Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

◉ Custom Gravitations Kit ◉ Take Gravity under control ◉

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Patico, May 19, 2014.

?

What next feature would you like to get first, guys?

1. Supporting of custom gravitations in 2D games

2. Supporting of Third Person Character Controller from Unity's Standart Assets

3. Implementation of FPS ( First Person Controller )

4. Custom gravity for vehicle systems / car physics ( compatibility with such plugins like Realistic Ca

5. Supporting Nav Meshes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. REEFY

REEFY

Hello sir, I'm looking to buy this because it looks like I can implement this into a game I'm making but I don't know if it will work with another character controller- I bought the Third person controller melee combat by invector on the unity store https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44227. Is it possible to add your scripts to any character controller and it will work?

2. Arganth

Arganth

nearly identical question with the third person controller from opsive ;)

will it work?

3. Patico

Patico

Hi @REEFY, @Arganth different packages has different implementations of the same algorithms (mainly, I mean character controller and detecting of gravity direction), and there no any standart or recomendation for this. As result, I have no possibility to merge my implementation with thier without changing them. On the other hand, changing of 3rd party package is bad idea because these changes will be overrided after the next update or re-import. If you have any ideas how to solve this puzzle, you're welcome.

4. Patico

Patico

Dear customers,
    I going to migrate my domain name to another registrator, during this process my website http://patico.pro and main support email will not work. I hope it won't take more couple of days, but anyway in this time you can rich me via http://gamedev.click/ mirror or info@gamedev.click email

I'll post a new message here when migration completed.
    Thanks, Paul.

5. Patico

Patico

Well, I did it in 43 minutes : ) Nice.
    Website was updated, fixed and improved.
    You're welcome to http://patico.pro

6. hendrikk1

hendrikk1

Hi Patico,
    is custom gravitations in 2D games already implemented ?

7. quarzwar

quarzwar

Hi,

Does it work with ufps?

Sincerely,
    Jesper

8. Patico

Patico

Hi Jesper, unfortunatelly it does not work with UFPS without changing source code of UFPS.

9. Patico

Patico

Hi there,
    Currently http://patico.pro (including email) isn't available for some time, due to domain transfering to another registrator. Sorry. Hope it will come back soon.

10. anomanstudio

anomanstudio

i've problem after upgrading my unity to 5.5 version, there is an error line on SceneViewExstention class on SceneView.kToolbarHeight

11. Patico

Patico

Hi anomanstudio, I havn't test it for compatibility with 5.5 yet. I'll do it within days. Probably Editor's API was changed slightly.
    Could you share an error message you had got?

12. Patico

Patico

Hi @anomanstudio,
    I found it, but it could take up to a week to release a fix (mainly due to long reviewing process at AssetStore)
    As a quick workaround you can replace this value - SceneView.kToolbarHeight with 15 in file Assets/Patico/Editor/Custom Gravitations Kit/SceneViewExstention.cs at line 17. After fix will approved at store, you will just download an update.

Thanks for your patience

13. barcode802

barcode802

I recently purchased this - and noticed that with the third person controller - the 'jump' doesn't appear to actually work as a jump - and looks like it might just be an animation? I fiddled with the values that are available without any success. How can I get it to operate more like a jump (so that I can get my character unstuck when in holes - and also propel it forward in the air?]

I also noticed that side step does not appear to be working properly. When I press the button which would usually side step in most controllers instead the character leans and gets stuck/really slowed down but doesn't actually move. Is there a way to resolve this?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  14. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Question before buying: is it possible to reverse the gravity? For my type of game I need to be able to switch the gravity from attracting objects to repelling them at given points in time. Does this asset has this possibility?

15. Patico

Patico

Hi @cygnusprojects,
    Yes of course, you can reverse direction of gravity both in editor and runtime.

cygnusprojects likes this.
  16. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Hi @Patico, happy New Year! As a present for myself I bought your asset but unfortunately I also have to mention I'm seeing my first error of the new year when importing it in my 5.5.0p2 Unity:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/Patico/Editor/Custom Gravitations Kit/SceneViewExstention.cs(17,46): error CS0117: `UnityEditor.SceneView' does not contain a definition for `kToolbarHeight'
    Something I can do to fix this and test your asset out?

17. barcode802

barcode802

Hi Patico - wondering if you can reply to my questions from before - thanks!:

I recently purchased this - and noticed that with the third person controller - the 'jump' doesn't appear to actually work as a jump - and looks like it might just be an animation? I fiddled with the values that are available without any success. How can I get it to operate more like a jump (so that I can get my character unstuck when in holes - and also propel it forward in the air?]

I also noticed that side step does not appear to be working properly. When I press the button which would usually side step in most controllers instead the character leans and gets stuck/really slowed down but doesn't actually move. Is there a way to resolve this?

18. Novack

Novack

Hey, is this asset usable with Unity ragdolls?

19. SocialFreak

SocialFreak

I see mentions about updates but the one on the Asset store that I have is ver 1.12 and dated Feb 2016. Has there been an update or is one coming?

20. Sazukari

Sazukari

just bought this asset.

Also getting the kToolbarHeight error on unity 5.5 when i import the asset in my current project.

Just a little question as i can't really test it currently.
    Can gravity fields overlap or is only one active at a time?
    Can i define an order of importance for gravity fields? Like if i have a small one that can "overwrite" the bigger one im also inside of?

21. Patico

Patico

22. SkygodGames

SkygodGames

You should work on making this asset work well with other characters controllers.

23. Patico

Patico

That's a really good point, but not every third party character controller could be integrated seamlessly, especially if its source code or logic is changing from release to release. Because of this, Custom Gravitations Kit contains a basic Character Controller that could be extended or used as example of integration.

24. Patico

Patico

25. Patico

Patico

The sale is finished

26. banzai777

banzai777

Hi Patico,

I updated the Patico package in my project to 1.8 but now it throws this error:

27. theboosted_1

theboosted_1

Patico, cgk version 1.12.0.1 seems to have a problem with "to normal" gravity type.
    I have a unity sphere set up as a planet and a unity capsule set up as the player via cgk, nothing else. In "to normal" gravity type my player does not align to the sphere at all, stays spaced away some, and is not movable. centric and directional gravity types work as expected. any ideas?
    unity 2017.1.0f3
    windows 10

28. thestrandedmoose

thestrandedmoose

Just curious-
    I have a character controller with particle systems contained in it (like fireparticles that drift up, waterparticles that drip down etc.)

I also have rigidbodies with physics like Boulders that my character can push around

Does this asset allow me to customize the gravitational direction of particlesystems and rigidbodies (boulders, collapsable objects, etc) or is it pretty much just for character controllers/?

Thanks man, and really cool asset!

29. Patico

Patico

Hi @thestrandedmoose,
    Good question. This asset aplying gravitational forces to objects with rigidbody components. So, I guess, it allow you to apply custom gravity forces to rigidbodies only.

30. Patico

Patico

But actually it's very nice idea, I will think about possibility of supporting particles systems.

thestrandedmoose likes this.
  31. thestrandedmoose

thestrandedmoose

ah ok. So I can apply gravity to the rigidbodies.. awesome! I was thinking about the particlesystem thing... I think you'd probably just have to set all your Y values to local and turn off gravity in the particlesystem and just fake it over the lifetime of the particle, but there might also be a way to code the direction of gravity for the particlesystem, I'm not sure.

Thanks for your reply!

32. SIV

SIV

Hello,

How to make a full loop please ? like racing track loop that goes up not down ? when i try it the mesh collider is on the way and the character cant move anymore there.