, just bought your package today. I can't understand one thing exactly. How do you make a sun disk output a brighter color? I need it for HDR bloom so I need sun disk's HDR value to be much higher. How do I achieve this?

2. Inspeinre

Inspeinre

Today, I also bought this wonderful product, will be tested)

Vondox likes this.
  3. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

take a look in "EnviroSky 1.6" Prefab under "Sky". There you can modify the sun disk colors, intensity/scale and Tonemapping. You also should check out the "LightShafts" intensity and colors. All graphs in enviro represents a complete day from 0:00 - 24:00.
    Further more i posted a quick fix for sky fog here the page before. You should add this fix or fog will be too thick in sky and maybe blocks your sundisk too much.

I hope i could help you! Send me a mail if you need further support :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  4. evilangel89

evilangel89

Hi @Vondox,

I use the Invector 3rd person controller. When I assign the camera object to the Enviro object, it continuously seems to zoom out , reset position and zoom out again.

Do you make changes to the camera's transform by any chance in Enviro scripts to change camera transform's position ?

5. Vondox

Vondox

No nothing will be changed on camera or player object by Enviro. Enviro will just read out the player transform positions and camera farclip distance. I currently don't know why it should brake your controller :/ Maybe send me a screenshot of your EnviroSky prefab and scene hierachy per e-mail to fix this.

6. evilangel89

evilangel89

Sure thing. Just dropped you a mail. The issue doesn't occur when I set a fixed height under Enviro prefab position section.

Everything else so far seems to be amazing. The tool packs quite a punch and I have gained a lot of FPS from the super performance taxing implementation I used previously.

Are volumetric lights still on the table for the tool ?

Attached Files:

7. evilangel89

evilangel89

I am also spotting this thin outline around the leaves of my speedtrees sometimes. Haven't been able to properly tell if this is caused when clouds are present. I will check on this more.

upload_2017-2-14_21-39-52.png

Attached Files:

8. Vondox

Vondox

I will check this out! Thanks for report.

9. Vondox

Vondox

What Unity version are you currently using? I am on 5.5.1, DX11, Linear Colorspace and Deffered Rendering an get this results:

Maybe also try to disable your Image Effects one by one if you using same setup as mine?
    SpeedTreeTest.jpg

evilangel89 and kurotatsu like this.
  10. evilangel89

evilangel89

Hey @Vondox

Thanks for the excellent support! The reason for the camera's odd behavior was like you correctly predicted, one of my raycasts was hitting on the Enviro zones. I had to scale down the zone to fix it. But I guess I will instead increase the range since it's a trigger collider if it works for me.

As for the speed tree outlines, you are right again. It seems that AA is the culprit here. But this is hardly a problem with the clouds like I initially believed. It's just that turning out the clouds merely didn't give the AA effect a chance to fool around. I will see how I come around this.

Thanks a bunch again!

11. Vondox

Vondox

No problem! I actually have added unity's AA and still don't run into this issue. Feel free to contact me if you need further support.

Greetings,
    Hendrik

kurotatsu and evilangel89 like this.
  12. evilangel89

evilangel89

Also your helpful tip solved my AA problem too! . AA was the first image effect executed here which was a really stupid mistake on my part. AA has to be the last. It was conflicting with SSAO before.

Thanks a lot really. Your support is awesome! Keep the tool amazing!

Vondox and kurotatsu like this.
  13. Discord

Discord

Quick question. Anytime the rain starts in my scene, I get the following error.

It looks like AudioSourceWeather isn't directly assigned through the inspector, and the audio section of Enviro Sky already has the SFX Holder prefab assigned. Not really sure how this is supposed to be taken care of, didn't see anything in the docs.

14. Vondox

Vondox

Try to delete The "Enviro Effects" object in your scene hierachy and start your game again.

Greetings,
    VoND

kurotatsu likes this.
  15. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I ran into that too, thanks for the tip.

16. Vondox

Vondox

No problem! I will add a fix in next update for this issue.

kurotatsu likes this.
  17. Discord

Discord

Unfortunately I don't seem to have an "Enviro Effects" object in my scene. I also don't have any component with that name.

18. Vondox

Vondox

Okay :/
    Please send me an screenshot of your scene hierachy and EnviroSky Component to my mail. The "Enviro Effects" gameObject will be created when EnviroSky gets enabled and can't be found in your scene.

19. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Not to throw shade onto anyone's environmental effects, but has anyone compared this to Tenkoku.

Thanks

20. evilangel89

evilangel89

Not to bash on it but I felt tenkoku was kinda overpriced for what if offered. Enviro seemed to be offer the same or more with quality integration with most other tools I used. Right now it's my tool of choice for weather effects.

21. Ikarus76

Ikarus76

Hi, I just bought your Asset. After Import, I had to add some standard unity assets, to get it running. But I still have some exceptions. I'm still new to Unity but maybe you can help here.
    Thanks you in advance,
    Michael

Attached Files:

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Michael,

sorry for the issues, i will release a patch in the next days to fix these errors! For now please try this:
    1. Check your "MainCamera" and delete "EnviroFog" and "EnviroLightshafts" component.
    2. Delete Enviro folder and do a fresh import.
    3. Check "EnviroSky 1.6" prefab in your scene and assign your player and camera.
    4. Start your game.
    Feel free to contact me on my mail if you run into problems :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  23. Ikarus76

Ikarus76

WORKED! Thank you!

kurotatsu, Vondox and evilangel89 like this.
  24. evilangel89

evilangel89

Since @Vondox has suggested enviro may not be the best tool for your requirement, I would suggest checking out tenkoku dynamic Sky. It can't beat enviro's visual fidelity the way I feel but it does advertise realistic constellation maps.

25. keifyb

keifyb

hi there, got this asset in the sale. its pretty good so far. im using it with ufps multiplayer. i also have the problem with the sounds, seems like its not working correctly while set to 'assign in runtime'. i get the thunder and ambience sounds but not the rain sounds.

Also i unzipped the EnviroPhotonIntegration but i get this error -

Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/NetworkIntegration/EnviroPhotonIntegration.cs(17,13): error CS1061: Type `PhotonView' does not contain a definition for `observed' and no extension method `observed' of type `PhotonView' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

im no coder so i don't know how to fix this.

edit : i took out that line and the error went away, i can't find anything in the manual about it. do i just bung it on the envirosky thing?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  26. Vondox

Vondox

About the sound issue here is a workaround until 1.6.1 is released:
    1. Temporary assign a random gameObject as Player and a Camera as PlayerCamera (you can create new one).
    2. Disable "AssignOnRuntime" and disable and enable EnviroSky component. This will instantiate the "Enviro Effects" object and assign it automaticly.
    3. After that remove the temporary player and camera and enable "AssignOnRuntime" again.
    About Photon Integration:
    You have to add this component on your "EnviroSky 1.6" prefab. Thats all :)

About the error:
    I have to check what version of Photon PUN i used to create the Integration. If there were changes i will update integration to support latest version.

kurotatsu likes this.
  27. keifyb

keifyb

cool beans!! thanx that fixed the sound nicely.
    also after i took out line 17 in that photon script it kind of works, no error anyway. the position of the sun is in the right place when logging out and logging back in but it looks like the weather isn't matching up. im having fun anyways :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  28. malkere

malkere

Any examples of multiple satellite use? Thanks =D

29. Harekelas

Harekelas

Thanks! I've already got Tenkoku, it's just Tenkoku's skybox is not compatible with Ceto Ocean right now, and it only have 3 cloud types too, so I'm looking for other assets that may give me the chance to create more cloud types.
    Now it seems I should keep using Tenkoku and figure out how to add more cloud types.
    Still, I bought Enviro anyway, another pile of scripts I can study on... ;)

30. clickmatch

clickmatch

You know Ceto is gone, right? So not really an issue. (I'm still very annoyed about it, too)

31. evilangel89

evilangel89

For a great value for money water, I highly recommend "Aquas" for the features it offers. Although only @Vondox could comment on any compatibility issues between the two assets. I only own aquas lite and that's not a full feature pack; However the comforting point is that I've still not run into issues with that water shader.

kurotatsu and Shodan0101 like this.
  32. Vondox

Vondox

I am currently uploading version 1.6.1 including a few essential fixes. Should be online in the next days.

