Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Ultimate Survival - The Complete Survival Template

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AngryPixelUnity, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyger81

tyger81

I have to fix the problem, now it remains for me to settle that its lock when I am in the inventory ^^

2. tyger81

tyger81

Where is my error:

Private void OnChanged_InventoryState ()
    {
    M_InventoryIsOpen =! InventoryController.Instance.IsClosed;

If (m_InventoryIsOpen)
    {
    Cursor.visible = true;
    Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.None;
    Player.ViewLocked.Set (Cursor.lockState! = CursorLockMode.Locked || Player.SelectBuildable.Active);
    }
    Else
    {
    Cursor.visible = false;
    Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked;
    Player.ViewLocked.Set (Cursor.lockState! = CursorLockMode.None);
    }
    }

Its block well when I am in the inventory, but when I close it unlock it not, is impossible to touch the inventory ... that the bare acction of the bottom

3. evilangel89

evilangel89

Hey @Winterbyte312 , Really really really interested in your asset and this is hands down the most well priced ( even unfairly priced for the developer I would say ) asset on the store because it offers so much bang for the money. I am currently developing a 3rd person game. I am the only person who does the development and since game development is more of a part time thing for me it's been really difficult to do what I want to do but I think I'll be able to do a lot with a template like your in place.

Just wanted to ask your opinion on how easy it would be to swap out modules from your asset to a 3rd person controller. Especially when it comes to animations.

4. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Since you are the only developer for the game, I'll assume you can code, then you can easily develop a 3rd person mode, or use an existing solution. If you bought the asset and need help, let me know.

5. evilangel89

evilangel89

I can. I am relatively new to Unity and game development but I've been coding in C# for over a few years and I know my way around. I however completely suck at animation and 3d modelling.

If the system is modular I should be able to take away the building system and all. I am as you mentioned using a 3rd person controller I bought on the store already.

Just wanted to know your experience trying to get your code working with another asset. I am going to buy the asset either way. It's just too valuable for the money to let go.

It's the animation that nags me. Such as cutting down trees and all.

6. tyger81

tyger81

I have a problem, I delete everything that can block when one touches "escape" but when I go its block just the mouse, an idea?

Attached Files:

7. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Let's talk on Skype, so we don't clutter this thread. :)

8. tyger81

tyger81

Ok, sorry ^^

9. yummybrainz

yummybrainz

Here's a really good and extensive tutorial series on how to code a 3rd person camera. He probably goes much deeper than you will initially need.

10. bobbybau

bobbybau

ok, I am going to take it that you cant add your own animals besides ragdoll humans to the game....

11. evilangel89

evilangel89

Hey man, thanks. But I am very well versed with how an orbital camera is programmed. I've been in this space a bit longer than I may have let on. I was interested in knowing specifically about how modular the systems in the templatee are, so that I can understand if I can plug and play with some work or if the modules are tightly coupled to the controller in the template which means I have to work really hard.

12. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

I have made some spike fences that can be upgraded with scrap metal as a second tier and an animated saw blade trap for its final stage. My question is how would I make the saw blade do damage. I tried adding the saw blade part of the object to the items and chose to copy the bone hammer as an example but it did not work for me. Could have been user error on that part. But I'm confused on how I should go about getting the saw blade to act as a weapon. Also is there any way currently to have the canibals target the structures? I know that this will be easy to do once ICE intergration is added. Thanks

Also if you notice my other icon on the scroll wheel is messed up. It seems to do that a lot. Is there anything that can be done to stop this or is it because I have added too many things to that section?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  13. tyger81

tyger81

You have the craft system that works? If I do not disable it its me bug inventory

14. Derkin

Derkin

Hi I am having troubles with setting up everything as the manual is outdated and I can't find the 'Tools' tab. Are you able to help me out with this? I don't mind if we talk on skype as I could use some help with others things as I have many questions :)

15. tyger81

tyger81

For now I disable the interface craft, to solve the problem of inventory, you talk about what tools?

16. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Took me more than 15 hours but i was able to rework the entire GUI graphics except the Wheel which i will be doing soon.

17. bobbybau

bobbybau

kenny why is your frame rate so low?

18. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

It's a combination of 2 things,
    1. My FPS drop to 40 and even lower when i'm using the sniper rifle with scope because the scope renders everything through the camera you aim from. So basically, the image is renders 2 times and that its performance but that can be fixed by resolving my 2nd problem.
    2. I need a much better tree spawner system. I'm going to switch to Critias Tree System and i'm sure that will resolve my FPS issue and i won't have to touch the scope cam.
    Conclusion, I strongly believe that by taking care of the tree system I will much resolve my FPS problems. I have 5,710 tress and we all know how well Standard Unity handles tress o_O

I almost forgot, i'm running VSync as well so my fps will not above above 60fps.

19. ChadWoodworth

ChadWoodworth

I know this is late but here is how I did the physics part I was just wondering if this is how you were planning on doing it. I have included a video and if you have a different vision I'm cool with that.

20. evilangel89

evilangel89

I whole heartedly recommend the Critias Tree System. Or even Alt Trees. I use Critias myself but I've only got something like 2k trees. Btw you should also try GPU instancing.

21. evilangel89

evilangel89

While Time of Day has been around for some time I'd recommend Enviro. The author @Vondox is also an amazing bloke and the support has always been top notch. It has integrations with RTP and Lux Terrain Shaders to add snow and puddle shaders on different weathers. The guy also has plans to support Megasplat in an upcoming update and he's already integrated the system with Gaia. Should be good.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Vondox likes this.
  22. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Wow guys, they are both great.

Wow that is fantastic. How many things can you carry at once?

I know exactly what you mean about 15hours spent on UI. I have been customising the UI so that it is completely different. But the layout of the recipe window was a huge part of the time spent.

TheSeawolf likes this.
  23. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Have you looked at the AltTrees system?

24. evilangel89

evilangel89

I've had a look at the downloadable demo only. Haven't bought it or played with it. Got Critias since it was a free alternative and I was curious to see how it would stack up against the alt demo.

25. tyger81

tyger81

How did you do to have the craft bug complete me, possible to have your script craft? Me he plants me all the inventory

26. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Sorry man, I began on that tutorial, but I'm incredibly busy :( I can quickly set up an animal for you, through Team Viewer, so you can see how it's done :)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

To make the saw blade act as a weapon, add a trigger collider + the DamageVolume script. The campfire works in the same way (fire damage), check that out.

So you want to make the cannibals attack the structures? It can be done easily, you have to make the structures be seen as targets, you have to mess with the Attack action script mainly. Let me know if you need help on that, send a PM here.

I'm not exactly sure what's happenning there, if you haven't fixed it yet, send me more info as a PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmm, the Tools tab should be there, maybe you're not using Unity 5.5? Because the asset doesn't work in Unity 5.6 (I haven't tested it yet).
    Let me know if you fixed it or not, try Unity 5.5. Most probably the code couldn't be compiled so that's why it didn't show up.

27. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

The Enviro author contacted us and offered a voucher, Enviro integrated scheduled for v0.3 :)

RobsonFMaciel, Vondox and evilangel89 like this.
  28. evilangel89

evilangel89

Wooooooooooohoooooooooo!!! :D Thanks man!! By the way just noticed you've said the asset doesn't work for 5.6 . Do you intend to update the asset for 5.6 when it's out of beta in March ? Just want to know before I get the tool . I intend to use a lot of cinemachine 1.5 and probably the new navmesh features.

29. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Sure, v0.2 will be 5.6 compatible, and yep, we're really excited about the new navmesh features!

evilangel89 likes this.
  30. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Can you explain how to setup the tree manager script with AltTrees? I imported all my Terrain Tress to the AltTrees system and my fps double if not tripled so i'm really happy with it but i can't get the Tree Manager script to work because the tress are not in the terrain editor anymore but instead on the AltTrees Edittor now.

