Search Unity

[RELEASED] Corgi Engine - Complete 2D/2.5D Platformer [new v8.0 : advanced damage system]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reuno, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Grafos

Grafos

Hi reuno,
    I am a bit confused on the melee attacking workflow in Corgi 3 (I had previously set it up just fine on 2). I might be missing something obvious, but I don't even see a melee attack button set up (do I just use "shoot", I tried it and it didn't do anything with a melee weapon). Also, the little corgis in the demo scenes have their melee weapons in their hierarchy, but I don't see the melee weapon script attached as I'd expect. Are they usable?

2. reuno

reuno

@Grafos > That system did change quite a bit. Melee weapons are now just a certain type of Weapons, in the same way the machine gun, rocket launcher, etc are also Weapons. They all inherit from the same class and are built using the same technique, and are linked to your character using the CharacterHandleWeapon component. You can also use them on their own if you want.

That also mean that, by default (and in all the demo characters) you can only use one weapon at a time. You can modify that of course. You can also switch weapons, but that's not built-in. I plan on adding more types of weapons soon, and then adding an inventory for you to choose from. In the meantime, there are no examples of that in the demos, but you can still do it with minimal code. You'll need a new button that you press to change weapons, and then changing weapon can be done by calling the ChangeWeapon(newWeapon) method on the CharacterHandleWeapon's component.

If you only have 2 weapons (gun and melee for example), you can also have your melee and gun button call methods that switch to that particular weapon and then shoot. I've never tried that but it seems doable.

Edit : and the reason they're in the hierarchy is that you can still use them. If you don't want to touch any code, just drag them from the hierarchy to the CharacterHandleWeapon's initial weapon slot.

3. Muppo

Muppo

Is there anyway that player sprite doesn't show when it dead? Did create a Diying animation showing just a sprite with 0 alpha value but it appears as well as the player sprite. I would like to play an animation instead the player falling like on SuperMario games.

4. reuno

reuno

@Muppo > Right now you could just extend the Kill method to specify what you'd like to happen. But I'm adding a death animation to the next version as others have requested this.

5. Grafos

Grafos

Thanks, that clarifies it a bit, but I still can't get the melee animation to work. What I have been doing is use the melee attack boolean parameter that triggers the animation on the animation start input field of the melee weapon script which is attached to my weapon. I have also set up the CharacterHandleWeapon ability on my character. But pressing the "shoot" button does nothing (character remains idle).

6. reuno

reuno

@Grafos > Have you looked at the example melee weapon? It does exactly what you're looking for. If you have more questions, please send them on the support email address, thanks!

7. Grafos

Grafos

Issue resolved it was an omission on my part. Reuno was very helpful narrowing down the issue. He even updated the weapon documentation with step-by-step instructions to make everything crystal clear.
    Excellent support!

GamerPET and reuno like this.
  8. mfker

mfker

Hi people, I have 2 quick questions.
    1.Does anyone have performance issues after updating? I updated from 2.2.2 to 3.0 about 10 minutes ago. I had around 80+ fps on my 2012 macbook on demo levels screen stats. After updating I have around 30fps. I thought it was my old machine problem but I didn't change anything else, just updated. I tried to import Corgi Engine to a new project, then rebooted my macbook and it's still 30fps. I imported corgi engine to a new project on another computer, I have around 20fps less on Lava level than it was in 2.2.2 version. When I open another project (not corgi engine based) everithing works fine (around 80/90 fps on my macbook).
    2.Is there a way to fix the background shakes while moving the camera? When a character is moving and a camera follows him the background is shaking (background that uses Level Background script).
    Please help, I'm really new to unity.

9. reuno

reuno

@mfker > So far, only one person reported a loss in performance. It apparently solved itself after a reboot and a night's sleep. Other than that the new version has usually seen an increase in FPS for all other people who've reported about performance to me, and on all the tests I ran. It also eliminates random spikes and GC issues that could occur with older versions. Have you tried updating Unity to the latest version?
    I don't see that background shake you're mentioning. On what level does this happen?

