Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Tethys

Tethys

This asset looks so wonderful! As an Uber and RTP user I love the idea of it being integrated into our shader workflow as we use Uber or RTP on everything in our environment.

We currently use Time of Day for our lighting day/night cycle. Anyone here have the two and can compare?

2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I plan on buying this while on sale today. Will you be adding MegaSplat integration?

evilangel89 likes this.
  3. keifyb

keifyb

anyone tried it with ufps multiplayer?

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sorry MegaSplat integration isn't planned at the moment. I don't know MegaSplat and can't tell how well runtime edits/changes are possible with this asset.

5. Duffer123

Duffer123

And i have just purchased... ;)

It was the continued development and Playmaker support that swung it for me.

6. Duffer123

Duffer123

Support for Gaia and Landscape Builder?

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sorry i can't test at the moment. But if you run into any issues i can provide you a fix/support quickly!

8. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks :) Just make sure to remove other directional lights. If you run into issues send me a mail ;)

9. facundogalella

facundogalella

I've purchased the asset today so maybe in the future I will need some help, anyway I have one Main Camera, so maybe works fine.

But, at the moment I have another trouble (attached image)

I have Unity 5.5.0f3 Personal License, I should update Unity?

Attached Files:

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, looks like your project cannot compile for some reason. Please send me a screenshot of your error console to find the reason.

11. facundogalella

facundogalella

This image can help you?

Attached Files:

12. Vondox

Vondox

That is strange. I haven't included unity standard assets in enviro. Maybe unity added these on upload. Demo scene is using First Person Controler for testing.
    If you already had standard assets imported reimport. If not, delete the folder/script or import Standard Assets. Sorry for this issue :/

facundogalella likes this.
  13. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz

Would it be possible for you to create a desktop demo, instead of a WebGL demo? For some of us, WebGL doesn't run well. (I'm getting 17.8fps, flat rate.) A desktop demo would enable us to see true full-power runtime stats.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  14. Vondox

Vondox

Yes, I can upload a windows build later. :)

ArtisticSliz likes this.
  15. indiedev37

indiedev37

I just bought enviro and imported it into a blank project and fired up the demo scene, the clouds look nothing like the video or the web build, what is going wrong here? http://imgur.com/a/pcTP1

Oh, and by the way the weather drop down does not work in the demo scene.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,
    ohh I should upload a 5.4.0 build with correct settings for 5.4+ for people who not using 5.3.6 or 5.5.1. Just modify the "Direct Light Intensity" graph and move it down bit. See attached screen ;)

Attached Files:

17. indiedev37

indiedev37

I am using the latest "public" Unity Version 5.5.0f3, the default "Direct Light Intensity" graph is set the same as your attached screen, and no change to this graph fixes the problem, it's as if the edges of the clouds are just out of sync somehow.

18. ArtisticSliz

ArtisticSliz

Can we hope for it by the end of the day?

19. Vondox

Vondox

You opened graph and moved the whole graph down?? It really should solve the issue. My graph is set to 30 as top values.

20. Vondox

Vondox

Download is online ;)
    Download here!

Tethys and ArtisticSliz like this.
  21. Tethys

Tethys

We are in the process of integrating MegaSplat for our voxel terrains but are still currently on RTP. The megsplat author has been working with some other asset authors to make his package work with their plugins, might be worth reaching out, seems like a nice guy. IMO Megasplat is going to quickly become the next most popular terrain shader to compete with RTP.

22. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

It works flawlessly with Gaia.

Why shouldn't Enviro work with Megasplat? Enviro Supports RTP for Weather Features like snow and rain. As far as I know Megasplat does not bring snow and rain effects.
    So Enviro will work with Megasplat just without realtime snow and rain gloss on your Terrain.
    First Megasplat must offer this feature so Vondox can take a look to.

Right now Megasplat with enviro should not be a problem at all (without realtime Weather on Terrain / Mesh).

Edit:
    Ok I just saw that snow Feature is added in newest Version of Megasplat...

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    kurotatsu and AdamGoodrich like this.
  23. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox ,

Have downloaded Enviro. Downloaded relevant standard asset bits. Played the Sample scene. The Sample scene mentions 1.4? Perhaps that's relevant.

When I run the scene though the clouds seem a little liney and lowres compared compared to the webdemo? Also the snow seems to have no ground effect and the rain in the scene doesnt seem to leave raindrops and puddles like the webdemo? Why?

24. indiedev37

indiedev37

@Duffer123 that was my problem, the clouds just seem very liney, see my screenshot above, even the desktop demo above has this problem for me :(

25. Vondox

Vondox

You can change the quality of the clouds in EnviroSkyPrefab -> "Clouds" -> "Quality". I already have added a cloud quality slider in desktop demo too. Are your clouds still too bright? If you need further support send me an mail and we will solve your issues ;)

26. Duffer123

Duffer123

And the snow covering or rain puddles? I have RTP. Do I also need to install that?

27. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Did you add Enviro to a new scene or your Terrain scene? Enviro has lot more quality options than the Demo scene offers.
    Also in your screen the lights look really wrong because the scene and clouds are too bright.
    Check your Lightning settings and check if you have the options set like mentioned in the documentation. Also bake again or switch to Realtime to be sure.

Right now I did not test 1.6. But you can see some clouds in my screenshots one page before using 1.5.

28. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox ,

I'll give that a whirl. And the ground puddles/snow coverings?

29. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry but i just tested and noticed that puddles are bugged and don't work in gamma color space. Switch to linear color space for now. It also will look way better in linear ;) But i will fix this in next update!
    Snow covering is working on my side. Maybe check the materials? If you would like to use RTP you have to unzip RTPIntegration archive and add the new component to your scene. Also check documentation for more infos about RTP Integration.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  30. Vondox

Vondox

I have added a troubleshooting section in the documentation with a guide to fix too bright clouds issue on some unity versions.

31. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox , thanks will look in to that.

32. indiedev37

indiedev37

@ RonnyDance, the problem I was talking about, shown in my screenshot above, is from the enviro demo scene, not my own. Even the binary desktop demo Vondox added above has the problem for me....... even at full cloud quality.

33. Vondox

Vondox

Maybe update to unity 5.5.1 https://store.unity.com/download?ref=update and redownload/update Enviro and import again. You actually can set cloud quality higher inside unity.
    Also make sure to set "Color Space" in Unity's Player Settings to "Linear" to get graphics shown in webplayer.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Found another small bug on unity 5.5.X. Sky fogging doesn't worked correctly.

To fix open the EnviroFog.shader ("Enviro - Dynamic Environments" -> "Shaders" -> "Effects")

Search for this line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (rawDepth >= 0.99999)
    and change it to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (dpth >= 0.99999)
    Sorry for that ;)

35. one_one

one_one

Megasplat also has flowmaps and droplets. Combined with Terrafirma, which should be out pretty soon, it should be both very powerful and performant. I can imagine that this combination is going to be the new "standard alternative" terrain solution, so support for it would be pretty cool.

wood333, evilangel89 and Vondox like this.
  36. indiedev37

indiedev37

@Vondox, 'Also make sure to set "Color Space" in Unity's Player Settings to Linear' <-- that did it for me, no more striped clouds :) thanks for the help, Awesome Asset.

Vondox likes this.
  37. Vondox

Vondox

Okay nice, i will test it in the next days for sure ;)

wood333, evilangel89 and one_one like this.
  38. evilangel89

evilangel89

@Vondox Please do. I too own Megasplat and have reached out to Jason numerous times on forum and YouTube. Nice bloke and if you ask me the tool has come along super nice and it will soon compete with RTP for terrain shading and it's quite performance friendly. Worth looking into.

Fyi I just bought enviro without a second glance at another tool because of your responsiveness on this forum thread and hoping you'll be doing the Megasplat integration one day given you've already looked at rtp, Uber and lux ;)

Keep rocking mate. You have a quality tool. Make it the most awesome.

Vondox likes this.
  39. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks!

40. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hi @Vondox,

I am the author of Gaia, and am busy working on Gaia 2.0. I just bought this and its pretty cool :)

Would love to get an integration working with your asset when convenient, reach out if you are interested!

one_one, Tethys, kurotatsu and 2 others like this.
  41. evilangel89

evilangel89

Hello there Adam! Glad to see you're interested in an integration with Enviro as well. Given the number of us that use Gaia it would be great for @Vondox to support a true integration with it.

one_one and AdamGoodrich like this.
  42. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Yep - I am thinking 1 click, with real time updates / automated updates if possible. Get the benefits of Gaia and use both tools to their relative strengths :)

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Adam! That would be awesome :) Tell me what you need or what could be changed on enviro side to make this 1-click integration possible.

44. Harekelas

Harekelas

This asset looks amazing!
    Since I'm making a realism survival game, I'll need detailed weather and accurate sunrise sunset time.(even accurate star positions at night)
    So I would like to know how many cloud types are already in the asset (I only see cumulus from screenshots), and is it possible for us to easily add new cloud types like cirrus, stratus, altocumulus, cirrocumulus, altostratus etc.
    and does this sky system simulate the moon phase, sun height angle and star positions from different latitude and longitude?
    Hear you soon~

45. Harekelas

Harekelas

And one more question, is procedurally generated terrains supported by the paddle and snow shaders?
    I'm using mapmagic for infinite terrain generation, is Enviro compatible with it?

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,
    I am sorry but I think enviro most likely won't fit for your project. You cannot add other cloud types at the moment and the simulation isn't designed to be that scientifically accurat.

Greetings,
    Hendrik

kurotatsu likes this.
  47. Harekelas

Harekelas

So sorry to hear that :(
    But still, I'll keep an eye on Enviro, maybe it'll fit some future projects of mine :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  48. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox ,

I think most of my woes flow from me using Unity 5.6 beta.

I'd really like to see integration with GAIA btw.

evilangel89 and kurotatsu like this.
  49. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I saw that Megasplat is really becoming something.

I know that RTP 4 is also in development and will also support more Textures and better Tesselation. I am anyway openminded regarding a good Terrain Shader. For me it must come with everything to make a Terrain "State of the Art" because you only can use one Terrain Shader in Unity. This means it must come with alsmost everything... And well realistic Snow / Rain / Droplets effects with Tessalation / POM features are mandatory for me. Because Megsplat did not have those weather features in the past I didn't take a closer look to it but now that I see lot of features made it into live version I am reconsidering ;)

Btw what is Terrafirma?

Adam hits the board :)
    Would be really awesome. I am using GAIA and Enviro long time now and never had problems. A supported 1 Click Integration like other Assets in GAIA would make this more easier for lot of people.

Pretty sure Vondox will put this to Prio 1 to make Enviro more awesome for GAIA users.

Cheers
    Ronny

50. evilangel89

evilangel89

upload_2017-2-14_9-36-47.png
    Megasplat really is something. You should also consider the fact the Megasplat has custom nodes that work with the Amplify Shader Editor which is also really picking up as a versatile competitor to shader forge.

If @Vondox can think about compatibility with both it would honestly be awesome. Sorry for advertising but enviro is a great asset at first glance. Integration and compatibility with a lot of other tools out there will take it a long way :)

Attached Files: