Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Android Native Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 20, 2013.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Plugin provides the easy and flexible functionality of Android native functions which are not available from Unity, including in-app purchases, play service native alerts. Package architecture is similar to IOS Native package
    The plugin comes with complete documentation and a sample scene to get you started immediately!

Available on Asset Store | Documentation

If you have ANY urgent issue, please contact support at support@stansassets.com instead of posting on the forum.
    • I am not always getting forum notifications
    • I can not provide you with updated version here
    • You will get answer and fix much and much faster if you have contacted support directly
    • Getting answer on forums usually takes from 1-3 days
    • Answer from support takes less that 1 day. (in most cases we are answering imitate or in few hours, answer can take up to 48 hours if we are overloaded)
    Keep forum posts for the:
    • Feature requests
    • Suggestions
    • Sharing your experience
    • Questions
    • Minor bug reports

Billing:
    * Set Up instructions
    * In-App purchases
    * Fully documented and super easy to use
    Play Service: (Android 2.3+ required)
    * Detailed set up instructions
    * Google Cloud
    * Leader-boards
    * Achievements
    * Quests and Events
    * Retrieve top or player center scores
    * Play Service users names and avatars
    * Load Friend list
    Game Gifting:
    * Sending a requests
    * Handling requests using the default inbox UI
    * Handling requests programmatically
    * Full Documentation
    Google Mobile Ad: (Android 2.3+ required)
    * Set Up instructions
    * All banners supported
    * All banners events
    * 9 Gravity options + ability to set custom pos
    * Interstitials supported
    * IAP Ads listener
    * Fully Documented
    Twitter:
    * User Auntification
    * Loading User Data
    * Posting
    * Posting with image
    * Native Platfrom Posting
    * Posting with auth check
    * Application Only API
    Facebook:
    Provided facebook api as wrapper class around Unity Facebook SDK. With means all Unity Facebook SDK will be completely available for you. Wrapper include API for:
    * User Auntification
    * Loading User Data
    * Posting
    * Posting with image
    * Native Platfrom Posting
    * Posting with auth check
    * App Request
    * Loading friends information
    * Payments
    * Analytics
    Google Analytics:
    * Advanced Configuration
    * Measuring Events
    * Measuring In-App Payments
    * User timings
    * Fully Documented
    Camera And Gallery
    * Taking Photo from Camera
    * Loaing Texture from Gallery
    * Saving Texture to Gallery
    * Saving Screenshot to Gallery
    More Features:
    * Editor Settings UI * Immersive Mode
    * Push Notifications
    * Local Notifications
    * Toast Notifications
    * Rate Pop-up
    * Dialog Pop-up
    * Message Pop-up
    * Native Preloader
    * ART mode support (starting from Unity 4.5)
    * PlayMaker Actions
    * Flash Like Events as gift

Supported 3-rd party plugins:
    • Playmaker - Artists and Designers: Realize your creative vision without coding! Unlock the power of Unity.
    • Simple IAP System - Takes the complexity out of in-app purchases (IAPs) and the billing process as a whole by providing a one-stop solution for managing IAPs.

Hot get Support

Tutorial Videos:
    Sorry, for misspelling and accent . English isn't my native language. but I am keep practicing :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Gozdek likes this.
  2. derkoi

derkoi

Hi,

I just purchased this and I've emailed you a question regarding restoring purchases.

Edit: Excellent support, works great now. Thanks :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  3. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

I am interested in this package and was hoping to see what the unity community thought of it. But there only 2 posts here. Has anyone used this plugin and can share their experience?

4. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

I am partially answering my own question here. I ended up biting the bullet and buying the asset, I thought it was worth a punt for only $20.

As you can see from my previous post, it has only been an hour since I purchased the asset. In that time, I got the test app running and up onto google play for testing and successfully ran test purchases against the google store.

I have no previous knowledge of google play or in app purchases. The instructions by the developer were the best I have seen from any purchase on Unity Asset store. He walks you through all aspects of setting up an account on google and configuring your app for publishing. I am very impressed.

I still have a long way to go to integrate with my own app, but I have a good understanding of the process now and am hopeful this will be straight forward.

(Please note, I am in no way affiliated with the developer)

5. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks a lot for purchasing and such good words!

That is really good to know that my asset saves your time. If you will have any questions please fill free to post it here, or contact me by directly by e-mail: lacost.st@gmail.com

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  6. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

Hi Lacost,

Your asset looks interesting but I have a few questions. My usecase might not be a fit for your products since my game will be cross platform (ios, android, windows store, windows phone). But I'd figured I'd ask just in case.