If you have more questions, please use the support email address, thanks.

10. mfker

mfker

@reuno I have unity updated to 5.4.2f2 (the newest version I guess). I will check that later, it's probably my MacBook's fault.
    Background shake appears in BroBroLevel. It is most visible when your character is moving on the ground for some time.

11. reuno

reuno

@mfker > that is indeed the latest version. I wish I had more to give you, but the only person it happened to told me it fixed itself and couldn't find any particular reason to it. Do you get any errors? Have you tried maybe removing some camera effects? They're quite heavy on some levels and can affect performance. I'll have a look at that background shake, but can't reproduce it so it's gonna be tricky. Another way to solve the issue is to just nest the image under the main camera in your hierarchy, it'll do exactly the same thing :)

12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Could it be possible that this "shake" is actually just the parallax backgrounds getting updated 1 frame too late, so they keep trying following the camera movement with a little delay, making them appear to jitter back and forth in the direction the camera is moving?

It wouldn't be noticeable in slow games, but maybe with a certain frame rate and at a certain speed it could be unacceptable.

Just my thoughts about what could be going on. I still haven't tried the parallax yet (but I'll be soon needing to, hopefully when they get fixed).

Maybe we could get a fast hotfix in the near feature? :)

13. reuno

reuno

@NeatWolf > I don't think there's any problem with the parallax. It's the oldest script in the engine, it would have been reported by now. I've changed some stuff in that level background though, so I'll need to have a deeper look there, but both are unrelated, you should be fine with parallax. And yeah it could very well be a late/not late update thing.

And there will be a hotfix soon, that fixes everything that's been reported since the v3.0 release last week, including the spine errors, and it even comes with a "native" spine character (quite buggy right now due to that reset Spine bug : http://fr.esotericsoftware.com/forum/Noteworthy-Spine-Unity-Topics-5924, but it'll do its job at showing that it's exactly the same process as with regular characters). It'll actually be v3.1 as I've added a few new (minor) features as well.

14. mfker

mfker

@reuno when I nest the background inside regular camera I see no screen shakes. I think that @NeatWolf might be right. Maybe I see those things because of the poor frame rate right now, on a slow machine, or it's just because I'm playing around with a level that has only the ground and strong contrast background (it's really hard to see this effect inside demo levels).

15. reuno

reuno

@mfker > Could you edit the LevelBackground class, and replace the Update() with LateUpdate() (it's line 34)? Let me know if that's better.

16. mfker

mfker

@reuno it works great now, like when it is nested inside regular camera. Thanks! About my FPS problem, when I test the level with "Maximize on Play" option turned off I have around 80 fps on stats but I don't know if it has a meaning. I tried to turn off the camera and strange things started to happen, sometimes fps grows, sometimes it doesn't.

17. reuno

reuno

@mfker > Don't turn off the camera, just the camera effects (things like bloom, depth of field, etc). They're usually components added to the MainCamera. I'll do other tests on slow computers and see if that LateUpdate thing has any effect for others. If it does I'll update it. But I'm glad it's better now, sorry you ran into this issue :)
    Edit : I don't know what "maximize on play" is supposed to do but on my PC and macbook here it has absolutely no effect, I'm at 180 and 80fps respectively, with or without it checked. It doesn't maximize anything (I thought it'd resize the window).

18. Muppo

Muppo

@NeatWolf
    I was messing with parallax some time ago. Made a stage with a background, 3 layers of parallax, platform layer and foreground and it seems to work really nice for me. However, it depends on what do you want to do with it, tho.

Maximize on play seems more like a "don't hurt your eyes" help than real resize for me.

19. rrahim

rrahim

Maximize on play only really makes a difference if the game window is docked with other windows on the same monitor.
    If you have your game/scene window on a separate monitor it doesn't seem to make a difference. (At least that's what I've noticed)

20. reuno

reuno

@rrahim > Oh that explains a lot! I did have it on another monitor. I learned something today, thanks!