I will add a guide in the documentation when 1.6.1 is released. This patch also includes a fix for additional satellites.

malkere likes this.
  33. Orizz81

Orizz81

Hi there,
    I purchased Environ today and its a great plugin. I have a few questions.

1. My player moves very fast at certain points and the rain has to 'catch up', this obviously doesn't look great, is there a workaround?
    2. I'm using the ooti camera rig. I assign the player and camera and when I run it sometimes there are no sounds (raining for example) it doesn't follow the player at all just stays at the starting location. Other times it works fine, it seems to be random.
    3. I drag the less cloud prefab onto my scene and assign it to my default zone. When I run the game it is immediately removed and replaced with 'clear' (even with 'change weather' turned off)

I've just seen this error which might help. Only some of the prefabs have Sfx set, others dont by default, do I need to assign something or can I leave it blank

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable AudioSourceWeather of EnviroSky has not been
    You probably need to assign the AudioSourceWeather variable of the EnviroSky script in the inspector.

I'm using Unity 5.5.1.f1

Thanks
    Paul

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    kurotatsu likes this.
  34. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Is this perhaps the same bug like this one I posted some months ago? I am not able to test 1.6 and waiting for 1.6.1 to be sure, but I thought it was fixed:

35. Harekelas

Harekelas

I checked Aquas from time to time, not sure if it suits my needs. I need the water system mainly for infinite ocean, and with big waves in deep sea, calm shallows near a beach. Aquas seems focused on limited water plate, and the wave calculation seems not tesselated makes it looks more like lakes but not oceans. For now I found Ceto can suit my needs very well but its author has already abandoned the asset, there is no place to require further supports. It's kinda annoying...

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Paul!
    1. Drag and drop the weather prefabs with rain/snow in your scene. The particle effects are attached on each weather prefab as childs. To work with high movespeed you want to higher "Shape" -> "Radius" for example. You may also move down the whole particle effect a bit and set a lower "Duration" and "Start Lifetime" or modify the particle "Start Speed". Don't forget to apply the changes you made and remove the weatherprefab from your scene!
    2. When you not using "AssignOnRuntime" and have a "Enviro Effects" object in your scene remove it and start the game. This is just a workaround it is fixed in 1.6.1 that should be online soon.
    3. You don't need to drag weather prefabs directly in your scene. Just add the prefabs from your project in "Weather Prefabs" List of your zones. All needed weather systems for all your zones will be spawned on start.
      When "WeatherUpdate" is enabled zone will choose a matching weather from the list.(It will check the season
      probabilitys). If disable the first weather will be choosen. With default settings: "Clear".
      weatherSetup.jpg

Greetings,
    Hendrik

kurotatsu likes this.
  37. edub101

edub101

Hi,
    I purchased Enviro and was wondering about the season-swapping feature (the reason I got the asset!). Is it possible to swap out the Unity Terrain "detail" texture objects (like flowers and grass) for each season, in a similar way to how the terrain textures themselves can be swapped? To clarify, I am talking about the grass details painted on the terrain like trees, that react to the windzone. I wanted to have flowers for spring, and turn the 2D flower detail textures into non-flowering versions of the plant for summer, or maybe swap summer plant textures with a fall version that has berries. Can this be done? I assume these textures operate in a similar way to the terrain textures that Enviro can swap out, but I didn't see anything except a "tint" option for grass.
    -Thanks to anyone that knows how to keep my spring-time flowers in the spring!

38. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Hi edbu101 thats possible and Enviro supports it.
    Take a look to Page 12 of the documentation. This is possible with "Enviro Mesh Season" for switching Texture on a Mesh or with "Enviro Season Object Switcher" if you want to change the whole object like dry grass, full flow grass etc.
    But:
    Like all scripts that change grasses or trees on Terrain this only works if your grasses and trees are spawned as separate Gameobjects and not as Unity Terrain Grasses or Trees. You can't change the model or size of different grasses / trees that are spawned or as Unity Terrain grasses / trees in game. That's an Unity limitation.

So if you want to change objects during different seasons or simple use the growth Script of Enviro you must spawn all trees and grasses as separate objects and not using the Unity Terrain Brush for grasses and trees.

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Vondox likes this.
  39. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

changing textures from detail objects in your terrain isn't supported at the moment. That's why i created a new test component to have the possibility to change grass based on season.

