Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Weblox

Weblox

Hi again,

Is there a chance for Emerald AI to support UNET and Photon in the future, so we can use it for AI in a Multiplayer Environment? The same Question goes for the Crux Spawning System.

Thanks in advance,
    Weblox

2. HellPatrol

HellPatrol

3. HellPatrol

HellPatrol

API Changes 5.5.2x
    • AI: NavMesh related types are moved from namespaces UnityEngine and UnityEditor to UnityEngine.AI and UnityEditor.AI.

4. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Emerald AI uses Kinematic Rigidbodies by default. For colliders, AI use a box collider, which can be customized as needed.

Hey there!

Yes, this is something that is planned for an update in the near future both for Crux and Emerald.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It will be fixed with a quick update soon.

Weblox likes this.
  5. micuccio

micuccio

Good Morning!
    I bought few days ago your amazing product and I am struggling with something. I hope you could help me:
    1) Use of turning animation with Mecanim
    I generate the Animator with your tool but it seems there is no way to integrate the turning right and left animation. I think should be a blending tree instead of Walking, but I have difficulties to implement it. Could you tell me how to do?
    2)Slinding feet!
    When the Animals pass from the Walking animation to Graze or Attach, the Animal slide! Is a bit annoying. Can you please explain me how to avoid this? With the Mecanim too

Thanks in advance and again compliments

Dom

6. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Does Emerald AI support animations with root motion? I am looking for an AI solution that supports movement via root motion in animations, was wondering if Emerald AI would fit. Thanks.

7. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

1) As of right now, the turning animation supports 1 animation. There is no left and right. However, we do plan on adding a left and right with our next update.

2) This happens when the AI's Stopping Distance isn't set high enough. The Stopping Distance controls when an AI can reach and trigger reaching their destination. Increasing it should help resolve this. You may also need to adjust your AI's NavMesh Radius.

Hey there!

I can't say for sure, but models that have been tested that have root motion animations have worked. If you are wanting the root motion animations to do the actual movement, I don't think that would be supported because the Emerald system does this. I'm not sure if the root motion animations would conflict with Emerald's movement.

8. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Anyone using this asset with EZFPS? I have it working except for the Emerald AI hostile characters won't detect the player. Is there something different I need to do with the layers?
    Em-AI Layer = EmeraldLayer. All Em-AI's are set to this layer.
    Player = weapons layer.
    Player Uses Separate Layer = true, weapons layer.
    Dude just passes 'em by, pushes 'em out of his way to get to that next waypoint.

9. lezan_

lezan_

10. micuccio

micuccio

Thanks for the reply. It worked!
    Just a quick question. I noticed that if I use Mecanim and Generate the Animator via Emerald I cannot define the turning Animation.
    Any Suggestion?
    Thanks in advance.

PS: I love your product! can we have an ETA for the 1.4 version?

11. Mafutta

Mafutta

API updater fail from 2017-03-28 19-55-09.png I just bought version 1.3 today and I am a bit disappointed. It won't even install! I tried a brand new project with Unity 5.6.0f1 and the API updater fails to complete and Emerald AI never appears under the editor window. Hopefully this will be addressed either by Emerald or Unity? I reported a bug to emerald and unity. None of the demo scenes work either. (compiler errors). Note: My OS is ubuntu linux 16.04 LTS

12. BHS

BHS

Great to hear!

The turn animation should be there, but I'll check it out to see what's going on and get back to you.

Emerald 1.4 will be released 2-4 weeks after our UniStorm 2.4.0 update. The UniStorm 2.4.0 update will be submitted by the end of this week.

Hey there!

Unity 5.6 is still in beta, but we have a fix coming very soon for the API changes made with Unity 5.6. Please message me your invoice number and I will provide you with a fix sometime tomorrow. My apologies for any inconveniences.

13. BHS

BHS

@Mafutta

Hey there!

You shouldn't post your invoice number publicly. I would advise you to remove it from the forums. We can discuss this further via the Private Message you sent.

14. Mafutta

Mafutta

Ok. deleted. Let me know if you need additional information. Thanks.

15. Mafutta

Mafutta

Maybe check that the Target Tags (as per emerald tag system, not unity tag system) is set correctly for AI to know Player is an enemy.

16. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

We have submitted an update today to fix the possible NavMesh API issues associated with Unity 5.5.2 through 5.6. This update adds the new AI namespace to the Emerald scripts.

If you're having this issue and need a quick fix, you can do the following:

1) Open up the Emerald_Animal_AI script and add the following namespace to the top of the script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine.AI;
    2) Open up the Emerald_Animal_AI_Editor script and add the following namespace to the top of the script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEditor.AI;

17. txarly

txarly

Hi,
    ETA for field of view and sound detection?

thanks

18. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

As soon as our UniStorm system's update is submitted, we continue working on the Emerald update. UniStorm will be submitted by the end of the week. I can't give an exact release date for Emerald 1.4, but figure about a month from now.

19. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Hey all,
    Im thinking about about buying the Emerald AI system but before I do I was looking for some tips regarding using this asset with the Ultimate Survival asset by Winterbyte. There is very little info I could find on forums, there is a small post on the Ultimate Survival forum from a while ago but nothings happened with it and the Winterbyte team is hard at work to put out V.2 this month and V.3 plans Emerald integration. I just so happened to have gotten the same Woodlands Animal Pack that the Deer in the videos is from that includes some bears,wolves,etc (oh my).

Any tips I could get would be greatly appreciated as I consider buying Emerald.

Thanks Alot Everyone!
    -Will

20. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Well I almost got the deer setup. Just the walk and run animation make it run backwards, not sure why. Im sure I have the same deer and the developer used.
    Any ideas?

21. BHS

BHS

Hey Will!

Support for Ultimate Survival is certainly something we have planned. We own a copy of it so we can add a tutorial for integration on the Emerald Wiki site when we get the chance.

I'm not sure why the animal would be moving backwards. This only happens if the developer of the model used the wrong direction when creating the model. We have tested many models and have only encountered this when the model's transform is reversed, which only happens when modeling the model.

What model pack specifically are you using? Does it use Mecanim? What version of Unity are you using? I will look into your issue to see if I can recreate it.

22. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Hello,

This is the asset pack in question https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/69983

I've since fixed the running backwards issue but the animations arent firing when they should. I got it to attack the player though.

23. BHS

BHS

Make sure you have all needed animations applied. Are you receiving an errors in the Unity console?

Check out the Emerald Documentation here if you need a guide with using Emerald: http://emerald-animal-ai.wikia.com/wiki/Documentation

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  24. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

First off congrats on the number of subs and videos upload_2017-4-8_19-35-9.png

Im not getting any errors but heres some more info.
    upload_2017-4-8_19-36-19.png
    It looks like its being setup correctly, and it is working just not the animations it just loops idle while fleeing from the player.

Here is how its setup in the Hierarchy:
    upload_2017-4-8_19-37-35.png

Some snippets of the inspectors:
    upload_2017-4-8_19-39-9.png upload_2017-4-8_19-39-41.png
    Im aware that I have an Animation component on both the parent and child but that the only way it works since Emerald needs it and if its not on the prefab no animation plays.
    Im fairly certain that im using the same deer (and other animals) that were used in your demo video.

If you have any ideas on how to fix this, or if you could tell me how you got it to work as a new user of your asset i'd be ever grateful.

Thank your for taking the time to read all this.
    -Will

BHS likes this.
  25. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ok so I got the deer working now with only some slight issues, first when I kill one of them with the sword an error begins to populate the console every frame.
    upload_2017-4-9_12-5-10.png

Second, the animation on the deer dont play the player startles the deer, this deer in the center is idling with no animation (If I approach he will run away) except for the last frame of animation that was play is the position its in. The other deer (top left) was trigger before and is running away as it should.
    upload_2017-4-9_12-11-14.png
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks all,
    -Will

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  26. BHS

BHS

Great to hear.

Do you have Use Dead Replacement checked? When I get the chance, I'll look to see if I can recreate your issue.

Make sure you have applied all animations to the slots that need them. If you are having issues with the animations not playing properly, the animations may have blank portions. This is not Emerald, but the models. To fix this, trim the animations or make sure they are properly looped. This can be handled in the animation settings.

27. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ok I got the deer setup and working all the animations are in place and it doesnt seem to stop anymore. I am getting an error while setting up another animal, its the boar from the same pack, again its working but Im not sure where this error is coming from, It fires every frame but I dont see anything breaking in play mode the animal still acts as it should.
    upload_2017-4-12_11-11-21.png

Just a bit of a callback to the deer, this is less of an issue and more of just a emerald noob question regarding the Fleeing AI, I can seem to turn up how close the player gets that spooks the animal(deer) the AI doesn't notice the player until im like 5 feet away (deer have spider senses so this its kinda silly) I've tried adjusting the ranges (that affect the colored radius's around the AI) so far with no luck. If this is caused by those colored ranges and I'm just using them wrong let me know.

Thanks
    -Will

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  28. BHS

BHS

Hey Will!

This is happening because you have Use Run Attack Animation enabled and you don't have a run attack animation applied to the appropriate slot.

Make sure your deer is using the Cowardly behavior type. Also, during runtime, check to make sure its radius is being properly calculated. This can be done by checking the sphere trigger on the deer model.

29. lukamas233

lukamas233

Hi, I need to know, how to damage a creature, without ufps or rfps, with an external script for example, a projectile script

When I damage a creature with a ranged weapon script, the animal does not die or recieve damage

how do I fix this?

30. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ok thanks, the deer are working and i've added rabbits,boar,and bear so far.

Im looking for this as well as the inverse (how to have AI damage player). I've got the bear chasing me down and trying to attack but I get an error (DamagePlayer has no receiver!)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

-Will

31. BHS

BHS

Hey guys!

Setting up Emerald to damage custom targets can be accomplished with the Custom Damage Call: http://emerald-animal-ai.wikia.com/wiki/Documentation#Attack_Options

You would use this to call your player's damage function, assuming it uses an int for its parameter.

To damage an AI with your custom player, you would add something like this where your player applies damage. If your player currently has a target that they are hitting, this will damage the target and make them flee or attack your player.

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (yourPlayersTarget.GetComponent<Emerald_Animal_AI>().currentAnimal == null)
    2. {
    3.    yourPlayersTarget.GetComponent<Emerald_Animal_AI>().MakeFlee(yourPlayersTarget.transform);
    4.    yourPlayersTarget.GetComponent<Emerald_Animal_AI>().MakeAttack(yourPlayersTarget.transform);
    5. }
    6. else
    7. {
    8.    yourPlayersTarget.GetComponent<Emerald_Animal _AI>().Damage(damageAmount);
    9. }

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  32. lukamas233

lukamas233

What I meant was, How do I make any projectile script work and damage any emerald ai creature, with an arrow for example, how do I do that, I am working on a hunting game, and My shotgun object works fine, but the bullet object does not damage the ai at all, as in, the animal does not recieve damage or dies.

33. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

Ultimate Survivals heath editor script uses a float. Any way I could make this work with that?

34. BHS

BHS

It depends on your script and how it calls functions. You just need to get the parent object of the AI from the bullet when it comes in contact with your AI, which your script should already do. Below are the functions and their descriptions.

Code (CSharp):
    2. hitObject.GetComponent<Emerald_Animal_AI>().MakeFlee(yourPlayersTarget.transform); //Makes an AI flee
    3. hitObject.GetComponent<Emerald_Animal_AI>().MakeAttack(yourPlayersTarget.transform); //Makes an AI attack you
    4. hitObject.GetComponent<Emerald_Animal _AI>().Damage(damageAmount); //Damages the AI

You would just get the health float and do something like: (int)UltimateSurvivalHealth

Adding (int) should allow you to convert it.

35. zenGarden

zenGarden

@BHS
    Hi,
    Does the plugin have a pooling system for performance reasons ?

36. Gumpy54

Gumpy54

Fantastic plug in. Seems ideal for a project I have in mind.
    A few things though...

1. Is it possible to set up to have up to 4 or 5 different loot drops at the same time when a kill occurs (ammo, fur, skin, hoof, horn, gun for example), with each type of loot having a different chance of dropping? So from 1 item of ammo 95% of the time, to a gun 0.5% of the time.

2. With loot drops, can we have stacks of certain types of loot in random amounts. For example ammo could drop (95% of the time), in stacks from 1 to 500.

