Search Unity

[Released] CCG Kit: create your own collectible card game with Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanmoebeal

seanmoebeal

Thanks for all the guidance and assistance. I think it helps confirm most of my assumptions I was starting to make.

I also just recently edited/added to my post before seeing your response:
    I was wondering if you could perhaps follow up on any of that too.
    Thanks again!

2. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No worries and happy to know it helped!

This is something that you would need to implement yourself at the moment, but it should be pretty doable. As one of the goals of the next update is to increase the depth of the official documentation, I will add this to my list of things to expand upon.

3. seanmoebeal

seanmoebeal

Much appreciated! Thanks.

4. seanmoebeal

seanmoebeal

Hi again,
    I feel I have a simple answer coming to me. I wish I was adept enough to figure it out for myself, but I can't find the code that is determining when a creature card dies because it's defense gets below zero. I've looked for this one aspect for over an hour or two and it's driving me mad.
    I ask, because I've created my creature cards to also have a health attribute. When their defense is gone, then their health starts to decrease. But the player can increase either, like eating food, or replenishing their 'shield' (Defense). But, I only want them to die when their health reaches 0.
    Any suggestions on where I can edit that bit of code?

5. peca92sk

peca92sk

I think that is regulated in editor, all creature cards have an effect "destroy this card when defence <=0", hope I helped :D

gamevanilla likes this.
  6. seanmoebeal

seanmoebeal

Brilliant. I had changed so much and started nearly from scratch, I overlooked that wonderfully simple mechanism. Thank you much!

gamevanilla likes this.
  7. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

That is exactly right! Thank you @peca92sk. :)

8. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! I have some exciting news to share about CCG Kit.

As many of you know already, I have been working for quite some time on the next update of the kit. What initially started as a maintenance update has grown into something much bigger: a complete re-implementation of the kit based on all the lessons learned and all the feedback received during its first year of life. These are the most notable features of this update:
    • Easy to understand, easy to extend core: One of the guiding principles behind the new design of the kit has been to allow users to extend and customize it as needed for their games in a way that does not prevent them from updating to future versions. In that spirit, users will also have access to the official private repository of the project and be able to make contributions to it.

• Improved demo game: After the extensive changes to the kit on the inside, I felt the need to also improve the visuals of the accompanying demo game. Not only the UI and graphics are completely new, but there are also some welcome additions like a targeting arrow for combat/abilities, a simplified workflow (e.g., only one prefab for the cards) and new animations.

• Wiki: The official documentation will become a wiki with more extensive information about how the kit works and step-by-step guides. Just as with the official repository, user contributions will be definitely welcome.
    I would like to thank you all for your patience, as this update is taking way longer than originally anticipated due to the nature of the changes. In some cases, I have even had to write two or three alternative implementations in order to figure out their relative advantages and disadvantages and help decide which way to move forward, which takes a lot of time. I truly believe the effort is worth it, though!

Before officially releasing the update to the store, we will have a few weeks of beta testing in order to make sure everything is as stable as it was before. Over the next few days, I will be posting more detailed information here about these features in preparation for the official beta launch, which I will also announce here (hopefully, it will happen at some point over the next two weeks).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Laszlo-Apro and cygnusprojects like this.
  9. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! Today I want to share with you a few images of how the new demo game for CCG Kit is looking like. As you can see, this is a complete redesign of the entire game from the ground up and I hope you will like it! Please note the actual game is not as dark as the screenshots suggest (I believe the darkness is caused by the compression); you can click on the images to see them bigger and better.

Home

Lobby

Deck builder

Game

Akarui likes this.
  10. lordzardeck

lordzardeck

@Spelltwine-Games That looks AMAZING. Great job!! Love the little lighting effects, makes it look really professional.

gamevanilla likes this.
  11. DmNerd

DmNerd

Really looking forward to this update.

gamevanilla likes this.
  12. eddyfosman

eddyfosman

@Spelltwine-Games Great, cant wait to become beta tester for this version, please pm me if you want. I need to test the effect extension function :D

gamevanilla likes this.
  13. Akarui

Akarui

I've been checking the thread every day since the end of May and it was totally worth the wait!
    The demo looks so polished, I can't wait to see what's changed in the code!