1. How similar is your API between the ios and android products for the pieces that have comparable functionality (i.e. leaderboards, popups, etc)
    2. Do you intend in the next year or so intend to make a windows product for the live services?

In your category of plugins I've also looked at the reviews to the Prime 31 and Unibill. Prime 31 is obviously more expensive and does charge per platform. Unibill is cross platform with the same API (which is a plus for my usecase) but is a subset of features (only billing related). I realize this is a broad question but just wanted to get your feeling on what platforms you eventually intend to support even if they are multiple products and how similar the API's into your products will be on the different platforms but on similar functionality.

7. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hi there.

I try to make as much similar as possible. So user who already use and like on of my plugin will not spend time to figure out architecture of the plugin to next platform. Exempt some uncomparable stuff. For example android dose not have non-cinsumable products, you have to consume it by your self, but ios does.

Basically road map is look like that
    * Add AD services to current plugins
    * Create plugin for OS X
    * Create Plugin for windows
    * Plugin for steam.

Those guys did great job.
    Bu I pointing to create plugin with contain all necessary features list.
    Like IAp, Game Center, Cloud, Native pop-ups (native multiplayer probably)
    And make it affordable.
    But if you need more that that, for example maps, or tricky camera work or any other native service, that I gues you should look to the more expasive plugin with wide feature list, or implement it by your self.
    Eventually both of my plugins are open source, so it can be easily extended.

8. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

New Features:
    • Ad mob
    • Toast Notifications
    Fixes:
    • Fixed bug with building on other Platforms

9. cpasjuste

cpasjuste

Hi lacost,

I do have a little problem with the way could saves are handled. My data to save is encrypted then converted to a base64 string, then when loading the string is converted from base64 then decrypted. All was working fine when i used "UnityGPGPlugin" to load/save my data to google cloud, but now i do get an error when trying to load the saved data with your plugin : Decrypt( serializedString ) : System.Exception: Invalid character found

I think it may be related to the string returning by your native code which is an UTF-16 string, while the other plugin just returned the bytes : https://github.com/faizann/UnityGPGPlugin/blob/master/GPGPlugin/Src/NerdGPG.java#L628

I do not had the time to look further, but maybe you'll think to a simple solution to my problem !

Else the plugin is great, the code clean and the price good !

10. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello Cpasjuste. I got your problem.

Solution is simple, I will just add function to set and return bytes from the cloud.
    I understand that there is a lot of time to weight before update version will be approved in Asset Store, so please PM me your e-mail and I will send you update version in the next few days.

Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  11. TheValar

TheValar

Hey just bought this plugin recently and I'm excited by the prospects. I love the fact that you made the source code available so that I can add small features as I see fit. It also gives me peace of mind that if you stop supporting it I can fix small bugs if they appear (assuming I can figure it out lol).

So far I have managed to get some basically google play game services functionality going but I've run into an issue. Whenever I come back into the game after pressing the home button the game crashes. Any clue why this might be ocurring?

12. jhample

jhample

I am having an issue while using this with Unibill. I am using Unibill to do in app purchasing across multiple platforms. However it seems both Unibill and Android Native are attempting to add the same file to the project and are causing errors. Any idea how to fix this?

13. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Helllo.

I already go similar bug report, problem will be solved till friday, Thanks a lot for reporting.

Hello jhample, Please read FAQ Section and Can I use this plugin with other Android Plugins from Asset Store paragraph.

Let me know if something not clear there or you will need any other help.

14. jhample

jhample

I was able to solve the issue by opening the Android Native project and pulling out anything that has to do with billing. Is there any chance that future updates could allow you to pick which features you would like to import? Maybe break the project into 2-3 jars and have a check box for what features you want to use? U3DXT does this for their iOS plugins.

15. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello jhample, and thank you for sharing your experience.

That is something I can think over on the future updates.
    Currently I am working on improving plugin stability, and adding local / push notifications.

In my opinion its much better to have open source project included, where you can do anything, cut or add functionality etc.
    I thunk that is much better that 3-5 closed jars. Besides Android Plugins has a bit different structure, so this would not so easy to do like with IOS.

Cheers!

16. Extrawurst

Extrawurst

I highly second that, especially because combining multiple plugins on android is simply a PITA (if not impossible) without accessing the sources of them

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  17. TheValar

TheValar

Just wondering, is multiplayer for GPGS anywhere on the roadmap for this?

18. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    Yes it is. But not sure when I will start developing it.

19. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

One of the biggest updates is finally released.

