Search Unity

[RELEASED 1.1.0] JSON Visual Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by richierich1204, Mar 21, 2017.

1. richierich1204

richierich1204

Use the Json Editor to create your game data right in the Unity Editor! No coding or scripting required.

Features:
    * Create and modify json files without leaving Unity's editor.
    * Work on multiple json worksheets simultaneously.
    * Add and remove json entries with the click of a button.
    * Modify json entries intuitively from inspector fields.
    * Change entries to other data types as your game designs evolve.
    * Save all file changes into a perfectly formatted, easy to read json file every time.

Includes:
    * Json Editor
    * Json.Net 10.0.3

No more worrying about ill formatted json files. Anyone can confidently create the data your game needs with the Json Editor...even designers and artists!

Download now from the asset store!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Owlglass_Moot and Razmot like this.
  2. richierich1204

richierich1204

Just submitted a new version to the Asset Store. The newest build upgrades Json.Net from 7.0 to 9.0.1. Be on the lookout for this release in the next week or so!

3. richierich1204

richierich1204

The new version of the Json Visual Editor is officially available on the Asset Store. The newest build upgrades Json.Net from 7.0 to 9.0.1. Download today for easy and fun data generation for your game development needs!

4. richierich1204

richierich1204

If your game needs unstructured data and Excel isn't cutting it for you then download Json Visual Editor today. It's fast, fun and totally easy!

gibberingmouther likes this.
  5. richierich1204

richierich1204

I'm getting very close to a new release with some exciting new features for the visual editor! Better file handling, multi file editing, UX and UI improvements and more coming soon!

Json Visual Editor

6. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

great stuff

richierich1204 likes this.
  7. richierich1204

richierich1204

@Play_Edu thanks! This tool has helped me tons and I hope you get the same benefit as I have.

Let me know if you have any questions or requests. Take care!

8. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Cool project man. :)

9. richierich1204

richierich1204

@Dustin-Horne thanks man! Much respect for the work you're doing as well. Keep it up!

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  10. richierich1204

richierich1204

A new release of the Json Editor is out:
    * Upgrade to Json.Net 10.0.3
    * Work on multiple json worksheets at a time
    * UI Improvements
    * UX Improvements

Create your game data the fun and easy way using the Json Editor! Get it while it's hot!!!

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  11. richierich1204

richierich1204

If your game has Json data in it then you need the Json Editor to help you manage it. Creating, editing and saving json is a breeze with this tool. Literally anyone on your team can use it!

Dustin-Horne likes this.
  12. richierich1204

richierich1204

Runt is celebrating its birthday with a sale on our Json Editor tool for the unity community! Our treat...now go make something awesome!

13. CarterG81

CarterG81

I like Json Editor, but there are three very frustrating lack of features when using it.

1. No copy/paste. I have to go into a text editor to copy/paste objects or values. This defeats the purpose of using Json editor.
    2. You cant drag & drop json files onto the editor tab to open them. It is a PITA to open an already saved file. Very frustrating. A good editor would automatically display the file whenever you clicked it in the project with the JsonEditor tab open/active. Or on dbl click.
    3. The File directory window always points to your root project directory, rather than your last used folder. Very annoying to have to click a million folders to save as or create new, when you store all your json files in the same folder/area. Not the biggest issue, but an annoying one.
    And one feature request, which isnt necessary but would really make Json Editor awesome.

• The ability to choose a custom icon for a value. For example, if I could swap out the dice icon for integers, for a custom icon based on what I want to see, that would be great. Rainbow Folders and Visual Item Database are great like this. This makes the editor very valuable, as you assign visual identifiers to values. It makes it easier for non-programmers too. "Oh, the attack integer is the sword icon. The defense integer is the shield icon. Thx JSON Editor!"

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  14. richierich1204

richierich1204

@CarterG81 Thanks for the solid feedback! I like your feature requests and will look to add these to the next version. I'll keep you posted!

CarterG81 likes this.
  15. richierich1204

richierich1204

Happy new year community! Take advantage of our sale on the super useful Json Editor tool. Enjoy responsibly!

- Runt