gamevanilla likes this.
  14. eddyfosman

eddyfosman

I would buy 1 more license to support the devs (or donate directly to them), keep up the good work guys!

gamevanilla likes this.
  15. peca92sk

peca92sk

This looks awesome :D Cant wait to start working with this upgraded kit ! Ready to beta test it :D

gamevanilla likes this.
  16. etphonehome73

etphonehome73

HI

I just wanna congratulate "Spelltwine-Games" for this great kit. It now looks like a professional asset and i hope it plays like one too:)

After playing all the important and not so import ccg/tcg available for tablets, i just play one now: Eternal the Card Game. This is a great mix between Magic The Gathering and Hearthstone and should be the gameplay that your game should mimic from the base core. It will please both Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering fans.

I just want to add some suggestions:

- Add some draft/Sealed gameplay to your kit. Create some PVE/PVP draft arenas like in Eternal, where you craft your own deck from random cards an play against random decks or other players.

- Allow for custom sounds for each card for: "When summoned" and "When destroyed" at least, so you can add your own summon and dying voices like HS and Eternal.

- Keep it possible to play offline games for single player against the AI. I'm planning to create a game for fun but keep it only for PVE.

- Option to add special effects (FX) for summon, dying and receiving abilities.

- Probably consider a sale launch price for this version. Is not that this asset don't deserve its full price, but it is a bit to high for most of people that buy assets.
    A lot of people here are students that don't have that kind of money easily available. Its better to sell 1000 assets at 50 dollars than 200 at one hundred dollars and i think a lot of people are willing to buy your asset at the right price.
    - I think you're already planning the option to buy packs and selling extra cards options.

- Keep it open so people can code to improve and create new features but also editable enough so people can create a cool game only by bring new assets (graphics, sounds, FX) and editing your core game. Most people buy assets because they don't know how to code, or how to create 3d Models, like myself. You will probably have only a few professional people that will buy your asset.

- How good do you consider the AI?

"Adventure Creator" has almost 500, 5 stars votes, because it allows people to create adventure games without coding. I think your asset and AC are the best ones on the Asset Store. So please keep in mind the ones that don't know how to code and your sales will rise. "Create a CCG without any coding" will be the best selling slogan for your asset:)

If you don't know Eternal the Card Game, please consider checking it for what features you could add to your asset. If your asset can create a game like this one from the core (without coding) i think you hit the point that you will please most of your buyers and potential ones.

Keep the good work and thank you for bringing this amazing asset to Unity Store.

BYE

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    gamevanilla likes this.
  17. Crowly

Crowly

18. Crowly

Crowly

I also see there is an update coming I guess it is best to wait and start with the new update...

I have a vultur server cloud and was wondering if there was any help getting this setup. I've been reading the doc. It's just I never set anything up on a server before. A nice youtube video on a step by step setup would most likely be so helpful to many. If anyone can lead me in the direction I would be so thankful

19. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words and your excellent feedback! Definitely noted. :)

20. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your purchases! The error means you have imported the entire Master Server Kit asset into your CCG Kit project; you should only import the Core folder as described here.

21. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

There is a step-by-step guide on how to deploy the kit to a Digital Ocean server which can be useful as a reference here. I recommend trying both assets independently and locally first (i.e., CCG Kit with Unity Services and Master Server Kit with its accompanying demo) in order to become familiar with how they work before tackling more complex issues such as deployment of both combined to an actual server.

22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

@Spelltwine-Games OMG I pissed my pants!!!! Awesome UPDATE!!!! Could you please import some move animation or placeholder when the cards are laied to the table like in heartstone... A visible movement of the card from hand to table position? And a placeholder for some attack/defend/health partical effects? When is the UPDATE out?????

gamevanilla likes this.
  23. LUTOPiA

LUTOPiA

Any plans on adding monetization options?

24. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I feel monetization is a very platform and game-specific topic that is a bit outside the scope of the kit and should be better handled by a specialized solution.

25. LUTOPiA

LUTOPiA

But aren't packs of random cards within the scope of the kit?

26. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

I certainly plan to add a server-agnostic card packs purchasing example in the future, but not features like in-app purchases or integrations with existing payment gateways.

