Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] BFGames: Simply A* Pathfinding! NOW FREE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BFGames, Dec 28, 2012.

1. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Thanks for the fast reply. Working now.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  2. Nine_Tails

Nine_Tails

I'm curious about your waypoint navigation. What I'm wanting to do is impliment a naviagtion system like that found in Xcom or Shadowground. Where a character has a set range movement and it's movement range is displayed around him.

Has anyone got a way in which you can highlight the available path a character / entity can take within a range?

3. BFGames

BFGames

Thats not a part of the system, you will need to code that part your self.

4. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Nvm.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  5. BFGames

BFGames

Wrong thread mate ;)

6. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

My apologies.

7. andyblem

andyblem

I am failing to add my own dynamic grid object. when i add the default td objects the system works, bt when i parent the td object or when i add my own Mesh it does not work. I have tried adding MeshFilters to my mesh but nothing works

8. jimjames

jimjames

Hi:
    I was wondering if you can remove waypoints during runtime and restart the path generated for AI without getting error "IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range." after a few restarts of the same object. My setup kinda dosnt allow for grid.
    Thanks

9. Toacher81

Toacher81

Hi. Iv been trying to use pathfinding2D, but when im drawing map it doesnt use the Collider2Ds for drawing usable node areas. Is there away for to use Collider2D, or do i have to use normal Colliders, as that seems to work?

10. liquify

liquify

Hi @BFGames, I would like to ask about the FindPath method in the WaypointPathfinder.cs. Is it possible to make the FindPath method to return a list of WaypointNodes, instead of returning a list of Vector3? I see that there is a variable called "currentNode", but it is a WaypointListNode...

11. BFGames

BFGames

If you know your way around code it is very possible. You need to find where i take all positions from the nodes and returns that list. Then you have to rewrite that part to return whatever you want. However as i have not looked at the code for almost a year i cannot pin point the exact spot, sorry :D

12. liquify

liquify

No worries... Thanks for giving your code away for free. Good luck with your projects :)

13. Blacklight

Blacklight

Hi @BFGames,

I really like the asset, but I had one issue that I was hoping you could help me with. Is there a way to get the grid generator to work with multi-leveled structures? IE a bridge where characters can walk both under and on top of it?

Blarp likes this.
  14. BFGames

BFGames

Sorry that never made it into the project. And i dont work on it anymore sadly.

15. Blacklight

Blacklight

I had a fiddle with the code, and I reckon I'd have to entirely rework how the grid is stored to get it to work. I think I'll have to find another solution.

Still, thank you for the excellent asset!

Blarp likes this.
  16. juglarx

juglarx

Hi it is a great asset! it is posible mix in one scene a pathfinding grid with a waypoint for 2 different kind of object, mainly i would like human walking with the grid pathfinding and cars using the waypoints pathfinding... it is posible ?
    cheers

17. Blarp

Blarp

18. ardiawanbagusharisa

ardiawanbagusharisa

Hello!

I know it' been a while. But, how can I get an array of waypoint nodes via code?

19. Infitek

Infitek

Hello ! I have a little issue with the MoveDiagonal option, my ennemies are moving diagonally sometimes even if the option is unchecked, and the Guizmo representation of the grid of the map show 8 neighbours by tile, is this a know issue ? Isthere a fix for it ?
    Thank you for this amazing asset.