21. Zehru

Zehru

Hi everyone!
    sorry for the newbie question, but I'm having a small problem with a code. Can you help me?

I'm trying to override one part of the health script, because I need to do one action( play an animation and change floats from the 2 materials assigned to the same gameObject) before the game object been destroyed.

I started copying the hipsterBros health script( as it's also an override for the health script) and changing it, but then I had a problem...

As I use 2 materials, I need to getComponent of those, separately using Material[], but the health script isn't derived from monobehavior( at least, that's what the error is saying), so I don't have any idea of how I could get a reference to those 2 materials( an array).
    Do you guys know how to do it?
    If you guys want to, I can post here my script, and also a screenshot of the error log.
    again, I'm sorry for the newbie question.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  22. Zehru

Zehru

nevermind hahahahah I got it :D
    I just created an animation changing this values and activated it on the script before deactivating the gameobject

reuno likes this.
  23. reuno

reuno

Good news everyone, I've just submitted v3.0.1 of the Corgi Engine to the asset store. It should be available for download in a few days.
    It includes fixes for the few bugs that have been reported since v3.0 (thanks a lot to everyone who helped track these).
    Here's a list of all the changes it'll bring :
    • Adds a new Character Ability : CharacterPush. It's an optional ability that will allow you to override push settings and have a push animation. For the animation to work, your pushable objects will need to have a Pushable component.
    • Adds a new option to the CorgiController to select how you want 1way and moving platforms detachment to work : via whole layer or only the exited platform
    • Adds states to mobile buttons to avoid weird double input issues
    • Adds gamepad and keyboard support to the pause menu
    • Adds more death options for your characters : enable/disable collisions on death, add a death animation
    • Improves damage on touch's knockback
    • Fixes some edge collisions when walking right on a moving platform
    • Fixes the possibility to jump while crawling through a tunnel
    • Fixes a state transition when starting to climb a ladder
    • Fixes melee weapon's knockback values
    • Fixes camera jitter on LevelBackground
    • Removes a useless meta file
    • Adds a native Spine character (you'll need to add the runtimes yourself to be able to use it, and it's quite buggy right now due to a Spine bug)
    I posted this in the Infinite Runner Engine thread initially. My bad :)

JeffSLG, Zehru, Muppo and 2 others like this.
  24. Rizzledeep

Rizzledeep

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share an example of how easy it is to add an ability to your game with the new 3.0!

All I had to do was create the animation states and add a "grab" button in the input manager.

After that I studied how the other abilities were scripted (run, dangle, dash, etc) and used overrides in the same fashion, expanding the character ability script.

It is pretty simple, but very neat and I would not have been able to learn how to do it without corgi engine!

Have a look at this grab/throw ability:

JeffSLG, Muppo and Bagnol like this.
  25. jaelove

jaelove

So no beat em up or multiplayer racing kits?

26. reuno

reuno

@Rizzledeep > That's really cool! That's exactly the kind of things I wanted to see when I built the new ability system. That makes me really happy, thanks a lot for sharing!
    @jaelove > They're still coming. These things take time.

27. preatorianX

preatorianX

Hi @reuno I'm just trying to compile a clean version of Corgi Engine 3.0 for test with Xbox Dev Mode. It seems that everything is ok, but then when I compile for Windows Store > Universal 10 > XAML and then I get the following errors:

Assets\CorgiEngine\MMTools\MMHelpers\MMHelpers.cs(19,29): error CS1061: 'Type' does not contain a definition for 'GetFields' and no extension method 'GetFields' accepting a first argument of type 'Type' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\CorgiEngine\MMTools\MMHelpers\MMHelpers.cs(20,33): error CS1579: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type '?' because '?' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator'

Assets\CorgiEngine\MMTools\MMHelpers\MMHelpers.cs(25,28): error CS1061: 'Type' does not contain a definition for 'GetProperties' and no extension method 'GetProperties' accepting a first argument of type 'Type' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\CorgiEngine\MMTools\MMHelpers\MMHelpers.cs(26,32): error CS1579: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type '?' because '?' does not contain a public definition for 'GetEnumerator'

Any idea why? I'm using Unity 5.4.1f as it was the stable version for a game we have on the works.