SDK Updates:
    Play service SDK updated to latest version
    Google Mobile Ad uses new api

New Feature:

Google Mobile Ad new SDK
    * All banner sizes support
    * Interstitial support
    * Full event pack for banners and intestinal ad

Google Analytics Added
    * Advanced Configuration
    * Measuring Events
    * Measuring In-App Payments
    * User timings

Fixes:
    Fixed Crash when ini function called with out Clien.APP_STATE option.
    Pop ups close event fixed.

20. John-Wussow

John-Wussow

We recently picked up this plugin for our game and it is very easy to use and is exactly what we need. However, we would like to add in server side receipt validation for purchases. Do you expose the receipt and signature returned from Google In App Billing? This is important to prevent fake purchases in our game.

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello. Tanks for purchase.
    Purchase verification is on the plugin road map, right after social part (Twitter, Facebook)

22. MissingText

MissingText

I am attempting to modify the plugin using Eclipse and the project zip located in Extensions\AndroidNative\Eclipse. I believe I have correctly set up the project in my own workspace, but I am still getting build errors.

This seems to suggest that I may not be referencing the same google_play_services library that was used when the plugin was compiled.
    I initially imported the latest "Google Play services" library and received numerous errors when I tried to build. I then thought to try the "Google Play services for Froyo" library, since the documentations seems to imply that support for Android 2.2 is intended, but errors still abound.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing? I might be able to fix some syntax errors and assume all is well, but I would prefer to modify as little code as possible so that I can continue to easily integrate future updates as they are released.

Thanks for any input!

*Edit*

I resolved this via this thread. It looks like some project properties do not get updated properly when imported into eclipse. Basically just switch between platform build targets in the project's Android settings and things work out of the box. The needed dependencies are included with the project as long as you have ADT set up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  23. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello. Thans for purchase.
    It was some problems with Eclipse project in old version (missing correct library references).
    Please update to latest version (you do not have to import anything Eclipse project should compile from box, all necessary libraries included) and if problem steel there, please report here or by e-mail: lacost.st@gmail.com

P.S. Current plugin version use latest PlayServiceLib. If you need old plugin version with is support Froyo 2.2, it's avaliable up on request.
    Cheers!

24. atmuc

atmuc

Hi Lacost,

i get warning on facebook settings as Keytool not found. after i added "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\bin\" to my path i can see it in my command prompt.i restarted unity but i get the same error.

also can you add some instructions for openssl installation.

25. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello. Well it not directly connected with the plugin. But can you give me some screenshot and more error description, I will try to help.
    Cheers!

26. atmuc

atmuc

$Android_001.jpg

is this from Facebook SDK?

27. RC15

RC15

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  28. atmuc

atmuc

thanks RC15. i think lacost uses Facebook sdk that we can download from Asset Store. Because Facebook released it's sdk for Unity, lacost should remove Facebook codes from this plugin. if i miss something please warn me lacost. i tried to import facebook sdk from asset store i got some errors.

29. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks, appreciated!

Yes you a right my facebook implementation in the plugin this is some kind of warper around Unity Facebook SDK. I thing that is good solution beacuse

1) Core methods, like login, posting, positing with image, parsing user / friends data, getting user and friends avatars, has more elegant solution and you do not need to parse or collect api calls by your self.
    2) If you do not like my facebook implementation or you want more function. Unity Facebook SDK is available for you and you do not have to do anything like solving Compatibility problems because it already there integrated and working perfectly with the plugin.

If you will try combine Unity Facebook SDK with any other Android plugin from asset store, you will understand why it's important to have it already integrated.

That why it's included in the package, because if I will remove it, the customer will have to:

1) Download Latest Facebook SDK from Aseets Store
    2) Follow instruction to remove conflicts
    3) Fight with compatibility plugin version and Unity SDK version (Currently fully compatible version already on aboard)

30. RC15

RC15

Hi Stanislav

I'm testing my application and I have a problem with AndroidInAppPurchaseManager.instance.retrieveProducDetails ();
    When it is called, app crashes on device. No error on logcat.
    I tried to buy an item, and it seemed to work (I received google confirmation email) . But after one second it crashed and now it crashes every start calling retrieveProducDetails ().
    Any idea ?!

Edit : It works only with one test account.

SOLVED it was a publicKey problem

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  31. panor

panor

hello, would need to know if it brings native functions of image gallery, and return the path to use the image?

32. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

RC15
    Hello. Sorry for delay with replay, and I glad that problem is solved!

panor
    Hello. Not in the future updates that for sure.
    There is a lot of feature and addons has been added, so I have to work on plugin stability, documentations and polishing some period of time.

Cheers!

33. HannesB

HannesB

hi,

thanks for the great asset - I am using it to show add banners in my game, while gameplay is running.
    When the add is shown, the game "lacks" a bit - for about 1/2 second.

