Search Unity

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

yeah and he said Dec.. and Feb. and june and july... he said he had hdd, he said he sended asset to review team... blah blah blah. Alternative facts

2. jesseganey

jesseganey

I completely agree. If people want it not to be abandoned they should really back off. I for one would like to see where this project leads. its a great asset way cheaper than it could be.

Saiga308 likes this.
  3. Saiga308

Saiga308

So let's nag him daily like a bunch of whining children. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Ridiculous! Anyway, moving on. Going forward I'll only participate in discussions of value. My Unity Forum ignore list is going to get large quick at this rate.

4. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

I utilize TPC as well, and I think it's a very solid solution for those that are looking to implement a third person controller with a lot of options for interaction with the game world. The current state of my project is world building and integrating armor/weapons through the inventory, so at some point I will have a fully-working integration between TPC and US. I should have a video showcasing this new integration sometime in August, at which point I wouldn't mind also showcasing how I implemented TPC with US. For the moment, I have it integrated to the point that I can switch to an inventory icon I created to house the TPC weapons, at which point the character will interact with the object utilizing the US script, but it doesn't match up with the animations. To do that, I will likely create a new "Ability" in TPC that will utilize the US functionality so that the timing matches. In essence, it will work slightly different from the US function of simply clicking the object in the game world--instead, it will be a set animation that "plays" upon clicking.

And yes, TPC can be a little harder to code for, but thankfully they have a lot of basic functions already set up that you can simply call from an already-built class.

5. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi man, that is fantastic to see people doing great stuff with this kit!!! Good luck with your project.

This is exactly how assets should be used, making something different and your own!!!

Discord is a bit quiet these days, would be good to talk on there and show others what you are doing.

jesseganey and Gunsrequiem like this.
  6. Gunsrequiem

Gunsrequiem

Thank you, and I really appreciate the support!

I am a huge fan of your videos, and a lot of the things that you cover in them have helped and inspired me in new ways. You have built up quite the following, too, which I'm sure is very rewarding. Do you plan to continue making videos as Ultimate Survival evolves?

The Unity community is a very welcoming place to be, and I hope I can contribute back even a small portion of what I've experienced during my time here. This is why I've been very open about my project--it's a risk to expose a project in such early stages, but I believe that showing people what it's all about from the ground up will ensure that they fully understand what they are investing in if they choose to do so. Furthermore, it helps those who may be trying to build something similar.

With that in mind, I will be sure to check out Discord channel and see what it's all about once I've reached the stages of the project that implement things people are interested in. Hopefully there is someone on there who can benefit from seeing how certain things can be done. For now, I'll continue to post videos when I've introduced something worth showing in the project.

7. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Thanks man. It still shocks me that anyone watches my videos. Most likely I will do some videos when 0.2 hits.

Unity community is great, you do tend to get a few special cases, but in general its a good place to be.

jesseganey likes this.
  8. johny256

johny256

When will 02?

9. doodle911

doodle911

End of July

10. uni7y

uni7y

when it is ready :)

11. julianr

julianr

Hey Winterbyte!

I'm trying to bring back a property value, but its saying that it cannot convert Int to int. I've even tried converting it using ConvertToInt32(...) but no joy, doesn't like it. The problem is the property type on your drop within the Property Editor list shows Int, and not int

Code (csharp):
    2. int ammo_count = item.GetPropertyValue ("Ammo Count");
    Any ideas?

12. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hi, use this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. int ammo_count = item.GetPropertyValue("Ammo Count").Int.Current;

13. julianr

julianr

Lol. After finding that defence had just that I fixed it with Int.Current - thanks for the quick reply anyway :)

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  14. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Your videos are very useful. I am interested in seeing how different developers approach problems. So what made you start doing these ultimate survival videos in the first place?

15. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi

Asset flippers make me sick to my guts so I thought these videos might help prevent that by showing people how they can customise the kit.

Lol I failed on that

julianr likes this.
  16. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

ur not failed on that , you helped many people how to do things with this kit

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  17. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

Then do it yourself.

18. adndima

adndima

You can provide it before you send it to the store?

19. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

I have a feeling that if and when version .2 gets released on the asset store, it will be the most flipped asset in the history of gaming, unfortunately. One reason I am questioning using it at all, I don't want be associated with asset flippers if my future game retains any resemblance at all to this kit. At the very least completely redo the UI in addition to my other customization and add-ons, or maybe just use the code and reverse engineer it to make a completely different game.

Or am I being silly? I just don't one some gamer to look and see, "Oh, that health bar kinda vaguely resembles that infamous asset from the Unity asset store that Jim Sterling likes to bash all the time in his videos... ah hah! caught another one! Time to call Jim Sterling!"

20. cyeninas

cyeninas

Since I started messing with Unity I started doing this in every game I've been seeing, but I've never done that before and I don't think it's really a legitimate concern with most users unless the whole game is blatantly just an asset flip.

21. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We will make a link available for current customers yes, when we're ready.
    I just hope it won't end up leaked before it hits the store.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  22. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

Thanks, that would be great, I hope also for your sake that it does not leak, unfortunately sooner or later it will happen, even so, as far as I know, to publish a game you need to have the original assets ¿No?

I approve to ask if you have much to finish the 0.2? ;)

a greeting

jesseganey likes this.
  23. julianr

julianr

US is great, I must admit.. currently I only use parts of it, like the Inventory System and Crafting, which I have integrated with Invectors Shooter template, works well for the most part, but still figuring things out with regard to ammo consumption and put back what you don't use.

24. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I hope you'll find 0.2+ more useful. :) Especially 0.3 since will have a third person mode.

Aiming to submit it at the end of this month.

25. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

Unfortunately a lot of people cannot look beyond the UI and do not realise it is just the tip of the iceberg and will shout Asset Flip unless you change the UI a lot regardless of what you have done under the hood or to the gameplay mechanics. I put up videos where I still had mostly the US UI but had added faction management, trading, missions, friendly NPCs, procedurally generated terrain, Voxeland integration (way before it got into US) and still got called an asset flipper on Steam multiple times. I guess if you just change the UI which is relatively simple compared to the rest you may get away with it with very little actual work.

26. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

In these days, changing UI is not enough. Using assets itself (3d models) and all games look the same. Like simple assets from synthstudios for example.

Johns_Art likes this.
  27. RemitPrime

RemitPrime

in my opinion , if you want to make something great with this asset you need to change everything that user see.

Build System , GUI , Objects , Player hand model and more.

I really cant understand people sended this asset to greenlight before , what did you expect, its not finished game.

it will start boring players after 15 mins max and then they will refund it thats all.

28. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

I think it is far more important to add the extra game mechanics to make a more addictive game with more things for the player to do than focus on cosmetics like the UI and models first. Having said that as well as all of the additional gameplay mechanics I also replaced all the NPC models, the build system to a block building one (useful for cave buildings in Voxeland), the AI itself and the weapons, still not enough for some people!
    The point of EA is to release the game early and improve things like the models,, storyline etc as you go, what I don't like is when developers claim future gameplay functionality at Alpha 1 and then 4 years later still have not introduced it!
    I have just finished the player level and skill system for my Alpha 1 which will hopefully be by the end of the month so still some time for some cosmetics :)

29. Legend458

Legend458

How do you bake Voxeland to add animals to it?

30. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

I didn't bake it, I use a dynamic NavMesh which was introduced in Unity 5.6. I believe it can be done though, try the Voxeland forum.

31. Legend458

Legend458

Hmm. I may look into it since I still want animals in my game, thanks for the tip!

32. EvansSoftware

EvansSoftware

It is the most important thing to consider when going for destructible terrain, it's nice to have the ability to dig etc but it does mean you may have to make some sacrifices for AI when is comes to performance depending on the nature of your game especially if you are going for an infinite (or near) terrain as well. If you look back a few pages on this forum it was discussed including where to look for some help.

33. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Can the inventory system work with UFPS? i've been using Inventory pro but it doesn't have fuel option for crafting, also I have my own building system and ai

34. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Do you mean it has no built in option to craft fuel? and if so why not just add the option yourself?

35. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Are you some sort of troll?

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The task of merging US's inventory system and UFPS should be pretty easy since UFPS is pretty modular in this regard.
    Depends on how far you want to take it, if you want all the UI functionality, etc. it's definitely possible but coding is required.

Let me know if you need any help on that.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  37. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

No I'm genuinely asking why.

38. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

How to show every Item in Inventory,Hotbar etc. as debug.log, I tried to but it doesn't show any of item.

39. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

- Go to the InventoryController script, open it.
    - In the Start or Awake method go through each holder from your desired collection/list.
    In this case "m_HotbarCollection":
    Code (CSharp):
    1. for(int i = 0;i < m_HotbarCollection.Count;i ++)
    2.     print(m_HotbarCollection[i].ItemData.Name);
    That's it, if I remember 0.1's API well.
    How did you try to print the items? how exactly it didn't work?

40. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

error CS1061: Type `UltimateSurvival.ItemHolder' does not contain a definition for `ItemData' and no extension method `ItemData' of type `UltimateSurvival.ItemHolder' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Am I do something wrong

41. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Use m_HotbarCollection.CurrentItem.ItemData.Name;

42. zvckisonfire

zvckisonfire

Could someone help me; "input axis Horizontal UI is not setup" thanks!

43. Saiga308

Saiga308

If you import Ultimate Survival, the inputs should be setup properly,

44. Oldnag

Oldnag

how to stop the arms shaking when u aim down sights, mine go crazy

45. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Author please make sure its compatible with 2017.1 when you do next release.!!

46. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

It will do that at position > 1500 because of floating point errors. You have to modify the system and leave the FP weapons at position 0, 0, 0 when the player gets spawned. 0.2 has that fixed.

Yep, I imported 0.2 in Unity 2017.1 yesterday actually, working on that version from now on.

47. TyBird

TyBird

Quick question. Does the project support mobile?

Thanks

48. Oldnag

Oldnag

why when i make an ai group i get this error
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UltimateSurvival.AI.AIGroup.Update () (at Assets/Ultimate Survival/Scripts/By Namespace/UltimateSurvival.AI/Gameplay/AIGroup.cs:73)

49. julianr

julianr

as long as it still works for 5.6.x - some of us don't upgrade to every unity version that comes out - its unproductive :)

50. VladimirRad

VladimirRad

Hello @ Winterbyte312! I have one problem. It is associated with change stages. Specifically with the script ''Dont destroy on load''. This script is very easy!

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class ExampleClass : MonoBehaviour {
    5.    void Awake() {
    6.        DontDestroyOnLoad(transform.gameObject);
    7.    }
    8. }
    But when the character moves onto the stage and then back it's kind of duplicated, I fixed it like this

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class Donotdestory : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     private static bool spawned = false;
    7.     void Awake()
    8.     {
    9.         if (spawned == false)
    10.         {
    11.             spawned = true;
    12.             DontDestroyOnLoad(gameObject);
    13.             //Code...
    14.         }
    15.         else
    16.         {
    17.             DestroyImmediate(gameObject);
    19.         }
    20.     }
    22. }
    BUT in your asset are attached to the character Game Controller and In-Game GUI. I can not figure out how to make sure that these elements are not duplicated just like I did with player. May by you will do this in 0.2. Help me please! Thank you in advance!

Sorry for my english!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    gegebel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.