Dziemian likes this.
  27. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! I am currently on the final stages of the work towards a first beta release of the next update of the kit. My plan is to create the private repository and give access to interested users next Friday. I would also like to answer some common questions regarding the beta:

Who should sign up for the beta?
    If you are an existing CCG Kit user interested in trying out the new direction of the kit and giving feedback/reporting issues, you should definitely sign up for the beta. If you are more interested in the final result of the update, you should probably wait until it is officially released on the Asset Store. Please sign up only if you actually intend to thoroughly test the update and provide feedback.

Please note this is a beta: bugs are to be expected and some features are missing. Expect rapid development over the following weeks as we approach a final release.

How do I sign up for the beta?
    You need to send me a message to the official support email including your invoice number and your GitLab username.

When will the official release to the Asset Store happen?
    When the beta is ready (but I expect stabilization to happen at some point during July).

Will the official release be a free update?
    Yes, the update will be completely free for existing users.

Should I stay with the current version or switch to the new one once it is released?
    This is a decision that is ultimately up to you. The next update is a complete redesign and reimplementation of the kit based on all the lessons learned and feedback received during its first year of life. This means it is better, but unfortunately it also means it is not backwards compatible with previous versions.

Dziemian likes this.
  28. Dziemian

Dziemian

Wow, that's really impressive! Great approach Spelltwine, one that other kit developers should look up to. Fellow ccg kit users seem to be mostly excited for the new UI (which looks very user friendly, clear and practical, can't wait to test that new targeting system that you have mentioned) but working with a well written code is something that I really look forward to.
    Thanks again Spelltwine, keep up the good work!

Great idea Gunhi.
    I too would be willing to donate a certain amount of money each month, to keep Spelltwine focused on further development of the kit.

gamevanilla likes this.
  29. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, Can I see my invoice only in the bill? Dont have the emails anymore :(

30. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Maybe screenshot of my download vault?

31. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No worries! You can still see your invoice number in your Asset Store account's dashboard.

32. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your kind words! :)

33. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Ive sended you mail. Thanks

34. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Received! Thank you.

35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

where? I might be blind

36. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

If you click on your profile picture on the Asset Store, there is a section called Credit Card/PayPal where you can see a list of all the assets you have purchased together with their invoice numbers. But I am good to go with the email you sent me, so no worries!

37. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

ah great found it :) Thanks. I was searching for invoices or licences or something :)

gamevanilla likes this.
  38. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

does beta still starts tomorrow??? Iam so excited!!!!!

gamevanilla likes this.
  39. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes! :)

40. peca92sk

peca92sk

David, im not sure if you received my mail, but I would like to beta test the kit too :D

gamevanilla likes this.
  41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

okay. Its friday and I refreshing my email client every second :D :D :D

gamevanilla likes this.
  42. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Hello! I am very happy to know you are as excited as I am about the new beta. :)

Everyone who expressed interested in signing up for the beta should already have access to the private repository, where you will also find more detailed information about it.

Thank you for your interest and support, and I sincerely hope you enjoy the new kit!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  43. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

awesome thank you! I will test it intensly. Do you use some kind of bugtracker where I can add bugs?

44. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! Yes, GitLab has a bug tracker integrated and we will keep all issues/feedback/discussion related to the beta there for convenience. I have already created several ones for known issues or missing features as a starting point.

pushingpandas likes this.
  45. thiagomelo

thiagomelo

I have sended the mail.

Thanks a lot.

46. xwintermute

xwintermute

David,

(or anyone) are there some basic instructions to load the demo? I imported the files and am unable to do anything if I load the first home scene. It's saying I need to load the asset bundle, or add scenes to the build. I added all scenes to the build, but i'm still getting errors. I'm posting in here vs email, just in case some simple instructions to load the beta would be helpful for everyone else. Thanks!

47. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

No special instructions! You should be able to open the project in Unity and start playing right away. Could you please send me a screenshot of your project and the exact errors you are receiving to the support email?

48. xwintermute

xwintermute

I think it may be that because you didn't implement single player mode that i'm getting errors, I can bounce between scenes just fine. It really looks great so far, I can't wait to dig into it a bit more!

gamevanilla likes this.
  49. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Awesome! Thank you. :)

50. xwintermute

xwintermute

Is the editor not working yet either? I'm just trying to figure out where I can actually start looking at the changes besides the cosmetics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.