I am using a script, attached to an UI element in my scene, containg the code below:

void Start ()
    {
    #if UNITY_ANDROID
    AndroidAdMobController.instance.Init(MY_AD_UNIT_ID);

//See also AddKeyword and AddTestDevice functions
    banner1 = AndroidAdMobController.instance.CreateAdBanner(TextAnchor.UpperCenter, GADBannerSize.BANNER);
    if (banner1.IsLoaded)
    banner1.Show();
    #endif
    }

It's working but do I use it correctly - since the "lacking", when the game is running?
    1/2 second does not sound critical but the game is a fast-action game, where immediate response is imporant.

best regards,
    Hannes

34. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello. Thanks for the purchase. Well it isn't' very good implementation Let's go thrum your implementation:

Code (csharp):
    1. #if UNITY_ANDROID
    You not should to do this, plugin is test to work on other platforms. But that is good practise any way.

Code (csharp):
    1. AndroidAdMobController.instance.Init(MY_AD_UNIT_ID )
    Doing this on Start function is okay, If you have only one scene - no problem but if you have few scenes. and you may return to this one, you will get duplicated init call with isn't good and can lead to game "lack"

Code (csharp):
    1. banner1 = AndroidAdMobController.instance.CreateAdBanner(Tex tAnchor.UpperCenter, GADBannerSize.BANNER);
    Everything good here. But the same remark as with initialisation, if you will return to this scene banner will be created again with is not good practice actually. But if you have only one scene, than - no problem.

Code (csharp):
    1. if (banner1.IsLoaded)
    2. banner1.Show();
    3. #endif
    4. }
    Banner can not be loaded right after it was created. so this one is useless.

All Android native function call make cause this. Because they all have to be done in maint hread (unity restriction)

When banner is loaded it will be showed automatically. To control by your self when to show the banner you can set ShowOnload Flag to false and listen for BANNER_LOADED_FUNCTION by your self, and decide the best time to show it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  35. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I have created small video tutorial. I hope it will help you to better understand the way In-apps should be implemented in your game.
    Sorry, for misspelling and accent . English isn't my native language. but I am keep practicing :)

36. HannesB

HannesB

Hi "lacost",

thank you for your fast reply!
    In fact it's a very simple game that has only one sceene.

But I did some minor changes: set a static "initilized" varialble, so the initialization only happens once.

I tried to use it, when setting the deployment target to windows phone 8 but this did not work - there are compiler errors in the fb.cs file.

nice greetings from austria,
    Hannes

37. TheValar

TheValar

Small feature request. Any chance this plugin could support the new Immersive Mode that comes with KitKat?

here's an example implementation

If not I'll probably just add it in myself but it would be nice to see it included in this package.

38. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks for request. I will consider to add it in future release.

39. Afrokid001

Afrokid001

Hi lacost, I purchased this recently (2-3 days ago) mainly for the adds, analytics and facebook side. I am a complete novice at c# (Just converted my game over from Uniscript) so expect to hear some questions shooting from my direction.

I'm just setting up the analytics so I'll post back to let you know how I go. Thanks for the asset!

P.S I have sent you an email to your tech support.

40. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, thanks for purchase.
    You already should have an answer from support by this time :)
    Good luck with your project!

41. RC15

RC15

Hi Stanislav,

Could you please post here release notes for each new version ?!

42. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

No problem :)

And yeas Notes for version 2.3

* Compatibility update for Google Mobile ad and Mobile Social Plugin
    * ChengeInterstisialAdUnityId and ChangeBannerAdUnityId function added.

43. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

I'm fairly new to Android development. I bought this plugin and after importing it I get 61 errors. Is there something basic I am missing??

44. henriquefaria

henriquefaria

All features work on Unity Free?

45. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.

No, that is not good at allo. Please send me errors log. And descrbe when are yougtting them
    * In editor
    * when you trying to build
    * on device

Unity Androd developemnt has a lot of surprices, you probably facing ne of the. Or you can ofcurse can just google this errors.

Yes! :)

46. atmuc

atmuc

47. henriquefaria

henriquefaria

All features work on Unity Free?

48. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

The error log seems to be bigger then the forum allows for upload which is odd since it's only 275 kb. I'll see if I can message you the log.

I sent it to your email address.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  49. juuuuun

juuuuun

Hi

Is it possible to access photo album using this plugin so that I can save the photo shooted image or screen captured image to photo album?

Thank you,

50. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

You totally right. I will go right there. Thanks!

Yep!

No, plugin does not have feature like this. That is only specific feature that's why it isn't implemented yet. But as usual source code is open, yoo can fell free to add anything you want to the plugin.