Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Dreamscapes

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by betasector, Nov 30, 2015.

1. betasector

betasector

The asset pack of your dreams
    Dreamsapes is a massive collection of assets for creating vast exterior scenes. From small areas to huge exterior environments, you will find everything you need in this package.

The package contains a handful of models and textures that can be used with Unity’s terrain system, and the built in tree generator. You can create your own trees and bushes with the provided base textures and materials, the possibilities are limitless.

Three demo scenes are also included, to help with setting up lighting and colors for your own scenes. Each scene is created to showcase the versatility of the provided assets, but the possibilities don’t stop there. You can easily create your own dreamy looking locations.

Download:
    http://u3d.as/mu4

Update 1.2!
    We have provided colliders for trees and props, and optimised the textures for better performance. Unity 5.3 is also supported now with slight differences due to changes in Unity. The demo scenes are also available as standalone downloads!

Update 2.0!
    Dreamscapes 2.0 brings more to the table, with a huge exterior scene densely populated with the new trees, bushes, effects and detail objects for free! That’s right, this update is completely free, which means that if you already own Dreamscapes, you can simply download the new assets from the store.

Download the demos here!

Follow Shapes!
    https://www.facebook.com/shapesassets/
    https://twitter.com/shapesassets
    http://shapes.hu

100% in-engine, no touchups!

dreamscape_scene1_1980x1080_jpg.jpg

dreamscape_scene2_1980x1080_jpg.jpg

dreamscape_scene3_1980x1080_jpg.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. betasector

betasector

V1.1 has been uploaded!
    - 3 new skyboxes based on the three scenes
    - 2 background mountain sprites

Also, we are planning to further update the pack, hopefully late January :) Keep your eyes on Dreamscapes, lots of goodies are incoming!

dreamscape_grid3_1980x1080.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  3. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Looks so good. Unfortunately I'm using a more realistic look for my game, but I can always hope for an alternative texture pack. :)

betasector likes this.
  4. zenGarden

zenGarden

Where is the web player ? We can't test by ourselves the product in our computer.

betasector likes this.
  5. C10110

C10110

Amazing O_O

I'm making a metaphysical first person adventure game about mental illness. a lot of my game takes place in the mind of the character, and his dreams. This asset has really inspired me to come up with some more traditional dream like situations rather than the more abstract things I've been currently doing. $60 is 100% worth it, but I'll have to save up for a minute. But you have a sale coming up in the future, if anything so I can study the lighting, so gorgeous. Keep up the good work! (Y)

betasector likes this.
  6. kilik128

kilik128

nice works question the tree is speedtree or mesh ? for mobile

betasector likes this.
  7. Kasaie

Kasaie

Looks absolutely fantastic. Can we use this asset on mobile platforms?

betasector likes this.
  8. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    We are planning to release a demo version of the package, but until then, you can test performance with this free pack:
    http://u3d.as/nfn
    We used the same style and setup.

9. betasector

betasector

Hi, thanks for your enthusiasm :) We hope to go on sale soon, but it's mostly depending on the Unity team, we have applied for both sales and Level 11 already. Also, we are planning to update the pack soon-ish, but I can't tell a release date, nor details about what exactly will be updated.

10. betasector

betasector

Hi!
    The short answer is yes. But you have to consider downgrading the assets. We used the built-in tree generator and terrain tools for the grass. If you simply lower texture resolution and number of branches, switch effects to mobile friendly ones, it should run fine on high-end devices.

11. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    We used Unity's tree generator. If you wish to use these on mobile, you can easily simplyfiy the trees and downscale the branch textures for better performance.

12. betasector

betasector

Haha, yeah :) But Dreamscapes uses this style deliberately. Which does not exclude the possibility of a more realistic pack in the future ;)

13. zenGarden

zenGarden

Can we use for commercial purposes the starter pack ?
    When will come the wbeplayer for DreamScapes ?

14. betasector

betasector

Yes, you can use the free pack for commercial uses. And as I wrote, we plan to release a demo from Dreamscapes, instead of a webplayer version (which needs hosting).

15. zenGarden

zenGarden

Why Unity don't host ? The Asset Store promotion is their buziness o_O

16. betasector

betasector

To my knowledge, they don't offer such services. We would need to host it on an FTP, and I personally don't see the use for it, since we wan't to provide a free demo from the pack anyway.

17. zugsoft

zugsoft

I can host your webplayer for free on my server if you want

Mister-D likes this.
  18. betasector

betasector

We are going to release a new updated version of the pack very soon, and it will contain executable demoscenes too, so you can test it on your machines :)

19. vargdbt

vargdbt

Hello, I had watched demos and was very impressed. But now I have a question : Are this assets looks so good only at static scenes or it can be used for scenes with dynamic camera too. What about peromance and cool graphics in dynamic scenes?

20. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

You weren't exaggerating when you named them Dreamscapes. I feel as if I am in a dream world when viewing them.

21. betasector

betasector

Hi!
    We did simple spaces because we had to work quickly. But if you check Nature Starter Kit 2 out, you can see how these assets could work in wider environments. Also mind that all the trees and bushes can be used with the built-in terrain tools.