Here are steps to setup:
    1. Create and paint 4 details in your terrain like always. These represents the four seasons.
    2. After that create a duplicate of the "terrainData" from this terrain. (To quickly find this in your project click on the "Terrain Data" field in Terrain Collider component. (We don't want to modify original terrainData! Currently whenever you update your terrain you have to redo this step. I may improve this in future but for now it's better than nothing)
    3. Add the new component on a object in your scene. Make sure to assign "Terrain" and the "Terrain Data" we created on step 2 to the new component.
    4. Now you only need to set correct Index for each season. The first detail in the terrain is 0!
    Please tell if this is working for you! If you need further help feel free to contact me.

Greetings,
    VoND

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    kurotatsu and evilangel89 like this.
  40. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox ,

I've done a fresh install of this asset (latest version) and standard assets required and still no raindrops, puddles or snow onn ground evident?

41. Orizz81

Orizz81

Hi thanks for your answers.

Is there a way to make the sounds loop without it stopping and starting, it ruins the effect with the half a second pause on each loop. (noticeable on heavy rain)

Can I choose what objects the rain bounces off of? I don't want the rain effect bouncing off certain prefabs
    Thanks

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Duffer,

yea i forgot a prefab in 5.5.1 version. That's why it still want to import the FirstPersonController.cs. :/

I think you are using Gamma Colorspace. For Gamma Colorspace you have to move up the puddle holder a little bit. I can't tell why but it helps xD Also go into the RainDrop Material and set Light Intensity to 1. Or switch to Linear Lighting and let it on default.

Greetings,
    VoND

43. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry that heavy rain loop isn't 100% looping at the moment. You may want to switch to another sound file.
    Yes take a look in "Collision" module of Rain particle effect. There you can define the "Collides With" layer.

44. evilangel89

evilangel89

The shaders for snow and puddles, are these terrain shaders or just mesh shaders ? If possible could you upload a few video tutorials on how to do random stuff you have on the documentation ? Like integration with 3rd party assets for instance. I have a feeling the documentation is outdated here and there :)

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

the included shaders are for meshes. For terrain's you can use RTP or LUX shaders. I may create some tutorial videos in future, but want to focus on improving enviro's features and adding missing stuff in documentation first.
    Feel free to send me a mail if something is unclear :)

Greetings,
    Hendrik

kurotatsu likes this.
  46. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Here's a quick pic of Testing Enviro in my Featured Assets project for AI Warrior:

Seph4 2017-02-20 09-04-59-94.png

All I can say is WOW!!!

Edit:

Forgot to add, that I added a heavy rain zone to my bosses spawner, so when the boss shows up, the clouds darken and it starts raining, VERY cool.

47. Subtellite

Subtellite

I have a suggestion. It might be a hard one, I have tried it myself and I have been struggling with it. So since the rain makes puddles, can you make a snow make tiny particles, stacking upon eachother, being able to move being hit by another object, for example a car.
    So basically "real" snow effect on the ground, with car being able to leave tire trails, and snowplow being able to force snow asside like in real life.
    I tried this myself for some time, not sure which would be bast way to do it.

kurotatsu likes this.
  48. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Subtellite,

sorry i currently don't plan to add that kind of feature.
    A flexible and performant solution for faked trails would be a some kind of trail renderer like this asset:
    http://www.freebord-game.com/index.php/mesh-trail
    Do it in a realistic physically way like you suggest, would be a hard task to create and a most likely perfomance hungry effect.
    So for most games the best option i think would be to fake this kind of effect in your surface/terrain shaders or maybe in a snow image effect like this asset:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/79795

Greetings,
    Hendrik

49. marcrem

marcrem

Hi, Can you provide details on how the time of day is working?

Are you using DateTime?

I basically need to control the time externally from one of my scripts so I'd like to know how you control it.

Edit: Can I use your clouds and have them cover a specific coordinate in the scene, as well as a specific size, for each clouds I need ?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  50. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

I already planned to extend time of day in next update to include minutes and seconds. Currently you need to convert minutes and seconds to hours. If you need help write me a mail and i can provide a function that handles this for you.

Edit: Sorry the clouds aren't designed to be controlled that way out of the box :/

Greetings,
    Hendrik

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    kurotatsu likes this.