31. evilangel89

evilangel89

Actually he was asking me about looking up at AltTrees :) . I am glad that AltTrees worked for you, but I can't help because I am on Critias :( I will let you know if I buy Alt and come across this scenario.

32. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

It's good to know that Critas is working. I really like the settings that AltTress come with but if i can't get it to work with the tree manager I might end up using Critas. I'm hopping that maybe it's something simple that can be done to the Tree Manager script?.

@Winterbyte312 and @TheMessyCoder
    Can you guys share some light into this matter if possible?

33. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Unfortunately I havnt picked up the AltTrees yet. Some of the reviews made me pause before picking up, so I would love to chat with the dev to learn more.

evilangel89 likes this.
  34. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

I honesty don't know about any errors that does review are taking about. Might have been for an old version since they are more than 2 months old.

35. Sorrowthief

Sorrowthief

Does it need the smelting script /component cause I added the two things you said and I cannot get it to work. I have made sure my collider is a trigger and that its large enough to hit the player.

36. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

If your player doesn't have a rigidbody attached, attach one to the saw blade, make it kinematic.

37. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Part 9 in my tutorial series is live. A quick unity3D tutorial to show how to make a blueprint of your house using Ultimate Survival!

In this tutorial we cheat a bit and use the game mode to build a house and then copy that house in to a blueprint. That way we can build entire houses and other buildings from just one parent prefab.

Disclaimer, there are much better ways of doing this, but this is just a messy and quick way of how to do it.

Because the pieces that make up the house still have all their hitboxes you can destroy walls and doors without taking down the entire house. You can also add other objects on to the house, as the walls etc. still have all their slots intact.

38. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Hello
    Just wondering if there is any update on getting Emerald AI asset working with this? I've been digging through the code trying to get everything working properly just a few glitches. Is there some kind of work around for adding A.I?

Thanks a lot! Fantastic asset!

39. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Whoohooo, less than 1 day and already have 1 dislike.
    Looks like some people don't like cheating.

If you have 3rd party editor tools for snapping, it is a lot easier to place in editor mode than normal, however when I tried I lost the association that an object has occupied the slot.

I would love to hear what other solutions people have for a similar result.

40. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

What glitches did you face?

41. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Sorry for bringing this issue back but will there be support for AltTrees system? I wanted to get some clarification before I decide if I need to go with another solution for my tress or wait. I was looking at Critias Tree System but I noticed that this system apears to be mainly for speedtress and I don't use speedtrees.

42. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

We haven't thought about integrating a tree system yet, looks like AltTrees would be the better solution, I don't have any experience with them though, I'll add this integration on the v0.3 roadmap.

43. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

Thank you, This is really good news. AltTress It's a really powerful tool to be able to use with large maps that contain thousands of trees.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  44. MrGky93

MrGky93

In the newest version is for building the building menu wheel is it possible to us the old way like your first video trailer from youtube?

45. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

I replied to your PM, yes it is possible. See how the furnace and other placeables are set-up.

46. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Not many, I'm just trying to setup Deer in the game that you can hunt also bears and wolves. This models use Legacy animations, maybe I'm missing something with setting up the A.I using the Ultimate Survival system. I personally like the Emerald AI asset because if I wanted to make packs of wolves it wouldn't be a problem, plus it is extremely easy to use.

47. AngryPixelUnity

AngryPixelUnity

Hey, the Emerald AI integration is scheduled for the 0.3 update, your models use Legacy animations but you can change their rig to "Generic" and create an Animator controller so you can use them with Ultimate Survival.

TheSeawolf and RealAspireGames like this.
  48. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Thank you, looks like I have some new goals this week to get done with this project. Thanks again for the great asset! I appreciate all of your hard work.

AngryPixelUnity likes this.
  49. ryandanielbarton

ryandanielbarton

50. ShatterGlassGames

ShatterGlassGames

StephenL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.