Thanks,

28. reuno

reuno

@preatorianX > Yes, that's because xbox doesn't seem to support some reflection methods, used in MMHelpers.
    Fortunately for you, the MMHelpers class is not used anywhere in the CorgiEngine, so you can simply remove it (it's located in MMTools/MMHelpers - don't remove the whole folder, just MMHelpers.cs), and the errors will go away, without any drawback.

29. preatorianX

preatorianX

@reuno That is awesome! Thank you so much for such quick answer! It worked fine :)

reuno likes this.
  30. Plott

Plott

@reuno This new update is AWESOME. You saved me so much time, thanks!!!!!!

One question, Currently I have one melee attack (similar to the normal melee) and I want to link multiple chains of attacks together if the same melee button was pressed. Would it be something as simple as linking new Animations in the Animator from space corgiMelee? I've tried a few different ways but my code isn't working,

31. reuno

reuno

@Plott > I'm really glad you like the update :)
    So if I understand correctly, you want different animations to play when you do a sequence of attacks, I guess the same way as it works in most beat them all games right, where the character will go left punch, right punch, uppercut, but you've pressed only one button 3 times?
    If yes, it's not something that's built-in right now, but you can do it relatively easily.
    The way I'd do it is have a new variable called "AttackCounter" or whatever, and you increase that counter every time you attack. And probably reset it to 0 after 3 hits. Then you pass that value to the animator, and then in the animator, where you'd go from "any state" to your melee animation, you'll now go to one of 3 new animations, with a condition like attackStart true and attackCounter==2.
    I hope this makes sense :)

32. Plott

Plott

Thanks! Makes sense!

1) Is there a reason why in the space-corgi-spritesheet there is 'MeleeAttacking' and 'MeleeStart'?

2) When spaceCorgiMelee played it doesn't seem to play all the way through the animation. Is there an easy way to fix that? I've tried adjusting almost every setting between Any State and Melee, but nothing is doing it correctly. I only noticed because i have a long melee attack and its only getting about one third the way into it before it cuts back to idle state. (** it seems to only show the transition duration.)

*3) Also, i just noticed that the "Damage Area" in the Melee Weapon Script doesn't switch sides with character, its always on the right, not flipping to the left with character.

I hope some of this helps, i can submit bug report somewhere if you need me too, thanks for all the help and hard work!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  33. reuno

reuno

@Plott > 1 - I'm guessing you're talking about the animation parameters? If that's the case, MeleeAttacking is an old parameter, it's not used anymore. I'll remove it.
    2 - That's something you need to define in your animator. Set a fixed duration for your transition. See Unity's documentation for more about that : https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Transition.html
    3 - It works on my version, so that's probably something I fixed in v3.0.1 :), I did a lot of work on melee weapons. Wait for the update if that's ok, and let me know if the problem persists.

34. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi @reuno ,

0) I still haven't updated to 3.0.1 as I still have to make a backup first. Is there any potential game breaking change in 3.0.1?

So far the engine is doing great!

I've got a few questions, a few of which could be feature request if they take too much time to implement.