3. I have 30 different species of wild animal, each species has 5 maturities (young, adult, old, dominant, alpha, old alpha). Is it possible to set up each species to have its own 'loot table', so items that will only drop from that animal?
    Is it also possible to set up a random amount of health for each animal dependent on the maturity (so young between 10 and 50 hp, old alpha between 1000 and 2000 hp) AND per species, so young of one animal might have the same HP as an alpha of another species..

4. Is it possible to set a 'miss' rate or 'evade' rate of the animal, based on the skills of the player, but also on the animal? So lower level player would miss their shots more times than a higher skilled player? Or on some species of animal there would be more 'evades' to waste bullets.

5. Different values of loot - So ammo would have a value ingame of 1$ per unit, whereas skin might be $5 per unit for example, so that different types of skin could have different values from different species.

I think my questions all revolve around the animals HP, and loot from them and whether this plugin is able to meet the requirements of the examples given here.
    I hope it will, as this would save a hell of a load of work.

37. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hello BHS,

I stand for the question ICE VS EMERALD what is the best
    choice for me

i have some question, when comes the new update and with what for new things are implemented ?

38. magique

magique

I'm interested in this as well. I asked about it a while back and no one ever answered.

39. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I've been using emerald for a month or so, its really easy. It would be hard for an AI system to have easier setup.

40. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hey Magique,

i think ice is better for us, i read the reviews of the two assets and people talking many problems and very few tutorials about emerald. Also we need Crux for procedural spawning this is in ice included what did you think ?

41. magique

magique

I've used ICE only a little bit, but it's very complicated to setup and has issues with persistence. I'm also interested in Crux, but I would think any AI solution could be integrated with that very easily. I don't know much about Emerald AI, but it looks extremely easy to use and very powerful. Other than that I don't know.

42. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

it is possible to use Emerald AI and Motion Controller from ootii ? have anyone experience here with this two assets ?

twda likes this.
  43. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

The problems the reviews mention are usually associated with users not properly setting up their AI (not assigning the model's animations mostly). Emerald is very well documented and improved tutorials will be coming with the 1.4 update. We have some really cool features and improvements in the works.

Feel free to check out Emerald's Documentation and Wiki Site.

Hey there!

1 & 2) The example we include supports Minor Loot and Rare Loot each with their own odds of dropping on a scale of 1% to 99%. Both the Minor Loot and Rare loot have no limits to the amount of items that they contain. When a rare or minor loot is rolled, it randomly picks an item from the appropriate category. Each item doesn't have an individual rarity. It is worth noting that the loot system uses strings for items and a List for storing them. It is not a complete looting system, but a nice starting point for someone who wants to. It doesn't support stacking.

3 & 5) The loot system is very basic and is intended as an example or starting point. I would recommend looking on the Asset Store if your want a fully functioning loot system as you are describing. Emerald doesn't support randomized health. However, you could have an external script that randomizes the health on Start.

4) No, there is no miss or evade system. However, it wouldn't be too hard to implement one yourself. The player weapon examples we include calls the AI's Damage function when the player is in range of an AI. You could implement a miss/evade system before the Damage function is called and only have it called during a successful hit.

Hey there!

No, but we could possibly implement one in the future. Emerald is an AI system, not a spawning system, so some people may already have a solution for this. Our Crux system spawns AI and we are working on an object pooling system for it.

Gumpy54 likes this.
  44. Will-D-Ramsey

Will-D-Ramsey

I cant tell you all enough how easy this is to use. I've been able to make AI using other models using Emerald without ever having to look at code. Im pretty comfortable with coding but I can enjoy taking a break. The developer put so much into making it easy. The Emerald AI script is so easy to use. Those little message boxes that give you detail are present for every setting (that ive seen) in the inspector. Theres an option to turn them off at the bottom of the component and maybe in the future I will. I looked at ICE before I bought Emerald. After looking back and forth im glad I went with Emerald. A few minutes of learning and im integrating it into my projects.
    upload_2017-4-19_21-36-53.png

magique likes this.
  45. Mighto360

Mighto360

I personally like Emerald better, if you're going for animal AI. ICE may be better for NPCs though.

46. magique

magique

Thanks for the input. I mainly need AI for animals. I have other solutions for NPC AI already.

47. magique

magique

I took the plunge and picked this up today for use with an RFPS project. Looks like a good combination.

48. BHS

BHS

49. magique

magique

50. adndima

adndima

It would be good to get the creation of ways to travel AI