Simply use one of the provided skybox gradients instead of the 2D plane backgrounds and you can create vast environments with ease ;)

22. betasector

betasector

Thank you :)

23. vargdbt

vargdbt

Are You planning to make some sales for this assetpack in the near future ?

24. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi, I downloaded the demos and all of them crash right after the logo. That's... unusual for an environment asset pack. I'm on Win7 64bit. Are there special prerequisites to run them?

25. betasector

betasector

Hi!
    That's strange. We used Unity's built-in solutions for everything, so I have no idea, really. It should run if anything else built with Unity runs for you. If there is a crashlog, you could try sending it in for the Unity support I guess, but I am afraid we can't debug that issue for you as we are just humble artists :)

26. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    If it gets selected by Unity, yes. Aside from official sales, no, not in the near future.

27. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

That's weird indeed, I can run all the other demos, I wish I could touch the package with hand before buying.

I'm using Unity 5.3.2f1, do you have any plans to update the package to Unity 5.x? I don't know if the 4.x version would import correctly, I fear there could be issues.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  28. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    The package has been submitted using Unity 5.2.3, and 5.3.1, so it should run just fine. But we are not planning on downgrading it to 4x series. Also, if you want to test the pack out, we provided a free package which was built in the same way (built-in tree generator, terrain with built-in grass), in the same style, with only one scene and no particle systems, you should try that: http://u3d.as/nfn

Nature Starter Kit 2 was designed so that people can test our stuff out before purchasing a premium pack :)

29. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks for your answer, I'll be happily testing it asap :)

30. razorbackfan10

razorbackfan10

Hey guys I'm pretty new to Unity and recently purchased the Dreamscapes asset pack to use in my game. I'm having a problem with the trees that I can't for the life of me figure out. When I try to change the color of the materials used in some of the trees, it's basically causing the trees to turn grey and be rendered completely wrong. Are the tree colors not supposed to be able to be changed or am I just doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I'll upload some pictures to show the problem. Again, just to be clear, the trees work fine in their default colors but when I change the colors, everything goes haywire and I have to re-import the trees to fix them. If these pictures aren't specific enough, I can upload more.

Attached Files:

31. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    This is a known issue with Unity, you have to turn off Fog under Lighting, or else Unity will bake the fog onto the optimised textures it creates. Window->Lighting->Fog, turn it off then change the colors a bit, refresh the tree and it should work.

32. Exeneva

Exeneva

How do these look from a top-down perspective for isometric or top-down fixed camera games?

33. betasector

betasector

Hi,

This pack was not developed for top down or isometric perspectives in mind. But if you wan't to test it for yourself, try out our free Nature Starter Kit 2 :)

34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Can you please add some mac demos? :)

35. rerwandi

rerwandi

I tried to run the demo but its keep crashing for all the demos.
    Is the tree comes with LOD ?

36. betasector

betasector

AFAIK you need a Mac to build for Mac, and since we don't own one, it won't happen, sorry. But if you want to get a sample, we offer the Nature Starter Kit 1-2 packs for free :)

37. betasector

betasector

Hi!
    Since we utilise the built-in tree generator, yes, as far as the built-in technology lets it happen.

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Really? I didn't know that. I can build for Windows from my Mac...are you sure? I know you need a Mac for iOS, but I don't think it's the same for the desktop os

39. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Very good!!!

Can work on google cardboard(performance)?

40. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    Yes, I had experience with iOS (or rather troubles) only, you can't build for iOS for sure. But I will look into the Mac thing. However, if I build for a platform I do not own, how can I say it represents the quality and works as intended, if I can't personally test it? So I am not really keen on the idea even if it's possible to build for Mac.

41. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    It's not optimised for mobiles, and was never tested within a VR setup. The answer is yes and no. No, it most probably will work terribly out of the box, but yes if you put in the effort to optimise it. We don't own VR gears and we don't plan to optimise these assets for mobile in the foreseeable future, it requires too much time and effor which we simply lack for now.

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I suppose you have to trust. But consider that someone like me won't buy the package without a demo showing what it looks like on our system. If you don't think it'll look good on a Mac, then certainly I would be forced to agree with you, and not buy it :)

43. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Thanks for reply.

44. betasector

betasector

You are right. However, there is an other way too, try one of our free packs first ;)

45. Alverik

Alverik

Hi, I was wondering if there's an easy way to change the tree's colors? or a tutorial of sorts?

46. betasector

betasector

Hi,
    If you want to keep the current trees and do a new one with a new color, you have to duplicate the tree (the textures directory and the prefab, I would do this outside unity, rename the directory and the prefab too, to avoid Unity linking the new prefab to the old), and create a new branch material (you can duplicate this one in unity and simply rename it), then put the new material onto the branch group.

47. Norfic

Norfic

Is there any way to get a bit of help using Dreamscapes with Gaia and replacing their default assets and speed trees with the assets and trees in Dreamscapes; also, would you need to build speed trees of the new trees?

Thanks

48. betasector

betasector

I have zero experience with gaia, so I don't know. If it relies on Speed Tree then yes, you have to rebuild everything, but I highly doubt it does, it should work with Unity trees too.

49. Exeneva

Exeneva

Do the assets in this pack come with LODs?

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

You created this asset in gamma color space.
    How can I use it in linear color space?