1) Is there a way to make Level bounds work with a perspective camera? The math behind it scares me a bit? Maybe you could add it to a wishlist?
    2) I'd like to implement "Triggered zone zooms". That is, dynamically changing the Level bounds when the player is inside the bounds, to replicate some sort of "room transition" in scene. I'd also need that to better handle the camera during dialogues.
    3) Changing the Level Bounds at runtime doesn't work. What should I be calling to update them accordingly?
    4) What about being able to change the Level Bounds using scaling handles in the Scene View? Or maybe, Implement a generic "camera bounds" object which is actually a semitransparent sprite which can be stretched and positioned easily, also compatible with dynamic camera bounds?
    5) If the level bounds are too close for the currently set min/max zoom distance (for instance, I temporarily need to only focus on a room) the camera starts jittering instead of trying to use the average position among the bounds and zooming some more. Could this be fixed or refactored in future versions? I can find no other solution than also tweaking the min/max zoom temporarily.
    6) Could you please extend the min/Max CameraController zoom ranges in next versions, or maybe just making them a simple float? I could tweak them myself, but I hate touching a third party source code, since I had to replicate the changes on every update. And extending the class is still prone to stop working if the base class changes too much.

Thanks for your time :)

Kind Regards,
    Alessandro Salvati

35. reuno

reuno

0 > Not that I know of, it's really mostly bugfixes or new (small) features. Still, make a backup :)
    1 > These maths are scary indeed. Added to the list. I guess it'd have to be inside a box rather than just a plane as it is right now? Not a high priority right now though :)
    2 (and 3 I guess) > There are no methods to resize the level bounds at runtime right now, and that's not something I plan to add anytime soon (not a very common usecase). But it can easily be done. You'd need to extend the camera script, add a method that basically gets the current state of the bounds from the LevelManager (there's the line for that somewhere in the class initialization), and call that method via an event or a direct call everytime you modify the bounds.
    4 > I can add handles to the bounds yes.
    5 > If you're in a situation where the bounds are smaller than the camera, why use the camera controller? Just use a regular camera, it won't move anyway.
    6 > Sure, what min/max bounds would you like?

NeatWolf likes this.
  36. Plott

Plott

Thank! Ill wait for the update, I was adjusting a bunch of my enemies last night and it was working fine, so Ill wait and see what happens with the new update. Thanks for the help!

reuno likes this.
  37. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

0) Should I simply import the new version over the previous one into an existing project? Is this the recommended procedure?

2-3) well, it's just matter of adding a checkbox to enable updating the actual bounds at runtime, to allow a "virtual rooms" zooming camera system, I'll think I'll be coding that myself. Corgi's camera handling has still room for improvements in regards of camera handling.
    4) Cool! I guess resizable Level bounds (as a default CameraZone object) could be just a feature which could be extended to support several CameraZones!
    5) Because I don't want my level designer to be forced to switch or do some ugly copy-pasting of different camera prefabs, all sharing the same VFX whenever a camera zoom change/room locking is needed.
    6) Any float to, let's say 0.1 to 100 seem to be reasonable. 0 to infinite if possible. Same thing for the min/max zoom values of the camera controller.

38. reuno

reuno

0 > yes
    2-3 > I'm not saying it's not a cool feature, it's just that I need to keep the engine simple and I just can't add everything, otherwise it becomes unusable. In this case I don't think it's an essential feature for most people, based on the feedback I've had from users in the past years. That's how I decide what gets to be in the asset or not :)
    4 > I guess so too, yes.
    5 > Makes sense. I'll add that check to the list. In the meantime I suggest extending the class and disabling the camera (or its movement) in situations you consider it not useful to have it move.
    6 > I guess it'll just be a float then :) I don't think Unity supports 0 to infinite sliders. Too bad, I like sliders.

NeatWolf likes this.
  39. mfker

mfker

I'm playing around with melee weapon in Mesa1 demo level and I found that when you press quickly horizontal movement key (to move right for example) and then the melee attack key (just the two quick touches), the melee animation won't play. Although, you hit the enemies if you're close to them. Does anyone know how to fix this?

40. reuno

reuno

@mfker > Add a fixed duration to your melee animation in your animator, that should fix it.

41. mfker

mfker

@reuno fixed duration was set (by default I guess), it didn't help :/ I'm not sure if I explained it well. You have to press a key to move right (just a quick touch) and then you have to press the key of melee attack quickly. You hit the enemies but animation doesn't play. Moving right is just an example, it happens with other states also.

42. reuno

reuno

@mfker > I've just made a quick test and reproduce the "problem". Again tweaking your animator to fit your particular transitions will do the trick.
    Here's what I've changed and now the melee animation is displayed everytime :
    upload_2016-11-29_13-49-42.png
    Both show the anystate > walk transition. Left is before, right is after. I've just reduced the transition duration (you can do that by dragging the blue arrow on the "timeline" (sorry I don't know any of the proper names of the things on this panel), to the left. You can ignore the MeleeStart condition at the bottom, it has no impact on that.

There are always ways to improve the animator, but that's really dependent on your character's animation, so there's no generic answer to that. Here it does the trick for the corgi character, but may be different for other animations. Unity has good documentation about that (I posted the link a few posts ago, here it is again : https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Transition.html).

43. mfker

mfker

@reuno thanks man, you are great!

reuno likes this.
  44. Rizzledeep

Rizzledeep

Hey, I had the same issue with the melee/animation transitions. The one reuno shows with the walk seemed to help but I would also apply the 0 transition time to the Idle animation as well, that seemed to do the trick for me!

mfker and reuno like this.
  45. dyuldashev

dyuldashev

@reuno, I hope you are doing well. I was working on a new game through your engine. So far, I like it a lot. Nonetheless, I am having trouble building it for iOS. Its size is around 1.1 GB on my iOS device. Besides, when I go and select a level, it crashes on my device. I have extra 3 GB, so I don't think there is a memory issue. I am trying to load Mesa1 first, and it's failing. I tried loading it in the editor, it's loading fine although a bit slow. I am using Corgi Engine v 3.0.0. I don't know what's going on, so I am attaching what I got on Xcode while building this on my iOS device. I am getting frustrated after failing again and again. So, please help me with this. Thanks.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; min-height: 13.0px} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

2016-11-30 04:48:47.317 corgiengine[907:123824] -> registered mono modules 0xf34ea0

-> applicationDidFinishLaunching()

-> applicationDidBecomeActive()

Renderer: PowerVR SGX 543

Vendor: Imagination Technologies

Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 IMGSGX543-124.1

GLES: 2

GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_instanced_arrays GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_pvrtc_sRGB GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_APPLE_clip_distance GL_APPLE_color_buffer_packed_float GL_APPLE_copy_texture_levels GL_APPLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_sync GL_APPLE_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_APPLE_texture_max_level GL_APPLE_texture_packed_float GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_comp

ression_pvrtc

OPENGL LOG: Creating OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics device ; Context level <OpenGL ES 2.0> ; Context handle 367416464

Initialize engine version: 5.4.0f3 (a6d8d714de6f)

-------- Shader compilation failed

#version 100

#extension GL_EXT_frag_depth : enable

precision highp float;

uniform highp vec4 _ProjectionParams;

uniform highp vec4 _ZBufferParams;

uniform highp mat4 unity_CameraToWorld;

uniform highp mat4 _NonJitteredVP;

uniform highp mat4 _PreviousVP;

uniform highp sampler2D _CameraDepthTexture;

varying highp vec2 xlv_TEXCOORD0;

varying highp vec3 xlv_TEXCOORD1;

void main ()

{

highp vec4 tmpvar_1;

tmpvar_1 = texture2D (_CameraDepthTexture, xlv_TEXCOORD0);

mediump vec2 tmpvar_2;

highp vec4 tmpvar_3;

tmpvar_3.w = 1.0;

tmpvar_3.xyz = ((xlv_TEXCOORD1 * (_ProjectionParams.z / xlv_TEXCOORD1.z)) * (1.0/((

(_ZBufferParams.x * tmpvar_1.x)

+ _ZBufferParams.y))));

highp vec4 tmpvar_4;

tmpvar_4 = (unity_CameraToWorld * tmpvar_3);

highp vec4 tmpvar_5;

tmpvar_5 = (_PreviousVP * tmpvar_4);

highp vec4 tmpvar_6;

tmpvar_6 = (_NonJitteredVP * tmpvar_4);

highp vec2 tmpvar_7;

tmpvar_7 = (((tmpvar_5.xy / tmpvar_5.w) + 1.0) / 2.0);

highp vec2 tmpvar_8;

tmpvar_8 = (((tmpvar_6.xy / tmpvar_6.w) + 1.0) / 2.0);

tmpvar_2 = (tmpvar_8 - tmpvar_7);

mediump vec4 tmpvar_9;

tmpvar_9.zw = vec2(0.0, 1.0);

tmpvar_9.xy = tmpvar_2;

gl_FragDepthEXT = tmpvar_1.x;

gl_FragData[0] = tmpvar_9;

}

-------- failed compiling:

fragment evaluation shader

WARNING: 0:4: extension 'GL_EXT_frag_depth' is not supported

ERROR: 0:38: Use of undeclared identifier 'gl_FragDepthEXT'

Note: Creation of internal variant of shader 'Hidden/Internal-MotionVectors' failed.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-MotionVectors' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-MotionVectors' - Setting to default shader.

UnloadTime: 26.340458 ms

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

UnloadTime: 11.935583 ms

Unloading 10 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 460.

Total: 11.413375 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.175458 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.133583 ms MarkObjects: 1.462583 ms DeleteObjects: 8.552375 ms)

UnloadTime: 6.786583 ms

Unloading 119 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 346.

Total: 3.440958 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.081375 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.087708 ms MarkObjects: 0.978416 ms DeleteObjects: 2.285541 ms)

Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

UnloadTime: 5.791166 ms

Unloading 11 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 460.

Total: 5.725500 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.190166 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.140000 ms MarkObjects: 2.148833 ms DeleteObjects: 3.235375 ms)

UnloadTime: 6.847958 ms

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 460.

Total: 2.248375 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.198750 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.138291 ms MarkObjects: 1.800375 ms DeleteObjects: 0.099666 ms)

UnloadTime: 5.601750 ms

Unloading 119 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 535.

Total: 5.757000 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.247916 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.112000 ms MarkObjects: 3.157291 ms DeleteObjects: 2.231791 ms)

UnloadTime: 15.404959 ms

Unloading 17 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 463.

Total: 9.612625 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.753291 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.172375 ms MarkObjects: 2.120708 ms DeleteObjects: 5.555875 ms)

46. reuno

reuno

Well that's a long error.
    I wish I could help you but I'm no xcode expert though, so I'm not sure what I can do to help here.
    Have you tried building the asset without any change? Because this works like a charm. So my guess is this is something you changed, or maybe a wrong xcode version? Also "I have extra 3 GB" > 3GB of extra what?
    People have been building for iOS without any trouble, and I have done so too :
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/corgi-engine/id1095137356?mt=8
    Just followed Unity's standard processes for iOS, didn't get any issue.

Regarding the size, this is unrelated to the engine, whose scripts barely weigh anything. That size you see is the size of your assets, you may want to reduce texture size, etc. Unity has good documentation about that.

47. dyuldashev

dyuldashev

3GB of extra memory. You might be right because my friend worked on new levels. The size is insanely large. I will have to talk to him about it. Then, I will get back to you after trying out the suggestions you listed. Hopefully, I can get it working. Thanks. Talk to you soon...

48. reuno

reuno

@dyuldashev > I didn't know you could get 3GB of extra memory on an iPhone/iPad. Anyway, if the problem persists, please send me an email on the support email address instead of posting here, thanks. Can't keep track of issues otherwise.

49. dyuldashev

dyuldashev

Probably, you misunderstood me. Apps crash if there is not enough memory to load new levels. What I mean is that my device has extra 3GB of memory. So, I am saying that the crash is not occurring due to insufficient memory to load new levels. Ok, I will email you if there is an issue. I don't like the build size of 1.1 GB at all. So, the problem must be lying somewhere in there. Thanks. I will let you know!

50. reuno

reuno